PDA

View Full Version : "Por favor, mantenganse alejado de las puertas"

DJ Disney Kid
02-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Why the hype? I don't get it? :confused3

fla4fun
02-23-2008, 09:08 AM
I think it's just all a part of the monorail experience. It's a phrase that immediately conjures up the vision of being on the monorail, waiting in the station as the doors close. It puts you in a specific place, and if you say it to someone else who's a Disney fan, you don't have to explain it - they know what you're talking about and what the reference is.

JPG
02-23-2008, 09:13 AM
I think it's just all a part of the monorail experience. It's a phrase that immediately conjures up the vision of being on the monorail, waiting in the station as the doors close. It puts you in a specific place, and if you say it to someone else who's a Disney fan, you don't have to explain it - they know what you're talking about and what the reference is.

I could not have said it better myself! :thumbsup2

wildeoscar
02-23-2008, 09:17 AM
exactly, if you say that to a disney fan... they know exactly what you mean.

CaptHook34
02-23-2008, 09:27 AM
This is the phrase all disney monorail fans know. When you get on the monorail from any resort and your just that much closer to the MK and you hear "please stand clear of the doors"..then por favor..the phrase just gets to you. Ive heard the pharse so many times on the monorail i just happened to memorize it. Now that the phrase is on a tshirt, i gotta buy it!!

Dan Murphy
02-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Like they say, if you 'get it', no explanation needed, if you 'don't get it', no explanation will help.

Cookie55
02-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Like they say, if you 'get it', no explanation needed, if you 'don't get it', no explanation will help.

Perfectly stated Dan! :flower3:

boomhauer
02-23-2008, 10:22 AM

Bingo.

They sell t-shirts in the Magic Kingdom now with that phrase on it. I picked one up as soon as I saw it.

I also have it on my ipod.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
02-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Bingo.

They sell t-shirts in the Magic Kingdom now with that phrase on it. I picked one up as soon as I saw it.

I also have it on my ipod.

Where in Mk do they sell the tee???

Harambe
02-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Yep - I know I'm not the only person who actually plans a ride on the monorail into my disney vacation!

Gusteau
02-23-2008, 10:47 AM
:jumping1:

kidpluto
02-23-2008, 11:01 AM
okay so i got the idea but what does the phrase translate out to?

CaptHook34
02-23-2008, 11:15 AM
okay so i got the idea but what does the phrase translate out to?

It's the Spanish translation of "please stand clear of the doors"

snowiit
02-23-2008, 11:20 AM
My daughter, 22, who was raised on trips to the world, saw the tshirt when we were there in Jan and had to have it. Contemp and Poly gift shop had just a few. We ended up finding it in the right size at World of Disney.
Everyone is right... you have to be a "Disney-ite" to really understand it's significance. My daughter and I both had it as ring tones at one time. We actually just recorded it to the phone on a ride on the monorail one day.

Nancy:flower3:

TDC Nala
02-23-2008, 11:24 AM
I have the tee shirt too.

That phrase is also sometimes the alternative club creed at the Adventurers Club.

Brian_WDW74
02-23-2008, 06:05 PM

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z18/Brian_WDW74/DSCF4079_sm.jpg

Where in Mk do they sell the tee???

In the Emporium. You can also get them at all the monorail resorts and the WOD store in DTD.

Timon-n-Pumbaa Fan
02-23-2008, 06:12 PM
I have shirt envy!

Aunt Michelle
02-23-2008, 06:15 PM
I have shirt envy!

Me too! Now I am trying to figure out how I can get one BEFORE my May trip.

GalDisney
02-23-2008, 07:07 PM
The only bad thing about the tshirt, is the castle printed on it is Sleeping Beauty castle from Disneyland..o well, you would think they would get this stuff correct .

Charleston Princess
02-23-2008, 07:30 PM
I am loving the shirt!!!! I love how it has that vintage artwork too!

1st_WDW_1977
02-23-2008, 07:44 PM
My Brother, Cousin, and myself spent the entire trip back in '97 trying to figure out and memorize the phrase. This took many trips on the Monorail. This has been somewhat of a joke for us for over a decade, now. I never knew it was such a fan favorite untill about a year or two ago. Ohhh,.....and guess what I found under the x-mas tree this past year. Go on, guess!

Thats right!!! The shirt!!!pirate:

DisneyWorld Delight
02-23-2008, 08:11 PM
These shirts are pretty popular. Pretty hard to chase down. On Tuesday the 12th, in the Emporium there were quite a few. Friday night, they were sold out.

It's very funny to me. When my laptop shuts down, this phrase is what plays.

K, P & J's Grandma
02-23-2008, 10:14 PM
My Brother, Cousin, and myself spent the entire trip back in '97 trying to figure out and memorize the phrase. This took many trips on the Monorail. This has been somewhat of a joke for us for over a decade, now. I never knew it was such a fan favorite untill about a year or two ago. Ohhh,.....and guess what I found under the x-mas tree this past year. Go on, guess!

Thats right!!! The shirt!!!pirate:

Here's your picture!
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh222/mskjwen/P1050445.jpg

jjk
02-24-2008, 03:28 AM
I have shirt envy!

Me too:rolleyes2 ::yes::

nateryan
02-24-2008, 10:23 AM
When my laptop shuts down, this phrase is what plays.

HOW????? That would be cool if I could have my laptop do this!

DisneyWorld Delight
02-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Follow this link to get a copy of the Monorail Por Favor Phrase: (it's under other)

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/sounds.html

Right click and "Save Target As" onto your desktop. Mine actually, saved and plays in itunes, but you'll also have a link on your desktop.

To save as a closer:

-Start
-Control Panel
-Sounds and Audio Devices
-Sounds
-In the Sounds Que under "Program Events," scroll down and click on "Exit Windows"
-In the Sounds Que under "Sounds" you'll need to select the monorail jingle by browsing. Look in Desktop. Click "Monorail" "ok" "apply" "ok"

Now just shut down your computer and see if it works.

Once you figure this out, you can program alot of different sounds. Spectro Magic music upon opening...

squeezle
02-26-2008, 03:09 PM
DH and i always joke that they are saying something about Joe Montagna ... we keep looking for him but can never find him :confused3

Promomx2
02-26-2008, 03:13 PM
I have a monorail christmas ornament that lights up and has the same voice, but not this saying. Whenever I press it while it's on the tree, we all try to remember the phrase. Love that ornament.

thadarkslayer
02-26-2008, 05:53 PM
I've got the fridge magnet that cycles through the various monorail phrases. Now I REALLY need the shirt. Thankfully, I'm making a day trip in March. =)

nateryan
02-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks for telling me how. I now have the monorial - doors one when I shut down my laptop. Thanks so much!!!:yay:

dwaters
02-26-2008, 09:19 PM
The only bad thing about the tshirt, is the castle printed on it is Sleeping Beauty castle from Disneyland..o well, you would think they would get this stuff correct .

Wow, you're right. Nice catch. Strange they would mess that up on an official shirt like that.

Thanks DisneyWorld Delight for the audio and computer tips!

I think the monorail speil is lots of people's little private joke. I guess when thousands of people feel the same, it's not so private and they can make T-shirts about it.
Even people that have never been know the castle, parades, characters, and stuff, but the monorail thing is kind of like something you'd have to be there to get.

WDWRocksMySocks
03-01-2008, 05:45 PM
I desperately want that shirt! I love the phrase. There's just nothing like hearing it when you're in the World!!