PDA

View Full Version : Where should we stay?

obnurse
02-18-2008, 03:54 PM
I am going to be 'stopping in' (LOL) this April. We will be visiting family, but we are going to surprise my daughter and drive up to Disney for 1 night. She is only 4, and I can't decide where to stay. We are going to only do MK the first day, and then AK the second.

I was leaning towards either AKL, WL or BC. There will be 3 adults and my 4 year old. What should we do? We will be taking a stroller to the parks if that makes a difference.

Native NYer
02-18-2008, 07:37 PM
I would go with a MK resort. Have you considered one of the monorail resorts?

Alicnwondrln
02-18-2008, 08:03 PM
I would pick a monorial resort as well if you are concerned about the price the WL is also a good option.

Good Luck

dishm12/08
02-18-2008, 08:39 PM
I would say AKL with a savanna view if it's in the budget

cheerforchelsea
02-18-2008, 08:57 PM
We recently stayed for the first time at the AKL lodge with a savannah view - it was wonderful - I only regret that my 7 year old granddaughter was not with me on this trip.......she would have LOVED it!!

obnurse
02-19-2008, 06:40 AM
Dumb question, but what is the transportation from the AKL to AK? Is it close?

If I do WL, I could do the boar ride to the MK right? Is it much slower or worse than using the monorail (and staying at a monorail resort?)

Thanks for all your help!

npmommie
02-19-2008, 06:45 AM
I also vote for a monorail resort, for one night why not splurge? Polynesian is my vote. :)

MisunderstoodLilo
02-19-2008, 07:02 AM
AKL or WL.

Either way, you're visiting the two parks that are the most farthest out. If you pick a resort near one, you still need to allow travel time to the other.

I would skip the BC/YC until you have a trip that includes Epcot. While they are goregous resorts, they are pricey if you don't plan on using their proximity to walk to Epcot or DHS.

Have a nice time w/ your daughter!

Gabrielsbigtrip
02-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Dumb question, but what is the transportation from the AKL to AK? Is it close?

If I do WL, I could do the boar ride to the MK right? Is it much slower or worse than using the monorail (and staying at a monorail resort?)

Thanks for all your help!

It's a bus for AKL to AK. It's a quick trip.

We stayed at WL last May and fell in love with it. It was very nice taking the "boar" ride:rotfl: sorry - I couldn't help myself.....that would be one exciting ride!

Anyway I would pick the WL!!

Have fun!

obnurse
02-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Laughing at MYSELF on the 'boar' ride LOL! I didn't even see that!

PolynesianPixie
02-19-2008, 09:57 AM
The WL & AKL are two goreous resorts!!!! You will love either! The proximity and excitement of the boat ride (notice I didn't say boar ;) ) of WL to MK kind of puts that one above AKL, to me.