PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone stayed at the on site hotel at MCO??

edk35
02-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Just curious how expensive it might be and what the name is. Thanks

kylara
02-21-2008, 06:30 PM
It is the Hyatt hotel and it is very nice. Not sure how much it cost because I stayed for a conference and got conference prices...which was below cost since another Hyatt had closed and this was moved there.

shamrock30
02-21-2008, 06:33 PM
It's the Hyatt and I've stayed there twice. The first time, I got a good rate using Hotwire. This past December, Hotwire had changed their description so I could no longer be (fairly) certain of which hotel I was getting. I had to settle for a AAA rate of $189.

It's a nice hotel, but the only reason we stayed there was because our flight got in so late. We didn't want to rent a car that late at night, and most of the hotels in the area don't seem to have 24 hour shuttles.

MODisneyfan
02-21-2008, 07:11 PM
I am going to be staying at the Hyatt in May the night before my flight home.. I have put many people there as an agent myself and I have only heard great things.. It does run about 189.00-215 a night depending on the dates and if you have any discounts or anything..

It is also the only hotel connected to the airport.. If that is not really what you are looking for there are many hotels that are close to the airport with free airport shuttles ..

kty
02-21-2008, 07:19 PM
we stayed at the hyatt the night before our disney cruise last january. we loved it, it was very convenient. we had a private car pick us up right at the hotel, so only had to take luggage from room to elevator. we got a great rate on hotwire, i think like 89.00 or 99.00 per night. it was the hotel with the tennis courts. you may want to try hotwire, but, i think they changed things so its harder to figure out which hotel is which. It was a very nice hotel.

PrincessKsMom
02-21-2008, 07:24 PM
We stayed there for one night three years ago, because our flight got canceled. It was about $200 for the night and it was a great hotel. I would recommend it for a short stay. However, there really is no where to go except in the airport, so it did feel a little constricting which is why I wouldn't recommend staying there more than a day or so.

denisenh
02-23-2008, 11:09 AM
I was lucky enough to get it on prieline once.....i know it was a bid less than $100. .....like $55. or $65. We had beautiful rooms (2 of them) overlooking the atrium of the airport.
We also stayed one other time between our hotels check out time and our late flight. We just stayed the day and used the pool. It was a "day use" rate. I forget what it cost though.

edk35
02-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks everyone. We have decided to just splurge for another night at OKW and we were able to get a cash ressie with a DVC discount so we will just stay there and get in early afternoon. Thanks again. :goodvibes