PDA

View Full Version : CBR Transportation

Br'er Soap
02-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Hey guys. This year, my DGF and I are taking a spur of the moment trip to WDW. Because of that, we lack the necessary funds to go to our favorite resort, AKL. So, we decided we would try out Caribbean Beach. I have been there before and it is very beautiful, however the transportation was lacking.

Does anybody know where the bus picks up last? I think it was Martinique, but I am not positive and we would like to request that, so we don't have to wait to get out into the parks :) Any other helpful info about CBR would be much appreciated as well.

Thanks!

mallons
02-17-2008, 09:51 AM
I depends on the park you are coming from, because there are to entrances to CBR, We stayed there in 9/07 and we are on our way in 4/08 we had no problems with buses...

:cool1:

Atchley
02-17-2008, 11:20 AM
We didn't think that the bus service was that bad. You will get a lot of differing opinions though. We stayed in Aruba and for the most part we were always the last stop before heading out to the parks. The buses were not that crowded though. I think we only had to stand one time during our week long stay. When we came back from the parks, Aruba was one of the last if not the last stop. As PP stated it depends on the park that you are coming from. I think a couple of times we were the second stop getting off. It seemed like the last more than the first though. I really didn't mind riding around the resort and stopping to let other off. You are on the bus and going to have a seat, so why not just sit back and be patient. We are definetly planning on staying at CBR again. I can't wait to see the new pool when they get it done. You can check out my CBR pictures below. They are from 2006. Have a magical stay!

Br'er Soap
02-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the help. The only issue I have is being close to Old Port Royale... I don't want to have to wait for a bus just to get food. That's kind of ridiculous. I stayed at Trinidad South in 1999, and I thought it was too far from everything, but it seems like Aruba, Trinidad North and Martinique are walkable (to Old Port Royale...) So I think we'll put in a request tonight.

Atchley
02-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Aruba and Jamaica are not preferred locations, but it was just a quick walk across the bridges and island to get to OPR. It took about 5 minutes or so to walk there. I would definately request Aruba or Jamaica again. I really liked that location.

gooftroop22
02-17-2008, 12:49 PM
My family and I stayed in Martinique and it was the best! There wasn't that much of a walk to the Old Port Royale or to the Bus Stops. We hardly waited at all for the buses to come. As stated before it depends on where the buses are coming from since there are multiple entrances to CBR.

I would recommend the Martinique section for sure!

CleveRocks
02-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Buses to/from Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney start at Martinique, and from there stop at Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and finally Barbados before going to the destination.

Buses to/from Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom start at Jamaica, and from there stop at Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, OPR, Trinidad North and finallt Trinidad South before going to the destination.