PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Lodge room for 5?

choirfarm
02-19-2008, 09:25 AM
I thought AKL was a possiblity for a family of 5, but the online won't let me do it. If the value rack rates are 225 and I could get 40 percent off, then that would be 185...still seems rather expensive. Is a room there so much better than POR? What would be the best choice atmosphere wise/ poolwise for kids that are 13, 11 and 6....and why won't the online Disney place let me choose that one?
Christine

AJKMOM
02-19-2008, 09:38 AM
I think that not all rooms at AKL can fit 5, there is a certain category for 5. I think that is more money, and a better view.

magicaldisney
02-19-2008, 09:43 AM
I believe the rooms at AKL are available for a party of 4, but the AKVs will take 5 people.

BuzzLiteyear
02-19-2008, 10:18 AM
We had the same problem. The AKL, 5 person rooms, have been converted to DVC. They do have some of them available to the public. You can book connecting rooms and they are guaranteed for families larger than 4. I just book 2 connecting rooms.

mpbs
02-19-2008, 01:29 PM
When we stayed there The rooms were barely large enough for 2 adults and 2 teenage boys. I loved the hotel and the views just not the room size if you have teeenagers the size of adults!

pilferk
02-19-2008, 02:44 PM
I thought AKL was a possiblity for a family of 5, but the online won't let me do it. If the value rack rates are 225 and I could get 40 percent off, then that would be 185...still seems rather expensive. Is a room there so much better than POR? What would be the best choice atmosphere wise/ poolwise for kids that are 13, 11 and 6....and why won't the online Disney place let me choose that one?
Christine

AKL USED to have a category of room, the deluxe room (on the 5th floor), that would fit 5.

Those rooms were all converted over to DVC villas...a conversion that was completed about a month ago. So, no more family of 5 at AKL, unless you're renting a suite, or a DVC 1BR (or larger) villa through CRO or a DVC owner.

The nice thing about a deluxe room is that you typically get more sq footage. Especially when loading up the room to max capacity (5), that extra sq footage seems to be very nice. For us, the mods with 5 would just be TOO small. Even the deluxes with 5 are pushing it for us....which is one of the reasons we bought into DVC.

The other option you could explore is a Family Suite at the AS Music. They're a bit roomier and relatively inexpensive, though I'm not sure you can get discounts on them, or that codes apply. Others might know better.