PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay and Chris PJ! WP/Italy Isola/AAR...Disneyland Paris Honeymoon added 7-19

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Lindsay22
02-18-2008, 08:38 AM
Hi Everyone!
Some of you may recognize me as Caryndisneydiva's sister/bridesmaid. (You may also remember me as "Tan Line Lindsay"--Just wait Caryn. Just wait)
I got engaged last night and Caryn immediately told me to start a PJ!:cool1:

About Me::bride: Lindsay I'm 25 (26 on Friday) and I've been a lurker on this board for the last two years. I've been a disney fanatic since birth! I did a college program in Fall of 2003 (MGM merchandise).

About DF: :earsboy: Chris. 26. Not such a disney fanatic. He hadn't been since he was 10 but then started going with me and loves it. He was shocked that it just isn't for kids.

How we met :love: . Well it wasn't quite love. We were both taking paralegal classes and we were in the same class. We never talked really, but I remember looking at him thinking "God, that kid is strange". He would stick his pen in his hat and wear regular socks with flip flops... :eek: Not okay. I actually thought he was some 17 year old punk... We ended up working on a project together when I found out he was actually my age. Shortly after that I ended a long relationship with my ex boyfriend. We started studying together and that was that.

Shortly after we started dating I decided it was time to move. I was tired of my hour and half each way commute into NYC everyday. I wanted to be closer to the mouse!! I was offered a job with my company in Tampa and I asked Chris to move with me. So we packed up the car with everything I owned (including the cat) and moved to Tampa. I was surprised really, here was this guy who I never even expected to like, willing to move halfway across the country where he didn't have a job. That was a really big step in our relationship (I guess it would be a big step for anyone...)

The proposal: LAST NIGHT :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: We were celebrating my birthday this weekend because next weekend is our anniversary. I decided we should go to Disney and go in all the shops. I didn't really care if we went on rides or anything, I just wanted to browse. We had some errands to run that morning and he said he was going to get us smoothies. He took a really long time! And I noticed that there was a bump in his shorts for his wallet, and a bump in the other pocket... hmmm.... I didn't think the ring was going to be ready this soon (I was with him when he picked it out, so I knew it was coming) We hopped in the car and drove to Disney and started out in the Magic Kingdom. We strolled thru all the shops and I pointed out the medium sized glass slipper that they use at CRT. I noticed that he kept sticking his hands in his pockets and figured that he definitely had the ring with him.
We went into the emporium and I turned around to ask him something and he wasn't there. I usually lose him in shops so I wasnt too concerned and kept shopping. Finally, I called him to find out where he was. He said he just stepped out to take my call... Little did I know that he was across the street buying the mini glass slipper!! (He told me later that he "practiced" losing me in the shops to make sure he could get away)
We went over to the wedding pavilion to peek, there were two rehersals yesterday so we didn't peek around too much, just a little!! He said that he thought about asking me there, but wanted to wait.
We went over to Epcot and had some Mexican and just strolled around. We continued around World Showcase and we got to France, our favorite country, and decided that we'd get some dessert and champagne and sit on the planter.
I got the champagne, he got the dessert and he got down and presented my beautiful sapphire ring in a glass slipper. He told me that he loved me very much and asked me to marry him.
I knew it was coming, and I had been nervous all day, but I was still surprised. I thought he was going to make me wait until fireworks!!

We started to call everyone. Neither of our Mother's picked up their phones... and we decided to head back to the Magic Kingdom. My dad called while we were on the monorail and of course I started exclaiming that we were engaged. Well the people on the monorail loved it!! They started to clap, it was really exciting. We went to guest relations where they made us "Just Engaged" buttons. We watched Wishes and went home. It was perfect.

Lindsay22
02-18-2008, 08:43 AM
So far we know that we want:
The wedding pavilion
Randy
Fireworks in France (we'd prefer upper)
We are thinking probably the last sunday in April 2009. We had been thinking about October, but that's hurricane season. We'd rather that we didn't have our fireworks cancelled due to a hurricane.
Colors: Black, Bright Pink, Ivory
Dress: I have my grandmother's wedding dress, I'm going to try and restyle it... we'll see on that.
Bridal Party:
Matron of Honor: Caryn (Caryndisneydiva)
Maid of Honor: Megan (Disneymeg)
Bridesmaids: Mary (my best friend) Claudia (Chris's sister)
Best Man: Dave (hopefully, we haven't asked him yet) Chris's uncle
Groomsmen: AJ (Chris's brother) Ryan( Chris's friend) and Doug (Chris's friend, I call him Sleepy Doug)

I am going to take pics of my ring and slipper today and post them!!! I'm sooooo excited

JaxTeach
02-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Congrulations Lindsay! What a lovely engagement story. :cloud9: I think I would have been checking my pockets all night as well if I had an engagement ring in there! :rotfl: I think it's hilarious that he had "practiced" losing you! But I guess it was worth it in the end! Yay-- another PJ and beautiful DFTW! :woohoo: I can't wait to see your ring-- I love sapphires!

disneymeg
02-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Congratultions Lindsay and Christoph (no folks thats not his name but thats what disney thinks it is!!!) Very exciting!

Starr W.
02-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Congrats Lindsay!

I can't imagine what you'll come up with to get "even" with Caryn. :rotfl2:

Your and Meg's comments on Caryn's PJ were the one reason I kept reading it.

Lizby
02-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Congratulations!!! What a sweet story! How exciting to be planning your own wedding after helping so much with Caryn's :dance3: I can't wait to hear more!!

caryndisneydiva
02-18-2008, 09:06 AM
ohhhhhhhh yayyy! congratulations lindsay and ray-bar (my name for "christopher" as our dear mother calls him)! yay yay yay! i'll make anything you want me too (for a nominal fee of course :lmao: )!!!! i have the pic of the ring you sent me yesterday if you want me to post it...

Chilly
02-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Congratulations! I think how you met and fell in love is just lovely.

FIREFLY01
02-18-2008, 09:29 AM
congrats congrats :woohoo:
i can't wait to see everything you do for your wedding! your engagement is so cute! how awesome to get married where you got engaged! :goodvibes
congrats and best wishes!!!!

lajones81
02-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Congratulations!! :)

Keira1387
02-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Yay Lindsay!! Awesome proposal story!!:cloud9:

MistressOfAllEvil
02-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Lindsay!!!

:cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2: Congratulations!!!:cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2:

I'm sooo sooo happy for you. I can't wait to see what you come up with and It's so exciting that you're also doing a Disney wedding. It's almost like Caryn's wedding (forgive more saying it Caryn) was your test run to see how it all plays out. And she broke a lot of people in as far as getting them to go and them knowing what to expect.

Can't wait to see the ring and read the PJ!! And see your unique twist on your very own Disney wedding!! Woohoo!

Lindsay22
02-18-2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks everyone for your congrats!! Caryn, yes, please post the picture of the ring.

caryndisneydiva
02-18-2008, 10:07 AM
the pic is super tiny because it was taken with a phone, i tried to make it bigger, but that wasn't effective...

(here are our fave 3 trying to make the pic bigger)

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/allthreegodmothers.gifhttp://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/2-3.jpg

Lindsay22
02-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Some more pics of the ring
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding003.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding002.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding001.jpg

FIREFLY01
02-18-2008, 10:26 AM
wow that ring is stunning!!! :thumbsup2 you have a great df!! love the glass slipper!!!

PrincessBride010103
02-18-2008, 10:33 AM
congrats lindsay!! :yay:
you must be so excited! Your ring is beautiful!

OceanGdss
02-18-2008, 10:35 AM
aww! congratulations!! :banana: :banana: You must have been nervous ALL day!! And him too!! LoL Such a sweet story.

Your wedding party layout is just like mine.. 1 Matron of Honor, 1 Maid of Honor, and 2 Bridesmaids :grouphug:

Lizby
02-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Wow, what a unique and gorgeous engagement ring!!!

Lindsay22
02-18-2008, 10:40 AM
wow that ring is stunning!!! you have a great df!! love the glass slipper!!!

Thanks!! I'm sooo excited!! I LOOOOOOVVVVEEEE my ring. (I put it on with my pajamas this morning to see if it matched.

congrats lindsay!!
you must be so excited! Your ring is beautiful!
Thanks Amanda! You must be so excited!! You're soooo close (my birthday is your wedding day!)

aww! congratulations!! You must have been nervous ALL day!! And him too!! LoL Such a sweet story.

Your wedding party layout is just like mine.. 1 Matron of Honor, 1 Maid of Honor, and 2 Bridesmaids

Thank you!! I was nervous all day. I didn't want him to know that I knew. Hopefully Caryn and Mark decide to wait a little while before they bring a little one or I'll be in the same boat as you! (But Caryn, that would be wonderful if you do bring a little one)

Lindsay22
02-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Congrats Lindsay!

I can't imagine what you'll come up with to get "even" with Caryn.

Your and Meg's comments on Caryn's PJ were the one reason I kept reading it

This cracks me up :rotfl2: Thank you so so much!!

BaBeeCee14
02-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Congratulations Lindsay!!! Your ring is beautiful!!!

hope1826
02-18-2008, 10:51 AM
CONGRATS!!!! How exciting! Two Disney weddings in the same family in two years!! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: I can't wait to read about all of your plans!

Pink/Black/ Ivory sounds great!

I have my fingers crossed that my cousin/BM will get proposed to and have a Disney wedding next year! So far she wants one, but I think after our May Disney wedding she won't have any choice but to have her own.

hope1826
02-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Congratultions Lindsay and Christoph (no folks thats not his name but thats what disney thinks it is!!!) Very exciting!

LOL... Disney refers to my DF (Christopher) as "Christophe" because that's what fits on his credit cards!

Lindsey your ring is GORGEOUS!! I love it.

MistressOfAllEvil
02-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Oh Lindsay... The ring is beautiful!!! Loooove it. Looove the story. Love that he had been practicing to lose you! :laughing:

Do you need to get the ring sized? It looks like it fits in the one picture...

keenercam
02-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Lindsay -- Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Oh, and don't talk to Caryn about a little one by then -- she is running a half marathon just 3 months before! :eek: Are you sure you don't want to plan your wedding for marathon weekend? :cool1:
I am so happy for you!

AuroraBorealis
02-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Congratulations! I liked following Caryn's PJ and I'm looking forward to yours! You must keep us updated on restyling your grandmother's gown-- that is a really neat idea!

Briarrose09
02-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Great Engagement Story... I can't wait to see your planning process...

Lisella
02-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Tan Line Lindsay's getting married!!! :lmao: I couldn't resist, sorry...

Congratulations!

What a sweet story you have. Your plans sound wonderful so far. Good luck & happy planning! Looking forward to following your journey.

Kristen14
02-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Congratulations Lindsay!!! :banana: I hope this fills Caryn's need to do wedding crafts ;)

PrincessBride010103
02-18-2008, 01:23 PM
HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY LINDSAY!
party: :jumping1: :bday:

BayouPrincess
02-18-2008, 01:50 PM
CONGRATULATIONS
LINDSAY
:dance3:

Your ring is gorgeous! What a wonderful family affair! I love your story so far! :surfweb:

mla1977
02-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Congratulations Lindsay and Chris! Now when will it be Megan's turn? (Sorry, I had to ask at the end of March I will be the oldest unmarried cousin in my family and the pressure has already begun). Have fun torturing Caryn!

GJLS10108
02-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Awwww Congratulations!!! Can't wait to start reading about your planning!

Lindsay22
02-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Oh Lindsay... The ring is beautiful!!! Loooove it. Looove the story. Love that he had been practicing to lose you! :laughing:

Do you need to get the ring sized? It looks like it fits in the one picture...

Thanks Wendy!! About the ring, no. I don't need to get it re-sized. The great thing about being a pushy almost-fiance is that when we went to the store to pick it out they sized my finger. So when they finally put a stone in there they sized it at the same time. Which rocks!

Lindsay -- Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Oh, and don't talk to Caryn about a little one by then -- she is running a half marathon just 3 months before! Are you sure you don't want to plan your wedding for marathon weekend?
I am so happy for you
CAM! I didn't even think of that when I posted!!! Whew! I don't think a wedding in Jan will happen, especially when I'm killing myself to get ready for the 1/2!! I am, however, thinking my planning session should happen that weekend. PS Cam, my shins hurt. Anything you can think of to prevent that?

Thank you GJLS10108, mla1977, BayouPrincess, Kristen14, Lisella, Briarrose09, AuroraBorealis, hope1826, BaBeeCee14 and anyone else I may have missed for all of your congrats and well wishes.

An update:
I still keep in close touch with my "Disney" roomates from college program. Disney roomate Katie had a baby (Luke) in September and we've asked Luke to be our "Flower Child" :hippie: and he said yes (thru Katie of course). We still need to ask Chris's godson and cousin if they'd like to be ring bearers.

I just got off the phone with DFTW. They asked a lot of questions and told me that someone would call within 3 days. I hope they call soon. I have A LOT of questions.

Now, a question for either central jersey area brides or Tampa area brides: As you know, I have my grandmother's dress which we are going to redo. Do you know of any dry cleaners that can clean and/or alter an antique dress? It really needs to be cleaned (because it's been sitting in a box for the past 54 years) but I don't want to take it to the cleaners down the street, you know?

Another question. When should I book Randy? Should I wait until after I hear from DFTW? I know I can be pencilled in at 12 months, so I figure that I'll book him around then, but what happens if I get bumped or something???:confused:

disneymeg
02-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Congratulations Lindsay and Chris! Now when will it be Megan's turn? (Sorry, I had to ask at the end of March I will be the oldest unmarried cousin in my family and the pressure has already begun). Have fun torturing Caryn!

well.. i am with someone and were serious but not yet .. maybe soon.. we'll see .. right now its lindsays turn YAY LINDSAY AND CHRISTOPH :banana: !!!

mla1977
02-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Just picking on you Meg! I had to listen to it all day yesterday at the shower. My aunt's and my cousins just about died when they realized that we've been together for almost 6 years.

tamijoy514
02-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Ooooooh the ring is gorgeous!!

And now.. YOU NEED A TICKER!!!!

Starr W.
02-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks Wendy!! About the ring, no. I don't need to get it re-sized. The great thing about being a pushy almost-fiance is that when we went to the store to pick it out they sized my finger. So when they finally put a stone in there they sized it at the same time. Which rocks!

CAM! I didn't even think of that when I posted!!! Whew! I don't think a wedding in Jan will happen, especially when I'm killing myself to get ready for the 1/2!! I am, however, thinking my planning session should happen that weekend. PS Cam, my shins hurt. Anything you can think of to prevent that?

Thank you GJLS10108, mla1977, BayouPrincess, Kristen14, Lisella, Briarrose09, AuroraBorealis, hope1826, BaBeeCee14 and anyone else I may have missed for all of your congrats and well wishes.

An update:
I still keep in close touch with my "Disney" roomates from college program. Disney roomate Katie had a baby (Luke) in September and we've asked Luke to be our "Flower Child" :hippie: and he said yes (thru Katie of course). We still need to ask Chris's godson and cousin if they'd like to be ring bearers.

I just got off the phone with DFTW. They asked a lot of questions and told me that someone would call within 3 days. I hope they call soon. I have A LOT of questions.

Now, a question for either central jersey area brides or Tampa area brides: As you know, I have my grandmother's dress which we are going to redo. Do you know of any dry cleaners that can clean and/or alter an antique dress? It really needs to be cleaned (because it's been sitting in a box for the past 54 years) but I don't want to take it to the cleaners down the street, you know?

Another question. When should I book Randy? Should I wait until after I hear from DFTW? I know I can be pencilled in at 12 months, so I figure that I'll book him around then, but what happens if I get bumped or something???:confused:

I would look for vintage dress shops, they probably have someone that does the cleaning for their merchandise and they might have a seamstress that has experience with altering a vintage dress(ie working with old material).

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Congratulations!! And the ring is beautiful!! How cool to get another WDW Wedding in the family :teeth:

shezfrombermuda
02-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Congratulations! Great proposal story and ring!

You can book Randy before you hear from DFTW. You can give him your "tentative date" and confirm with him after Disney confirms. If you do not get the date you want, Randy will transfer your deposit to your new date as long as he is available. Does this make sense?

JonetteA
02-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Lindsay! I am so glad you are back and ENGAGED! How amazing! I can't wait to hear all about your plans! I love your engagement ring and of course the slipper. So fitting...

angel*lady
02-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Congrats! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!!:goodvibes

mermaidbride1108
02-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Congrats Lindsay!!! How cool to have another DFTW in the family!

caryndisneydiva
02-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Thank you!! I was nervous all day. I didn't want him to know that I knew. Hopefully Caryn and Mark decide to wait a little while before they bring a little one or I'll be in the same boat as you! (But Caryn, that would be wonderful if you do bring a little one)

i can bring TIFFANY??????? she'd LOOOOOOVE to come to aunt lindsay's wedding! no kiddies here kiddo, we have some races to run this year. yes dear lindsay, your bridal workout has officially begun...raceS, not one race, more than one...unless you want to be in PAIN all day like i was...
bridal boot camp has begun!!!!

oh, btw-the pink crinnie will be showing up at your front door asap...

Lynn5700
02-19-2008, 01:12 AM
Aww Congrats Lindsay!!!The ring is absolutely stunning!!! Your family is so lucky to have 2 disney weddings in 2 years!!! Very cool!!!

tamijoy514
02-19-2008, 10:26 AM
oh, btw-the pink crinnie will be showing up at your front door asap...

YOUR SOMETHING BORROWED!!! :woohoo:

MistressOfAllEvil
02-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Ooooooh the ring is gorgeous!!

And now.. YOU NEED A TICKER!!!!

Agreed :thumbsup2

*edit: I'm just tooo sloooooooow, you already put your ticker up!

Ticky Toria 78
02-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Another disney wedding! Congratulations to you both, I love the proposal story and your ring is gorgeous!

lov2b@disney
02-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Cant beat 2 disney weddings in one family!!!!

:yay: :yay: CONGRATULATIONS and Happy Birthday!!

Lindsay22
02-19-2008, 08:20 PM
How do I update the title of this???

Caryn-No. You cannot bring Tiffany to the wedding. Yes, please send the crinnie along.

Since Tamijoy brought up my something borrowed, I figured I'd list what I have so far:
Something old: My dress, as you know, it was my grandmother's. 54 years old.
Something new: Nothing yet... probably a veil or a tiara, maybe some jewelry
Something borrowed: Caryn's pink crinnie
Something blue: My engagement ring and grandma's blue ring that Carynn wore.

I had a very productive second day of being engaged. I called DFTW last night and I got a call from Joe this afternoon. :woohoo: Joe Rocks!!! He walked me through the whole process of wedding planning and checked to see if my locations are available.

Based upon my conversation with Joe we are probably going to have a 5pm ceremony at the WP and then a heavy cocktail hour type reception with desserts on French Island. I didn't want something like a sit down dinner on the island. I think as long as we have heavy cocktail hour food (like a pasta station etc) we'll be good. And then who doesn't love desserts?!? So far our desserts will be: Cake (duh) Mickey Mouse rice krispies (:lovestruc love them) and both Dad and Chris have requested ice cream. So I guess we'll be having that.

We knew from the start that we didn't want a DJ. Neither of us are real big dancers (I don't look like this :dance3: when I try to dance...) But we did think that the jazz trio would be cool. I asked Joe about having them. My main question was whether we would have to wait for the park to close to have them. Joe said that the only thing that we couldn't have was amplified music, so the trio should be fine :cloud9: :yay: :woohoo: :banana: I was SOOOO excited!!!

So next I asked Joe the dreaded rain question. His response was "Well for a group your size we usually bring them to LIVING SEAS!!!" Well I immediately told Joe that this wasn't going to be an option as Caryn just had her wedding there. Joe's response to this was "OH, you're CARYN'S SISTER!!!" Yes, Joe. I am. (Caryn, Joe sends his love) So Joe said that he would note that LSS is not an option. (Not that there is anything wrong with LSS, Caryn's wedding was lovely. But we are really trying to be different from her.) He said that American Adventure Parlour should be okay. He also mentioned that Flower and Garden festival would be taking place at this time.

Joe also said that we could come in and meet and do a site visit. So we scheduled an appt for March 21st. (It's Good Friday, I have the day off work) So we'll get to meet Joe and see everything. I'm really excited to have a chance to see where everything will be set up before we actually book everything.

I also place calls to Randy and the Roots (because seriously, Lurky's pictures are SPECTACULAR) I hope that we can run over to their studios and talk and see their work. I am 5 inches taller than Chris so it's important to me that we don't look awkward in our pics. I also want our photographer to do our engagement pictures...

I am going to start looking for BM dresses soon. BM Claudia will be visiting for Spring Break and we have a trip to David's Bridal scheduled.

Thanks again to everyone for all of their well wishes.

Keira1387
02-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Ok, I must be having a blonde moment... because when you said a heavy cocktail hour, I thought you meant you were going to get everyone wasted!!!:lmao: Isn't Joe the best! I loved working with him!

disneymeg
02-19-2008, 08:32 PM
YOUR 5 INCHES TALLER THAN CHRISTOPH??? NO way!!!! :yay: (thats christoph jumping to be taller than you). yes yes .. nehoo ... so, im likin the black with pink idea and yes ill wear pink shoes (for those you who dont know me im a total blue person .. no pink) but yes ill wear pink shoes. I LOVE the idea of finger food and i love even more the mickey rice crispies treats!!!!! good stuff!!!! keep goin lin it will be here before you know it!

caryndisneydiva
02-19-2008, 09:03 PM
i'm only wearing what i want to wear. i'll be posting pics later...

HA HA HA HA HA! i LOVE being a bridesmaidzilla!!!!!

OceanGdss
02-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Ok, I must be having a blonde moment... because when you said a heavy cocktail hour, I thought you meant you were going to get everyone wasted!!!:lmao: Isn't Joe the best! I loved working with him!

:rotfl2: :lmao: That had me cracking up!!!

Kristen14
02-19-2008, 09:33 PM
i'm only wearing what i want to wear. i'll be posting pics later...

Uh oh, I think Caryn may be starting to iron her wranglers :rotfl:

Lindsay22
02-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Uh oh, I think Caryn may be starting to iron her wranglers :rotfl:

Not funny Kristen. Not funny. (Actually it was hilarious and I :rotfl2: when I read it, but still)
Let's try not to encourage her bridesmaidzilla behavior.

Maybe I need a pair of :3dglasses

Kristen14
02-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Let's try not to encourage her bridesmaidzilla behavior.

Ok, deal. I'll put my :3dglasses on for you!

caryndisneydiva
02-19-2008, 09:50 PM
don't worry lindsay. i rarely wear jeans in public anyway and when i do they're designer :lmao: :cool2:

Lindsay22
02-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Okay. Stupid question time. I want to make cards that say "Will you be our Ring Bearer" (BM, whatever) but I'm not sure what to say on the inside. Doesn't the "will you be my whatever" go on the outside??? I'm very confused.

caryndisneydiva
02-19-2008, 10:47 PM
Okay. Stupid question time. I want to make cards that say "Will you be our Ring Bearer" (BM, whatever) but I'm not sure what to say on the inside. Doesn't the "will you be my whatever" go on the outside??? I'm very confused.

someone had in her pj that she made them out of the cute jolee scrapbook princess stickers. they were adorable! i can't find them though...

Kristen14
02-20-2008, 09:24 AM
You could always leave it blank on the inside and just write a personal message to everyone.

caryndisneydiva
02-20-2008, 07:27 PM
are you wearing a garter?

also, i still have these pair of shoes, not dyed, still in box that i never wore for my wedding...
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/product_imagephp.jpg
do you want them? they're super cool...if you don't, i'm going to dye them sage green and wear them around

Lindsay22
02-20-2008, 08:36 PM
So last night I had my first wedding nightmare. :scared1: Some random girl saw me, saw that I was a bride and BEAT ME UP so that she could steal my super cool wedding. (I guess that's why Disney doesn't like it when the brides meet...)

I also had my first official trip to Michaels (Caryn would be so proud) I made cards for the entire bridal party and they'll eventually (when I get off my lazy butt and put stamps on them. :rolleyes1 ) receive them in the mail. The girls (of course) got princesses and the guys got classic Disney characters.

This one I made for Chris's sister
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding006.jpg

This one I did for Julian, Chris's cousin. He will be one of our Ring Bearers
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding005.jpg

This is all of them except for my sisters (I didn't want them to peek and ruin the surprise!)
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding004.jpg

I got a voice message from Linda Chapman today. So of course I called back and they didn't answer, so I left her a message again.

Caryn, you can keep those boots if you'd like. I don't think I'd be able to pull them off. I also can't wear any heels at all... so they are out.

Mary, one of my bridesmaids (who incidentally is getting married this April) found a few people, some in NJ and some in FL, who can restore an antique dress!!:banana: So I can call and get the ball rolling there.

I'm also compiling a list of questions to ask Joe when I go meet him next month!!

Lindsay22
02-20-2008, 08:36 PM
I really thought I rotated those pics... sorry about that!

lajones81
02-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Oooooh! I love seeing your cards! :) My best friend sent out cute cards like yours to ask her other BM and myself (duh!) to be her bridesmaids. It's a really cute keepsake for me! :)

Lindsay22
02-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Oooooh! I love seeing your cards! :) My best friend sent out cute cards like yours to ask her other BM and myself (duh!) to be her bridesmaids. It's a really cute keepsake for me! :)

I am sooo glad you said that! I was a little worried that everyone would think I was strange... That's what I was going for, so it's nice to know that someone else made that work.

PS I have an email from Nathan Root. Now all I need is for DF to get his butt home from work so that we can discuss this!!

lov2b@disney
02-21-2008, 07:16 AM
Lindsay-cute cards for the bridal party! Good luck with the photography decision!

Chilly
02-21-2008, 07:32 AM
Ok, I must be having a blonde moment... because when you said a heavy cocktail hour, I thought you meant you were going to get everyone wasted!!!:lmao:

Thats what I thought as well!

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/product_imagephp.jpg

Love those boots!

You sure have got a lot planned already.

Gillian
02-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Congratulations! I love your ring. Mine is diamond & sapphire, and I would have been thrilled with a gorgeous center sapphire like yours, but I have my grandmother's diamond instead.

Your wedding plans sound like so much fun. The wedding pavilion is so beautiful & classic, yet so disney. And heavy drinking and jazz? Fabulous! :rotfl2:

Those cards are adorable. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the dress. And if it won't work, there is a place in Princeton NJ that carries the Disney bridal line.

Do you like living in Tampa? We are considering moving to Sarasota, but it's such a huge move, and we have kids in school.

BethanyMouse
02-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Congrats to you Lindsay! How wonderful! Cant wait to hear all about your planning! Enjoy your special moment!

Lindsay22
02-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Congratulations! I love your ring. Mine is diamond & sapphire, and I would have been thrilled with a gorgeous center sapphire like yours, but I have my grandmother's diamond instead.

Your wedding plans sound like so much fun. The wedding pavilion is so beautiful & classic, yet so disney. And heavy drinking and jazz? Fabulous! :rotfl2:

Those cards are adorable. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the dress. And if it won't work, there is a place in Princeton NJ that carries the Disney bridal line.

Do you like living in Tampa? We are considering moving to Sarasota, but it's such a huge move, and we have kids in school.

Thanks Gillian! I'm thrilled with my ring. Thanks about the cards... this morning I asked DF to please write a nice note inside the cards for the guys... of course he promised he would and I walked inside after work and no. Nothing. Men...

I like Tampa a lot, but there is still an adjustment period. Sometimes I'm a little homesick for NYC. The weather is wonderful, the houses are WAY cheaper, and we're only an hour from Disney. That's a big plus.

Thank you Bethany Mouse. Being engaged is SOOOO fun!

disneediva
02-21-2008, 08:19 PM
What a great story!!

MistressOfAllEvil
02-21-2008, 08:22 PM
:woohoo: I'm all caught up!! And I have to say, you're way more on top of wedding planning than I EVER was... It's going to be fun reading your PJ. I might actually have to subscribe and get updates, so I can stay on top of it!!!

I agree that Carrie's pictures are the bomb... It's going to be a tough choice between the Randy and the Roots!

MistressOfAllEvil
02-21-2008, 08:26 PM
I like Tampa a lot, but there is still an adjustment period. Sometimes I'm a little homesick for NYC. The weather is wonderful, the houses are WAY cheaper, and we're only an hour from Disney. That's a big plus.

Ugh... Can I come move in with you??? We were getting off the bus from Epcot at Fort Wilderness on Saturday afternoon and I knew we had to leave to come home and I just started crying... :sad1: I miss Disney. I miss living in FL. I hate MI and the grey and the cold and the snow and the grey. I want SUNSHINE!

tamijoy514
02-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Ugh... Can I come move in with you??? We were getting off the bus from Epcot at Fort Wilderness on Saturday afternoon and I knew we had to leave to come home and I just started crying... :sad1: I miss Disney. I miss living in FL. I hate MI and the grey and the cold and the snow and the grey. I want SUNSHINE!

You MISS living in Florida?! You are nuts! I can't wait to move! Two and a half weeks left! WEEEEEE!!

MistressOfAllEvil
02-21-2008, 08:46 PM
You MISS living in Florida?! You are nuts! I can't wait to move! Two and a half weeks left! WEEEEEE!!

Really? Well, I guess I would take any sunny weather over MI; but I did the CP in 2006 and I was in FL from May through November (left early, was supposed to stay through the begining of January) and I survived. Right through the summer. Your blood thins, you get used to the humidity, I loooooooooooved it! I was never so happy. The sun is almost always out!!! Where are you moving to???

Edit: Sorry for the pirate: Lindsay!

caryndisneydiva
02-21-2008, 09:05 PM
i'm with wendy! i looooooove florida! it's my most favorite place on earth! texas is waaaaaay too humid. i had to get my engagement ring and wedding band 1/4 size too big because my hands swell in this darned humidity...

i'm a thread pirate: tonight!

sorry lindsay!

caryn's wedding update...

lin, i'm going to go get some fabric samples for your veil. i'll take pics this weekend...THEN, i MIGHT go try dresses on, but i'm not going to buy one because i'm hoping to have better legs by the time you get married. marathon training should change my body shape...

i received a super secret message from bm-mary on myspace and i'm NOT telling you what she said!!!

Lindsay22
02-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Let me tell you all a little story about my Matron of Honor Caryn.
When we were younger, still living at home... My lovely sister would sit downstairs while I was upstairs. She would randomly scream to me upstairs "LINDSAY!!! MAKE ME A CAKE!!! I WANT SOME CAKE!!!" She started demanding cake more and more... So almost a year ago today, my BM Mary got engaged... Caryn posted on Mary's myspace page "MARY! I NEED TO BE INVITED! I WANT SOME CAKE!!" When Caryn got engaged, Mary posted the same thing.

I can only imagine the "super secret" message.

Mary has already promised me a Bill Clinton potholder for my shower. Because really, who can live without that?:rotfl2:

ETA: Wendy please feel free to move in whenever you want. Cordelia (my cat) and I would love to have you

disneychickforever
02-21-2008, 10:08 PM
So I finished your sister's, I shall now annoy you if that's alright lol. Great to hear of another Disney Bride in your family, congrats! So awesome from such an awesome group of sisters. :)

I totally LOVE and I mean LOVE your ring! Sapphire is my favorite gem of all time. I totally sent a picture to my guy lol. Who needs a diamond ring when Sapphire is SO much prettier? Your DF has great taste.

Congrats again Lindsay! Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

caryndisneydiva
02-21-2008, 10:15 PM
When we were younger, still living at home... My lovely sister would sit downstairs while I was upstairs. She would randomly scream to me upstairs "LINDSAY!!! MAKE ME A CAKE!!! I WANT SOME CAKE!!!" She started demanding cake more and more... So almost a year ago today, my BM Mary got engaged... Caryn posted on Mary's myspace page "MARY! I NEED TO BE INVITED! I WANT SOME CAKE!!" When Caryn got engaged, Mary posted the same thing.

lindsay. you are going to force me to preface every single post with a nice pair of dior :cool2: . don't be a meany. bridezilla is NOT becoming on you.

OH. and the message had NOTHING to do with CAKE. though that little lie/story you just told does remind me that i need to request that she bring me a nice
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/Birthday_Cupcake.jpg
at the wedding. good call lin. good call.

Mary has already promised me a Bill Clinton potholder for my shower. Because really, who can live without that?:rotfl2:

oh man! i can't live without one either, i NEED my bill clinton pot holder...

OH! another matron of honor update...
i've decided that i will be carrying a rose wand with a hot pink rose in it. i'll make it myself...

Lindsay22
02-21-2008, 10:15 PM
So I finished your sister's, I shall now annoy you if that's alright lol. Great to hear of another Disney Bride in your family, congrats! So awesome from such an awesome group of sisters. :)

I totally LOVE and I mean LOVE your ring! Sapphire is my favorite gem of all time. I totally sent a picture to my guy lol. Who needs a diamond ring when Sapphire is SO much prettier? Your DF has great taste.

Congrats again Lindsay! Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

YAY!! Welcome to my PJ!

You can tell your guy that Princess Diana had a sapphire. Some people used to look at me a little funny when I said that I didn't want a diamond (DF looked at me a little funny...) And I would say that if it was good enough for Princess Diana, it was good enough for me!!

Thank you so much for all of the nice compliments on my ring. Sometimes I stop typing at work and just look at how pretty my hand is!

Lindsay22
02-21-2008, 10:17 PM
i've decided that i will be carrying a rose wand with a hot pink rose in it. i'll make it myself...

I love how Caryn just "decides" things...

disneychickforever
02-21-2008, 10:27 PM
I never knew Princess Diana had a Sapphire. Yay even more reason to! Lol.

Lynn5700
02-21-2008, 10:30 PM
The cards are soo cute Lindsay!!! You did a great job!! :)

keenercam
02-22-2008, 07:35 AM
You guys are cracking me up! I am so jealous! I want a sister! Oh and a cupcake from the Boardwalk Bakery would be VERY nice right about now!

Speaking of moving to Florida -- just thank God you aren't in Delaware right now. Scary, scary snow and ICE. I'm so glad none of "our brides" :grouphug: is flying from the northeast today. :eek:

tamijoy514
02-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Seriously, like I mentioned in Caryn's TR, you guys make me miss my sisters, seriously (oh I miss Grey's Anatomy.. weeeeee sorry). You make me happy :goodvibes

stitchlet
02-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Congratulations - I'm so excited for you! :goodvibes

Your ring is gorgeous - I agree sapphires are beautiful stones.

Your comments thru-out Caryn's PJ were great - can't wait for the banter to rev-up full-force here! :rotfl:

Starr W.
02-22-2008, 03:20 PM
I never knew Princess Diana had a Sapphire. Yay even more reason to! Lol.

It was a HUGE sapphire, I think oblong shaped surrounded by diamonds.

Yes, I will date myself and say I got up at 5am and watched the whole wedding.

Starr W.
02-22-2008, 03:28 PM

ETA: Wendy please feel free to move in whenever you want. Cordelia (my cat) and I would love to have you

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: , Lindsay you really need those little rose shaped bars of soap for your guest bathroom. I got like 4 boxes of those at my shower(all from DH's side of the family).

Tell Caryn she can't have any cake if she has tan lines.;)

MistressOfAllEvil
02-22-2008, 03:49 PM

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

This reminds me of Cartman on South Park. One of the more known sound drops from the first or second season is him screaming to his mom to make him a pie! LOLOLOL. too funny.

Wheeeeee! I'm on my way! Oh wait. I got married. I don't think I can just pick up and leave. Hmpf.

I love how Caryn just "decides" things...

That's what I was going to say. I looooove it. :laughing:

Seriously, like I mentioned in Caryn's TR, you guys make me miss my sisters, seriously (oh I miss Grey's Anatomy.. weeeeee sorry). You make me happy :goodvibes

wooo hooo! I'm not the only one!! Hopefully now that the writer's strike is over we'll see something new in the near future!!

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/wendykampe/seriouslypi2.jpg

sorry for the pirate:

Lindsay22
02-22-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm SOOOOOOOOO glad that I'm not the only one who "seriously" misses Grey's Anatomy. In fact, last year for my birthday DisneyMeg got me the shirt from ABC.com that says Seriously. I wear it constantly.

Lindsay22
02-22-2008, 05:37 PM
And since we were discussing it... here is a picture of Princess Diana's engagement ring

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/images.jpg

geetey
02-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Lindsay,
I think your ring is much prettier than Princess Diana's! Yeah for another Disney bride in your family! Love the cute cards! I don't even you the choice between Randy and the Roots - they are both fabulous!!

Congrats on your engagement! :goodvibes

lajones81
02-22-2008, 09:50 PM
And since we were discussing it... here is a picture of Princess Diana's engagement ring

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/images.jpg

Oooooh! That's a nice ring! :)

IndyBride
02-24-2008, 01:04 AM
I am going to send cards asking my BM as well. I found some really cute poems on line. Your's look great and I'm excited to see all the other projects you do for your wedding.

BTW- congratulations on the engagement and wedding at Disney!

Lindsay22
02-24-2008, 07:52 AM
Thanks everyone for the compliments on my Bridemsaid cards. DF FINALLY filled out the ones for his groomsmen. (It required several bribes and threats.)

We had a lovely dinner last night at Concourse. We celebrated our anniversary and engagement. Our waitress was lovely and brought us a complimentary champagne toast. I have pictures which I have not uploaded yet.. I will eventually

caryndisneydiva
02-24-2008, 10:06 AM
lindsay,

how about one of these?
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/6542-600.jpg http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/6548-600.jpg

i think this is the one that you want
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/6493-600.jpg

Missy Mouse
02-24-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm SOOOOOOOOO glad that I'm not the only one who "seriously" misses Grey's Anatomy. In fact, last year for my birthday DisneyMeg got me the shirt from ABC.com that says Seriously. I wear it constantly.

You are definitely not the only one who "seriously" misses Grey's!! I have every season on DVD and watching them over and over is not comforting me at all. I NEED to know what's going to happen with Meredith and Derek. WILL IT BE ROSE???????? Will Alex and Lacey end up together or will he choose Rebecca? Whatever will happen with Tucker and Bailey? I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!! And I need my fill of McDreamy!

Missy Mouse
02-24-2008, 10:46 AM
I love your bridal party cards! They're really cute!

Lindsay22
02-24-2008, 11:01 AM
You are definitely not the only one who "seriously" misses Grey's!! I have every season on DVD and watching them over and over is not comforting me at all. I NEED to know what's going to happen with Meredith and Derek. WILL IT BE ROSE???????? Will Alex and Lacey end up together or will he choose Rebecca? Whatever will happen with Tucker and Bailey? I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!! And I need my fill of McDreamy!

God I hope it's not Rose. I mean really, who is she?!?!? Homewrecker. I just got season 3 for my birthday so I've been watching that all morning. And Alex TOTALLY needs to choose Lexi. I'm sorry but Ava/Rebecca is married and has a kid. Alex doesn't need that. I hope that Bailey doesn't get divorced. I'm a huge Bailey fan. And can I tell you... I am so HAPPY that the stupid George/Izzy affair is over. I just didn't get it.

Lindsay22
02-24-2008, 11:05 AM
lindsay,

how about one of these?
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/6542-600.jpg http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/6548-600.jpg

i think this is the one that you want
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/6493-600.jpg

I don't like the shorter one, we are going for long. I like the second one but there are two things.. 1.) I'm not sure how it will look on Mary and Claudia since they are curvier *which if you are reading this girls is a good thing... I'm jealous* 2.) I think that has a weird thing on the back that looks funny.

The third one is my favorite for a few reasons... 1.) I like it and I am going to ask the dress people if they can make the top of my dress look like the top of that dress. 2.) It looks good on a lot of different body types 3.) This is a dress that you actually can wear again... you can cut it at the knee and have a cocktail dress.

I'm going to ask that everyone try on those two dresses. But I thnk it will look weird if you and Megan are in one dress and Claudia and Mary are in another

disneymeg
02-24-2008, 02:31 PM
lin i like dress 2 and 3. Ill go to davids bridal this week and see what they look like on - ill take pics and post them so you can see which one you like better. are we gonna get shoes dyed the same color? and what shoes are you thinkin?

Lindsay22
02-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Meg,
These are not at David's. Remember the other store we went to so that we could get Caryn's dresses? They should be there.
BUT DON'T BUY ANYTHING YET

Missy Mouse
02-25-2008, 04:15 PM
God I hope it's not Rose. I mean really, who is she?!?!? Homewrecker. I just got season 3 for my birthday so I've been watching that all morning. And Alex TOTALLY needs to choose Lexi. I'm sorry but Ava/Rebecca is married and has a kid. Alex doesn't need that. I hope that Bailey doesn't get divorced. I'm a huge Bailey fan. And can I tell you... I am so HAPPY that the stupid George/Izzy affair is over. I just didn't get it.

***, why did I say Lacey? I just noticed that. LOL. Honestly, after it came out that he was gay it was really hard to see the George character anymore. I have NOTHING against gay people, I actually love him more now, but now there's really just no chemistry with him and females on screen. He's like everyone's little brother. I don't want Bailey to get divorced either, funny how she's heading down the same path as the chief and she's destined to be future chief. I want them to tie up loose ends!!

Lindsay22
02-25-2008, 05:46 PM
I don't want Bailey to get divorced either, funny how she's heading down the same path as the chief and she's destined to be future chief. I want them to tie up loose ends!!

You know, I never even thought of that.... interesting. I wonder if she'll have an affair. The chief did...

I'm pirate: my own thread...

So I have a meeting scheduled (finally, after several emails) with the Roots. We'll see how that goes. i also have a meeting scheduled with Joe and Randy (but I think I already mentioned that) DF and i are actively trying to figure out a guest list. Yuck.

caryndisneydiva
02-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Y DF and i are actively trying to figure out a guest list. Yuck.

have fun on that one. i don't envy you that task. my mil says that she's coming whether you invite her or not!

Lindsay22
02-27-2008, 11:22 AM
We got a lot of interesting stuff in the mail yesterday. I am calling it Disney Propaganda. It was a really nice little packet that advertised Disney Weddings (which really, I've already called them... do I need the info packet?) We also received the "informational" DVD. Seriously, am I the only one who thinks this DVD is THE WORST!!! We were horrified! First of all, it has to be at least 15 years old. They advertise that you can have an MK reception AND use Disney cosmotology... DF said that if our wedding was as boring as the DVD, he wouldn't be attending.

I have also started looking at invitations. Caryn has kindly volunteered to make them (for a nominal fee of course.. :cool2: ) So far we like these http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/products/ProductView_128.htm
Caryn also suggested putting a ribbon on them to separate the design from the writing. LOVE THAT!!
I'll be showing them to DF tonight to approve them, (well, maybe not APPROVE, but make sure he doesn't hate them)

BaBeeCee14
02-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Ooh I love the invitations Lindsay! Very pretty!

caryndisneydiva
02-27-2008, 11:43 AM
i will totally make them. i need to hit Michael's and see what good paper they have...if i have time in the next few days, i'll make a prototype...

BaBeeCee14
02-27-2008, 11:55 AM
i will totally make them. i need to hit Michael's and see what good paper they have...if i have time in the next few days, i'll make a prototype...

Caryn, you must be so excited to get back in to the wedding projects! I can't wait to see what crafty things you come up with this time :thumbsup2

caryndisneydiva
02-27-2008, 12:03 PM
mark almost had a fit when i told him i was going to do lindsay's stuff. ha ha ha! he thought it was over!!!!!!

ok, onto the dftw dvd. i wish they'd stop sending that thing out. they still show the jazz club at PI. that hasn't been there for years!!!!!

camara381
02-27-2008, 12:10 PM
YAY ANOTHER CRAIG WEDDING!!! WOO HOO
I was an avid Caryn PJ reader.
:cool1: :cool1: (Just want to send a big Thank you to Caryn she has been absolutley Wonderful, and extremely helpful with me!!!!)

I just got caught up, don't know how i missed it...first let me say Congrats

I can't wait for more updates, SO ANXIOUS...i love the ring it's stunning, the BM cards are so cute!!!! the Dresses i personally like #1 & #3...

* I FORGOT Micheals has a new invitation line from Brides Mag...I saw one the other day that is similar to yours.
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/camara381/wd0217.jpg not the same colors i'm sure you can tailor them, maybe a pink mat behind it or an ivory ribbon...Oh Caryn, FYI Micheals is having a sale this week on wedding stuff

OH and 1 last thing

I HATE IZZIE!!!!! :)

pink_tink8i8
02-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Congratulations and welcome!!!! Your ring is just stunning!!!!
Can't wait to read more of your plans!

MistressOfAllEvil
02-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Totally pirate: & :offtopic: BUT I can't resist.

Me too! SIL bought me one for Christmas but wrapped it up and made it from her DB.

You are definitely not the only one who "seriously" misses Grey's!! I have every season on DVD and watching them over and over is not comforting me at all. I NEED to know what's going to happen with Meredith and Derek. WILL IT BE ROSE???????? Will Alex and Lexie end up together or will he choose Rebecca? Whatever will happen with Tucker and Bailey? I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!! And I need my fill of McDreamy!

Mmmmm.... McDreamy. Agreed.

LOL. I have to disagree. I like Rose. I think she's cute and has spunk and obviously is a little more open than Mer. That's not to say I don't love Mer, but they are so much more exciting when they're not together. I love their longing chemistry. And I agree, I'm sooo happy that George and Izzy are over. And can they get rid of whiney Izzy? I'm want back power-snacker, always optimistic Izzy of seasons one and two!

***, why did I say Lacey? I just noticed that. LOL. Honestly, after it came out that he was gay it was really hard to see the George character anymore. I have NOTHING against gay people, I actually love him more now, but now there's really just no chemistry with him and females on screen. He's like everyone's little brother. I don't want Bailey to get divorced either, funny how she's heading down the same path as the chief and she's destined to be future chief. I want them to tie up loose ends!!

Yeah, I'm just happy that they finally gave her cheif resident. Giving it to Callie was a lame detour, IMO.

You know, I never even thought of that.... interesting. I wonder if she'll have an affair. The chief did...

I'm pirate: my own thread...

Seriously.

okay, pirate: over.

MistressOfAllEvil
02-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Oh Lindsay! The invitations are soooo pretty, but something like that could totally be done (by Caryn, of course) pretty easily. Can't wait to see prototypes.

Oh and stick to your guns and pick the bridesmaid dresses that you like. If you like that neckline then go for it. You like the longer length, go for it. I liked the dresses Caryn posted, but I'm partial to tea length and cocktail dresses. I'm more relaxed and casual in my wedding preferences. :thumbsup2

lurkyloo
02-27-2008, 12:59 PM
I LOVE the quote marks around "information" in your thread title! :rotfl: I keep hearing that Disney is making a new DVD, and one bride on here was actually asked for permission to use a shot of her or her wedding or something, but so far... nothing! Maybe we could have one of our craftier members edit together footage of all our weddings and make a new DVD for Disney! :lmao:

Lindsay22
02-27-2008, 06:59 PM

Caryn, Chris likes them, so if you get a minute and you want to make a prototype that'd be cool

[COLOR="magenta"][SIZE="6"]

* I FORGOT Micheals has a new invitation line our from Brides Mag...I saw one the other day that is similar to yours.
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/camara381/wd0217.jpg not the same colors i'm sure you can tailor them...Oh Caryn, FYI Micheals is having a sale this week on wedding stuff

OH and 1 last thing

I HATE IZZIE!!!!! :)

Those invite are really nice... is that a save the date card attached? LOVE THAT!! Oh and I hate Izzy too!!

I LOVE the quote marks around "information" in your thread title! :rotfl: I keep hearing that Disney is making a new DVD, and one bride on here was actually asked for permission to use a shot of her or her wedding or something, but so far... nothing! Maybe we could have one of our craftier members edit together footage of all our weddings and make a new DVD for Disney! :lmao:

Seriously Carrie, was that dvd informative AT ALL??? NO. I'm a huge fan of quotes. I do air quotes constantly.

And Wendy... I forgot to hit your quote thing. Thanks for being so supportive. I also want to see the fun Izzy from seasons 1 and 2. Whiny Izzy just doesn't do it for me...

Here are some pics of DF and I. We took this one the day after Caryn's wedding. I had Caryn's camera and she had mine and we each tried to take pics of each other while Teacupping.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding007.jpg

This is DF and I over the weekend at Concourse. This was with our complimentary champagne toast! (We love free stuff)
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding009.jpg

Lindsay22
02-28-2008, 10:13 AM
HELP!!!
It seems that DF REFUSES to tell his family the CORRECT information regarding our wedding, which seriously... I don't get.:confused3. Doesn't he want his family to be there on time, on the correct date?!? (Thank God MIL checks this daily... :thumbsup2 )
I want everyone to attend our wedding and have the relevant information so they can begin their planning.
Does anyone have a newsletter template they can pm me?
I know that our date isn't set in stone yet, but that can be written in a newsletter right? Something like "Disney won't let us set the date until the 12 month mark but we are hoping for whatever date."
Please help.

irisbud
02-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Just joing in! I'm really enjoying all of your plans so far and can't wait to read more! I sent you a PM on the newsletter!

tamijoy514
02-28-2008, 11:24 AM
It just hit me that.... Caryn should be a wedding planner! FOR DISNEY! :cheer2:

camara381
02-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Hey there, I have a few but it will not let me send it through PM shoot me your email address and I will get them to you

disneymeg
02-28-2008, 01:36 PM
hello all ... so i just did something i never thought i would be able to do and im very excited about it. First off i need to thank my sisters because without them, i would have never done it. I just got back from the dentist and for the first time in my life, i dont have a space between my two front teeth and my teeth are white. I quite smoking 4 years ago in april and my teeth are yellow and icky. So i used whitening strips to help them along. When i saw some of the pics from my sister caryns wedding (i know people wont belive this and i sound very vain in saying it) but i felt so bad because my smile was so UCK and i felt that i ruined my sisters wedding pictures :guilty: . So when Lindsay told me she was getting married (YAY) i told my best friend that night that i was goign to fix my smile. the next day i went to my dentist (who I went to hs with - totally weird) and we consulted and decided on a plan to fix my smile. IM still knumb and a little sore but for the first time in 24 years i have white teeth and no space. im very excited ... nehoo .. moving onto more pressing things .. i really like the invites that someone posted on lins blog. SUUUUPER CUTE!!!

Lin if you want .. i can try to maybe make a news letter or soemthing .. only if you want though. Id lke to try some crafty stuff too. let me know what you need me to do. Oh and P.S. i cant wait for you to see my smile :rolleyes:

camara381
02-28-2008, 05:06 PM
hello all ... so i just did something i never thought i would be able to do and im very excited about it. First off i need to thank my sisters because without them, i would have never done it. I just got back from the dentist and for the first time in my life, i dont have a space between my two front teeth and my teeth are white. I quite smoking 4 years ago in april and my teeth are yellow and icky. So i used whitening strips to help them along. When i saw some of the pics from my sister caryns wedding (i know people wont belive this and i sound very vain in saying it) but i felt so bad because my smile was so UCK and i felt that i ruined my sisters wedding pictures :guilty: . So when Lindsay told me she was getting married (YAY) i told my best friend that night that i was goign to fix my smile. the next day i went to my dentist (who I went to hs with - totally weird) and we consulted and decided on a plan to fix my smile. IM still knumb and a little sore but for the first time in 24 years i have white teeth and no space. im very excited ... nehoo .. moving onto more pressing things .. i really like the invites that someone posted on lins blog. SUUUUPER CUTE!!!

Lin if you want .. i can try to maybe make a news letter or soemthing .. only if you want though. Id lke to try some crafty stuff too. let me know what you need me to do. Oh and P.S. i cant wait for you to see my smile :rolleyes:

Meg you are so cute, CONGRATS on your new Smile :cool1:

M&M126
02-28-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm just catching up on your PJ. Congrats on your engagement!!! It's great that you're planning a Disney wedding. My sister got married at Disney a few years too so we'll also have multiple Disney weddings in the family :)

Good luck with everything!

caryndisneydiva
02-29-2008, 02:19 PM
i might have a newsletter template...let me locate one for you.

caryndisneydiva
03-01-2008, 12:52 PM
ok, so the internet has been fixed and i'm back online...i found a local art store that sells a bunch of invitation stuff so i'll be visiting there shortly.
invite inspiration pic
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/lininviteinspiration.jpg
questions on what you are looking for....
1. size
2. shape of envelopes, this will obviously effect the size of the invite. i think it would be cool to do a long rectangle instead of the regular kind...
3. what color design on the left? colored, or black/white?
4. what color of cardstock for the right side? (i was thinking pink or ivory, if we did ivory, we could do a pink, black and ivory design on the left.)
5. do you want the design to be on a sheet of paper, or can i emboss it?
6. ribbon color
this is what i've come up with so far, i just need to know what direction you want to go in. i found these on papersource
papaya
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/842612009244.jpg
blossom
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/842612005888.jpg

possible designs for embossing...i'll look for bigger ones that are square in shape. we can add teeny tiny swarovski's to them in the coordinating color to give it some "pop"
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/871371.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/871316.jpg

i kind of like the 2nd one, it will give more room on the paper if we need it.

also, think about embossing the envelopes...do you want black envelopes for the outer's and pink for the inners?

i downloaded a really cool font that hope1826 had her invitations printed in, so we can use it. it's called young love and it's beautiful!

let me know what you think...

caryndisneydiva
03-01-2008, 01:11 PM
more left side designs...
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/250753.jpghttp://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/614800.jpg

i like #2. the more and more i think about it. i think i should emboss it in black on an ivory sheet of thick cardstock...then put mini swarovski pink crystals in certain places to make it fun...

hope1826
03-01-2008, 01:33 PM
ok, so the internet has been fixed and i'm back online...i found a local art store that sells a bunch of invitation stuff so i'll be visiting there shortly.
invite inspiration pic
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/lininviteinspiration.jpg
questions on what you are looking for....
1. size
2. shape of envelopes, this will obviously effect the size of the invite. i think it would be cool to do a long rectangle instead of the regular kind...
4. what color of cardstock for the right side? (i was thinking pink or ivory, if we did ivory, we could do a pink, black and ivory design on the left.)
6. ribbon color
this is what i've come up with so far, i just need to know what direction you want to go in. i found these on papersource
papaya
blossom
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/842612005888.jpg

possible designs for embossing...i'll look for bigger ones that are square in shape. we can add teeny tiny swarovski's to them in the coordinating color to give it some "pop"

also, think about embossing the envelopes...do you want black envelopes for the outer's and pink for the inners?

i downloaded a really cool font that hope1826 had her invitations printed in, so we can use it. it's called young love and it's beautiful!

I got so many compliments on the fonts from my guests!! It will look great on Lindsay's invitations!! So elegant! I know nothings been decided, but I can see where they are headed and the invitations already look gorgeous! :thumbsup2

hope1826
03-01-2008, 01:35 PM

Congrats on your new smile! You should temporarily pirate: your sister's thread and post a pic.

imnotaprincess
03-01-2008, 05:17 PM
I just finished reading your sister Caryn's TR - wow, lucky families you have, they get to enjoy TWO Disney Weddings!

I had the same problem as you, we really needed to communicate prior to our 12 month mark as well. I did some awesome newsletters and would love to send a copy of to you. I have MS Publisher and it helps a great deal - everyone commented it looked like we had them professionally done. I'll try and post a picture. Send me an email or PM me your email address and I'll email a copy to you.

THey are a big help to your guests!

Lisella
03-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Lindsay, the invitations you are looking at are great! Caryn is going to do an awesome job with them for you.

And congrats on your new smile, Meg!

Bouncy bounce
03-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Congrads... i live in tampa too.. in the carrollwood area but originally from nj. I'm getting married in august in disney. :banana:

Lindsay22
03-02-2008, 07:48 AM
1. size
6. ribbon color
papaya

Okay Caryn, here are your answers...
1.) Size- about the same size as yours...
2.) Regular envelopes are fine. We need to do rectangles because I don't want to pay for extra postage if we do square envelopes.
3.) I think we should do a black/white design on the left and just have the color on the right. That's the part I like the best about the inspiration invite.
4.) The right side should be pink (bright pink, but not too bright. Not baby shower, but not neon either.
5.) I'm not really sure what embossing is. Whatever you like is fine.
6.) Where is the ribbon going to go? I like the first color you posted for ribbon colors. I think that if you are going to put a ribbon separating the design from the color, it should be black...

Yes, black envelopes for outside and pink for the inside.

more left side designs...
IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/614800.jpg[/IMG]

i like #2. the more and more i think about it. i think i should emboss it in black on an ivory sheet of thick cardstock...then put mini swarovski pink crystals in certain places to make it fun...

Whatever you think would be best. You might have to go over the embossing thing with me, I don't understand that

I just finished reading your sister Caryn's TR - wow, lucky families you have, they get to enjoy TWO Disney Weddings!

I had the same problem as you, we really needed to communicate prior to our 12 month mark as well. I did some awesome newsletters and would love to send a copy of to you. I have MS Publisher and it helps a great deal - everyone commented it looked like we had them professionally done. I'll try and post a picture. Send me an email or PM me your email address and I'll email a copy to you.

THey are a big help to your guests!

Thank you! I'm sending you a PM shortly

Lindsay, the invitations you are looking at are great! Caryn is going to do an awesome job with them for you.

And congrats on your new smile, Meg!

Thanks!!! I'm sure Caryn will be awesome!!
And yes Meg, congrats!

Congrads... i live in tampa too.. in the carrollwood area but originally from nj. I'm getting married in august in disney. :banana:

Oh cool!! Do you like Tampa? We like that it's so close to Disney (it's our favorite part)

caryndisneydiva
03-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Okay Caryn, here are your answers...
1.) Size- about the same size as yours...
2.) Regular envelopes are fine. We need to do rectangles because I don't want to pay for extra postage if we do square envelopes.
3.) I think we should do a black/white design on the left and just have the color on the right. That's the part I like the best about the inspiration invite.
4.) The right side should be pink (bright pink, but not too bright. Not baby shower, but not neon either.
5.) I'm not really sure what embossing is. Whatever you like is fine.
6.) Where is the ribbon going to go? I like the first color you posted for ribbon colors. I think that if you are going to put a ribbon separating the design from the color, it should be black...

Yes, black envelopes for outside and pink for the inside.

Whatever you think would be best. You might have to go over the embossing thing with me, I don't understand that

ok...

1 and 2. i was thinking more legal sized envelopes, but the more i put that through my mind, the more i realize that's not going to work...so the same size (A6) as mine it is...
3. ok. do you still want swarovski's? you can get them in black too, that might be cool.
4. is the papaya sample an accurate description of what you'd like? is bubble gum pink a good example?
5. embossing is a raised design on the paper, i might have embossed something on your engagement card. the tinkerbell's on my door hangers were embossed...i like it because it makes it three dimensional.
6. it will be a thin black ribbon, i just showed you those ribbon examples because i needed a pink inspiration.

i need to think of a cool label idea for the envelopes, UNLESS you want to do calligraphy...then you could get a white pen and do the envelopes...very cool. do you remember how to do that? if not, i have already have a few innovative label ideas up my sleeve...

Starr W.
03-02-2008, 10:14 AM
ok...

1 and 2. i was thinking more legal sized envelopes, but the more i put that through my mind, the more i realize that's not going to work...so the same size (A6) as mine it is...
3. ok. do you still want swarovski's? you can get them in black too, that might be cool.
4. is the papaya sample an accurate description of what you'd like? is bubble gum pink a good example?
5. embossing is a raised design on the paper, i might have embossed something on your engagement card. the tinkerbell's on my door hangers were embossed...i like it because it makes it three dimensional.
6. it will be a thin black ribbon, i just showed you those ribbon examples because i needed a pink inspiration.

i need to think of a cool label idea for the envelopes, UNLESS you want to do calligraphy...then you could get a white pen and do the envelopes...very cool. do you remember how to do that? if not, i have already have a few innovative label ideas up my sleeve...

pirate: moment.

Caryn, you should really think about doing this for money. You have some really great ideas.

Now back to Lindsay's PJ

caryndisneydiva
03-02-2008, 10:27 AM
pirate: moment.

Caryn, you should really think about doing this for money. You have some really great ideas.

Now back to Lindsay's PJ

thanks starr w! the thought has crossed my mind...

oneyodafan
03-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Congrats!!!

caryndisneydiva
03-03-2008, 02:43 PM
i did an invitation mock up. tell me what you think. they obviously will be mounted better and on very thick black cardstock. i will do some type of border in between the two sheets...also, we'll make the responder card a smaller version of the invitation and i can do that for a reservation information card as well. i think that if you like this stamp, i'll not emboss it, it's too big and detailed and it stamped beautifully!

which pink do you prefer? mark and i both vote for the lighter one...the darker one is a bit hard to read. these are the only two pink options we have at this point, unless you want me to use cheap paper...also, let me know how you like the fonts. i tried to make it very easy to read, yet make your names elegant. oh, i didn't know chris's real middle name, so i made one up...

now up, programs? what shall we do? i like the mickey head ones, we don't have to make fans, i can also add a red bow (paper or ribbon) to make minnie programs, maybe mickey for chris's side and minnie for our side?

edit: the more i look at this, i need to cut that stamp part by a third, or even a half...

tamijoy514
03-03-2008, 02:56 PM
oh, i didn't know chris's real middle name, so i made one up...

:rotfl2: I'm sitting here at work and I start giggling.. good thing we didn't have any customers in here.

I vote the light pink too!... since my vote matters in situations like these.. :rolleyes1

and I like the idea of the Mickey and Minnie head programs being for his and her families, very cute!

keenercam
03-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Caryn -- That is just gorgeous! I vote for the light pink, too. It is gorgeous and you're right -- easier to read. I have a question, though. Is the left hand part a stamp? Where in the world does one find a gorgeous, ornate stamp like that? I am so jealous! I want beautiful, hand-made invitations, too!! :hug:

Lindsay -- I hope you are having fun with all of us pitching in on your planning. :)

Lindsay22
03-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Caryn
Chris and I think that we like the second one, but can you mail them to us? We want to be able to see the colors in person. I also think that you need to cut the stamp part in half.... at least. They look very nice.
I also think that maybe middle names aren't necessary. I'm not too into my middle name.
We can think about programs later. I don't know, I need to sit on that.
Your pics look very nice. Chris and I were just on Randy's site.

caryndisneydiva
03-03-2008, 07:57 PM
cutting it in half is fine. it'll save paper that way...

i'll send them to you once i get this box of stuff i have for you in the mail...i think you're going to like the top one better once you see it in person, the bottom one is really dark when you look at it. it's like you have to strain your eyes to see it. i'll get some black cardstock tomorrow to finish them and send them to you.

Lindsay22
03-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Chris wanted me to put some faces in.
He's picking them now (don't you like when the DFs post?!?)
:surfweb: that's lindsay
:happytv: that's me
:laundy: that's not lindsay
:clown: that's caryn
:love1: :charac4: :dancer: and those are all me

caryndisneydiva
03-03-2008, 08:03 PM
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/lemonlogo.jpg

chris, you'll soon learn what these are...
:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

geetey
03-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Sorry for the slight pirate: but I have an invite question. Is it less expensive to make your own invitations or do you make them because you get exactly what you want?

My sister got engaged on Friday night and I am already getting tapped for help. See what happens when you share all of the creative ideas DISBrides have?? I don't want to even show her the customized shoes Lisa (BayouPrincess) is making! I know she will want me to do those!

Back to your PJ, Lindsay!

caryndisneydiva
03-03-2008, 08:34 PM
depending on how many you have to do, i think it's cheaper AND you get exactly what you want!

geetey
03-03-2008, 08:50 PM
She hasn't decided if she wants a WDW wedding or an at home one. Either way there will be a large reception so it would probably be @ 100 - 125 invitations.

Lindsay22
03-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Congrats to your sister!!! Is she going to join the boards?

helloirishkitty
03-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi Lindsay!! I've been lurking so far, but I just had to say that we have the same invitations, unfortunately I don't have a crafty sister to make them for me, so I ordered them from Papyrus along with the Save the Date's. You have good taste :goodvibes

And I can't wait to read more! I love that there are so many new '09 brides :bride:

geetey
03-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Congrats to your sister!!! Is she going to join the boards?

Thanks, Lindsay. I am trying to talk her into it, but she says she doesn't have time (I can just do everything on here for her :rolleyes: ). She is a nurse and works 12 hour shifts at night. Her DF is in med school. Since I am the WDW tour guide/expert in the family, she says I should be her wedding planner.

Hmm.... anyone ever start a PJ as a wedding planner? :scratchin

caryndisneydiva
03-03-2008, 09:38 PM
ok, so i just briefly looked at the papyrus invites...very similar ones to the one i'm making are $615 for 100...i'll give you 10% off :thumbsup2 (what a deal :woohoo: ). i just did some quick math and discovered that we'll pay less than 1/5 of that cost...and i overestimated how much it'll cost to do them...amazing...

geetey
03-04-2008, 03:09 PM
ok, so i just briefly looked at the papyrus invites...very similar ones to the one i'm making are $615 for 100...i'll give you 10% off :thumbsup2 (what a deal :woohoo: ). i just did some quick math and discovered that we'll pay less than 1/5 of that cost...and i overestimated how much it'll cost to do them...amazing...

Thanks for the info, Caryn! Now I am not sure if I should be :cool1: about saving the $$ or :headache: over making 100+ invites! :laughing:

Lindsay22
03-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Seriously, I think this whole "wait till the 12 month mark before you can do ANYTHING" with our Disney Wedding is stupid. I want to start really planning NOW!! Seriously frustrating!
We have our meeting with the Roots tomorrow, I'll post after we're done

caryndisneydiva
03-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Seriously, I think this whole "wait till the 12 month mark before you can do ANYTHING" with our Disney Wedding is stupid. I want to start really planning NOW!! Seriously frustrating!

ok buddy. calm down. your ticker says 13 months 3 weeks. you have less than 2 months until you can "seriously plan." my zorr loves your pj. she'll be making an appearance soon!

meryll83
03-06-2008, 03:07 AM
Tell me about it!!

allie_to_you
03-06-2008, 08:39 AM

What did your dentist do to get rid of the space. I have a space between my front teeth & I hate it too, but short of getting braces that I can't afford, I didn't realize I had another option. What did it cost to get your gap fixed (if you don't mind me asking)

Lindsay22
03-06-2008, 09:20 AM
So tonight is our meeting with the Roots!!! Here is my list of questions so far:
1.) Prices/packages... can we mix and match a package?
2.) How many hours of photography will we need?
3.) Artistic shots and some posed shots?
4.) What about an album? Can you make one?
5.) How long should it take to get our pics back?
6.) Engagement pics?
7.) What about getting backstage at Epcot?
8.) Fireworks pics and pics in low light?
9.) Extra prices for photoshopping/special effects?

Do you girls think I've missed anything?

Goldeelox9
03-06-2008, 09:51 AM
So glad you have a PJ....Whyy I am so late finding this out, :confused3 Who knows! LOL

I love the invitations and I really love the bridesmaid dress! I can't wait to see your dress!

caryndisneydiva
03-06-2008, 10:35 AM
here are some that your dear darling sister has thought of

i'd just make sure that they are going to have 2 photographers there if you're paying for two
make sure you get a disc
engagement shoot?
what kind of album do you want (blurb-ish, renaissance?)

Lindsay22
03-06-2008, 10:52 AM
here are some that your dear darling sister has thought of

i'd just make sure that they are going to have 2 photographers there if you're paying for two
make sure you get a disc
engagement shoot?
what kind of album do you want (blurb-ish, renaissance?)

What is the difference between a blurb book and a renaissance book?
I want an album that is similar to mom and dad's but cooler.

caryndisneydiva
03-06-2008, 11:01 AM
the blurb book is what lurky had for her guest book with her engagement pictures. the renaissance album is what mom and dad have and it's what i'm making for myself!

lurkyloo
03-06-2008, 11:47 AM
9.) Extra prices for photoshopping/special effects?

I can answer that one! Jensey retouches ALL your photographs as part of their services. They don't charge extra for this. She takes a very subtle approach - except for a few that had the sepia plus a pop of color look, all of our photos were retouched as needed just to make them look better: brighter or softer or clearer (or with fewer under-eye bags :rotfl:). They don't pile on the cheesy Photoshop effects....

What is the difference between a blurb book and a renaissance book?
I want an album that is similar to mom and dad's but cooler.

A Blurb book is like a book you buy at the store - the pages are printed on a four-color press. A Renaissance album is actual photos printed on photo paper and bonded to the pages (usually one per page - it's not like a scrapbook). I want both because they are totally different looks... HTH!:thumbsup2

What did your dentist do to get rid of the space. I have a space between my front teeth & I hate it too, but short of getting braces that I can't afford, I didn't realize I had another option. What did it cost to get your gap fixed (if you don't mind me asking)

Allie - your dentist may be able to bond the space between your front teeth very easily and painlessly. This is what I had - it only took about 20 minutes. He just built up the facing sides of my front two teeth with this bonding plasticky stuff and dried it with a heat gun - very easy!

disneymeg
03-06-2008, 12:50 PM

well what happened with my teeth was a bunch of stuff. i needed a cap redone so he just redid the cap and then just added a bit to the side of my tooth with that bonding stuff and this gun that lights up. the whole thing took about an hour and im pretty happy. you should go for a consultation with your dentist and see what they have to say.

caryndisneydiva
03-06-2008, 01:16 PM
lin, what time is your meeting? oh, CHECK EBAY!

Lindsay22
03-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Caryn
I checked ebay and we're fine. I have a ridiculously high max bid in....
Our meeting is at 7:30 tonight

caryndisneydiva
03-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Caryn
I checked ebay and we're fine. I have a ridiculously high max bid in....
Our meeting is at 7:30 tonight

are you POSITIVE about that? it says you're not the high bidder...

caryndisneydiva
03-06-2008, 01:34 PM
here's the cake topper(s) i bought for 1/2 off online because i'm the best...

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/093794_wHR.jpghttp://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/093793_wHR.jpg

aren't the great! i can't wait to get them. they should be arriving soon. i'll post real pics when we get them. zorro already said she wanted to take a picture with them...

edit: i seriously think chris needs to wear sleeves like that on his big day. just a thought...

Lindsay22
03-06-2008, 09:13 PM

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/093794_wHR.jpghttp://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/093793_wHR.jpg

aren't the great! i can't wait to get them. they should be arriving soon. i'll post real pics when we get them. zorro already said she wanted to take a picture with them...

edit: i seriously think chris needs to wear sleeves like that on his big day. just a thought...

Caryn
Chris said that if you make him a cape like that he will wear the sleeves.
Our meeting with the Roots went really well. I'll post more later. It's bedtime now.

Briarprincess
03-06-2008, 09:41 PM

I've been a lurker on the boards for a while, and I'm working on my PJ now, but I just popped in and saw these.
I own both Phillip and Aurora, as well as Maleficent and I just have to say they are GORGEOUS in person! You're going to love them. They're so delicate and beautiful (not necessarily fragile though). If I had blonde hair, I would have loved to use these as the cake topper, but alas my brunette-ness prevents that.
Hope you enjoy them!

Chilly
03-07-2008, 06:53 AM
Just caught up on your PJ. You your ring, bridesmaids dresses and invites!

keenercam
03-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Lindsay -- So glad to hear the meeting went well. Can't wait to hear details.
Caryn -- those SB figurines are absolutely exquisite!

Lindsay22
03-08-2008, 07:31 AM
I've been a lurker on the boards for a while, and I'm working on my PJ now, but I just popped in and saw these.
I own both Phillip and Aurora, as well as Maleficent and I just have to say they are GORGEOUS in person! You're going to love them. They're so delicate and beautiful (not necessarily fragile though). If I had blonde hair, I would have loved to use these as the cake topper, but alas my brunette-ness prevents that.
Hope you enjoy them!

Thanks! I've loved these for years (I have tons of Sleeping Beauty figurines... but not these) I'm a brunette too, but it was more important to me that Sleeping Beauty be on my cake rather than a person that looks like me! DF was pretty amused by Prince Phillip. He mentioned (several times) that he doesn't look like Phillip.

Just caught up on your PJ. You your ring, bridesmaids dresses and invites!

Thanks! I love my ring!!!

Lindsay -- So glad to hear the meeting went well. Can't wait to hear details.
Caryn -- those SB figurines are absolutely exquisite!

Okay Cam, here are the details.
We met the Roots at the "new Starbucks" across the street from Celebration. (Side note: I love that they have "skinny" drinks now, perfect for future brides) It was pouring rain and we go there early. We sat down and as soon as they walked in we started. They brought samples of their albums and showed us several different slideshows of engagements and weddings. They are SOOOOOOOO nice.
They also pointed us in the direction of this cool theatre in Tampa that plays old movies. Which is seriously, so me. Loved that. DF got in the car and decided that we didn't need to meet with anyone else because he liked them so much.
So I think our final decision is made, but I want to sit on it for a little longer.

Oh! They LOVED Carrie and Patrick!!! They were so excited that I've seen their pictures!

I sent FMIL to Carrie's TR to see some pics and I'll send my mother there eventually, it's important to me that our families like the pictures too.

Lindsay22
03-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Today we took our friend Z to Hollywood Studios (which he liked) and on the way home we stopped at the Disney outlet. Caryn told me that they had the Happily Ever After shirt there. So we're in the outlet, I have my shirt and then I found this super cute white tank with a sparkly tiara!! So I got that too! THEN we found these reasonably cute picture frames, they had Mickey and a castle and said something like "where dreams come true" or "where magic lives".. and they were only $2.99. I ALMOST bought 100 of them for favors. Then DF said that we weren't sure how many people we were going to have and we didn't want 30 extra picture frames laying around the house. Then he reminded me that we are moving in the summer and we werent going to want to move them. Both true. So we didn't get them. But it's good to know that we could get something like that down the road if we needed to.

I also ordered a sweatshirt last week that says Future Mrs. which came in!! YAY!! I was excited.

Here is a pic of my super cute new hoodie

My Happily Ever After shirt
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding012.jpg

And my fun sparkly tiara shirt
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding013.jpg

newyearsbride
03-09-2008, 08:27 PM
All of them are cute, but I really really love your hoodie!

keenercam
03-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Lindsay-- How awesome that you both liked the Roots! :woohoo: One less worry as soon as you decide whether to even look further. It's bad if you have to keep looking because you don't like who you've found. But if you decided to keep looking just to assure yourself you couldn't like anyone better, that's a good thing! LOL!

Great outlet finds! I wish there were one near here!

Poohnatic
03-09-2008, 10:30 PM
You know, you could take a seam ripper to the 'Future' after you're married and still wear the hoodie.

If you're not sure how to do it, I live nearby and I could do that for you! :lmao:

Great finds!

Suzanne

Keira1387
03-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Wow, looks like you got some great deals! I love the tank with the tiara on it!

Bouncy bounce
03-09-2008, 11:29 PM

I wanted to get that shirt next time i went. Is it no longer in the parks? Where is the outlet?

Lynn5700
03-09-2008, 11:32 PM
AWWW love the shirts!!!! Wish I lived near the outlet :( Where did you get your sweatshirt?

Lindsay22
03-10-2008, 09:29 AM
All of them are cute, but I really really love your hoodie!
Thank you!!! I love it too!!!

Lindsay-- How awesome that you both liked the Roots! :woohoo: One less worry as soon as you decide whether to even look further. It's bad if you have to keep looking because you don't like who you've found. But if you decided to keep looking just to assure yourself you couldn't like anyone better, that's a good thing! LOL!

Great outlet finds! I wish there were one near here!
Thanks Cam! I've recently become obsessed with this outlet mall. It also has the Nike outlet (which is great for our running!!!) OH!! And it has all of the merchandise from the 2008 marathon. (DF promised to buy me the picture frame if I cross the finish line and don't get swept up by the sweepers... I really need to run tonight!)

You know, you could take a seam ripper to the 'Future' after you're married and still wear the hoodie.

If you're not sure how to do it, I live nearby and I could do that for you! :lmao:

Great finds!

Suzanne
Thanks Suzanne, I thought about doing that.

Wow, looks like you got some great deals! I love the tank with the tiara on it!
Isn't that the cutest? I almost bought the black one at full price, but I am THRILLED with the white one.

I wanted to get that shirt next time i went. Is it no longer in the parks? Where is the outlet?

I don't know if it's still in the parks. Caryn had mentioned that the shirt was in the outlets... The outlets are exit 68 off of I-4. (It's right by College Program housing.) I will look the next time I'm in DTD and see if the shirts are still there.

AWWW love the shirts!!!! Wish I lived near the outlet :( Where did you get your sweatshirt?
I looked and looked and looked for this shirt. I finally found the cheapest place possible and for the life of me I don't remember the name of the website. It was purple something. It cost about $50. It's not a thick/heavy NJ sweatshirt. It's PERFECT for Florida. AND It came in after only a week!! You should totally get one!

Pam
03-10-2008, 10:38 AM

The Knot has something similar, but not as nice as Lindsay's:

http://weddingshop.theknot.com/weddingwarehouse/SubCategory.aspx?scId=SweatsandPJs(KnotShop)&cId=Apparel(KnotShop)

I was thinking -- if you have a local sportswear shop you may be able to have them custom embroider a sweatshirt for you.

newyearsbride
03-10-2008, 11:25 AM
The Knot has something similar, but not as nice as Lindsay's:

http://weddingshop.theknot.com/weddingwarehouse/SubCategory.aspx?scId=SweatsandPJs(KnotShop)&cId=Apparel(KnotShop)

I was thinking -- if you have a local sportswear shop you may be able to have them custom embroider a sweatshirt for you.

I know you can go to customizedgirl.com too, they're a little bit cheaper than theknot I think.

Lindsay22
03-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Th
I think this is a great idea. I was going to go to the little mall kiosks, but decided it was easier to do online.

I know you can go to customizedgirl.com too, they're a little bit cheaper than theknot I think.
I think the knot is overpriced and I didn't like that some of the knot girls were nasty to our disbrides. I didn't know this website existed though!! Cool!

NOW BIG BIG BIG BIG NEWS!!!!!!!:wizard: :cheer2:

As you all know I'm having a Sleeping Beauty theme. Well I have just won my ebay auction for the guest book!!!!!!!! :banana: :dance3:
If you've ever seen the movie, they start by opening a big gold ornate book. Several years ago they made one, which wasn't a book, more of a box... that looks like it and of COURSE, they discontinued it. Well I found it on ebay and I won!!!
Here is the pic from the ebay auction (I'll post a real pic when I get it)
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/dfac_2.jpg

Now, here's the question: What do I give the guests to write on? It's only a box, so I want to have it displayed with pens and something to write on next to it. Ideally, I'd like to use some sort of index card (but not so boring) so that I can keep all the cards and then put some wedding stuff in the box too. (Like DF's bout, or my necklace or something)
So what do we think?

dislovr
03-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Oo0 I love it!!! It looks just like in the movie! Well I would think of looking on line for antique looking index cards. Like with the browned edge and browned spots. If you can't find any they are really really easy to do yourself. Just look online for instructions I know i've done it before to different things. Just a suggestion.

OceanGdss
03-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Such a cute book! I would definately try using "wish cards". Try finding some cute antique-y cards. :)

caryndisneydiva
03-10-2008, 06:30 PM
oh good! i'm glad you won it! i can make you pages like the ones that were in mine, kind of like mad libs...we can put disney characters on them too!

lurkyloo
03-10-2008, 07:07 PM
This is not very fairytale-y, but you could do the Polaroid thing where people take pix of themeselves and write on the back, then put them in the box....

Kristinella
03-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Well I found it :goodvibes . I followed Caryn's PJ and I love what you added to hers so I can't wait to see what you will do for your own!!! Must say that I like your plans so far, sounds like you have a lot coming together already :thumbsup2 . LOVE LOVE LOVE the guest book!!! How wonderful, you can get really pretty paper maybe some sort that is almost like handmade paper and try discoloring it using tea bags, I am sure that you can research that online, what can't you research on here now a days?

Can't wait for more and to see all of your plans come together! Looks like it will be 13 months of fun chit chat and Caryn's wedding crafts :rotfl: . Seriously though I LOVE what Caryn did with the invites...way to take that design and personalize it just the way you want, wonderful.

waiting for another post popcorn::

caryndisneydiva
03-10-2008, 09:26 PM
zorro FINALLY felt up to picture taking this evening and so i am able to share with all of you pics of the cake toppers!!!

here's zorro upon her initial approach to the prince and princess
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/100_0824.jpg

here she is, inspecting the scene behind them (i THINK she might be sniffing someone's booty back there...)
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/100_0826.jpg

and finally, PICTURE TIME!!!
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/100_0827.jpg

i think they look quite nice, but zorro, of course, is my favorite and looks just FABULOUS!!!

Briarrose09
03-10-2008, 09:39 PM
That book is amazing! I would use it like the "wishing jar" but with the antique index cards like someone else mentioned. Although.... it would be really unique IF your sister made you mad lib like cards with Disney Characters but only use characters from Sleeping Beauty. Like Aurora, her mother, Prince Phillip, each of the faries seperately and then together... you get the idea...

romymichelle21
03-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Ok - I realize I've just been lurking on your thread so far - but HI :goodvibes and omg! :eek: I love that box!!

I've been looking for that since it came out a few years ago! I can never find it on Ebay - what keywords did you use, or does the seller have more? I can imagine the bidding war :rolleyes1

(That was always one of my fav parts of the movie - the opening scene with the book :lovestruc)

Chilly
03-11-2008, 11:36 AM
That box is wonderful!

lov2b@disney
03-11-2008, 11:47 AM
What a beautiful box!

Lindsay22
03-11-2008, 06:51 PM
zorro FINALLY felt up to picture taking this evening and so i am able to share with all of you pics of the cake toppers!!!

here's zorro upon her initial approach to the prince and princess
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/100_0824.jpg

here she is, inspecting the scene behind them (i THINK she might be sniffing someone's booty back there...)
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/100_0826.jpg

and finally, PICTURE TIME!!!
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/100_0827.jpg

i think they look quite nice, but zorro, of course, is my favorite and looks just FABULOUS!!!

Caryn
There is something seriously wrong with you :confused3
Those cake toppers are beautiful
Cordelia is jealous that her cousin Zorro is on my PJ and she isn't. Cordelia and I will have to have a photo shoot soon

caryndisneydiva
03-11-2008, 07:01 PM
my child is so beautiful!

Lindsay22
03-12-2008, 11:08 AM
This is not very fairytale-y, but you could do the Polaroid thing where people take pix of themeselves and write on the back, then put them in the box....
Do you think that a.) people would do that and b.) that a poloroid camera would work in low light?
I like this idea. How can we change it. Can I request that everyone send me a picutre of themselves?

Well I found it :goodvibes . I followed Caryn's PJ and I love what you added to hers so I can't wait to see what you will do for your own!!! Must say that I like your plans so far, sounds like you have a lot coming together already :thumbsup2 . LOVE LOVE LOVE the guest book!!! How wonderful, you can get really pretty paper maybe some sort that is almost like handmade paper and try discoloring it using tea bags, I am sure that you can research that online, what can't you research on here now a days?

Can't wait for more and to see all of your plans come together! Looks like it will be 13 months of fun chit chat and Caryn's wedding crafts :rotfl: . Seriously though I LOVE what Caryn did with the invites...way to take that design and personalize it just the way you want, wonderful.

waiting for another post popcorn::

Welcome! Yes, Caryn's already begun the crafts. It's a bit frightening really

Ok - I realize I've just been lurking on your thread so far - but HI :goodvibes and omg! :eek: I love that box!!

I've been looking for that since it came out a few years ago! I can never find it on Ebay - what keywords did you use, or does the seller have more? I can imagine the bidding war :rolleyes1

(That was always one of my fav parts of the movie - the opening scene with the book :lovestruc)

I have been looking on ebay for years. I think this was listed in Disneyana.

That box is wonderful!
Thank you!

What a beautiful box!

Thank you! I can't wait to get it and post real pics of it!!

jnale
03-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Very unique guestbook!!:thumbsup2

ampooh
03-12-2008, 12:12 PM
I love all the plans you have made so far. You are going to have an amazing wedding.

lurkyloo
03-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Do you think that a.) people would do that and b.) that a poloroid camera would work in low light?
I like this idea. How can we change it. Can I request that everyone send me a picutre of themselves?

I think if you made (or had Caryn make! :cutie:) a cute little sign telling people how to do it, they'd get the idea. I also think it would work in low light b/c the camera has a flash and the pix are taken at close range. Alternatively, I've seen weddings where they set up a digital camera linked to a photo printer, but that seems like a whole lotta work and maybe kinda complicated for the grandmas... :rotfl:

I have also heard of brides requesting pix from everyone beforehand, but do you really want to add that to your (or Caryn's!) To Do list?

disneymeg
03-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Lin - those polariod cameras are really hard to find these days. I heard on the news last night that they arent even making film anymore. SO this is my idea .. you can leave disposable cameras on the table with numbers on them. then leave nice note cards on teh table and ask the people to write a message to you and what camera they took their pictures with. Then after your wedding you can get teh cameras developed and taht would make matching teh person with their photo easier. Then just use glue or double sided tape to put the note card and picture together (back of photo to back to notecard). what do you think???

Goldeelox9
03-12-2008, 01:05 PM
I love your book! I also love that you and Caryn share the same Disney love....My sister does not have it!:confused3

caryndisneydiva
03-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Lin - those polariod cameras are really hard to find these days. I heard on the news last night that they arent even making film anymore. SO this is my idea .. you can leave disposable cameras on the table with numbers on them. then leave nice note cards on teh table and ask the people to write a message to you and what camera they took their pictures with. Then after your wedding you can get teh cameras developed and taht would make matching teh person with their photo easier. Then just use glue or double sided tape to put the note card and picture together (back of photo to back to notecard). what do you think???

meg, the only problem with that is the pics that came from my disposable cameras were worthless...

i have a photo printer that works with my camera...we can make someone (mark, nana katz?) take the pics at the ceremony and then print them before the reception?

romymichelle21
03-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Why don't you rent one of those photo booths? A little more expensive than disposable cameras or polaroids - but I hear they're well worth it :goodvibes

One of the other wedding gals (name escapes me for a moment!) recommended this one: http://www.partybooths.com/index.htm

Lindsay22
03-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Very unique guestbook!!:thumbsup2
Thanks!

I love all the plans you have made so far. You are going to have an amazing wedding.
I hope so! Imagine if we all put all of this work in and it was horrible :scared1:

I think if you made (or had Caryn make! :cutie:) a cute little sign telling people how to do it, they'd get the idea. I also think it would work in low light b/c the camera has a flash and the pix are taken at close range. Alternatively, I've seen weddings where they set up a digital camera linked to a photo printer, but that seems like a whole lotta work and maybe kinda complicated for the grandmas... :rotfl:

I have also heard of brides requesting pix from everyone beforehand, but do you really want to add that to your (or Caryn's!) To Do list?
I love how you put my to do list and caryn's to do list together.... that's so right!!!

Lin - those polariod cameras are really hard to find these days. I heard on the news last night that they arent even making film anymore.
Really!!! I heard that Kodak isn't going to make regular film anymore

I love your book! I also love that you and Caryn share the same Disney love....My sister does not have it!:confused3
Thank you! It's really nice that my sisters and I have Disney love

meg, the only problem with that is the pics that came from my disposable cameras were worthless...

i have a photo printer that works with my camera...we can make someone (mark, nana katz?) take the pics at the ceremony and then print them before the reception?
I thought that with your cameras.... This whole picture thing seems complicated. Let's go back to the drawing board on this. :teacher: (the closest I can find to a drawing board)

lurkyloo
03-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Lin - those polariod cameras are really hard to find these days. I heard on the news last night that they arent even making film anymore.

http://photography.search.ebay.com/Polaroid-instant_Film-Cameras_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR40QQsac atZ15230

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=Polaroid+instant&category0=

eBay, baby! :thumbsup2

disneymeg
03-12-2008, 03:27 PM
we could just use someones digital and make a cd out of it that way lin could go to target and get them printed. Same basic idea but very 2008ish. I like the photo booth idea too. Maybe a bit pricey but Lin since you arent having a videographer .. a photo booth might not be so bad. Think about it. i mean i think the picture idea is too good to let go so .. we should def go back to the drawing board and think this through a bit. think think think

Lindsay22
03-12-2008, 04:10 PM
http://photography.search.ebay.com/Polaroid-instant_Film-Cameras_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR40QQsac atZ15230

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=Polaroid+instant&category0=

eBay, baby! :thumbsup2

I love ebay!!! The other day I was like this :surfweb: with my book!!!

romymichelle21
03-12-2008, 05:59 PM
I love ebay!!! The other day I was like this :surfweb: with my book!!!

Ahhh, Ebay. A DisBride's best friend.

(I'm not even one yet myself and I know that! :rotfl:)

romymichelle21
03-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Speaking of Ebay - there's some pretty cool Sleeping Beauty snowglobes and stuff there ;)

Lindsay22
03-12-2008, 07:17 PM
stupid double posts!

Lindsay22
03-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Chris and I have gotten several fun packages in the mail this week.... But first. My baby girl Cordelia was soooo upset that cousin Zorro made her way into Mommy's PJ that she INSISTED we do a photo shoot.
Here is Mommy's beautiful little girl
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding014.jpg

The first package was two nights ago. Chris and I never get knocks on the door so needless to say we were surprised when someone knocked in the middle of dinner. It was the UPS man with a package from B&N for Chris. We didn't order anything.... maybe it's a mistake? :confused3 Nope!! It's from the Best Man (Dave) it was a copy of the Idiots guide to being a Groom and My Big Fat Greek Wedding
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding015-1.jpg

That was seriously sooo nice of Dave and totally unexpected!! I'm so happy that Chris picked him as best man. I know he's going to do a great job!!!

Then today in the mail I got a package from BM Mary!! She made me a bridal binder with timelines and everything (which rocks and I totally needed) and sent me her copy of the bridal bargains book (which Carrie mentioned on another thread)
The Book
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding016.jpg

Cordelia really liked it
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding017.jpg

And the binder (yes ladies... Mary who is not a Disney fanatic went out and bought a Disney Princess binder princess: she wins)
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding019-1.jpg

I think Cordelia wishes she were the bride
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding018-1.jpg

I can't wait to read thru my whole binder and book!!! Yay for mail that isn't bills!

lurkyloo
03-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Hooray! I think every bride should read Bridal Bargains, although Disney brides can skip the part about how not to get scammed by your caterer and cake baker. But it saved me $800 on my wedding dress!

Cordelia is adorable! :cutie:

Lindsay22
03-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Hooray! I think every bride should read Bridal Bargains, although Disney brides can skip the part about how not to get scammed by your caterer and cake baker. But it saved me $800 on my wedding dress!

Cordelia is adorable! :cutie:

I was reading it last night about how bridal shops cut the tags out of dresses and sell samples at full price and all I could think was "that happened to Amanda!!!" If I didn't "know" someone who actually had that happen I would NEVER have believed it!

lov2b@disney
03-13-2008, 01:28 PM
What a nice surprise! Thats so thoughtful!

Cute kitty!:goodvibes:

PrincessBride010103
03-13-2008, 01:57 PM
I was reading it last night about how bridal shops cut the tags out of dresses and sell samples at full price and all I could think was "that happened to Amanda!!!" If I didn't "know" someone who actually had that happen I would NEVER have believed it!

:sad: WAAAAAAAAA! stupid bridal salons...
Wish I read that darn book

newyearsbride
03-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Oooh I love getting fun stuff in the mail, how fun:banana: Oh, and the kitty is a cutie pie!

caryndisneydiva
03-13-2008, 11:48 PM

sheisters :scared1: !

Lindsay22
03-17-2008, 08:16 AM
This weekend I flew back to NJ to surprise BM Mary at HER bridal shower (her wedding is one month from tomorrow :bride: ) I flew in on Friday and the shower was Sunday so I used Saturday to get some wedding stuff done. I asked my mother to call her mother and sisters and have them come over so that I could try on Gram's dress and take some pictures. So Saturday afternoon my aunt's come over, and after discussing EVERYONE on the board (which, BTW, I thought was hilarious :rotfl: that they read all of your PJ's and TR's) we watched the full version of Caryn's wedding video (which was lovely, but really cemented me on the fact that we don't want a video. I sound weird on tape) Then it was time for me to try on the dress.

First, let me state that this dress weighs a TON! I don't know how my grandmother wore it for a whole day in JUNE! Seriously, I would have died.
This is the best pic I have of the dress itself.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding020-1.jpg

The top of the dress
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding021-1.jpg

The lace appliques (sp)
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding022.jpg

The buttons
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding023-1.jpg

Okay, so now you have a general idea what the dress looks like right now. I tried it on and immediately my arms and chest started to itch. This dress has been sitting in a box for 55 years and hasn't been cleaned. So I assume that's why but whoa! I was miserable. I actually started turning red and over heating (I felt like Carrie in the Sex and the City epidsode where Miranda makes her try on the "bad wedding dress" and she starts screaming "Just RIP IT! JUST RIP IT OFF!!!") It was seriously, that hot. So we tried to button one or two of the buttons, just to see how it would fit. Of course the buttons don't button and the sheer fabric in the back of the dress starts to tear slightly, so we went with my aunt just holding it in.

Here is what I want to do: I am not a lace person. I don't want to be covered in lace on my wedding day. The satin under all that lace is GORGEOUS. Just beautiful... It's yellowed a bit (to which DF said "You're going to wear a YELLOW dress???? And I replied that really, it's more like Ivory) I don't really care about the yellowing. I like that satin. I want to take the existing skirt and keep it pretty much the way it is. (A big ball skirt) I think it might be a little too short so maybe I'll use some of the lace and make a trim. The top is another question. My mother really likes the original top of the dress. DF and I don't. (There is this netting stuff that creates the sweatheart neckline that DF said looked "like I was stuffing my bra" :rotfl2: which isn't really the look I'm going for.) So originally I was just going to take that out. Then I realized that the top of the dress doesn't close and would need to be let out. (A little backstory. Gram wore the dress in 1954 and then lent it to her neighbor Jeannie Falletti who had it altered and taken in. Jeannie Falletti must have been a skeleton....) There is a lot of seam allowance that I thought I could use, until I realized that the seams would be a different color because they hadn't been exposed to light. I also have gram's slip, which is covered in the same satin. So I'm hoping they can make that into a top and then attach it to the bottom. With the extra lace, I'm going to make a little bolero, something to wear either in the ceremony, or more likely, outside during the reception. I thought my aunts were going to faint when I said that I was getting rid of the lace!!!
I don't think I articulated well enough that I want my wedding dress to look like MY wedding dress. Something modern and nice that I could buy in a store but that also happens to be the same dress that my grandmother wore. I don't want to look like I'm wearing my grandmother's wedding dress. I don't think I said that right... I was a little overwhelmed and seriously hot.

Right before I took the dress off we did a recreation of the Grand Floridian shot in my hallway.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/Carynswedding025.jpg

I have the name of a person in Sarasota who was recommended by two people in NJ who specialize in wedding dress restoration. I'm going to call and make an appt. and see what they say.

After all of this, I finally put the dress in vacuum seal bags and put it in my suitcase. I literally had to sit on this suitcase to get it to zip FSIL is on spring break this week and got on the same flight as me going home, as she is staying with us (a really rockin' spring break, I have to say... :beach: ) so she met me at Mary's shower and we went to the airport. We are about to board and the nasty flight checkin lady tries to tell me that I have to CHECK THE SUITCASE WITH MY GRANDMOTHER"S WEDDING DRESS!!!!!!!!!! Well on the list of things that were not about to happen, this was number 1. I nastily informed the lady that there was no WAY I was checking it and that I would make it fit. (I did).

We got home and there were two boxes of stuff from Caryn which I will take pictures of later.... We're taking FSIL to Ohana for breakfast this morning (YUMMO) and showing her the WP....

So, what do we think about the dress plan? Is it okay? Should I utilize more of the lace? I didn't realize how confusing, overwhelming and stressful this would be.

newyearsbride
03-17-2008, 08:30 AM
I adore the fact that you are wearing your grandmother's dress! It's very beautiful IMO. Aside from the coloring and the sweetheart neckline, that dress is gorgeous. I love your plans for restoring it, and I definitely agree with maybe getting rid of some of the lace, but I can't say enough about how beautiful the dress is! I can't wait to see the end product!

irisbud
03-17-2008, 10:07 AM
That dress is beautiful! Your plans for it sound wonderful and I think it is lovely that you will be able to use it. I'm sure it will look great when you have finished with it.

When I was a little girl, my grandma always used to tell me that I could use her wedding dress when I got married. That didn't work out so well, since Grandma was 4'8", and I am about a foot taller! So, I have her wedding band instead, which we have resized to make it my wedding band.

Can't wait to read more!

Mermaid_Ariel
03-17-2008, 10:19 AM
I think that's so special that you're honoring her in that way. :goodvibes Do you have any pictures to share of your Grandmother wearing the dress, too? You look so lovely!

caryndisneydiva
03-17-2008, 10:31 AM
look at this pic i've been saving for your dress inspiration...this is a demetrios dress
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/dressinspiration.jpg

here are my preliminary thoughts

1. maybe they can make the top a corset lace up top in the back and use that bra stuffing lace to make a privacy panel. that way, you get rid of the lace in the front, but still have the feel of the dress, which is beautiful
2. the bolero is a good idea i think for the ceremony, you'll be warm during the dp
3. it DOES have a train. i just knew it did
4. a simple veil will go best and i bet you could use the lace to make a veil
5. is it meant to be worn with a crinnie?
6. i like the sleeves.
7. how will you bustle it?

Chilly
03-17-2008, 10:35 AM
The dress is lovely, I'm sure a professional will be able to help you restore and make it your own.

Lovely surprises in the post.

Your eBay find led me to having a look and I ended up buying this...

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Cutter2.jpg http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Cutter1.jpg

Its not arrived yet though.

ampooh
03-17-2008, 11:45 AM
I love that you are going to where your grandmother's dress. It is a beautiful dress too. I think Caryn's inspration dress is perfect....an inspiration to let you know it can and will be done and be YOUR dress.

Caryn you had some breat ideas to use the lace for the veil and a corset back may be the way to help the fit.

I can't wait until you take it to the restoration places and see what they tell you.

If you do not want a video then you should not waste the money on it.

FIREFLY01
03-17-2008, 01:22 PM
It Is Wonderful You Have Your Grandmas Dress To Wear, I Love The Ideas Both You And Caryn Have Of Using Different Parts Of The Dress In Other Ways, Its Gonna Be Beautiful! It Is Now!

My Grandma Used To Do Hand Embrodery (sp) On Hankies, Well My Aunt Had One, I Got To Carry Wrapped Around The Stems Of My Flowers, It Was Nice To "have" Her With Me In A Way On That Day!!

AuroraBorealis
03-17-2008, 02:19 PM
That dress is gorgeous! I hope the restyling works out for you.

Sometimes cleaning the gown will restore it to the original color and then you could use the seam allowances. My best friend restyled her mother's dress-- it had yellowed over the years but she threw the gown into her bathtub with some Woolite and let it soak overnight and when she rinsed it out the next day, it was good as new! Of course, she knew she was taking a BIG, HUGE risk doing this but it worked for her. Her gown was not satin and lace, though, so I wouldn't recommend you try this at home with such delicate fabrics. I hope the gown restoration company can help you with yours!

I've been mostly lurking on your PJ. Everything looks fantastic so far! I love the Sleeping Beauty box and cake toppers -- what great finds!

malexan611
03-17-2008, 03:38 PM
It was great to see you at the shower Linds, thank you again everything was wonderful! I wish I could have seen you more. As a sidenote, if you do not have a shower you can not have the great sleeping beauty champange flutes I bought you. If I knew how to put up a picture I would.
Since working on your wedding is so much less stressful then planning my own, I called the dress restorer and discribed the dress and it's degree of yellowing. He said he should be able to make it white and probably get the lace off, but no promises till he sees it.
Thanks again for everything this weekend!!

caryndisneydiva
03-17-2008, 08:13 PM
It was great to see you at the shower Linds, thank you again everything was wonderful! I wish I could have seen you more. As a sidenote, if you do not have a shower you can not have the great sleeping beauty champange flutes I bought you. If I knew how to put up a picture I would.
Since working on your wedding is so much less stressful then planning my own, I called the dress restorer and discribed the dress and it's degree of yellowing. He said he should be able to make it white and probably get the lace off, but no promises till he sees it.

MARY! glad to see you on here. you need 10 posts before you can post pics...so get to posting and i agree...planning lindsay's wedding is MUCH less stressful than planning our own!

edit: WHERE IS MY CAKE????????

Lindsay22
03-17-2008, 08:51 PM

Yay! Mary! Welcome to my PJ!!!! Sometime hopefully this week I'll make an appt with the restoration people.

mermaidbride1108
03-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Lindsay, I love your theme!

And I really like your dress, when I saw it, I thought right away it looks like Sleeping Beauty's dress with the sleeves but then I read your changing it so nevermind:rotfl: But it is beautiful.
Can't wait to read more:surfweb:

Goldeelox9
03-17-2008, 09:38 PM
What a pretty dress! YOu are going to look sooo pretty on your wedding day!

Lindsay22
03-18-2008, 11:21 AM
I adore the fact that you are wearing your grandmother's dress! It's very beautiful IMO. Aside from the coloring and the sweetheart neckline, that dress is gorgeous. I love your plans for restoring it, and I definitely agree with maybe getting rid of some of the lace, but I can't say enough about how beautiful the dress is! I can't wait to see the end product!
Thank you! I love the general shape of the dress, it's so classic... but yeah, seriously some of that lace has to go!

When I was a little girl, my grandma always used to tell me that I could use her wedding dress when I got married. That didn't work out so well, since Grandma was 4'8", and I am about a foot taller! So, I have her wedding band instead, which we have resized to make it my wedding band.
[QUOTE]
My mother has the same problem. She's 5ft tall! I told her that we'll use her wedding dress for a first communion dress. :rotfl:

[QUOTE=Mermaid_Ariel;23844323]I think that's so special that you're honoring her in that way. :goodvibes Do you have any pictures to share of your Grandmother wearing the dress, too? You look so lovely!
I asked Gram for some pictures, hopefully she'll mail them and I'll post them (HINT HINT GRAM)

look at this pic i've been saving for your dress inspiration...this is a demetrios dress
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/caryncraig/dressinspiration.jpg

here are my preliminary thoughts

1. maybe they can make the top a corset lace up top in the back and use that bra stuffing lace to make a privacy panel. that way, you get rid of the lace in the front, but still have the feel of the dress, which is beautiful
2. the bolero is a good idea i think for the ceremony, you'll be warm during the dp
3. it DOES have a train. i just knew it did
4. a simple veil will go best and i bet you could use the lace to make a veil
5. is it meant to be worn with a crinnie?
6. i like the sleeves.
7. how will you bustle it?

Caryn, I like that dress, but I'm concerned that my movements will be restricted in a neckline like that. (What if I suddenly feel the need to lift my arms all the way up?!?)
1.) If I do a corset, then I can't have the buttons. I like the buttons (with a zipper)
2.) I'm excited about the bolero. I think I'm going to see if they can take the original sleeves (also with buttons) and have them be the sleeves of the dress.
3.) Yes, it has a train. I'm def going to shorten it.
4.) We'll see on the veil. I don't know yet.
5.) Yes, I tried it on with yours on Sunday night.
6.) See comment 2
7.) It depends on if I keep the train or not.

The dress is lovely, I'm sure a professional will be able to help you restore and make it your own.

Lovely surprises in the post.

Your eBay find led me to having a look and I ended up buying this...

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Cutter2.jpg http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Chilly80/Cutter1.jpg

Its not arrived yet though.
LOVE THEM!!! Seriously, what did people do without ebay

I love that you are going to where your grandmother's dress. It is a beautiful dress too. I think Caryn's inspration dress is perfect....an inspiration to let you know it can and will be done and be YOUR dress.

Caryn you had some breat ideas to use the lace for the veil and a corset back may be the way to help the fit.

I can't wait until you take it to the restoration places and see what they tell you.

If you do not want a video then you should not waste the money on it.
Thank you! I'll post lots of pics and a full report from the restoration place

It Is Wonderful You Have Your Grandmas Dress To Wear, I Love The Ideas Both You And Caryn Have Of Using Different Parts Of The Dress In Other Ways, Its Gonna Be Beautiful! It Is Now!

My Grandma Used To Do Hand Embrodery (sp) On Hankies, Well My Aunt Had One, I Got To Carry Wrapped Around The Stems Of My Flowers, It Was Nice To "have" Her With Me In A Way On That Day!!
See, now thats an idea. Maybe I'll take some of the lace and use it to make hankies for Gram, Mom, Aunt's etc...

That dress is gorgeous! I hope the restyling works out for you.

Sometimes cleaning the gown will restore it to the original color and then you could use the seam allowances. My best friend restyled her mother's dress-- it had yellowed over the years but she threw the gown into her bathtub with some Woolite and let it soak overnight and when she rinsed it out the next day, it was good as new! Of course, she knew she was taking a BIG, HUGE risk doing this but it worked for her. Her gown was not satin and lace, though, so I wouldn't recommend you try this at home with such delicate fabrics. I hope the gown restoration company can help you with yours!

I've been mostly lurking on your PJ. Everything looks fantastic so far! I love the Sleeping Beauty box and cake toppers -- what great finds!
OH MY GOD I THINK I'D DIE!!! SHE PUT THE DRESS IN WOOLITE!?!! Forget that, I couldn't even die. My mother would KILL ME!! I'm SOOOOOO glad it worked out for her! Talk about stress

edit: WHERE IS MY CAKE????????
Caryn, you are weird.

Lindsay, I love your theme!

And I really like your dress, when I saw it, I thought right away it looks like Sleeping Beauty's dress with the sleeves but then I read your changing it so nevermind:rotfl: But it is beautiful.
Can't wait to read more:surfweb:
Thanks!

What a pretty dress! YOu are going to look sooo pretty on your wedding day!
Thanks!

Thanks everyone for all of your comments and support. I'm really excited about this, but also REALLY nervous. I'll let you all know what the people say. I also have my site visit and a meeting with Randy on Friday so I'll post about that as well.

Lindsay22
03-18-2008, 11:59 AM
If anyone is interested, the book I bought on ebay is up again. It's more than I paid for it... but I personally think it's worth it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Sleeping-Beauty-Storybook-Treasure-Box-JEWELS_W0QQitemZ140216596199QQihZ004QQcategoryZ358 54QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I haven't gotten mine yet so I still can't comment on the quality or whatever but everyone says they're fabulous

romymichelle21
03-18-2008, 04:36 PM
If anyone is interested, the book I bought on ebay is up again. It's more than I paid for it... but I personally think it's worth it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Sleeping-Beauty-Storybook-Treasure-Box-JEWELS_W0QQitemZ140216596199QQihZ004QQcategoryZ358 54QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I haven't gotten mine yet so I still can't comment on the quality or whatever but everyone says they're fabulous

Omg!! :eek: I wannit!

That's a lot of money, though :( Maybe Santa will bring me one. For my birthday. In June :rotfl:

Goldeelox9
03-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Oh the book is so amazing...totally worth it!

Lindsay22
03-19-2008, 09:59 AM
I need to stop checking ebay :surfweb: ...
There is a SECOND Sleeping Beauty book out there. This one is Buy it now at $300 or best offer. I'm not sure what that really means but anyway, now if there are two of you out there you can each have a book!

Lindsay22
03-19-2008, 04:10 PM
A slow day at works leads to me :surfweb: at the desk looking for wedding dress inspiration pics.

I think I could do a top like this
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/untitled.jpg

Or like this
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/jh8813_x1.jpg

Then maybe I could make my jacket like this
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/2223b.jpg

I don't remember if I wrote that I was concerned that the original dress was too short... if it is I think we can do something like this to remedy that.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/3000b.jpg

I'm back and forth about a sash. I like them (which I guess is obvious being that all of my inspiration pics have the sash....) but I don't need one. I think the girls will wear them...
IF ECOON IS READING THIS: DO YOU HAVE A PIC OF YOUR BM'S FROM THE BACK??
Yes, I realize that's an odd request. Here's the story. I love the dresses that she picked and Caryn and I scoured the internet trying to find them and then she posted that they were David's Bridal. So Claudia and I went to David's Bridal Monday night and tried on the skirt which I really liked from the front, but was less than overjoyed with from the back. It had some weird bustley thing... So if she has a pic of them, I could see it in real life.

I also might be changing my mind on the BM dress color. Maybe Navy Blue and bright pink.... I don't know.

newyearsbride
03-19-2008, 04:18 PM
A slow day at works leads to me :surfweb: at the desk looking for wedding dress inspiration pics.

I think I could do a top like this
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s131/lindsayacraig/untitled.jpg

Or like this

I don't remember if I wrote that I was concerned that the original dress was too short... if it is I think we can do something like this to remedy that.

I'm back and forth about a sash. I like them (which I guess is obvious being that all of my inspiration pics have the sash....) but I don't need one. I think the girls will wear them...
IF ECOON IS READING THIS: DO YOU HAVE A PIC OF YOUR BM'S FROM THE BACK??
Yes, I realize that's an odd request. Here's the story. I love the dresses that she picked and Caryn and I scoured the internet trying to find them and then she posted that they were David's Bridal. So Claudia and I went to David's Bridal Monday night and tried on the skirt which I really liked from the front, but was less than overjoyed with from the back. It had some weird bustley thing... So if she has a pic of them, I could see it in real life.

I also might be changing my mind on the BM dress color. Maybe Navy Blue and bright pink.... I don't know.

I love you're ideas! I really like pics 2 and 3 (tops inspiration and jacket!). Depending on what you do with the dress, I think a sash might be too much anyway (but I'm big on simplicity, so it might just be me). Your dress is going to be amazing! I can't wait to see it. :banana:

caryndisneydiva
03-19-2008, 05:13 PM
like this one better...

like this too, a lot

good idea...

I'm back and forth about a sash.
i'm not. i don't like them, they make me look fat.

It had some weird bustley thing... So if she has a pic of them, I could see it in real life.
can we have the bustle taken out? do you have pics? doesn't alfred angelo make a similar skirt?

:scared1: nuff said. i don't look good in navy blue...then what color flowers would we have? navy blue is so...navy. like, can we wear sailors hats with our dresses? if so, i want mine crystallized...

Keira1387
03-19-2008, 07:23 PM
I love your dresses inspirations! I really like the jacket!

Goldeelox9
03-19-2008, 09:26 PM
I love the dress ideas....The lace on the bottom is great! I can't wait to see what you end up with! I don't kow if you have emntioned this o not, but is your Grandmom alive still?

caryndisneydiva
03-19-2008, 09:47 PM
I love the dress ideas....The lace on the bottom is great! I can't wait to see what you end up with! I don't kow if you have emntioned this o not, but is your Grandmom alive still?

she is! she's probably reading this right now!!! hi gram!!!

Goldeelox9
03-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Awe....well that is awesome! She is going to be so honored at your wedding! Hi Gram!!!:wave2:

Lindsay22
03-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Lots of Meetings tomorrow!
First up is a meeting with Joe the sales guy. From what he said, we'll see the WP, French Island and see how that will all be set up. I'm also going to ask about rain locations :umbrella: (even though it WILL NOT RAIN ON OUR WEDDING DAY) I'd like to know anyway...
Below is my list of questions for Joe (Please feel free to add)
1.) A general overview of our day
2.) A price breakdown (what will I be charged for)
3.) Confirmation that we can have the jazz trio
4.) What instruments come with a jazz trio
5. ) Payment dates
6.) Can we request a planner (we would like marion)
7.) Food restrictions on an outside event?
8.) When will save the dates go out?
9.) Do we have to have our full invite list ready to go for STDs
10.) Using an outside photog-fees, directions to the back of EPCOT
11.) Random transportation questions
12.) What if it rains so hard they cancel fireworks :scared1:

I'll be adding to this list later

Next up is a meeting with Randy. I scheduled this meeting the same time I scheduled in the the meeting with the Roots. Both of us liked the Roots, but I still wanted to meet with Randy. ( I sure am glad that Caryn got her pics back... could you imagine if we decided to go somewhere else and she didn't have them!?!)
Questions for Randy are:
1.) Can you make my pictures look different than Caryn's
2.) Prices (can I mix and match packages)
3.) How fast will I get my pictures back
4.) How many weddings do you usually do in a week (my concern is that if he has 6 weddings that week, it will take FOREVER to get my pics back... and I'm not that patient)
5.) Engagement shoot. How long does that take to get back

Then on Saturday I have an appt with the very nice dress restoration man. There were two place in my area. I called the one closest to me and they were just nasty. When I said that I wanted to restyle my dress the woman said "Well we dont do that." So I said okay and called the other place. This nice man told me that they'll clean the dress and get most of the yellow out and then he'll recommend a seamstress! Good customer service is key.

So, please feel free to add to my lists! I promise to take lots of pics tomorrow and post a full report! (I'm really excited! I've already picked out an outfit)

irisbud
03-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Have fun with all of your meetings. It looks like you have your bases covered. And look, your ticker says 13 months today!

Lindsay22
03-21-2008, 07:40 AM
Hi Girls
DF and I are leaving right now for our site visit. I have my camera and will take tons of pictures!!! I'll post when I get back.

Keira1387
03-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Have fun at your site visit! Joe is amazing!!

camara381
03-21-2008, 10:59 AM
:cheer2: yay can't wait to hear all about it, have fun.

twiu
03-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Woo Hoo! Can't wait to hear about your visit!