PDA

View Full Version : First travel to Disneyworld

Rystall
02-18-2008, 07:23 AM
Hi everyone. I will go to Disneyworld in December 2008. This is my first travel out of France. I am so happy :goodvibes .
Whatís the weather like in Florida? What do I have to put in my bag?
Please help me :)

t_catt11
02-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Welcome to the United States, and especially, welcome to Disney World!

Depending on the time of year, the weather will be warm, hot, or extremely hot. If you experience rain, don't panic and leave the park immediately; most of the time, showers in Florida pass on through in a relatively short period, and you'll still be able to enjoy your day (likely with a smaller crowd).

Be sure to pack sunscreen, and remember to re-apply it throughout the day. The Florida sun can burn you even if the day is cloudy. Likewise, make sure to drink plenty of water - you can dehydrate quickly, especially in the summertime.

Try to wear light colored, loose fitting clothes that will be comfortable in the heat. Shorts and t-shirts are good unless you are there in the wintertime - and even then, shorts are fine on many days.

Bring comfortable athletic shoes that will not hurt your feet after spending hours walking in them.

Did I miss any basics?

Rystall
02-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi t_catt11
Thank you very much for your advices.:goodvibes

ZoZo
02-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Welcome to the DIS! I hope you have a wonderful time on your first DisneyWorld vacation.

If you have access to a WDW guide book, I'd recommend that you buy one and start your research there. The best one, in my opinion, is the Unofficial Guide to WDW. It has lots of information that will be helpful to you. Guide books are great - they have information about where to stay, what to do in the parks, the restaurants, what the weather is like - all in one book.

In addition to my guide book, I use this chat board to get answers to specific questions. The DIS is a great source of information, but because most posts are about something really specific (such as "What's your favorite restaurant at Magic Kingdom?"). Spend some time reading the posts on these boards, and you'll get lots of information. We "DIS-ers" love to offer our opinions!

Another great place to get information is www.allearsnet.com. They have great info like what to pack, restaurant reviews, and other great information.

Good luck, and have fun on your vacation!

ang
02-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Welcome!
You can start with this web site.. www.wdwinfo.com (http://www.wdwinfo.com) and www.allearsnet.com (http://www.allearsnet.com)

You should be able find all your info.

Have a wonderful trip!

Rystall
02-23-2008, 07:52 AM
:) Thank you so much ZoZo and Ang for your help. Iíll try to find a WDW guide book in French. And I will consult these two Web sites.:thanks:

maxtomsmom
02-24-2008, 01:10 AM
Since you mentioned you are going in Dec. plan to pack for two seasons of weather. During the day it will be warm up to the low 80's (sorry not sure in Celsius), but at night it can get very cool in the mid 50's. We went the first week in Dec. two years ago and during the day, we wore tee's and shorts or capris. At night we wore jeans and a light jacket or sweatshirt. Also I know this may sound odd, but you might want to bring gloves especially when walking around or riding on the outdoor rides. It will keep your hands warm and they do not take up a lot of room in pockets.

December is a great time to see WDW with all of the holiday decorations. In EPCOT, they discuss how each country celebrates the season. It's called Holidays around the World. I'm sure you'll be interested in what they say about France's Pere Noel. ;)

Aliceacc
02-24-2008, 06:39 AM
Hi and welcome!

I started this thread for other newbies; it may help you a bit: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1715551