PDA

View Full Version : Do I really need preferred?

tipsytrtle
02-18-2008, 11:56 AM
We are staying at POP oct 19-nov 2nd
right now i ahve a preffered room request in the 60's building

can i get a non preferred room at the 60's building and save myself the $$$
i want to be near the pool and the petals bar and as short as a walk to the main building as possible

if anyone has room numbers i should request and pictures i would be so thankful

TIA

:hippie:

episode
02-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Two factors:

How important is it to you to be close? If it is very important than why take a chance?

Second thing: When are you checking in? If you are checking in early, you have a better chance of getting a closer room.

BeckWhy
02-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Hypothetically you cannot get a room in 60's without paying preferred. There is a chance you could get upgraded to a 60's room, but upgrades happen like once in a billion years (I think your chances of getting upgraded in AKL or WL or BC or a deluxe resort are far more likely).

Just because you are in the 60's doesn't mean you will be next to the pool. You could be on the backside of the building and you won't be next to the pool.

If you want to be near a pool and want to save the money, ask for a room in the 80's or 90's and request poolside. But you won't be close to the bar.

Personally, though, I would just pay standard and ask for 50's or 70's and walk my butt to the pool or bar. It's takes a whole minute and a half.

ave&audsmom
02-18-2008, 01:41 PM
According to the map, some of the 60's section is standard (lakeside). The 50's & 70's sections are closer than they look.

Mares75
02-18-2008, 02:25 PM
When I made our reservations at POP the CM told me all of the 60's rooms were preferred, also some of the 70's and 50's. We skipped the preffered this time and requested a 50's building - not all of it is preferred. Some resorts like CBR I think preferred is definitely the way to go. The values really aren't all that spread out in the first place.

typhoonlagooner
02-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Hypothetically you cannot get a room in 60's without paying preferred. There is a chance you could get upgraded to a 60's room, but upgrades happen like once in a billion years

Just to confirm...

There are preferred rooms in the 50s, 60s, and 70s section of the resort. There are in fact non-preferred rooms in the 60s section of the resort that, as another poster said, these rooms face the lake/back side of the building.

Please keep in mind that a request is just a request and that even though your booked preferred and requested 60s, you could be placed in a preferred section of the 50s or 70s section.

Yes, it aggrivates me to know that I paid $10 extra a night for a room in which my neighbor literally 4 doors down did not pay, but there are some pretty far out (no pun intended) buildings with Pop Century's layout that you risk with standard.

Yes, you can get a standard room in the 60s section, but your chances of recieving a standard room in building 2, 7, 8, and 9 are much higher. It's all going to come down to availability and occupency; and whether you want to risk it!

If it was me, I'd stick with preferred. We were placed in building 2 and it was such a disapointment for us!

tipsytrtle
02-18-2008, 06:27 PM
hmm good advise all thanks a bunch

any money saved on the room is money i can spend in the parks

does anyone have room pictures and/or numbers of what may be a good room??

:hippie: