PDA

View Full Version : Are All POP King Rooms handicap accessible rooms?

mmbrad02
02-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Has anyone stayed at Pop and got a King room that is NOT handicap accessible? DH and I are currently booked for December 7-13 at POP. Because we are both diabetic, we have requested a fridge for medical reasons. Also, I requested a King room, but I really want just a regular room, not one handicap accessible. The HA rooms are hard for DH, because he is 6'4" and everything is lower to the ground! Also, because of his height, we really want a King bed if possible. Any suggestions? Can I request a King non-handicap room? I was just afraid that they might take the fridge connection (medical) and assume we also need a handicap room.

cheerforchelsea
02-17-2008, 11:34 PM
We stayed at the POP and the king room was a handicapped room. My son in law is 6'6" and did not have a problem with the bed being a little bit lower - but sorry I don't know if all king rooms are handicapped accessible or not.

Aliceacc
02-18-2008, 07:16 AM
Why not call them directly, and explain what you need?

I'm sure they've accomodated more difficult requests than this. If they can't meet your requirements, at least you'll know now and can decide whether it's the right resort for you.

TheGeeks
02-18-2008, 08:31 AM
When we went for our honeymoon last year we had a king room in the 50s building that was not HA. I once saw a breakdown of what types of rooms POP had on this board and I think it was around 93 king standard and 60ish king HA.

Bethany
02-18-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm not sure about the king beds...

but my dh is 6'7" and he slept in one of the regular (double) beds at Pop with our 2 yr old and he was fine. I'm sure his feet dangled off the edge (this was 3 yrs ago so I can't remember) but he never complained about it.

mmbrad02
02-19-2008, 10:29 PM
TheGeeks -

Did your non-HA room have a bathtub? I called the 407-WDisney number tonight and she said that they were not all HA, but none of the King rooms had a bathtub, just a walk in shower. I love a hot bath at the end of a long day, so just wondering!

shoes99
02-19-2008, 10:57 PM
In December 2007 we had an accessible king room at Pop and we had a bathtub and a toilet with extra rails. The toilet rails were up against the wall, and you just pressed a button and pulled them down to use as grab bars. We did not have a refrigerator, but we also did not request one.
DH felt comfortable with the tub and hand rails.

TheGeeks
02-20-2008, 07:14 AM
TheGeeks -

Did your non-HA room have a bathtub? I called the 407-WDisney number tonight and she said that they were not all HA, but none of the King rooms had a bathtub, just a walk in shower. I love a hot bath at the end of a long day, so just wondering!

Ours did indeed have a bathtub.

HopperFan
02-20-2008, 08:55 AM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f306/bmozmumy/popcenturyroomlayoutlarge.jpg