PDA

View Full Version : vacation homes

LuvinDisney
02-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Wondering if anyone has rented a vacation home close to disney. IF so I would love to hear about where you found it and how you liked it!
thanks

7165red
02-21-2008, 05:11 PM
We rented a villa on /07 & 08. We went to orlandovillas.com. It was a wonderful experience. We really like both homes and having a pvt. pool was great. The owners were from th UK and kept in close contact with us. The villa looked exactally as the photo's posted on the site. We received our deposit about 3 wks. upon return.

minnie10
02-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Some folks from my hometown own a home 5 minutes from disney. Check it out at www.lazybonesvilla.com. It looks awesome. I have heard great things about this place. Thanks

Mainebound
02-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Wondering if anyone has rented a vacation home close to disney. IF so I would love to hear about where you found it and how you liked it!
thanks

Why don't you check the related review board which has lots of reviews of vacation homes.

Frothy
02-22-2008, 07:25 PM
We have rented three times from the same company now and we are very happy with their service. It's just got even better for us as we are now a "Gold" member and we get a better discount plus cheese and wine when we check in.

For us and our family it's the only way to stay now. We've done some of the better hotels on previous stays but when you consider everything you get it's just a really great deal.

Florida Leisure is who we use now and we have always felt very well looked after by them... in fact, they are so friendly it just seems like we are an extension of their family. We always look forward to our trips to Orlando and I particularly like my evening glass of wine by the pool as the sun is setting. It's so nice to have some privacy and not have the hassle of having other people around you other than family.

The homes we have rented have been on Sunset Lakes and Cumbrian Lakes. Sunset is on the west side of Disney and Cumbrian on the east. We loved Sunset so much that we wanted to go back there but all the houses were full so we ended up in a gorgeous house on Cumbrian instead. We stayed in it again last year and we are just about to book it again for our Summer stay.

Both of these communities are gated and they are no more than 10 mins from Disney which makes them perfect. We now prefer Cumbrian as we are foodies and really enjoy making the 20 minute trip to Sand Lake Rd to eat at some of the great restaurants in that area.

Grog
02-22-2008, 09:09 PM
We rented a home and loved it so much we plan to do it again. We opted to do this because there were two couples and it was so much cheaper and nicer than two hotel rooms.

We found our house through http://www.vrbo.com. The owner was really nice and made sure we knew everything we needed to know before we got there. The house was a three bedroom with a pool and ran us just a little over $600 for seven nights, with a $200 deposit (This was in the month of April so not sure how much higher it would have been in peak season). The owner also returned our deposit in a timely manner.

twinsplusone
02-23-2008, 07:46 AM
Frothy would you mind posting where you stayed in Sunset Lakes? We are really looking at this area so dh can fish every morning before heading out. Also, can you fish at Cumbrian Lakes?

Picking the Perfect area and home is making my head spin.

Thanks for your help.

KarenG101
02-23-2008, 10:29 AM
http://www.disneyvillarentals.com/index.html

mtmbyck
02-23-2008, 04:36 PM
we rent a home every year. We try different homes so we have stayed in Indian ridge oaks, windsor hills, windsor palms, and this year we are doing Emerald Isle. These are the closest communities to WDW. Some of the other communities might take you upwards of 30-40 minutes to get to given the traffic. Go on vbro.com and negotiate a rate with the owners directly.

Once you stay in a rental home, you will most likely not stay in a hotel again!

Frothy
02-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Frothy would you mind posting where you stayed in Sunset Lakes? We are really looking at this area so dh can fish every morning before heading out. Also, can you fish at Cumbrian Lakes?

Picking the Perfect area and home is making my head spin.

Thanks for your help.

The one at Sunset was this house:

http://************************/FL%202004/5%20Bedroom%20Homes/Home%208432-E/Home8432.htm

and the one on Cumbrian :

http://************************/FL%202004/6%20Bedroom%20Homes/Home%204618-E/Home%204618-E.htm

Fishing... yes, you can fish in both communities.

Don't know why the links won't show properly but if you put Florida Leisure in where the ** are showing you should see the houses. If you go to the web site and look for 8432 or 4618 then you can see the houses.