PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Landscape View?

jakeybake
02-19-2008, 09:54 AM
Hi,

I was checking the WDW site for my reservation info and it had me down for a "Landscape View". I know there are garden and lagoon view rooms but I have never heard of a "Landscape View".

I am assuming it's the same thing as a Garden View room but was wondering if anyone knew for sure.

Thanks!
Jay

allisonswonderland
02-19-2008, 10:05 AM
That is a good question...I would also like to know the answer to that, as we have booked a garden view as well and I have never heard that term either.

typhoonlagooner
02-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Did you book with a special rate/company? We booked through Disney Conferences and sure enough our reservation says "landscaped" view; yet theres no such thing via disneyworld.com :ssst:

We're guessing it's a garden view but maybe it's a way to sneak in a few lagoon view rooms. When we booked through Disney, we were only given two room categories with the conference rate: landscaped view and a 1-bedroom suite. This is a pretty big conference and I can't imagine that, when mixed with guests who've already booked the GF for family travel, that they would have enough Garden view rooms for everyone... but maybe!

jakeybake
02-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi,

I did book through a conference. I am going down for a healthcare conference the first week of March and had to book it through their special conference reservation number.

Sounds like we are both in the same boat. I would love to be bumped up to a lagoon view room or better. That's one of the reasons why I didn't request a king bed room, so not to limit the potential of being upgraded by my request.

Jay

whogirl'smom
02-19-2008, 12:36 PM
We booked through Disney for our GF stay in Dec. and our reservation also says "landscape view" on the website, so, who knows? I thought it was just another word for garden, maybe. Not going to a conference, though!

klofan
02-19-2008, 01:01 PM
My reservation says the same thing. I believe its a garden view. But if they want to make it a lagoon view, then thats ok with me! haha

jakeybake
02-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Since I will be attending the conference alone I requested a King Bed room on an upper level floor.

What is interesting is that for the first time ever I was asked what my first priority would be for my requests should they be unable to honor both. Told them the upper level floor since it makes for a better view regardless of where they put you.

Jay