Marc A.
02-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Which resort offers the best concierge.
Service, view, etc....
Thanks
:thumbsup2

DisneyGirlie
02-17-2008, 12:27 PM
I've only stayed at the concierge level at the Poly but I thought it was amazing. I stayed in Hawaii and had a garden view room, but the Concierge lounge where the food offerings were had the most magical view of the castle! So I'm also assuming that the concierge level rooms across the hall from me had great castle and lagoon views as well. The concierge CMs were extremely nice. They did anything they could to help us. So personally I would give the Poly's concierge a :thumbsup2 even though my opinion isn't really fair since I haven't tried other concierge stays at other resorts.

40-Something Kid
02-17-2008, 12:53 PM
I've tried Contemporary (9/06), BWI (7/04), YC (1/04) and BC (8/05), the last of which was a complimentary upgrade. All had cold breakfast, snacks during the day, a hot hors d'ouerves dish or two in the evening, and desserts and cordials at night. I did not find major differences in the food offerings, but if imperfect memory helps, YC had a little better food and prettier furnishings---love that nautical thing. Contemporary by far had the best view and setting, as the lounge and its balconies overlook the Magic Kingdom from either the 12th or 14th floor. Also, Contemporary lounge was larger than the others--more room to spread out.

Service is always friendly, and staff at all of them get whatever can be had for your itinerary and so on. For some reason, BWI stood out as the friendliest, but that's based on July 2004 staff--who knows where they are today!!

Next month, we try Poly concierge in the Hawaii building. The pictures of the lounge are impressive, and I think the view will be amazing, too. We are paying a lot more for this (lagoon view, too) than other concierge experiences, probably in part because of time of year and availability of discounts. But I expect I will agree with DisneyGirlie that Poly Concierge is :thumbsup2 !!!!

ChelleinNC
02-17-2008, 01:07 PM
I've stayed BC, Poly, WL -and Swan Club Level, doesn't really count ;)

Best view: Poly
Best concierge service: BC
Best food: BC & WL

If it weren't for owning DVC now, I would gladly stay at BC or WL concierge at anytime :) They had the best, most friendly & helpful CM's. Food offerings were always good and the willingness to get you what you wanted went above & beyond :love:

We had horrible service, room/building issues at Poly and will never stay there again. It was so bad I don't think I would stay there for free :eek: The view from the lounge was beautiful, but that is honestly the only good thing I can say about Poly concierge.

I look forward to trying AKV concierge :goodvibes

nascargirl
02-17-2008, 09:30 PM
We have stayed at the BC and BWI. BWI hands down has won our hearts.:thumbsup2 The cast members are awesome. They make you feel right at home and part of their family.:lovestruc The lounge is much bigger than the BC and the food offerings also were better. You can watch Illuminations from their balcony. This is great when the weather is poor but you don't want to miss the fireworks.:) The rooms either have a garden view or the boardwalk itself. Looking forward to returning there on May 19th.:cool1:

WDW LifeLong Fan
02-18-2008, 04:47 AM
We stayed concierge at every WDW resort that offers the service. All have their merits, if I had to choose one it would be the POLY! :thumbsup2

Kimberle
02-18-2008, 05:40 AM
CR 14th fl :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

The view is the best on property. I can't even tell you how amazing it was to sit on the lounge balacony eating a decadent dessert and watching Wishes. They play the soundtrack as well. You feel like you're right up in the sky with the fireworks.:lovestruc

The food was wonderful, and the staff was great.

I've also stayed at AKL. It was nice, just didn't hold a candle to CR.

D&R love Disney
02-18-2008, 09:00 AM
I agree with the 14th floor Tower Club at CR. The staff is fantastic (how do they remember our names) :thumbsup2 and the view cannot be beat!

We did have a wonderful concierge at the BWI during our engagement trip, she went out of her way for us and when my then fiance had her arrange a special bottle of wine to be waiting in our garden suite when we got back from the park (prior to engagement) the room was decorated with confetti, beautiful wine glasses and bottle of wine in the fridge. And it came compliments of the concierge staff :cloud9:

heatherlynn444
02-18-2008, 09:06 AM
i have only stayed at GF RPC (twice) but love love LOVED every second of it! sitting in the lounge in teh evening listeneing to the orchestra or piano, just fabulous!! service is excellent too

ElizabethB
02-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Have stayed AKL club level, WL club level and GF RPC. I'd say GF RPC made us feel the most pampered.

IWISHFORDISNEY
02-18-2008, 03:27 PM
We have stayed AKL WL and BC. AKL wins hands down best service!!!