PDA

View Full Version : when to check for time share?

chessie
02-20-2008, 03:16 PM
I am using my son's time share exchange with Interval International. I'm not expecting much right now since we are planning for November. My question is when is the best times during the day to check to see what is available. Right now there is nothing but junk on there. I know it gets much better as the time gets closer but I can't help but check fairly often. We have a good exchange week at a ski resort and have stayed at some really great resorts. I'm hoping to see what I want and jump on it so that that is one thing taken care of for our tip.

postalcop
02-20-2008, 06:59 PM
we have been with II for more than 8 years, and we always do our exchanges at 8-10 months before our vacation. i would check for exchanges often. i don't know if you are looking to stay on Disney property, but if so keep checking as much as you can. this year was the first year we were able to exchange for a Disney property!
good luck to you!!

~Sue

utahkennedys
02-20-2008, 08:36 PM
I wouldn't wait for the exchange to show up as those are "leftovers". Put in a request for the resorts you want, then you can still watch and snag something that looks good if you see it.

dioxide45
02-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Definitly set up an ongoing request for the resorts/dates you want. If you are trying to trade in to a hotel chain brand (Marriott/Hilton) they are always the first to go. What is left when you look for instant exchanges on II's web site are what is left over after the ongoing requests are filled.

madelyn
02-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Seems like the best inventory is in the early mornings but I have seen good weeks pop up in the middle of the day. 2 bedroom units at the DVC properties are harder to come by but 1 bedroom units, especially at Old Key West and Saratoga Springs pop up fairly regularly, as do studio units.

Janet Hill
02-21-2008, 06:33 AM
I've been seeing lots of Disney for September check-in lately. There was a 1BR VWL a few days ago, I was thinking of booking, but didn't and now I regret it.

I would definately put in a request for a DVC property, just remember DVC charges a $95 resort fee.

If the November week you want is Thanksgiving week, you will have a tougher time getting DVC

chessie
02-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Thank you for your information.

I was a bit leary of putting in a standing request because it stated they could book you into a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday without your knowledge. I really need it to be Saturday to Saturday. I just went back and read it and I think what it actually meant is that they can book you into your requested date without contacting you. Correct me if I am wrong.

spiceycat
02-21-2008, 09:33 AM
there are not some Marriott?

those are definitely not junk.

4:30am to 6:30 am central time is generally a good time.

2-bedroom DVC units are very, very hard to find - and are generally gone quickly.

most DVC are studios and 1-bedroom. if this work for you - definitely go for that size. if you only can take a 2-bedroom then Marriott might be better.

disney vacation club - on site at WDW and you get all the WDW stuff including DME and EMH.
BCV - beach club villa
DBW - broadwalk villa
DVO - old key west
DSS - saratoga springs
DWL - villa of wilderness lodge

marriott
MHZ - horizon
MCP - cypress harbour
MGV - grande villa
MGR - grande villa
MIP - Imperial palms
MRP = royal palms
MSP - sabal palms

not sure about the friday night - I think you have 24 hours to say 'NO' not sure so check their policy

also if you are going for Thanksgiving week - go with a Marriott. DVC generally does not exchange holiday weeks - they do occasionally - but not sure if waiting for a maybe is a good ideal.

chessie
02-21-2008, 12:50 PM
I just called and the guy on the phone said if you want to put a request in for a specific date you really need to do it over the phone to be sure. I put in for 3 of the Disney DVC's. He said I could call back and add or subtract them at any time. I thought I'd wait till July and add my favorite Marriotts. My absolut favorite is Cypress Harbour.

We are actually looking at the first week in November.

spiceycat
02-21-2008, 12:56 PM
if you want a DVC put all them in - OKW and SSR come up the most and are your best chances.

your problem might be new jersey week - there are a bunch of people from new jersey at WDW for that week.

chessie
02-22-2008, 06:16 PM
I put in for VWL, SSR and BWV. I'm really not getting my hopes up to high but while I have the time I may as well shoot for the stars. You all have been very helpful Thanks