PDA

View Full Version : CSR is great!!

Buzz2001
02-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Hola! Live from CSR!! Just got back from DHS. Weather - 87 degrees today, sunny, no humidity. The lines were long for ToT (70 mins) and RnR (120 mins), FP's work great!

Check in at 9:00am - two connecting rooms in cabana 9b on the backside facing the lake, 9529 and 9530. Villhermosa (from Mexico) was great! The king room is normal, high bed and tub. The rooms are in excellent condition. A small dent in the wall by the table in the king room. Looks like someone slammed the table into the wall. Check in took only 10 mins. I was second in line.

The double bed room has new plastic covering that encases er the sheets to prevent bed bugs. Also, new alarm clock that are MP3/CD player compatible. It has a a plug on the side for the players. I'll load pics later.

Had breakfast at the PM, It was crowded but CM Debbie got our drinks and refills and bussed our table. Pink lemonade was available along with the soda, tea, coffee and iced tea.

Heading out to MK tonight, open until 3:00am!

I talked to one of the life guards at the pool and she didn't know anything about the pool closing. She suggested calling recreation because they do all pool maintenance for WDW. I'll keep checking.

Questions, ask away!

More to follow!

ps - I'll get the questions answered from the folks who PM'd me asap.

bab31
02-17-2008, 04:41 PM
As I was logging on, I thought about you! I was thinking you are where I would like to be- see the smile on my face??:) anycase we are in the middle of a winter storm warning- tough for those who are scheduled to fly. sounds like the weather is great there, and to be at the MK till you drop in those temps- how cool (warm) is that! Have a wonderful time.

could you explain the plastic cover thing on the bed again?

Babs

Buzz2001
02-17-2008, 04:58 PM
As I was logging on, I thought about you! I was thinking you are where I would like to be- see the smile on my face??:) anycase we are in the middle of a winter storm warning- tough for those who are scheduled to fly. sounds like the weather is great there, and to be at the MK till you drop in those temps- how cool (warm) is that! Have a wonderful time.

could you explain the plastic cover thing on the bed again?

BabsIts a type of soft plastic that they put the mattress into and it zips up to form a total cover over the mattress. Then there is a soft mattress pad over it, then the sheet. I'll post a photo when I get a chance.

WDW LifeLong Fan
02-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Have a great trip! We look forward to your updates. :banana:

Buzz2001
02-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Also, CSR has a new bus stop at Hollywood Studios. It's the first bus stop as you walk out, #6. It's great to be close. CSR used to have the last spot at DHS.

gr8tdame
02-17-2008, 05:26 PM
just checking in. Do the plstic covers on the mattresses make the sheets slip off?

MATTLIZ
02-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Hi Buzz,
So happy you and your family are having a great vacation so far! Thanks for all the updates regarding CSR! :rotfl:

Buzz2001
02-17-2008, 05:35 PM
just checking in. Do the plstic covers on the mattresses make the sheets slip off?Let you know tomorrow. We haven't slept on them yet.

going2disney
02-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the live update! In two weeks we'll be making our first visit to CSR, it will be just myself and DS5, what would be a good location for us to request? We plan on spending most our time at the parks, being close a bus stop would be great, and will check out the Dig Site a few times. Thanks Buzz!

Buzz2001
02-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Cabana 8a or 8b (bus stop 4) or casita 5 (bus stop 2) are good spots.

momrek06
02-17-2008, 05:41 PM
BUZZ, you made it!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Have a BLAST!!! :cool1:

Here we are, :surfweb:, all your faithful followers as we await all the LIVE updates!!!! :woohoo:

highland3
02-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Buzz... thanks for the updates. Looking forward to reading your reports!!!

Going2disney... we're arriving at CSR two weeks from tomorrow. See ya there. :banana:

KatMark
02-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the updates, Buzz. Looking forward to reading more. It was 45 and rainy in Chicago today...so the weather you described at Disney is perfect. Wish we didn't have to wait until September to be there. :mad:

Sherrkel
02-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Hello from New England Buzz!
Can't wait to hear how your trip is going.
Enjoy the warm weather. Forecast for 50s and a little rain here tommow - thanks for sending some of that warm weather our way :thumbsup2

sharon_wv
02-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Yay, Buzz! I'm so jealous that you are there & I'm not! You're day-by-day trip report will get me so excited for our trip to CSR next month. Keep the news coming... have a great time!!!

Northern_Julie
02-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Ohhhh thanks for all the info. Have lots of fun. I wish I was there already.

StitchandPooh'sMom
02-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Can't wait to hear more! We will be there in 7 weeks! :cool1:

bluerendezvous
02-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Having you there to tell us about everything is great!! If we can't be there, then we can visit through you! Thanks a million for the updates.

JeanfromBNA
02-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Buzz:

I'm on my way down as a conventionear! Thanks for all of the advice! See you tomorrow! :yay:

buffalogirl
02-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Buzz- I'm so glad you got 9B!! Sounds like your trip is off to a great start:thumbsup2 Looking forward to more details- have fun!!!:banana:

Buzz2001
02-17-2008, 11:42 PM
MK was great. Not as crowded as DHS. The MK bus stop is still in front, bus stop #10. It's one of the first stops. Its tied with another stop because the stops are side by side. Three rides had 40 min (BTMRR, SM, Peter Pan) waits but PoC, HM, Splash Mtn, Mickey's Phil, Buzz, IASWAA were 10 mins or less.

It was beautiful tonight because the weather was perfect.

When we went to DHS this morning, the bus came right away but some folks said they had to wait 30 mins for a MK bus. Then when we left for MK at 7pm, we walked up and the bus came right away but the folks at bus stop #1 couldn't get on the previous MK bus because it was packed. Had to wai for a second one that came when I walked up two mins later. A manager came over to apologize to them . The MK bus was also packed leaving MK at midnight.

starwarsdisney
02-18-2008, 12:11 AM
Hola! Live from CSR!! Just got back from DHS. Weather - 87 degrees today, sunny, no humidity. The lines were long for ToT (70 mins) and RnR (120 mins), FP's work great!

Check in at 9:00am - two connecting rooms in cabana 9b on the backside facing the lake, 9529 and 9530. Villhermosa (from Mexico) was great! The king room is normal, high bed and tub. The rooms are in excellent condition. A small dent in the wall by the table in the king room. Looks like someone slammed the table into the wall. Check in took only 10 mins. I was second in line.

The double bed room has new plastic covering that encases er the sheets to prevent bed bugs. Also, new alarm clock that are MP3/CD player compatible. It has a a plug on the side for the players. I'll load pics later.

Had breakfast at the PM, It was crowded but CM Debbie got our drinks and refills and bussed our table. Pink lemonade was available along with the soda, tea, coffee and iced tea.

I talked to one of the life guards at the pool and she didn't know anything about the pool closing. She suggested calling recreation because they do all pool maintenance for WDW. I'll keep checking.

Questions, ask away!

More to follow!

Glad to hear your enjoying your vacation Buzz. Your in Cabana 9B I see. That is our first choice when we stay. We requested Cabana 9B (second floor) and then our back up was Casitas building 3 I think (again not on the first floor). Anyway we also requested a room with a King size bed. Do you know how many rooms have King size beds? Were a bit spoiled as we have a King at home.

I like the idea of the plastic matress cover on the bed. I've actually seen more and more hotels start to use these. Can't wait to see pictures. Enjoy!

FairyDust2008
02-18-2008, 12:19 AM
pixiedust: Glad you are having a good time Buzz :) Look forward to watching your posts from day to day and see what kind of reports you have from your stay at CSR. Please let us know if you find out anything about the POOL REFURBISHING ISSUE:) THANKS A BUNCH BUZZ and KEEP HAVING A WONDERFUL, MAGICAL DISNEY VACATION

Suzibrat
02-18-2008, 05:03 AM
Yeah! Our first reports from Buzz! So glad you are having a good time and thank you so much for keeping us all informed while we are sitting at home wishing we were there as well. The plastic covers on the mattresses sounds like an excellent idea! I'm looking forward to hearing more (selfish me!).
Have a super fabu time today! It's pouring here in Maine and I have a hella head cold so I'm going to visualize Disney and veg out all day...while periodically checking to see what you are up to! :rotfl2:

KidsLoveDis
02-18-2008, 07:26 AM
Arriving at CS tomorrow. I hear the weather's going to be fantastic!:cool1:

Buzz2001
02-18-2008, 08:10 AM
Glad to hear your enjoying your vacation Buzz. Your in Cabana 9B I see. That is our first choice when we stay. We requested Cabana 9B (second floor) and then our back up was Casitas building 3 I think (again not on the first floor). Anyway we also requested a room with a King size bed. Do you know how many rooms have King size beds? Were a bit spoiled as we have a King at home.

I like the idea of the plastic matress cover on the bed. I've actually seen more and more hotels start to use these. Can't wait to see pictures. Enjoy!124 king bed rooms

shadowpumpkin
02-18-2008, 08:26 AM
This is a great thread! Glad you are having a great trip! We are staying at CSR in April. I am so torn about room location! We had requested Casita 1, which is seems no one requests! We thought it would be close to Pepper Market and the big pool (which we will only go to 1 day) and the front bus stop. We really like the look and feel of the casitas vs. the cabanas but now I wonder if we should change it! Looking forward to hearing more!:)

stagemomx3
02-18-2008, 08:32 AM
:lovestruc Love the live reports. I feel so lucky that you are at CSR just before our trip so we will have so much current information when we go!

mari360
02-18-2008, 08:35 AM
I hope you enjoy your vacation.... thank you for keeping us updated... i will be staying at CSR in May.... thanks...

gooftroop22
02-18-2008, 09:00 AM
I am also goign to be at CSR in early May! I like hearing all this new stuff from Buzz! Thanks a lot, I know we all appreciate it very much!

Mayl
02-18-2008, 09:25 AM
We might not agree on resorts Buzz, but I really do hope you have a great vacation and enjoy the WDW magic!

That new alarm clock does sound nice though. Get us some pics

Tink316
02-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the updates...our first trip to Disney in 10 years this coming October...staying at CSR...and this info sure makes me happy that we will be staying at CSR. It was because Buzz' site that we initially chose CSR...he had so many great things to say. :yay:

Can't wait...thanks for all the great info!!

T.

Goofey Drool
02-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Sounds great Buzz... hey does CSR have any paths or trails to take a morning stroll? On my last vacation at POR a 6:30-7:00am walk always meant having wildlife sightings.

denman007
02-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Yes...from Buzz's website...

**************************************gifs/CSR_RESORT_MAP.jpg

Momof2Disneyboys
02-18-2008, 11:32 AM
:goodvibes Thanks for the reports Buzz!! We will be staying at CSR for the very first time in MAY!! :cool1: Can't wait!! 82 days and counting. . .

Sure hope the pool is not under rehab when we get there! :wizard:

helenk
02-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Hey Buzz, Glad you are having a good time.
Any word on when/if the resort will be going through a rehab?

Disneydd2
02-18-2008, 11:49 AM
You're one of the reasons we chose CS for our last trip. You've got such an amazing/informative website. Thanks for all your hard work! I'm glad you're having a great time! :thumbsup2

DisneyDarlings
02-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Just found this thread! Glad to hear all is well and you are having fun. Thanks for the updates so far and I look forward to more. We will be there in just 18 days!

Buzz2001
02-18-2008, 07:38 PM
We might not agree on resorts Buzz, but I really do hope you have a great vacation and enjoy the WDW magic!

That new alarm clock does sound nice though. Get us some picsHere are some pics of the clock.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2vcujv4.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/2j0f2mr.jpg

Buzz2001
02-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Sounds great Buzz... hey does CSR have any paths or trails to take a morning stroll? On my last vacation at POR a 6:30-7:00am walk always meant having wildlife sightings.Yes, there are some nature trails from on end of the ranchos to he other. I'll get some pis tomorrow.

Buzz2001
02-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Pics of the plastic bed cover.

plastic cover
http://i30.tinypic.com/2igfa4i.jpg

mattress pad
http://i25.tinypic.com/288t5e1.jpg

sheet
http://i26.tinypic.com/1zyijog.jpg

another sheet & blanket
http://i32.tinypic.com/rs537a.jpg

Buzz2001
02-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Pics of lifeguards playing with kids at the pool and opening ceremony.

opening ceremony
http://i28.tinypic.com/qpkmrn.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/2a0nhtz.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/285qtu.jpg

playing a diving game with kids
http://i30.tinypic.com/2rclq8p.jpg

10am at pool on Sunday, 2/17
http://i29.tinypic.com/20p1n54.jpg

10am at pool on Sunday, 2/17. Parents watching pool opening ceremony.
http://i26.tinypic.com/55m5wn.jpg

basketball hoop at pool
http://i27.tinypic.com/692r90.jpg

Buzz2001
02-18-2008, 08:14 PM
sign at bus stops on how to use bus internally to avoid walking.

http://i30.tinypic.com/35a6tf5.jpg

Buzz2001
02-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Leaving Fantasmic! tonight, bus only had 19 passengers. No one had to stand.

disney-super-mom
02-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks so much for the updates and pictures Buzz!:thumbsup2

We booked a package for December at AKL (7 nights) with DDP, but airfare has doubled for us to fly to Orlando, adding on an additional $1000 to our trip budget that we weren't expecting. So, we're thinking about possibly booking a moderate resort instead of a deluxe to offset the increased airfare a bit, and CSR is my family's first choice.:banana:

It's either that or completely cancel WDW all together and make another trip to Disneyland, but we were really looking forward to experiencing all the new and great things that WDW has to offer.

disnut1149
02-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Have a great time Buzz. You're finally home!!!

plutospup
02-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Sounds like you're having a great time, Buzz! Thanks for the updates.

starwarsdisney
02-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Glad to hear your having a good time Buzz. I wanted to ask while your there how are the showers in the rooms as far as water presure?

I'm amazed at how many hotels have crap for water presure in their showers.

By the way what was the temp today. I know I'm just teasing myself, but it sould better then teens and twenties.

ZeroMyHero
02-18-2008, 11:08 PM
I've been thinking about you, Buzz, and wondering if you were in WDW yet. How jealous am I -- it's about 15 below with the wind chill here! Thanks for posting all the great pics, especially the ones of the mattress. I have really been stressing about bedbugs ever since that article about ASMo a few weeks back. It's nice to know Disney is taking steps to keep the bugs at bay. Can't wait to see more info about your trip. Have a great time!

starwarsdisney
02-18-2008, 11:45 PM
Do you have a link to that article? The new plastic covers should work well. We've stayed at other hotels that have them and haven't had a problem.

Suzibrat
02-19-2008, 04:20 AM
Thank you for all the pics and the updates Buzz! :worship: Hope you are having a great time.....I know you are!

MATTLIZ
02-19-2008, 05:43 AM
THANKS BUZZ FOR SPENDING THE TIME TO UPDATE US! We are all getting an "extra" trip to CSR through you! Hope you and your family are having a BLAST!!! :thumbsup2

Buzz2001
02-19-2008, 05:44 AM
Glad to hear your having a good time Buzz. I wanted to ask while your there how are the showers in the rooms as far as water pressure?

I'm amazed at how many hotels have crap for water presure in their showers.

By the way what was the temp today. I know I'm just teasing myself, but it should better then teens and twenties.Sunday and Monday were 87 degrees and today and tomorrow are supposed to be in the low 70's. Back to the 80's by Friday. It rained for a few minutes when we were eating lunch at Sci Fi yeterday and then a bit jut before Faantasmic last night but nothing bad. just brought in some cooler weather which is fine with me. 87 was a bit of a shock coming from 20 in CT when we left.

The water pressure is good. It doesn't sting while in there but it gets the shampoo out of my DW's hair and she has thick hair.

Buzz2001
02-19-2008, 05:53 AM
Hidden Mickey in the granite sink top
http://i32.tinypic.com/9uaqo5.jpg

refrigerator
http://i25.tinypic.com/2ylwyl5.jpg

No towel animals yet but our housekeeper (Magda) made a toothbrush holder in the sink area.
http://i31.tinypic.com/mv41s5.jpg

Buzz2001
02-19-2008, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the good wishes everyone! Off to Epcot this morning. We'll spend the day there before dinner at Cape May and the Illiuminations cruise tonight.

DisneyDarlings
02-19-2008, 07:09 AM
Loving all the pics and updates! Thanks for taking the time to report!

mickcw1109
02-19-2008, 07:33 AM
thanks for the pics and reports!! Leaving in 9 days if you are still there will buy you a drink at the pool for all the hard work of reporting to us:thumbsup2

jmbadavis
02-19-2008, 07:48 AM
we will be at CSR in 22 days!!! THank you - thank you for the info on CSR. All of your updates and pictures are so much help. It is -9 here in MN today, so the low 70's sounds so good !!!

Momof2Disneyboys
02-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Glad you're having a great time Buzz! Thanks for all the awesome pictures!!

Someone just posted that a CM just told her that the CSR pool will be getting resurfaced in March & April. . .

jmbadavis
02-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Buzz I read on another post they are planning rehab of Dig site, have you seen anything? We go March 13th, this is making me nervous. The dig site was one of the reasons we picked this resort.

kikiV
02-19-2008, 10:24 AM
Same here! wondering about pool closure?

highland3
02-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Glad you're having a great time Buzz! Thanks for all the awesome pictures!!

Someone just posted that a CM just told her that the CSR pool will be getting resurfaced in March & April. . .

Buzz... say it ain't so!!!!!!

hammie59
02-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Buzz, thanks for all of your updates. You're so very helpful.

MATTLIZ
02-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the good wishes everyone! Off to Epcot this morning. We'll spend the day there before dinner at Cape May and the Illiuminations cruise tonight.

Buzz is there a special Illuminations cruise or are you just going to be on the boat coming back from Cape May during that time?

lomillerin
02-19-2008, 12:55 PM
I really need to know about the pool closing. We are going at the end of March. That is just 6 weeks away. I can't believe Disney would not announce the pool closing. I will try to get a room somewhere else if the pool is closed. We are planning a lot of pool time and really want a hot tub and slide, so the quiet pools are not an option.
This will make me really :mad: especially if we can't get a room at another moderate.

gooftroop22
02-19-2008, 01:06 PM
I would like to know too please....because we are going for the nice pool and if its under construction we'll choose to stay at another resort.....

Thanks@!

StitchandPooh'sMom
02-19-2008, 02:07 PM
I really need to know about the pool closing. We are going at the end of March. That is just 6 weeks away. I can't believe Disney would not announce the pool closing. I will try to get a room somewhere else if the pool is closed. We are planning a lot of pool time and really want a hot tub and slide, so the quiet pools are not an option.
This will make me really :mad: especially if we can't get a room at another moderate.

I'm with you, as much as I love CSR. I have scheduled a full day at the pool plus a couple of afternoons. It will be a bad thing if the Dig Site is closed!

KidsLoveDis
02-19-2008, 02:55 PM

Questions, ask away!

More to follow!

Buzz -

You rock. I needed 3 rooms - my parents are older, and we're in 9550, 9551 and 9552. 9B request was made per your site, plus a few calls both a week and a day before I got here. 3 rooms, connecting, with a beautiful view of the lake, 100 yafrds from Stop 1 and a hop farther for the dig site. Got in at 1 today, hung out at the Dig Site (no renovations) and it's practically empty here this week. CM's are saying that this is a great week for CS because no conventions (actually there's 1 or 2, but I'd say there were 70 people at the pool this afternoon).

Sorry to scream this out, but CSR is by far the best resort on Disney for all-around value.

Don't be surprised if you get a knock on your door.

Best,

Alan K

Newton, MA

Buzz2001
02-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Buzz is there a special Illuminations cruise or are you just going to be on the boat coming back from Cape May during that time?It's a special boat. They cruise around the lake towards MGM and then park under the bridge for the firework. There is a sticky thread on the theme parks page about the cruise.

Buzz2001
02-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Buzz -

You rock. I needed 3 rooms - my parents are older, and we're in 9550, 9551 and 9552. 9B request was made per your site, plus a few calls both a week and a day before I got here. 3 rooms, connecting, with a beautiful view of the lake, 100 yafrds from Stop 1 and a hop farther for the dig site. Got in at 1 today, hung out at the Dig Site (no renovations) and it's practically empty here this week. CM's are saying that this is a great week for CS because no conventions (actually there's 1 or 2, but I'd say there were 70 people at the pool this afternoon).

Sorry to scream this out, but CSR is by far the best resort on Disney for all-around value.

Don't be surprised if you get a knock on your door.

Best,

Alan K

Newton, MAI was at the pool too! From 1 till 4pm. Pool and pool area was dead.

http://i31.tinypic.com/1zxmrnd.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/ohtm4x.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/2d0bcaw.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/2e3v78z.jpg

Buzz2001
02-19-2008, 03:20 PM
I just called recreation and they said they knew nothing about the pool rehab. They transferred me to guest services and they knew nothing either.

Sorry, no help here yet.

dancin Disney style
02-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Back to the plastic mattress cover.....are all the resorts getting them? and do you sweat sleeping on it?

sharon_wv
02-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Buzz, it is so fun living my life (right now on a stinkin' commuter bus) vicariously through you! Thanks again for the updates, only 31 days until my trip to Disney...

I sure hope they are wrong about the pool being resurfaced in March.... we're there from 3/20 - 3/26/06 ... that would stink. They've announced the pool being re-done at CBR for months, why would it be a surprise at CSR?? Doesn't make much sense & I'm not worrying about it..

warriorboy648
02-19-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm obsessed with the beds!! Can you describe the beds? are they hard soft, in between???

Thanks

highland3
02-19-2008, 06:24 PM
I just called recreation and they said they knew nothing about the pool rehab. They transferred me to guest services and they knew nothing either.

Sorry, no help here yet.

No way! The more people you ask, the more who know nothing about a refurb... the better!!!

MATTLIZ
02-19-2008, 06:44 PM

Sorry, no help here yet.

I was told by my AAA travel agent that Disney would NEVER have two moderate resort main pools closed at the same time. I just read posted on another site that the Caribbean Beach Resort main pool is scheduled to be closed from January 07, 2008 to September 15, 2008!

So, I would say that CSR's main pool should not be closed at all during this time.... wouldn't you all?

karenklo
02-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Buzz- I was at work all day wondering what fun you were having! Especially since it was a whole 15 degrees here today! Thanks for finding out about the pool! Keep the good info coming!!!!

Buzz2001
02-19-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm obsessed with the beds!! Can you describe the beds? are they hard soft, in between???

ThanksThe beds are 17" pillowtop and firm.

Buzz2001
02-19-2008, 08:59 PM
No way! The more people you ask, the more who know nothing about a refurb... the better!!!I spoke to a manager this evening and she call recreation and neither knew nothing about any pool rehab. I'll keep asking.

Buzz2001
02-19-2008, 09:01 PM
I was told by my AAA travel agent that Disney would NEVER have two moderate resort main pools closed at the same time. I just read posted on another site that the Caribbean Beach Resort main pool is scheduled to be closed from January 07, 2008 to September 15, 2008!

So, I would say that CSR's main pool should not be closed at all during this time.... wouldn't you all?Plus POFQ's pool is closed until March. I can't see three mod pools being closed.

Buzz2001
02-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Back to the plastic mattress cover.....are all the resorts getting them? and do you sweat sleeping on it?No sweating because the plastic is covered by a mattress pad and sheet.

Buzz2001
02-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Back to the plastic mattress cover.....are all the resorts getting them? and do you sweat sleeping on it?I think its being done as they swap out mattresses. In the room with two double beds, only one has it. Our king does not have it either.

reefer2005
02-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Man your making it hard to wait. I'll be there Friday morning!!!

WiscMomof2
02-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks for all the updates Buzz. Exactly one month from today we'll be at CSR. Can't wait to get out of this frigid Wisconsin weather!!!

reefer2005
02-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Overall, how have the parks been as far as crowd levels?

Buzz2001
02-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Overall, how have the parks been as far as crowd levels?Not that bad. I expected the worst because of the school breaks but its been fine. Obviously the e-ticket rides still fill up the queues quikly and the FP's are gone by 1pm but the other rides are 10 min waits.

momrek06
02-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Buzz, I might not have any questions for you BUT I sure do love reading this thread!!!!

Keep posting and the pictures are awesome!!!!

HAVE A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

KidsLoveDis
02-19-2008, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=********;23305666]I was at the pool too! From 1 till 4pm. Pool and pool area was dead.

:worship:

My kids were the ones playing hoops in the pool.

Went to California Grille at 5:50, because the kitchen was backed up, I complained and got free appetizers. Took the bus back at 11:30 and it was jam packed. Not a good draw on the bus situation, but still a decent day, especially with 4 appetizers taken off the bill at CG.

AK tomorrow in the AM, back to the Dig Site, and Epcot in the evning.

Buzz2001
02-20-2008, 05:53 AM
[QUOTE=********;23305666]I was at the pool too! From 1 till 4pm. Pool and pool area was dead.

:worship:

My kids were the ones playing hoops in the pool.

Went to California Grille at 5:50, because the kitchen was backed up, I complained and got free appetizers. Took the bus back at 11:30 and it was jam packed. Not a good draw on the bus situation, but still a decent day, especially with 4 appetizers taken off the bill at CG.

AK tomorrow in the AM, back to the Dig Site, and Epcot in the evning.All the boys? Yes, I saw them. I was sitting at the table right next to tem.

MATTLIZ
02-20-2008, 06:27 AM
BUZZ, how was your dinner at Cape May? I am thinking of making a reservation, thanks!

KidsLoveDis
02-20-2008, 06:29 AM
[QUOTE=KidsLoveDis;23315681]All the boys? Yes, I saw them. I was sitting at the table right next to tem.

The we were at the table right next to you. I was with my parents, eating wraps from Siesta's.

KidsLoveDis
02-20-2008, 07:17 AM
By the by, if anyone has a decent digital SLR (and I left mine at home), we are having a full lunar eclipse between 10 and 10:50 this evening.

What a nice shot that will be over the lake...

Buzz2001
02-20-2008, 12:50 PM
See, It's a small world after all.

Buzz2001
02-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Bass excursion is limited to two fisherman on Lago Dorado at CSR.

Buzz2001
02-20-2008, 12:58 PM
AK today, park opened at 8am. Got to ride E:E twice along with the safari before 9a. Also got a FP for E:E, rode Dinosaur, Primevil Whirl, ITTBAB, and TFOTLK all by noon (including a quick cinnamon bun at the Tusker House). Then the park started to fill up but the lines were only in the 20 min range except for E:E at 60 mins.

McKelly
02-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Bass excursion is limited to two fisherman on Lago Dorado at CSR.

Thanks Buzz!!! What a great guy! A total stranger going out of his way to help us out. Sadly, more than my friends and family would do!! You restore my faith in humanity! (Okay, maybe a little dramatic, can you tell I am having a bad day?!?!)

I NEED a vacation!! Only 115 days until we get to CSR!!

momrek06
02-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks Buzz!!! What a great guy! A total stranger going out of his way to help us out.

ITA!!!!! :thumbsup2

sharon_wv
02-20-2008, 06:26 PM
ITA!!!!! :thumbsup2

Me too! Thanks, Buzz... Wisc -- we'll be at CSR the same time as you... one month today we get there!

KidsLoveDis
02-20-2008, 08:19 PM
AK today, park opened at 8am. Got to ride E:E twice along with the safari before 9a. Also got a FP for E:E, rode Dinosaur, Primevil Whirl, ITTBAB, and TFOTLK all by noon (including a quick cinnamon bun at the Tusker House). Then the park started to fill up but the lines were only in the 20 min range except for E:E at 60 mins.

Buzz -

This is scary. We went to AK first thing this AM, rode EE twice, hung out in Dino Land, Primeval a few times, Triceratops, then headed out to Epcot. Little one got sick so we left at 8:45. FYI, 10 people on bus and returning was a breeze. Of course, we're now waiting for the CSR's all-famous milk and cookies amenties room service package (3 choc chip, 3 M & M as we usually do)

Just in case we cross paths tomorrow, it's Hollywood in the AM, pool in the early afternoon, Chef M's at 6:40, then into MK for the night...

MATTLIZ
02-20-2008, 08:19 PM
:cool1: I just got my Pirates and Princess Party tickes for April 23rd pirate: princess: I AM SO EXCITED!!!! :cool1:

Buzz2001
02-21-2008, 07:04 AM
Buzz -

This is scary. We went to AK first thing this AM, rode EE twice, hung out in Dino Land, Primeval a few times, Triceratops, then headed out to Epcot. Little one got sick so we left at 8:45. FYI, 10 people on bus and returning was a breeze. Of course, we're now waiting for the CSR's all-famous milk and cookies amenties room service package (3 choc chip, 3 M & M as we usually do)

Just in case we cross paths tomorrow, it's Hollywood in the AM, pool in the early afternoon, Chef M's at 6:40, then into MK for the night...I'll be at Chef Mickey's but in the morning.

gooftroop22
02-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Buzz, quick question for you!

Do all the rooms at CSR have fridges?

Thanks.

helenk
02-21-2008, 08:14 AM

Thanks.

I'm not Buzz, but yes all the moderates and deluxe resorts have fridges, they also have coffee pots in the rooms.

Momof2Disneyboys
02-21-2008, 08:16 AM

Thanks.

I was just coming on here to ask you the same thing. The reason I ask is because I booked online and one of things you can request is a fridge. I always check that box, even though I'm pretty sure it is standard in all moderate resorts. But I called a few days ago to get the Visa free ticket upgrades to my package and they sent me a new confirmation to my package and on it it says - "SPECIAL REQUEST: REQ FRIDGE-FEE PAID TO HOTEL" . . . . . I wasn't planning on paying for it, I thought it was included!

starwarsdisney
02-21-2008, 08:51 AM
My wife and I want a fridge when we go too. I did not ask them to add it because I was under the impression that all rooms at CSR had fridges. Can anyone offer some insight or conformation on this please.

KatMark
02-21-2008, 09:38 AM
All rooms at the CSR come with a fridge--you do not pay for it.

StitchandPooh'sMom
02-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Just confirmed - Dig Site pool is closing 3/31 and reopening the first of May. This stinks.

Buzz2001
02-21-2008, 11:32 AM

Thanks.Yes, I posted a pic on one of the beginning pages.

Buzz2001
02-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Rix Lounge
http://i26.tinypic.com/2rzswpl.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/20qc2o2.jpg

http://i31.tinypic.com/2lwk46o.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/72uceo.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/1ovd4h.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/1589lae.jpg

La Ventana's (part of Rix's)
http://i28.tinypic.com/2mqm803.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/2rxu03r.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/2nq5v5y.jpg

Buzz2001
02-21-2008, 12:08 PM
More pics to follow

stairmaster
http://i25.tinypic.com/15nt1u1.jpg

spa massage rooms

Maya Grill outside tables
http://i31.tinypic.com/30bmp1e.jpg

Cafe Rix refillable mug dispenser
http://i29.tinypic.com/2gtbs49.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/qqob54.jpg

gooftroop22
02-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Just confirmed - Dig Site pool is closing 3/31 and reopening the first of May. This stinks.

WHAT@!?!?!?!?!?!!?! NO WAY!!!!! I'm going April 29th to May 6th????

What do you tihnk? Will is be open at some point during the triP????

Momof2Disneyboys
02-21-2008, 12:31 PM

Where did you get this info?I was just told by a CM on the phone last night that there will be no rehabs at the CSR pool.

StitchandPooh'sMom
02-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Where did you get this info?I was just told by a CM on the phone last night that there will be no rehabs at the CSR pool.

Safetymom posted on another thread that it would be closed. I called to see about changing our ressies, and the CM said it would close 3/31 and open the beginning of May. Buzz has heard it is just the slide and playground that are closing - not the pool. I called back to change the reservations (system was down earlier) and the CM (a different one) sadi she was showing the Dig Site would close 3/31 but the quiet pools would be open. I'm not sure if it is just the slide or if it is the whole pool, but we have unfortunately changed to another resort just in case.

sleepingbean
02-21-2008, 01:23 PM
subbing in here

Suzibrat
02-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the great pictures of Rix's Buzz! I am looking forward to wetting my beak there a few times during our stay. Have a great evening!

Momof2Disneyboys
02-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Safetymom posted on another thread that it would be closed. I called to see about changing our ressies, and the CM said it would close 3/31 and open the beginning of May. Buzz has heard it is just the slide and playground that are closing - not the pool. I called back to change the reservations (system was down earlier) and the CM (a different one) sadi she was showing the Dig Site would close 3/31 but the quiet pools would be open. I'm not sure if it is just the slide or if it is the whole pool, but we have unfortunately changed to another resort just in case.

That stinks. Sorry you had to change you resort. I wish I knew for sure if it will be open by the time we go (May 10). Them saying the beginning of May is cutting it awful close for me. My kids are looking forward to the pool, the slide, and the playground. If any part of it will be closed I will need to look for another resort as well.

jmbadavis
02-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Buzz..did you request and /or pay for "waterview" rooms? When I made reservations at CSR I paid for waterview rooms. We will be there in 20 days. We have 3 rooms reserved. I am considering faxing a request for cabanas. We will have a 3 and 5 year old, is it a long walk from the Casitas to the dig out site/arcade? I am now getting serious about looking at maps and such because our time is getting closer. Also, how does MK stay open til 3 am?? Does Disney not advertise that, it is just something they do on the spare of the moment?

Momof2Disneyboys
02-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Everyday one of the parks has EMH's. I think it is posted on Disney's website!

ZeroMyHero
02-21-2008, 03:44 PM

Not the pool, just the Jaguar Slide. I just confirmed this with my Small World TA and two different CMs at WDW. The slide will be closed for refurbishment from 3/31 - 4/30, but the actual pool will remain open.

Buzz2001
02-21-2008, 06:00 PM
I talked to Francisco at the pool bar (he's been the bartender since CSR opened 10 years ago) and he says he hasn't heard anything about the pool being closed in April.

Francisco
http://i30.tinypic.com/35n6npy.jpg

Buzz2001
02-22-2008, 05:36 AM
Buzz..did you request and /or pay for "waterview" rooms? When I made reservations at CSR I paid for waterview rooms. We will be there in 20 days. We have 3 rooms reserved. I am considering faxing a request for cabanas. We will have a 3 and 5 year old, is it a long walk from the Casitas to the dig out site/arcade? I am now getting serious about looking at maps and such because our time is getting closer. Also, how does MK stay open til 3 am?? Does Disney not advertise that, it is just something they do on the spare of the moment?Yes, the late hours are part of the EMH's. AK was open until 11:30pm and DHS was open till 11:00pm. The parks also open an hour early for resort guests. Check the park hours on the WDW site.

Casita 5 is close to the main pool. I did not pay for waterview.

Buzz2001
02-22-2008, 05:50 AM
The coffee sold at the Cafe Rix is an Italian coffee, no Nescafe. They also sell gelato and sobert.

starwarsclark
02-22-2008, 06:31 AM
********; as the greatest CSR fountain of knowledge known to man, woman, child and beast, could you help out a first on-site timer from the UK please.
Basically we are staying at the CSR in August this year and we have free DDP to go with it (woohoo) so we are trying to sort out eating and what we can get actually at CSR itself. There are 6 of us, 2 real adults and 4 kids, (according to Disney are adults), and we would like to know what you can get as a snack credit from CSR (as we may do this for breakfast on some days) or whether you think that, for example, 3 of us use CS credits in the morning for breakfast would work and if so what sort of qty of food we can expect if we do this, i.e will there be enough food for 6 of us to tuck into. None of us are huge eaters and it may work out quite well if we use 3 snack credits, 3 CS credits in the morning and then the same at lunch time when we are actually in the parks. I appreciate that there are no hard and fast answers but any tips or suggestions would be greatly recieved. Thanks from the UK and Starwarsclark. :goodvibes

Suzibrat
02-22-2008, 07:07 AM
The coffee sold at the Cafe Rix is an Italian coffee, no Nescafe. They also sell gelato and sobert.
Buzz this little tidbit has me doing backflips because being a coffee snob I was seriously thinking of bringing my espresso machine along for the trip:rotfl2: Now I don't have to so I'll have more room for things my hubby thinks is more important...clothes!

JRoglitz
02-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Thanks so much for the picture of the stairmaster Buzz.

:flower3: Hope your trip is going great!

Boundin
02-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Hi Buzz, Im just wondering if something is going on the first week May at CSR because its completly booked for that time. I looked on your site for a convention but there was no mention of one . Can you find out if anything is going on at that time?
Thanks Boundin

stagemomx3
02-22-2008, 08:44 AM
The coffee sold at the Cafe Rix is an Italian coffee, no Nescafe.

:lovestruc

Buzz2001
02-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Buzz this little tidbit has me doing backflips because being a coffee snob I was seriously thinking of bringing my espresso machine along for the trip:rotfl2: Now I don't have to so I'll have more room for things my hubby thinks is more important...clothes!They sell espresso, cappuccino and all those types of coffee at Rix as well as insted the PM. You can use the coffee window outside the PM, it opens at 6am.

Buzz2001
02-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Hi Buzz, Im just wondering if something is going on the first week May at CSR because its completly booked for that time. I looked on your site for a convention but there was no mention of one . Can you find out if anything is going on at that time?
Thanks BoundinI was told that there are a few companies that book every single room; Carquest, Grainger and other I can't remember right now. The CM told me they seem to come back for the same week each year.

Buzz2001
02-22-2008, 09:24 AM
********; as the greatest CSR fountain of knowledge known to man, woman, child and beast, could you help out a first on-site timer from the UK please.
Basically we are staying at the CSR in August this year and we have free DDP to go with it (woohoo) so we are trying to sort out eating and what we can get actually at CSR itself. There are 6 of us, 2 real adults and 4 kids, (according to Disney are adults), and we would like to know what you can get as a snack credit from CSR (as we may do this for breakfast on some days) or whether you think that, for example, 3 of us use CS credits in the morning for breakfast would work and if so what sort of qty of food we can expect if we do this, i.e will there be enough food for 6 of us to tuck into. None of us are huge eaters and it may work out quite well if we use 3 snack credits, 3 CS credits in the morning and then the same at lunch time when we are actually in the parks. I appreciate that there are no hard and fast answers but any tips or suggestions would be greatly recieved. Thanks from the UK and Starwarsclark. :goodvibesThe food portions are large an can easily be shared. The adult waffle fits on the whole plate and can be divided into four pieces. The breakfast skillet also can be shared by two adults. Its a mixture of eggs, bacon, sausage, homefires, cheese sauce, and shredded cheese.

starwarsclark
02-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Wow thanks Mr B.
I take it that lot are from the CS range - What sort of snacks can you get from CSR that we could either eat there or then or take into the parks?

thanks again for taking the time to answer.

goofieslonglostsis
02-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Buzz, did I look at you pics correctly? No lemonade light at the refll stations? :headache:

Momof2Disneyboys
02-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks Boundin

CSR is totally booked for my week in May too (May 10-17). I figured it was because of the pool rehab at CBR. . .

MATTLIZ
02-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Buzz, did I look at you pics correctly? No lemonade light at the refll stations? :headache:

I just magnified Buzz's picture of the refill station and the HI-C light is the pink lemonade! :dance3:

disney-super-mom
02-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Buzz, anymore info on possible room rehabs this year?:confused3

(BTW, I hope you and your family are having an awesome time!:woohoo: )

fall08CP
02-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Wow thanks Mr B.
I take it that lot are from the CS range - What sort of snacks can you get from CSR that we could either eat there or then or take into the parks?

thanks again for taking the time to answer.

I'm not Buzz but I was just at CSR on the DDP and we could get muffins, bagels, and fruit as snacks from the Pepper Market. We never went into the little store so I'm not sure what counts in there.

Suzibrat
02-22-2008, 01:56 PM
They sell espresso, cappuccino and all those types of coffee at Rix as well as insted the PM. You can use the coffee window outside the PM, it opens at 6am.
:worship: :worship: :worship: Buzz you rule!:worship: :worship: :worship:

wedway07
02-22-2008, 02:10 PM
WE have a reservation for the 3rd week in April at CSR, but
just read about a possible closing of the "dig site", who
do I call, Disney directly? My kids are so looking forward
to the big pool and now being so close, I don't know if
I can get another resort with the main pool open:not
happy!!:confused3

Buzz2001
02-22-2008, 03:46 PM
WE have a reservation for the 3rd week in April at CSR, but
just read about a possible closing of the "dig site", who
do I call, Disney directly? My kids are so looking forward
to the big pool and now being so close, I don't know if
I can get another resort with the main pool open:not
happy!!:confused3The pool is open, just the slide will e closed.

disney-super-mom
02-22-2008, 03:58 PM
In case you missed my question on the previous page, I thought I'd ask again.:goodvibes

Buzz, have you heard anymore info about room rehabs this year?:confused3

Thanks for the great updates!

Buzz2001
02-22-2008, 04:10 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: Buzz you rule!:worship: :worship: :worship: Here is a picture of the window, menu and hours.

http://i32.tinypic.com/2le2k3d.jpg

Buzz2001
02-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Francisco
http://i30.tinypic.com/35n6npy.jpg

Siestas
http://i25.tinypic.com/14lswol.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/s3jcao.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/fksbkp.jpg

Menu
http://i30.tinypic.com/2dw8as.jpg

goofieslonglostsis
02-22-2008, 04:16 PM
I just magnified Buzz's picture of the refill station and the HI-C light is the pink lemonade! :dance3:

Woohoo! :cheer2: We can't buy lemonade overhere and I'm wanting some like now, so knowing it's available at the refill station is GOOD news!

ninaeve
02-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Whoever asked about the first week of May being full...it is the Minnie Marathon weekend, and Anthony Travel has a block of rooms for the runners.

CSR and I think it is All-star Music that are the two choices.

Thanks for the updates. We will be there in 3 weeks!!!

Buzz2001
02-22-2008, 05:16 PM
This is the part of the Rix Lounge they open to guests that purchase food at Cafe Rix. They told me they use it when the weather is bad but it was open again this morning and the weather was nice.

http://i26.tinypic.com/200snl2.jpg

Buzz2001
02-22-2008, 05:19 PM
More Rix Lounge photos

dance floor
http://i29.tinypic.com/i4ioh5.jpg

seating areas
http://i28.tinypic.com/2en0t2d.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/21d4u10.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/117ae6f.jpg

Buzz2001
02-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Laguna Bar sign & hours...

http://i29.tinypic.com/so47cl.jpg

Buzz2001
02-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Cafe Rix photos

http://i27.tinypic.com/2h84vq0.jpg

try the cookies n creme gelato...awesome!
http://i29.tinypic.com/2h80qoj.jpg

more desserts
http://i31.tinypic.com/2mrsm0m.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/29kxp94.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/idasdj.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/16i6q8y.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/2h8bz9e.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/20rsbv4.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/a0jo74.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/2hyyubn.jpg

Buzz2001
02-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Maya Grill Lounge

http://i25.tinypic.com/ojjyfn.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/axmm4m.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/156vngg.jpg

Buzz2001
02-22-2008, 05:38 PM
massage room #1
http://i30.tinypic.com/20rr7e8.jpg

Massage room #2
http://i30.tinypic.com/29vzat0.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/2h7q891.jpg

Buzz2001
02-22-2008, 05:42 PM
fitness center photos

http://i30.tinypic.com/e872o9.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/15qvnys.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/2saccav.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/1zfttdt.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/sw8jg1.jpg

there are five tv's
http://i29.tinypic.com/vs2ups.jpg

rosiep
02-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Great photo's..thank you so much for taking the time to post (again and again). I'm sure that come this October I will be a fan of the CSR just like you!

buffalogirl
02-22-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm really enjoying this thread. Thanks for posting all the great pics and sharing your vacation with us!:thumbsup2

karenklo
02-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Buzz, I have a question that maybe you can get an answer to. We booked a Jr. suite for Dec and I was wondering if they all had a water view or I needed to add a request for that. Thanks for all the great info! I feel like I already know my way around down there!

plutospup
02-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi Buzz...hope your family is having a great time! Thanks so much for giving us first hand info this week.
A few pages back you mentioned that CSR now has gelato. Is this considered a snack on the DDP?

starwarsdisney
02-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Buzz thanks for all the info. You've really been a great help. I can't wait to get there in May.

One question, do they have a couples massage room? I've booked my wife and I for massages on our last day there and was hoping we coupld be in the same room.

Buzz2001
02-23-2008, 06:14 AM
Buzz, I have a question that maybe you can get an answer to. We booked a Jr. suite for Dec and I was wondering if they all had a water view or I needed to add a request for that. Thanks for all the great info! I feel like I already know my way around down there!Too many questions and not enough trip. I'm back home now. Landed yesterday afternoon in a snow storm. What a great welcome home, had to shovel first thing.

All but two jr suites are in the casitas. One is in cabana 9b and one is cabana 8b. I would add waterview to your request.

Buzz2001
02-23-2008, 06:17 AM
Buzz thanks for all the info. You've really been a great help. I can't wait to get there in May.

One question, do they have a couples massage room? I've booked my wife and I for massages on our last day there and was hoping we coupld be in the same room.Your best bet is to call them at 407-939-3030.

http://www.relaxedyet.com/coronado_springs_resort.asp

Buzz2001
02-23-2008, 06:19 AM
Hi Buzz...hope your family is having a great time! Thanks so much for giving us first hand info this week.
A few pages back you mentioned that CSR now has gelato. Is this considered a snack on the DDP?Not sure, I have a friend there until today so I'll see if I can get them to ask for me.

Connor&Cody'sMom
02-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Too many questions and not enough trip. I'm back home now. Landed yesterday afternoon in a snow storm. What a great welcome home, had to shovel first thing.

When I read this it was almost like my trip had come to an end too!
Every night I would come and check for an update on your trip, Buzz. I love CSR too and I loved all your updates/pictures. It was almost like being there too.

DisneyDarlings
02-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Thanks, Buzz, for letting us share your vacation!

Northern_Julie
02-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Thanks for all the photos and letting us live vicariously through you. I am almost thinking we need a send Buzz to CSR fund for if burning questions start to pile up.
Between the radio, pillowtop bed and gelato (which I can't get here) I am cloud nine:cloud9:

Buzz2001
02-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks for all the photos and letting us live vicariously through you. I am almost thinking we need a send Buzz to CSR fund for if burning questions start to pile up.

Between the radio, pillowtop bed and gelato (which I can't get here) I am cloud nine:cloud9:Yes, a send buzz to CSR fund sounds great!! :rotfl:

I'm already talking to DW about when to go again. How is August...other than the obvious (its hot)? It's so hard now that DD is in high school.

gooftroop22
02-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi Buzz....

Glad you had a great trip to CSR...I'm going to be there in 65 days and we are soooo looking forward to our first visit to CSR!!!!!

I've heard that CSR has a room service?!?! What types of food are there to choose from??????

plutospup
02-23-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm already talking to DW about when to go again. How is August...other than the obvious (its hot)?

Hot, but...our last CSR trip included afternoon breaks from the parks. It was a perfect time to relax at the Dig Site pool! Also, the water parks had early entry. Since BB is so close to CSR we hopped over there, enjoyed the cool water slides, came back to CSR and had lunch at PM, then relaxed at the Dig Site. After a brief afternoon nap it was time to hit the parks (when it was cooler & less crowded!).

Buzz2001
02-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Pepper Market Menu
http://i29.tinypic.com/21et9ol.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ufalna.jpg

Buzz2001
02-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Maya Grill Menu

http://i27.tinypic.com/2yysex5.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/21m6e6p.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/2v8h4dl.jpg

Buzz2001
02-23-2008, 08:29 PM
In Room Service

Breakfast
http://i30.tinypic.com/2qipp95.jpg

All Day Dining
http://i28.tinypic.com/241s75g.jpg

Buzz2001
02-23-2008, 08:32 PM
In Room Dining

http://i32.tinypic.com/sb3hi0.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/25rnuiw.jpg

Buzz2001
02-23-2008, 08:34 PM
In Room Dining

http://i30.tinypic.com/2nunhk.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/2mg11jd.jpg

Buzz2001
02-23-2008, 08:37 PM
The Maya Grill no longer offers the lunch buffet, only breakfast and dinner.

MATTLIZ
02-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks, Buzz, for letting us share your vacation!

YES, THANKS BUZZ for letting us share your vacation! IT was and is very nice of you to share all your information regarding CSR!!! I am glad you and your family made it home safe!

KatMark
02-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Buzz, so glad you had a great vacation. Thanks for all the info and updates...it is truly appreciated.

highland3
02-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks Buzz. You've made planning for our trip to CSR next week much easier!!!

emmie119
02-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Buzz, you're the best, thanks for all the info. I have just a few questions.
I see you put the clocks are Mp3 Cd players, does that mean you can play Cd's and/or use an Ipod??
And the other question is about the waffles......are the big ones mickey shaped too or just the kids ones???? My crazy husband swears that the Mickey ones taste better!!:rotfl:

Oh wait.........I lied, one more question, what toiletries are in the room, especially what soap?

Suzibrat
02-24-2008, 06:05 AM
Too many questions and not enough trip. I'm back home now. Landed yesterday afternoon in a snow storm. What a great welcome home, had to shovel first thing.

Awww, when I read that I said "oh no! The week's already over???" I'm sure you feel the same way, huh? Welcome back home and thank you for all the investigative work you did for us! As for that darn snow..bah! humbug! I'm sick of it and to prove it I'm grilling steaks today...after I shovel out the grill.

Buzz2001
02-24-2008, 06:36 AM
Buzz, you're the best, thanks for all the info. I have just a few questions.
I see you put the clocks are Mp3 Cd players, does that mean you can play Cd's and/or use an Ipod?? Yes, there is a plug on the side that attaches to your CD or MP3 player.

And the other question is about the waffles......are the big ones mickey shaped too or just the kids ones???? No, the big waffle is round but you can get Mickey waffles, they just call them adult waffles. My crazy husband swears that the Mickey ones taste better!!:rotfl:

Oh wait.........I lied, one more question, what toiletries are in the room, especially what soap? They give you shampoo, conditioner, lotion, facial soap and bath soap from H2O Aquatics.

Buzz2001
02-24-2008, 06:38 AM
Thanks everyone! I guess the only thing I can do is start to plan another trip to ease my pain. ;)

luna99
02-24-2008, 08:24 AM
thank you buzz for all the information you provide us all!! I loved the rix pictures and especially the photos of the outdoor seating areas... it looked so warm and relaxing compared to all this snow here in CNY...

I will definitely be thinking about staying at CSR on my next trip now! thank you! :thumbsup2

nikki'smom
02-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks for all the pics and info buzz!

Sherrkel
02-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Hi Buzz,
Welcome back to New England! I'm glad you had a safe and happy trip. Thank you sooooo much for the pictures and information, I really feel like I was at CSR during this week, oh, except I was here in NH shoveling snow, real nice.
We had a kick off of our 1-year to-go Disney Planning trip last night - all 21 of us in our Grand Gathering - and we had disney balloons, cooked disney recipes and looked at your pictures. Less than 365 days til CSR and DW!

Goofy22
02-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Cabana 8a or 8b (bus stop 4) or casita 5 (bus stop 2) are good spots.

Are these standard rooms? We are going in August and I would like to put a request on my ressie if you could help me out Buzz with which would be closest to the main pool and foodcourt and buses! That would be great!!And also Csr does offer refillable mugs correct? Sorry if I duplicated a question but I am trying to page through this thread and may have not gotten to it yet!

fall08CP
02-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Are these standard rooms? We are going in August and I would like to put a request on my ressie if you could help me out Buzz with which would be closest to the main pool and foodcourt and buses! That would be great!!And also Csr does offer refillable mugs correct? Sorry if I duplicated a question but I am trying to page through this thread and may have not gotten to it yet!

I've been in Cabanas 8B and many of the casitas and they have all been standard. It just depends where in the building you are (parking lot view vs. water view). The main pool and the food court are not super close to each other, so you can choose one or the other or a point in between. The cabanas 9A+B are close to the foodcourt and not too far from the pool. The casitas are close to the foodcourt but a bit of a walk to the pool. The ranchos are close to the pool but far from the foodcourt. So probably the Cabanas are best for you, or possibly the casitas.
They do have refillable mugs.

This map of CSR might help you understand better: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cspringsmap.htm

Goofy22
02-24-2008, 03:16 PM
I've been in Cabanas 8B and many of the casitas and they have all been standard. It just depends where in the building you are (parking lot view vs. water view). The main pool and the food court are not super close to each other, so you can choose one or the other or a point in between. The cabanas 9A+B are close to the foodcourt and not too far from the pool. The casitas are close to the foodcourt but a bit of a walk to the pool. The ranchos are close to the pool but far from the foodcourt. So probably the Cabanas are best for you, or possibly the casitas.
They do have refillable mugs.

This map of CSR might help you understand better: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cspringsmap.htm

Thank You it sounds like I will be requesting Cabanas 9A or 9B then! I don't mind a lil walk to the pool but to the food would be more of a pain I think ! I'll try and see what happens!

Buzz2001
02-24-2008, 03:32 PM
This map of CSR might help you understand better: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cspringsmap.htmThis map is incorrect but the DIS continues to use it. The map on my website is the correct version.

Buzz2001
02-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Are these standard rooms? We are going in August and I would like to put a request on my ressie if you could help me out Buzz with which would be closest to the main pool and foodcourt and buses! That would be great!!And also Csr does offer refillable mugs correct? Sorry if I duplicated a question but I am trying to page through this thread and may have not gotten to it yet!Yes, both waterview and standard view rooms are in these buildings. 9b is closest to everything.

Buzz2001
02-24-2008, 03:39 PM
CSR bus stops at the park.

Hollywood Studios - (first stop)
Magic Kingdom (first stop)
Animal Kingdom (in the middle)
Epcot (second stop on left as you exit)

laxdefran29
02-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Yes, a send buzz to CSR fund sounds great!! :rotfl:

I'm already talking to DW about when to go again. How is August...other than the obvious (its hot)? It's so hard now that DD is in high school.

Buzz,

We went last year in middle of august and plan on going again this year (12-18). Its not as crowded as june and july and the mid afternoon rain storms usually cool you down. Not a bad time to go considering most southern high schools and colleges are back in session.

porknbeans
02-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks for all of the information Buzz that you offer both on your vacation and when you're not. It is helpful and welcome.

DiamondDiva305
02-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Do you have any pic of the king bedrooms, me and DH are already booked at another disney resort but his co-worker recently stayed at the CSR few weeks ago and loved it, but now he wants to change to CSR.

Buzz2001
02-25-2008, 04:17 AM
http://i4.tinypic.com/10zqrtf.jpg

Lilolvr
02-25-2008, 06:47 AM
I'll have to try a king bed on our next trip. Looks comfy!

kikiV
02-25-2008, 07:20 AM
Buzz- Hello from a fellow Ct. diser- my DH is from Bristol.
:wave2:
loved being on vacation with you. It helps pass the time til Dec. trip. Thanks

stagemomx3
02-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Looking at Buzz's maps I've come to the conclusion that anything but the Casitas will work for us. Hopefully we'll get our request for connecting rooms! We'll find out in 12 days! :goodvibes

DiamondDiva305
02-25-2008, 09:46 AM
http://i4.tinypic.com/10zqrtf.jpg

Thank you, you rule :thumbsup2

Buzz2001
02-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Buzz- Hello from a fellow Ct. diser- my DH is from Bristol.
:wave2:
loved being on vacation with you. It helps pass the time til Dec. trip. Thanks:wave2:

Buzz2001
02-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Thank you, you rule :thumbsup2Not a problem.

Buzz2001
02-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Looking at Buzz's maps I've come to the conclusion that anything but the Casitas will work for us. Hopefully we'll get our request for connecting rooms! We'll find out in 12 days! :goodvibesHave a great trip!

Lilolvr
02-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks for all the info and updates buzz!

Mickey23
02-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Great photos, thanks for sharing!

Suzibrat
02-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Buzz did you buy a refillable mug on this last trip? If so can we see it? Or did I miss a picture of it somewhere else?

Buzz2001
02-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Nothing has changed with the mugs. It is the same as it has always been. The only difference with the CSR mugs is they no longer have the jumbo mug.

Lilolvr
02-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Nothing has changed with the mugs. It is the same as it has always been. The only difference with the CSR mugs is they no longer have the jumbo mug.I wonder why they eliminated the jumbo mug. I'll have to hang onto mine for a keepsake.

Dad_of_2
03-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Buzz thanks for all the great info. I just have a couple of questions. I know there is always a possibility of a convention or 2, is there anyway of finding out ahead of time about how many. If not do they have some sort of info board in lobby that might show when they take lunch breaks and the such, so we can avoid having meals at same time as I assume it could get crowded. Thanks in advance :thumbsup2

Buzz2001
03-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Buzz thanks for all the great info. I just have a couple of questions. I know there is always a possibility of a convention or 2, is there anyway of finding out ahead of time about how many. If not do they have some sort of info board in lobby that might show when they take lunch breaks and the such, so we can avoid having meals at same time as I assume it could get crowded. Thanks in advance :thumbsup2This is something I put together but by no means is this the complete list of conventions.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=21401216&postcount=107

Dad_of_2
03-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the list . Do you know if they post a break schedule anywhere or does the conventioneers eat somewhere other than Pepper Mill and Maya Grill.
Thanks

Buzz2001
03-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the list . Do you know if they post a break schedule anywhere or does the conventioneers eat somewhere other than Pepper Mill and Maya Grill.
ThanksNothing like that. They only post the rooms the different groups need to be in during the day in the lobby by the store.

nikki'smom
03-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Great thread, thanks for all the updates.

Buzz2001
03-22-2008, 01:15 PM
This map of CSR might help you understand better: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cspringsmap.htmThis map is not valid. CSR does not use all those number for the ranchos and/or cabanas.

Use these building numbers
http://i3.tinypic.com/w1sbbr.jpg

Buzz'sBetterHalf
03-24-2008, 07:17 AM
CSR is definitely my favorite resort. :lovestruc :cloud9:

LovinDisneyWorld
03-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Hi. We booked a trip and are staying at CSR in 25 day's.:goodvibes My DH wanted to try a new moderate. We stayed at CBR last year for our first ever disney trip and I loved everything about it. DH and I are smokers. I did check out the map area of CSR with the new smoking policy in effect. Since you just returned can you tell me anything about the smoking policy? I want to stay in the Cabanas area and want to be close to a DSA area. We have small children so I dont' want to be too far from a DSA since we both smoke when we get up and like to relax with a water or soda and a smoke when they go to sleep at night, outside of course. Last year at CBR, we just took turns on our balcony. Both DH and myself are very considerate smokers especially because we have children too. Just trying to accomodate our needs as well since we want to enjoy our vacation. I have read so many of your posts on
your unofficial site so I thought you may know about the smoking at CSR since you were just there and you know so much about that resort :)

Momof2Disneyboys
04-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Can anyone confirm if the rehab of the pool slide has begun at CSR? Last I heard it was just the slide and the dates were 3/31-4/18. Sure hope that's right!

Momof2Disneyboys
04-13-2008, 12:55 PM
:goodvibes

KatMark
04-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Can anyone confirm if the rehab of the pool slide has begun at CSR? Last I heard it was just the slide and the dates were 3/31-4/18. Sure hope that's right!

Several people have mentioned that the pool is open, but the slide is closed. I was told directly by the manager's office at CSR that it would be closed March 31-April 26. However, I have read several people post that it is closed only until April 18. Sorry I can't be more positive than that.

Momof2Disneyboys
04-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the info Kathy! I hadn't heard anything about it for awhile so I just wondered if anyone knew.

Sure hope it's open by May! :wizard:

Buzz2001
04-16-2008, 04:14 AM
Thanks for the info Kathy! I hadn't heard anything about it for awhile so I just wondered if anyone knew.

Sure hope it's open by May! :wizard: Should be complete by your May trip.

Lilolvr
04-16-2008, 07:05 AM
Hi. We booked a trip and are staying at CSR in 25 day's.:goodvibes My DH wanted to try a new moderate. We stayed at CBR last year for our first ever disney trip and I loved everything about it. DH and I are smokers. I did check out the map area of CSR with the new smoking policy in effect. Since you just returned can you tell me anything about the smoking policy? I want to stay in the Cabanas area and want to be close to a DSA area. We have small children so I dont' want to be too far from a DSA since we both smoke when we get up and like to relax with a water or soda and a smoke when they go to sleep at night, outside of course. Last year at CBR, we just took turns on our balcony. Both DH and myself are very considerate smokers especially because we have children too. Just trying to accomodate our needs as well since we want to enjoy our vacation. I have read so many of your posts on
your unofficial site so I thought you may know about the smoking at CSR since you were just there and you know so much about that resort :)Have a great trip! I have to wait until September.

monte
04-16-2008, 07:22 AM
:cutie: I'm anxious for them to begin the refurbishment of the rooms, the room decor is the only thing that I did not like about the resort. Other than that I think it's a great resort....love the fitness room and grounds!:banana:

BadgerBruce
04-16-2008, 07:59 AM

Just returned from another great stay at CSR! The slide was closed the whole time we were there, but the pool & Siesta's were open. They were working on the slide each day we were out there, including Saturday, so I don't see any reason it shouldn't be ready for your trip. Have a great time!!

Lilolvr
04-16-2008, 08:01 AM
Just returned from another great stay at CSR! The slide was closed the whole time we were there, but the pool & Siesta's were open. They were working on the slide each day we were out there, including Saturday, so I don't see any reason it shouldn't be ready for your trip. Have a great time!!Are they just resurfacing the slide?

Welcome back!

KatMark
04-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Have a great trip! I have to wait until September.

When in September are you going? We'll be there the 1st through the 9th. :cool1:

Lilolvr
04-16-2008, 08:17 AM
Thurs to Thurs, 9/11 to 9/18. Free dining.

Kids are still young enough to take out of school.

Can't wait!!

KatMark
04-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Thurs to Thurs, 9/11 to 9/18. Free dining.

Kids are still young enough to take out of school.

Too bad we will mjiss you by two days. We are there for free dining as well. We will be with my dbf and her dh to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary (dbf was once many years ago and her dh has never been). No kids with us...oldest will hopefully have a new job after graduating from college next month and my baby--all 20 years of him--will be back in college classes when we go.

BadgerBruce
04-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Are they just resurfacing the slide?

Welcome back!

It did look like they were just resurfacing/painting the slide. I sure did miss it-used it a lot on our previous trips!!

Momof2Disneyboys
04-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Just returned from another great stay at CSR! The slide was closed the whole time we were there, but the pool & Siesta's were open. They were working on the slide each day we were out there, including Saturday, so I don't see any reason it shouldn't be ready for your trip. Have a great time!!

Welcome back! :goodvibes Thanks for the info!

Mickey23
04-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Just returned from another great stay at CSR! The slide was closed the whole time we were there, but the pool & Siesta's were open. They were working on the slide each day we were out there, including Saturday, so I don't see any reason it shouldn't be ready for your trip. Have a great time!!Good to hear! Welcome back!!

Buzz2001
04-17-2008, 04:25 AM
Just returned from another great stay at CSR! The slide was closed the whole time we were there, but the pool & Siesta's were open. They were working on the slide each day we were out there, including Saturday, so I don't see any reason it shouldn't be ready for your trip. Have a great time!!Welcome back and thanks for sharing!! :thumbsup2