PDA

View Full Version : Which All-Star: Movies or Sports?

MrsJackSparrow
02-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Well, we have not stayed at Movies and had the opportunity to book for bounceback, so I took it. However, we did stay in an updated room at Sports - was it fantastic! It was like a brand new room. Everything fresh.

So which would you pick, Movies or Sports?

TIA!

ajleone
02-18-2008, 06:22 PM
I like the theming at ASMovies better. I think its much more Disney than AS Sports.

TheDisneyGirl02
02-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I personally like ASMovies better because I also enjoy the theming more. It is also the newest of the All Star Resorts. :)

DSTPDISNEY
02-18-2008, 08:46 PM
for those of you who have been at ASMo tell me what is the best room location. I am not to worried about the walking, perfer a quiet section if possible and don't want to face the parking lot and would like to be on the top floor which is what 3? is herbie or mighty ducks better? never been there have stayed at pop wanted to try something different hope that I have made a good choice.

Amy&Dan
02-18-2008, 10:20 PM
I prefer the theming of Movies. However, it has not been rehabbed yet, so that nice new room you had at Sports might have spoiled you! Music's rehab it done and Sport's will be pretty soon I think. The Movies rooms still have the older style furniture etc. That said for my one night at a value in October, I picked Movies since I want to show my dad the fun theming. If it was for a longer stay, I would have picked Sports or Music. And another slight disadvantage to Movies is that when the All Star resorts share busses, it is the last to be picked up and dropped off. Although, they don't always share so that might very well not be much of an issue, just thought I would mention it.

As for section, they are all fun, and some of them, Mighty Ducks I belive is so close to the ASMU food court, you can go there just as easily.

MrsJackSparrow
02-19-2008, 11:38 AM
A&D, that's what I was thinking. We had a not so great experience at Music, but that was 10 years ago. When we stayed at Sports last September, the rooms were really delightful. It was so nice to walk into such a fresh atmosphere, so I'm concerned about the "tiredness" of the rooms at Movies. I know the resort theming is just fantastic, and we spent a considerable amount more time at Movies' food court than at Sports in September. The buses were not an issue, as we'd hop on whatever bus arrived at the park first. My main concern was on the condition of the rooms after the brand-spankin'-new stuff at Sports.

Thanks! :yay:

grinningghost
02-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Do you personally like movies or sports better? That would be my deciding factor. I like movies and am not a sports fan and I thought ASMo was awesome. The whole sports theme just isn't appealing to me - BUT from the Dalmations building where we stayed, we were VERY close to the ASsp Mighty Ducks pool - so we could enjoy the best of both.;)

That's just something to keep in mind.:)