PDA

View Full Version : Solution to dirty hotel glasses...

gypsydoodlebug
02-17-2008, 11:20 AM
I travel frequently for work, and after that expose about dirty hotel glasses, I found a good, cheap solution and thought I'd pass it along. I keep those plastic cups that DD's kids drinks come in (like from Moe's, Logan's Roadhouse, California Pizza Kitchen, etc.). I throw one in my suitcase and then just pitch it when I leave.

We used to leave the cups at the restaurant, but since they just throw them away as well this works perfectly. Dirty glasses are the only things that skeeve me out.

Safari Queen
02-17-2008, 12:45 PM
I don't understand why y'all don't just wash the hotel glasses in soap and hot water. Am I missing something?

gypsydoodlebug
02-17-2008, 01:21 PM
That works, too. :thumbsup2 That video just completely turned me off the glasses as a whole, I guess. :confused3

ratpatch
02-17-2008, 02:49 PM
I wish hotels still used the plastic wrapped, disposable cups. The germs is one thing, but I'm just clumsy enough to worry about real glass cups in the bathroom. I can just see me fumbling a tumbler and trapping my barefooted self in the bathroom.

cwestbrook
02-17-2008, 09:10 PM
I have come down with a stomach virus three times while staying in hotels. I've hardly ever gotten it at home. It seemed odd until I saw the thing about dirty glasses. Made me think they might have been the culprit. I'll never know for sure but at least I know now to either avoid them or wash them first.