PDA

View Full Version : Question For Robo!

Wendybird55
02-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Hi Robo,

First of all - "ears" off to you for being such an amazing wealth of Disney info and humorous to boot! I loved your replies to the Wonders of Life thread. I thought my 20 times to DW and being a Disney collector and nut was pretty good, but many of you on these boards put me to shame!

I just have a couple of quick questions...How many times have you been to DW (or have you lost count)?
Do you have a favorite ride/attraction?
Are you a DVC member? - I'm going this year using points from a friend who is a DVC member. I've always debated about buying into DVC or not. Some of the posts on the DVC boards scare me in all the restrictions and such. Plus from reading them I realize there's alot of things the salepeople don't tell you or elaborate on. Anyway, I was wondering if you had any thoughts or opinions on DVC.
(It's 2:23pm EST - clock is counting to how fast you relply!)
Thanks!
Wendy

Robo
02-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Hi Robo,

1) First of all - "ears" off to you for being such an amazing wealth of Disney info and humorous to boot! I loved your replies to the Wonders of Life thread. I thought my 20 times to DW and being a Disney collector and nut was pretty good, but many of you on these boards put me to shame!

I just have a couple of quick questions...

2) How many times have you been to DW (or have you lost count)?
3) Do you have a favorite ride/attraction?
4) Are you a DVC member? - I'm going this year using points from a friend who is a DVC member. I've always debated about buying into DVC or not. Some of the posts on the DVC boards scare me in all the restrictions and such. Plus from reading them I realize there's alot of things the salepeople don't tell you or elaborate on. Anyway, I was wondering if you had any thoughts or opinions on DVC.
5) (It's 2:23pm EST - clock is counting to how fast you relply!)
Thanks!
Wendy

Maybe this should be a PM, or over on the Theme Parks Community Boards (but I never go there, so OK...)

1) Thanks! Many of us here.
2) Lost count but ahve been going since it opened (and was a DL frequent visitor before that.
3) Splash, ToT, EE, BTM, HM and more, too many GOOD ones!
4) Nope. We stay at All Stars, and make more trips for less $$$.
5) I thought to "post with the first answer" then edit the rest on.

;)

minmate
02-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Robo, I have a ? for you too. Totally OT - but is it Robo as in Robo-sapien or Rob - o as in Christopher "Rob" in --[i.e., Rawb -O]
No, I don't really need to know but just curious...

Robo
02-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Robo, I have a ? for you too. Totally OT - but is it Robo as in Robo-sapien or Rob - o as in Christopher "Rob" in --[i.e., Rawb -O]
No, I don't really need to know but just curious...

I'm a Rob (Robert) so I say,

"Rawb-O."

I have a friend named Roberta and we call here ROW-bow.
But we spell it the same (you just have to KNOW ;) )

She sometimes spells MY name (in eMails) as "Robbo" with IS a lot more clear and precise.

But after 16k + posts here I think I'll keep the spelling, even with the confusion.

(And thanks for your interest in lil' ol' me!)

:flower3:

Stacy's a freak
02-20-2008, 03:05 PM
I thought Robo was a cop or something...

Robo
02-20-2008, 03:09 PM
I thought Robo was a cop or something...

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/RoboWDW/Silly%20Stuff/robocop.jpg

.........Looking for me?
Serve the public trust, protect the innocent, uphold the law.

DISNEY FIX
02-20-2008, 04:01 PM
:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc I do believe the Robo fan club has just been officially born.:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

minmate
02-20-2008, 05:08 PM

.........Looking for me?

How about Robo-Rob!!!;)

Robo
02-20-2008, 05:40 PM
:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc I do believe the Robo fan club has just been officially born.:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

I just love FAN MAIL.

:cloud9:

Snowy-girls
02-20-2008, 05:40 PM

Sign me up for the fan-club!!!. You have me in stitches with some of your answers+your wealth of info is great!! Keep up the good work!!!.x.

Robo
02-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Sign me up for the fan-club!!!. You have me in stitches with some of your answers+your wealth of info is great!! Keep up the good work!!!.x.

I'm gettin' all goose-bumpy...

Thanks for being so kind!!

Robo
02-20-2008, 05:42 PM
How about Robo-Rob!!!;)

I'm working on the copyright application even as we speak.

;)

DISNEY FIX
02-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Knox is going to get jealous.;) :rotfl2:

Snowy-girls
02-20-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm gettin' all goose-bumpy...

Thanks for being so kind!!

Ahhh you're not going all shy&soppy on us now are you?? .x.

DISNEY FIX
02-20-2008, 05:44 PM
That makes 4!
Please keep a running count.:rotfl2:

LilGMom
02-20-2008, 05:46 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee73/LilGMom/robo2.jpg

Snowy-girls
02-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Ha Ha thats good.x.

praline3001
Oh good grief there won't be any living with him on this board now
:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

KIDDING... serious Robo, love your post...you crack me up most days:rolleyes:

Robo

NOW, we're getting somewhere!!

:rotfl2:

praline3001
02-20-2008, 05:48 PM

And its Robo's new avatar:cool1:

Robo
02-20-2008, 05:49 PM
That makes 4!
Please keep a running count.:rotfl2:

Well, DUH!

:lmao:

Shir Kahn
02-20-2008, 05:57 PM
*Signing up for the Robo Fan Club! :cheer2:

LilGMom
02-20-2008, 05:57 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee73/LilGMom/robo3.jpg

Had to add a crown.

Robo
02-20-2008, 06:00 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee73/LilGMom/robo3.jpg

Had to add a crown.

SIR Robo-Rob, thank you very much!

:laughing:

praline3001
02-20-2008, 06:13 PM
SIR Robo-Rob, thank you very much!

:laughing:

Now look what you have gone an done?!?!

His head is going to be so big he won't be able to fit his Mickey ears on it:lmao:

Snowy-girls
02-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Now look what you have gone an done?!?!

His head is going to be so big he won't be able to fit his Mickey ears on it:lmao:

I bet he is LOVING all of this-i can picture him now sitting in front of the pc with a big grin all over his face.x.

DISNEY FIX
02-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Yes Robo your fans want to know how you handle the fame?

Disneenut
02-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Hey DIS Moderators, keeping up with the theme of sub forums i think its time for Robo to have his own!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hats off to you Robo, you have quite the fan club now. :thumbsup2

:smooth:

praline3001
02-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Hey DIS Moderators, keeping up with the theme of sub forums i think its time for Robo to have his own!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hats off to you Robo, you have quite the fan club now. :thumbsup2

:smooth:

Robo .... with POWER?!?!!?

popcorn:: popcorn::
this is going to get good :scared:

LilGMom
02-20-2008, 07:00 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee73/LilGMom/robo4.jpg

He needed a sceptre. :rolleyes1

Disneenut
02-20-2008, 07:15 PM

HA HA!!! my screen almost got a month full of Pepsi on it! :rotfl:

this is going to get good
popcorn::

praline3001
02-20-2008, 07:16 PM

add the tinkerbell tutu and move the wand so you can see his name and I would say
PERFECTION

ProudMommyof2
02-20-2008, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=LilGMom;23332252]http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee73/LilGMom/robo4.jpg

LONG LIVE ROBO!!!!!

Stacy's a freak
02-20-2008, 09:11 PM

.........Looking for me?

LOL! Robo is sexy ... in a tinman sorta way.

cabanafrau
02-20-2008, 09:27 PM
I guess this is what happens when some posters recommend to other posters with questions that they just stand on the corner & shout, Robo!!! Not that I would know, I've only read. :rolleyes1

(If DH or the girls check in, nobody tell. They think I'm a WDW genius! :rolleyes: )

DizneeMommy
02-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Add me to the fan club! :worship:

(Although you can't get too sappy on us, Robo--I need that sarcasm!!)

Macca1111
02-21-2008, 03:02 AM
I love how creative you people get with the photoshop. Makes me :rotfl:

DISNEY FIX
02-21-2008, 05:13 AM
Good lord I go to bed and come back to Robo wearing a tiara, fairy wand and talk of a skirt. Robo say it aint so...................:sad1:

Robo
02-21-2008, 06:41 AM
Good lord I go to bed and come back to Robo wearing a tiara, fairy wand and talk of a skirt. Robo say it aint so...................:sad1:

Its just a fitting for my MNSSHP outfit.

I'm thinking I might want to lose the wand and crown right after the parade, however.

cabanafrau
02-21-2008, 07:12 AM

I'm thinking I might want to lose the wand and crown right after the parade, however.

Sorry, I'm not falling for that. What would Robo's costume be? Why, Pal Mickey, of course. :goodvibes

Robo
02-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Maybe this should be a PM, or over on the Theme Parks Community Boards (but I never go there, so OK...)

-That was from my first reply on this thread.

And HERE we are!

The colors are so bright.
People come and go so quickly here!

Auntie Em!!
Auntie Em!!

DISNEY FIX
02-21-2008, 07:53 AM

Nobody goes in drag. Do they????????????

disgram
02-21-2008, 08:30 AM
You can add me to the fan club! I have long thought that Robo was a Disney Guru!:worship: I have "quoted" you many times! I look forward to seeing your name in the threads because I know what you are saying is the "real deal". You have answered alot of questions that I have had and not had time to ask!!!!

Love ya, Robo!!!

Barbara

Stacy's a freak
02-21-2008, 08:50 AM
You can add me to the fan club! I have long thought that Robo was a Disney Guru!:worship: I have "quoted" you many times! I look forward to seeing your name in the threads because I know what you are saying is the "real deal". You have answered alot of questions that I have had and not had time to ask!!!!

Love ya, Robo!!!

Barbara

ELMIRA?! I live in Odessa! Wow, and I thought seeing people on here from Syracuse was cool - haha. Enjoy the sun today ... while it lasts. :)

labdogs42
02-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Add me to the club, but I'm still pronouncing it Robo (like Robocop) in my head, somehow Rahb-O, just isn't clicking for me yet. I will try to start pronouncing it right when I see your name! I wouldn't want you to be offended by my virtual mispronunciation of your name!! :rotfl2:

BTW, love the scepter, it is the perfect touch!

Robo
02-21-2008, 10:52 AM

Love ya, Robo!!!

Barbara

Very cool!

I'm changing my business card to include the line, "Often-quoted"

Justin M
02-21-2008, 12:08 PM
If you're still accepting applications I want to join the club!

Long live Robo!

BigDis
02-21-2008, 12:20 PM
I hope I get a fan club after I have posted over 16k times too!

Taylor'sMom
02-21-2008, 12:31 PM
count me in!
Robo- you answreed my 1st ever post and probablly 90% of the rest of them! Thanks SO much, we're all grateful you're here!

Its so funny to see a new thread and upon reading it know that you'll be responding with something I can quote verbatim by now! (like wether EMH are worth it or not... and you can tell your wife the secret is still safe on that one!)

Robo
02-21-2008, 01:25 PM
count me in!
Robo- you answreed my 1st ever post and probablly 90% of the rest of them! Thanks SO much, we're all grateful you're here!

Its so funny to see a new thread and upon reading it know that you'll be responding with something I can quote verbatim by now! (like wether EMH are worth it or not... and you can tell your wife the secret is still safe on that one!)

Well, you DO know my responses! ;)

My wife was quite amused when I told her about this thread. :goodvibes

praline3001
02-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Well, you DO know my responses! ;)

My wife was quite amused when I told her about this thread. :goodvibes

poor woman! I cant imagine if my DH was getting all this :love:
there would be NOOOOO living with him :lmao:

Tell her my thoughts and prayers go out to her :rotfl:

minmate
02-22-2008, 02:33 AM
:rotfl: Maybe they can sell Robo-Robs as a buddy to Pal Mickey to supply park goers with all the timely info that only Robo-Rob can... now the royalties from a doll like that should supplement all your future WDW trips! See what a little question can lead to?:cool1:

Robo
02-22-2008, 08:25 AM
:rotfl: Maybe they can sell Robo-Robs as a buddy to Pal Mickey to supply park goers with all the timely info that only Robo-Rob can... now the royalties from a doll like that should supplement all your future WDW trips! See what a little question can lead to?:cool1:

Wait a minute, I'm writing this down...

DisGal520
02-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Robo - one of the funniest comments you made was in reply to someone writing something like Robo thinks he knows everything, but he has only been to the parks once, and that was in 1971.

Your reply, which was priceless and hilarious, was "yes - but I stayed all day!" :rotfl:

DisGal
:cool2:

praline3001
02-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Robo - one of the funniest comments you made was in reply to someone writing something like Robo thinks he knows everything, but he has only been to the parks once, and that was in 1971.

Your reply, which was priceless and hilarious, was "yes - but I stayed all day!" :rotfl:

DisGal

Yuppers... that one made me laugh for a good 5 minutes!!!:lmao:
It still makes me giggle for some reason

themilesfamily
02-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Yep, add me to the fan club! Robo is one of about three DISboarders whose posts I always go looking for. I know he'll have good info and always provides a laugh.

Snowy-girls
02-22-2008, 05:47 PM

DisGal
Amongst others this is a classic Robo answer for me too-i still laugh at it now.x.
Robo should be knighted :worship:

Disneenut
02-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Sooo, Robo what are you going to do with all your new found fame?

disgram
02-22-2008, 07:41 PM
ELMIRA?! I live in Odessa! Wow, and I thought seeing people on here from Syracuse was cool - haha. Enjoy the sun today ... while it lasts. :)

Hey neighbor!!! We will have to get together!!!

BTW. that sun wasn't here too long!!! Hope the ice today didn't cause you any problems.

See, Robo, you even bring neighbors together!!!! That's why we love ya!!!

Barbara

mbcary
02-23-2008, 11:15 AM
This thread is hilarious!! Count me in as a Robo fan too! A wealth of Disney knowledge with sarcasm...gotta love it!

Snowy-girls
02-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Sooo, Robo what are you going to do with all your new found fame?

I think Robo has gone all shy on us,and overwhelmed by all this free cyber love we are all giving him.x.

Evad
02-23-2008, 02:28 PM
A Robo fan club, why didn't someone call me?? I would like to join. Hey Robo do you allow Canadians in your fan club?? :thumbsup2

Also when will the new Robo doll be available??

praline3001
02-23-2008, 02:33 PM
If I remember right he posted that this should be in the community board but he doesn't read the community board...well a mod moved this to the community board soooo if he didn't subscribe he might not know about this thread still going:rotfl:

LilGMom
02-23-2008, 04:22 PM
If I remember right he posted that this should be in the community board but he doesn't read the community board...well a mod moved this to the community board soooo if he didn't subscribe he might not know about this thread still going:rotfl:

He either didn't subscribe and since he doesn't check the community board doesn't see that this is still going on or.... he is now seeking restraining orders and scared of his new found famewhich I think is more than likely the case.