PDA

View Full Version : Summertime Shoes for Disney

louey
02-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Just curious, I really don't want to just wear sneakers around the parks since it will be Summer. Does anyone have suggestions for a comfortable pair of flipflop type shoes?

lrab1126
02-18-2008, 05:26 PM
I wear my crocs, last trip i wore my mary jane style one's and loved them....no blisters and no sweating feet (it was aug and extreme heat) This trip i will do crocs again for sure.

daisyduck123
02-18-2008, 06:09 PM
My whole family wears Teva sandals.

karen l
02-18-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm with daisyduck123 - Tevas have been great for me.

Minnie M6
02-18-2008, 06:54 PM
I was looking at the Teva mush sandals that people mentioned/ recommended. Does all the walking not cause pain from the strap rubbing between the big toe and 2nd toe? Sandals that are made like that usually bother my toes. The Tevas I had years ago had straps that criss crossed and nothing between the toes. :confused3

louey
02-18-2008, 07:12 PM
I was looking at the Teva mush sandals that people mentioned/ recommended. Does all the walking not cause pain from the strap rubbing between the big toe and 2nd toe? Sandals that are made like that usually bother my toes. The Tevas I had years ago had straps that criss crossed and nothing between the toes. :confused3

I was wondering the same thing, after awhile do they hurt your toe? I don't own any crocs and would imagine that they would make your feet sweat bigtime especially in the Summer :confused3

Mike N Kathy
02-18-2008, 07:27 PM
For flip flops my favorites are reefs

lrab1126
02-18-2008, 07:54 PM
no sweating in crocs, the material they are made with resist sweat. I call them my miracle shoes...i no longer suffer from foot or leg pain and they are the only thing i can wear in the deep of august and not feel sweaty :)

daisyduck123
02-18-2008, 08:31 PM

None of our Tevas have straps between the toes.

PrincessFan0809
02-19-2008, 06:45 AM
Your feet do NOT sweat in Crocs. They are like miracle shoes. I walked around for 12 days with the Mary Jane style Crocs for our Disney trip in September. My feet did not hurt at all and they never sweat...which means that they don't stink. They are hideous...but they are the best shoes I have ever worn! Try them...you will absolutely not be disappointed.

JenSop
02-19-2008, 12:56 PM
I sprung for two pairs of walking sandals: a pair of Eccos and a pair of Soft Walks. Got them on zappos.com. I spent a bit, but to me being pain free is worth it. I've worked retail part time for years and my feet just can't take as much as they used to.

doodlesmommy
02-19-2008, 12:57 PM
J.Crew and Reefs are the most comfortable summer shoes I own. I wear them everyday, including inside the parks. I actually prefer them over my tennis shoes because my feet get so hot. The kids have the crocs but I can't seem to break away from the flip flops and buy a pair for myself. :goodvibes

ZoZo
02-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Nike makes great comfortable flips - they're about $20. The tops are made of neoprene (the same stuff scuba diving suits are made of) and are extremely comfortable (the piece between your toes is fabric, and doesn't rub like many others).

louey
02-19-2008, 06:07 PM
I definately am going to be googling (sp, is that a word?) some of these brands that everyone has suggested. I want a couple of nice pairs of flip flops, imagining how hot it will be in June. We have always gone in the Winter.

No flames please but I am not a huge croc fan, I know people swear by them but......

JenSop
02-19-2008, 09:00 PM
In addition to my Eccos and Soft Walks, I will be taking my Reef flip-flops. They are the best flip-flops ever!

momof3girls6712
02-20-2008, 05:09 AM
I always pack all of our everyday sandals/flipflops. Last trip I wore Target dollar spot sandals the whole week.

cwestbrook
02-20-2008, 09:21 PM
For flip flops my favorites are reefs

If you have a VF Outlet store close to you, they have Reef sandals. Everything in their outlets is half price. I thought the half price was still high for flip flops but maybe I'll go back and try them on!!:thumbsup2

louey
02-21-2008, 06:07 AM
If you have a VF Outlet store close to you, they have Reef sandals. Everything in their outlets is half price. I thought the half price was still high for flip flops but maybe I'll go back and try them on!!:thumbsup2

What is VF? outlet :confused3

Lucky'sMom
02-21-2008, 06:41 AM
What is VF? outlet :confused3

Vanity Fair...they are at many outlet malls.

crystaldawn
02-21-2008, 07:41 AM
I always wear my birks when it's too hot for tennis shoes, they are just perfect for me.

I must be a weirdo cause crocs DO make my feet sweat. I only wear them to work WITH socks cause otherwise they are all sweaty and gross (and this is the only shoe I have this issue with).

turtlegirl1
02-21-2008, 10:30 AM
I was thinking of trying Keen's for the whole family this year - has anyone tried them? Sneakers are too hot & with summer storms I don't want to be caught with wet shoes that take days to dry. Flip flops killed me last year and I won't be doing that again. Personally I don't love my Crocs but DH wore his & was comfy.

louey
02-22-2008, 08:24 PM
I was at the mall today and saw Clarks flip flops and really liked the way they looked. I was on my lunch hour so I have to go back and try them on, does anyone have these, if so are they comfortable? They also had another kind of flip flop that was cute but I can't find it on the website.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/louey/clarkflipflops.jpg

Kaler131
02-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Another vote for Crocs. I have 4 pair and LOVE them!:thumbsup2

ave&audsmom
02-24-2008, 05:55 AM
Two years ago, I was looking for the perfect sandal for our trip, and after weeks of looking, I found it....Merrell Via III.:cheer2: Yes, they are expensive (around $80), but I never even broke them in & they were great. They are lightweight and are very supportive. My feet never hurt. Plus, the two straps that go across the top are adjustable, so if your feet swell at the end of the day, you can loosen the straps.

I just ordered another pair for our upcoming May trip. By the way, after two years, my first pair are still holding up.:thumbsup2

Hensandchickens
02-24-2008, 08:52 AM
I love Teva Mush flip flops. The thing in between my toe doesn't rub at all. I asked my kids if they wanted to wear Croc's or Teva's to WDW and they both said Teva's. Croc's make my feet sweat. pirate:

ckrum
02-24-2008, 11:16 AM
I am hooked on Merrel sandals. I now own many pairs of the Merrell Palmettos (an athletic looking slide) and the Merrell Gardena Thong (an athletic looking flip flop). The thing I love about these, is that I don't have any "break" in time, they are perfect from day 1. Also, they have a wonderful support in the footbed. They also have a variety of colors and don't make me feel like I'm wearing and "old lady" comfort shoe. They are usually $60 - $70 dollars, but completely worth it. I was having a lot of hip pain & it disappeared once I bought Merrells.
DH loves his Keen open-toe sandals and DD7 loves her Keen sandals.
Good luck & I hope you find something that works for you.

baloo's girl
02-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Another Merrell fan here! :wave2: I found a pair of the Frond sandals at Marshalls last year for $15.00 Biggest score of the year!! They are so comfortable.

MEG&MINNIE
02-24-2008, 08:01 PM
:thumbsup2 Another vote for... Reef Flip Flops !:thumbsup2
My crocs gave me a blister last summer while in Epcot and made my feet sweat, too!:sad1:

mello
02-25-2008, 02:04 AM
Somebody here awhile back suggested Montrail molokinis (I think that's the name!) as the most comfy flip flop she'd ever worn. So I surfed over to zappos and read all the reviews, and it seems pretty unanimous. I just ordered a pair to try, hopefully they'll be here in the next few days and I can report on them.

louey
02-25-2008, 06:00 AM
Somebody here awhile back suggested Montrail molokinis (I think that's the name!) as the most comfy flip flop she'd ever worn. So I surfed over to zappos and read all the reviews, and it seems pretty unanimous. I just ordered a pair to try, hopefully they'll be here in the next few days and I can report on them.

Definately let us know what you think of them. I love flip flops but sometimes they just kill my feet.

Disney Crazy Debbie
02-25-2008, 06:15 AM
I used Crocs for the first time on our 2004 trip and I did get a blister but it was from the heel strap rubbing up and down so I switched to my Teva Dozers, which look like tennis shoes but have cut aways like sandals. They were very comfortable and light weight. I did wear my Croc Athens, which are like flip flops and I do love them. If you want something breezy check out crocs.com web-site to view all of their styles.

Jakesmom504
02-25-2008, 09:22 AM
I work in a nursing home and wear Crocs to work and YES...they are soooo comfortable! I hated them for years and finally just broke down and got a pair, I wish I'd gotten them sooner. I would wear them to Disney definitely but I just saw these new Teva flip flops that are out this year. They have a little bit of a wedge heel and I'm only 5' so I like a little bit of height. Since I live in my Teva Mush flip flops in the summer, I think I may go get the new Teva's and take them to Disney! :thumbsup2

2tinkerbells
02-25-2008, 02:09 PM
I wore the croc flip flops (can't remember exact type, I think athens) and they were great. My feet did not slip. I did wear tennis shoes some but my feet got hot.

mello
02-27-2008, 01:48 AM
Definately let us know what you think of them. I love flip flops but sometimes they just kill my feet.

I can definitely see why people say they're super comfy! The footbeds are great - nice arches, a great combo of support and softness - you can even bake them in the oven to conform more to your feet. The between the toe thingy is not the least bit bothersome. If you have normal size feet they'd be phenomenal. The trouble I'm having is that I wear a 7.5 wide and they don't do half sizes. So I ordered a 7 and an 8 to try. The 7's are great everywhere except the top - they cut across just a slight bit too tight for me. The 8 feels super comfy everywhere - love them, they're just too long in the toe and I'd probably trip lol. So I'd say if you wear a full size they'd work great, and if you don't have a wide foot you could probably size down. Definitely worth a try!

stellablue3
02-28-2008, 08:37 AM
I read many reviews on the Keen sandals, and finally ordered pairs for myself DH, DD 6, DD 8. Zappos is a little more expensive, but I ordered on a Monday night, and they arrived Tuesday. It's cold where I live, but I have been wearing around the house, and I really like them. The rest of my family does too. I got the Venice H2. They run small. I usually wear an 8, and fit comfortably in a 9. My DH took a half size up. The good thing with Zappos is that they have "free" shipping both ways.

bopper
02-28-2008, 10:22 AM

I don't know about walking around Disney in them (as I usually like more support), but when i was looking for flipflops for the summer I generally had the same issue as you...don't like the thing between my toes. I tried on various croc flip flops, Reefs, and almost every other kind that were in local stores...but the Teva Mush does not bother my toes!