PDA

View Full Version : one way car rental tip

fernifamily
02-18-2008, 08:45 AM
I don't know if this has been shared yet, but it is some very useful advice.

We are going to WDW in April, the week of our spring break here in NY. We are leaving the Wednesday before on April 16 and staying with the MIL for a few days first. We didn't want to drive because with 3 kids, 2 of them tweens, the drive could be a nightmare, with one or more of them being left on the side of the road(ha ha hah!!:rotfl2: ). So our plan was to fly. I checked airfare and on the way down we could get arifare from Southwest for $81!!! However, on the way back the cheapest I could find was about $200 per person!!!! NO WAY!! That would cost me almost more than disney!! So then the plan was to drive, UGH!!! Then my dear old dad mentioned to me something called one way car rental. I had never heard of this so I googled it! It turns out that if you pick up a car in one state and drop it off in another state it is very cheap. I am able to rent a car at the Tampa airport and drive it for 12 days and return it here in NY for less than $300!!! So for any of you that are planning to drive and would like to maybe fly one way, google it. I hope this helps some of you out.

kaylajr
02-18-2008, 10:39 AM
this is a helpful tip
I will move it to the tips board

fernifamily
02-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Thanks! I'm still a newbie around here and sometimes have trouble navigating these boards. Who am I kidding, I ALWAYS have trouble navigating these boards!!:rotfl:

fernifamily
02-18-2008, 09:29 PM
this is a helpful tip
I will move it to the tips board

I was just searching for the tip board, I thought this was the tip board:confused3 . Where exactly would I find the tip board? Sorry if I seem a littl lost, it's because I am:rotfl2:

kaylajr
02-19-2008, 04:41 AM
Okay this post is now on the TIP board if you look to the top right above the usercp chat news community photo etc....

it will say the DIS Discussion forums> Disney TRip Planning> Disney world tips

just click on the tips part and you will be on that board

If you click ont the First part The DIS Discussion you will see a list of all the aboards here at the DIS

Good Luck
Have FUN:)