PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Wilderness or Value hotel.

luke6417
02-19-2008, 09:33 AM
We are planning a trip for the beginning of Thanksgiving week. Right now I have reservations for a campsite, but we are considering a hotel mainly because of fuel prices. The additional fuel needed for our trip makes up for the savings we would have at the campground. Basically, the price is the same. We are only staying for four nights. Would it be worth just to stay in the hotel?

mpbs
02-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Yes!!!:cheer2: You do not have to make beds and clean bathrooms. Enjoy your vacation and not worry about the day to day stuff. You should be pampered too:grouphug:

cheerforchelsea
02-19-2008, 01:43 PM
I would recommend a value resort especially for just 4 days - gas is way too expensive these days!!

Beavertails Queen
02-19-2008, 02:22 PM
This may be a different opinion then most but I LOVE FORT WILDERNESS! It is great to rent, or bring bikes and you can bike on the trails all the way over to the Wilderness Lodge and can often spot deer on the trails. You can walk down to the beach at night and see the fireworks. I love the general store there. The buses take you close to camp site stops. People who are there with trailers and motor homes tend to decorate. I love the hoop-dee-doo revue. And they have Chip and Dale movie campfires. I have stayed at Fort Wilderness multiple times (including in the pouring rain) and still love it. Plus the bathrooms are near by and are nice.

HappyDznyCamper
02-19-2008, 02:59 PM
I guess it really depends on what type of camping you are doing. My family would much rather be in our TT than in any hotel room. We each have our own beds(that we don't make) and our own TVs(kids TV and grownups TV). The comfort stations are great because we can all get our showers at the same time, or DD15 can spend "all morning" in the shower and not bother the rest of us. Being able to have "all the comforts of home" and knowing that I won't leave anything behind in a hotel when we leave makes hauling the TT a better choice for us in stead of a value resort.

loudube
02-19-2008, 03:27 PM
if it's a toss up, i say go for the value hotel. i've never been to fw when it's raining, but that would be the first reason. also, i hate the fact that if you want to use bus system, you have to use the internal bus at fw before actually catching a bus to your final destination. maybe i was doing something wrong.