PDA

View Full Version : worried about the The Pop Warner Superbowl and National Cheer & Dance Championships

so_are_you
02-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Pop Warner Week - The Pop Warner Superbowl and National Cheer & Dance Championships are held at Disney World in early December (tentative 2008 dates: December 6-13). The Value resorts and some of the Moderate resorts will be FULL of kids (both football players and cheerleaders). Expect a lot of noise if you stay there. This event can cause crowds and there have been some unfortunate incidents, including violent fights between teams.
we just booked for that week
what mod resorts would best to stay away from that week?

disneydance
02-17-2008, 10:59 PM
most like CBR, and POR I would say that you will be safe if you are staying at CSR as it is a convention hotel and they dont want a million cheerleaders running around the hotel

DiznEeyore
02-18-2008, 08:03 AM
I've always read that they put the kids in the All Stars first, then overflow to POR. I don't ever remember reading about them being at CBR.

Bugsmom73
02-18-2008, 08:33 AM
I would say CSR is your safest bet/

cheerforchelsea
02-18-2008, 08:49 AM
I have been in WDW during the UCA Allstar parade time at Thanksgiving - the girls stayed at the All Star Sports (All Star Movies was the "overflow resort") with practice each morning at Coronado Springs Resort. The "after parade performance dinner" was also held at the Coronado Springs Resort. Cheerleaders were everywhere!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

magicalcouple
02-18-2008, 11:04 AM
We stayed Dec. 8 thru the 15th at POFQ. I saw Cheerleader signs in room windows, but I'll tell you this- I never saw a cheerleader! So, I know they were there, but they were definitely not bothersome.;)

so_are_you
02-18-2008, 11:10 AM
We stayed Dec. 8 thru the 15th at POFQ. I saw Cheerleader signs in room windows, but I'll tell you this- I never saw a cheerleader! So, I know they were there, but they were definitely not bothersome.;)
thats good to hear
I was worried when it said there could be fights and noise
I was really re-thining our trip
we are booked at the Caribbean beach

jess20k
02-18-2008, 01:15 PM
I would also say CSR is your safest bet. The mods are usally CBR and POR. Sometimes they may even flow into POFQ if there is availability.

Back in 2004 we stayed at CBR, this was not for Pop Warner, but during the National High School Cheerleading Comp in Feb. There was a bunch of them staying there, and for the first two days of our trip we heard and also saw groups of them practicing their cheers outside. Once was very early morning and then the other time was at night when we were coming home. We also encountered them on the buses a few times, and it was not fun listening to them cheering very loudly and annoyingly. But, luckily after those two days we really did not encounter anything. It wasn't like we noticed them doing anything bad....just annoying.

LuvsTinker
02-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Our last PW week trip was 2004 and the CBR was packed with them. The packed food court, gift shop and overall crowded, hectic feeling bothered us. I love the relaxed, not crowded feeling of CBR and I will not stay there again with PW crowd. It changed the whole feeling of the resort.

so_are_you
02-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Ok changed resort to the CSR
it even dropped our package by $125 since they don't have the prefered rooms there
thank you all for your help this is our first trip and DH wasn't into it so I want it to be great so he is more willing to go back

Minniemouse07
02-18-2008, 05:32 PM
We stayed at POR the entire time the Pop Warner cheerleaders were there. We saw them... in uniform going in and out of the food court...and occasionally w/ their families on the buses.

We did not hear a cheer all week, nor did we encounter any poorly behaved children. The people we did meet were families that were proud of the children's achievements (apparently it is a HUGE deal to make it to the championships at WDW) and were taking advantage of being at WDW to see the parks and enjoy POR.

I would not hesitate a moment to stay at POR again during Pop Warner!

tinkerbell1967
02-18-2008, 06:21 PM

I agree, we were there the exact same dates except at Port Orleans Riverside and we saw the windows but no cheerleaders.

Terk-1
02-18-2008, 07:03 PM
We stayed Dec. 8 thru the 15th at POFQ. I saw Cheerleader signs in room windows, but I'll tell you this- I never saw a cheerleader! So, I know they were there, but they were definitely not bothersome.

I am currently planning on staying at Port Orleans French Quarter November 30-December 10, 2008. I was nervous as the latter part of the trip would be during the Pop Warner thing and was concerned about all the kids and stuff. This is good to hear.

Terk-1
02-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Pop Warner Week - The Pop Warner Superbowl and National Cheer & Dance Championships are held at Disney World in early December (tentative 2008 dates: December 6-13). The Value resorts and some of the Moderate resorts will be FULL of kids (both football players and cheerleaders). Expect a lot of noise if you stay there. This event can cause crowds and there have been some unfortunate incidents, including violent fights between teams.

Do the competitions start on December 6 (Saturday) and end December 13 (Saturday) or are these arrival & departure dates? How crowded are the parks? Do they close any of the parks for these events?

Mr. Pig
02-18-2008, 09:01 PM
The parks usually are not any more crowded than they would be - the PW kids are doing their competitions. They can get busier at night. I believe the competition is over by Friday or Saturday. They have in the past closed MGM (now DHS) early on Friday for the PW group. No other park had their hours changed.

DonnaBoo
02-18-2008, 11:58 PM
Interested in this thread. Staying at POR for our honeymoon.