PDA

View Full Version : Doubletree Suites

byrd328
02-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Hi

Anyone stay here lately? I know its located in Downtown Disney, but is it walking distance? My plan is to walk and connect to the disney parks from there using disney transportations or would you suggest just using the downtown disney shuttle? I heard this is a long ride and it runs only every hour? Any info would be great!!

Thanks
Byrd328

jerseymom473
03-07-2008, 12:20 PM
I can't answer from experience, but I will be staying here in Aug (great price, large suites etc) but what I have learned is that they have their own shuttle that runs every 1/2 hour or you can take the disney bus from DTD. I have heard that DTD is (and isn't) in walking distance, so I guess it may be a bit of a hike. One the plus side, it is near shops and restaurants on the outside world! I have a simliar question posted, so far no response, about the buses.
I am considering renting a car, with the savings on the room making it affordable.

4Seasons
03-07-2008, 01:58 PM
We stayed there quite a while ago (about 6 or 7 years ago), and did walk to Downtown Disney a couple times. The walk was a bit of a hike, but we like walking and it was fine for us. We also walked to the shopping center out on 535 one evening to go to Chevy's for dinner.
The shuttle I believe ran hourly and picked up at other hotels along that strip as well, so it wasn't a direct trip.
My kids really liked the atrium in the Doubletree with all the colorful birds. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

5boyz
03-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi there!! Ok I have not stayed at DT....yet!!! But last year my sister and I were renting a car from the car place in DT...we took the bus from POP to DTD and walked to DT...it was about 15 minutes...not too far and it was hot..lol.

jersyemom473...if you mind me asking how much did you get the DT for? I am looking at July 18- Aug. 1. thanks

jerseymom473
03-09-2008, 02:58 PM
I paid about $117 for weekdays and $120 for the weekend portion of our stay. This was with a AAA discount. This does not include the breakfast for four. (That was $20 more, so I skipped it). I did see something just today on allears.com for a corporate rate code, and I think that might include the breakfast. We are staying late Aug though and prices might be a little higher in July. Hope this helps.

Willow1213
03-10-2008, 05:01 PM
We stayed at the doubletree last august. The walk to DTD is not short, but doable about 10 - 15 minutes. My boyfriend has bad knees, so we took the bus. The bus transportation there was not bad, but definitely not as good as Disney transportation. We waited about 20 minutes for a bus to MGM and about 10 for a bus to DTD. The buses were a lot nicer than the disney buses, more like ME coaches than just a regular bus. There were movies playing for the kids to watch on the ride there. It was definitely worth the cost savings for us to have a much bigger room! We would stay there again (except the Hilton is cheaper for our upcoming trip! :lmao: )

jerseymom473
03-11-2008, 03:24 PM
It is good to hear that the buses are not too bad and are actually nicer. this was big big concern. We are staying at DT for the first four days and then moving to BC (since I got 40% off) for the last 3. Was starting to second guess either staying all seven on disney or to rent a car for the days at DT. Disney w/o a car is about the same $$ as DT with. My concern is my four year old who is not great at waiting!!! I want to have a stressfree vac as possible.!
:confused3

HopperFan
03-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Someone may want to verify this but it was my understanding that you no longer can not get a Disney bus at DTD that goes to the parks. You can only take buses that go to the resorts. Of course you could transfer then but you are probably talking the same amount of time as the DTD shuttle, plus the walk.

We stayed at DTS and it is a nice resort !

Praying Colonel
03-11-2008, 06:00 PM
DW just got a call from someone from Hilton offering 3 nights at Doubletree next January for $167, including tax. Is that a good deal? Any thoughts on whether or how we can get them to extend it to 7 nights (besides asking? :) )

Magalex
03-11-2008, 06:06 PM
For our trip next year in 2009 we are very interested in the Doubletree DTD. They have been receiving great reviews on tripadvisor. They had finished recent renovations to lobby/restaurant areas. Would love to see new photos or read any new reviews from DISers. So everyone going soon please report back:)