PDA

View Full Version : 1st time posting- WL vs Swan Question

emmiesmom
02-17-2008, 08:24 AM
This is my first post after much lurking:cool1: ... I was wondering if some WL and Swan experts could help me out. My DH, DD and DM and I are going in July and have 2 rooms at the Swan- we just found a great rate that will work out to be the same amount of $ for WL so now we're debating switching...
Are there reasons we should/should not?
Is the theming of WL something a 3 yr old would enjoy?
We're thinking with our DD being 3 we'll spend a lot of time in the MK-I've read the thread that the boats run to the MK 1/2 hr before the park opens but what if you have reservations before the park opens?
How long does the boat take to MK?
Does WL have rooms that connect?
Thanks for any help/advice!!:yay:

Disney Ron
02-17-2008, 08:35 AM
I would definitely recommend switching to WL !!!!

First reason, magical express does not include Swan or Dolphin.

The boat ride is about 15 minutes. This is our preferred method of transportation.

Theming is amazing. All ages will love it. Things your 3 year old will love. Wild bunnies and ducks roaming property. There is a geyser. Pool is very nice. Lobby has a small bridge with a stream flowing through.

We own DVC here so I can not say enough...I will be there in 3 days! This is definitely a New England setting!

Mrs. Disney Ron

Samsma
02-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Welcome!!! And definitely do switch!!!! We just got back from the WL and had a wonderful time. I have stayed at the Swan, and honestly I would do a value before the Swan again. And we stayed there for free on starpoints. The Disney Magic was definitely missing for me at the Swan. The WL on the other hand is very special and I'm sure with the boat access to MK you will be at the right place with a 3 year old. We paid for a woods view room and were upgraded to an inner courtyard. The room has recently redone and had a flat screen TV and very nice furnishings. We walked to Fort Wilderness and saw a bald eagle on the way, petted ponies and ate at Trail's End. Great fried chicken!

emmiesmom
02-17-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks Samsa and Mrs. Disney Ron!!
I've been leaning to WL but DH has been worried about the ME transportation and to the parks in general...I myself LOVE the idea of ME - 1 DD toddler, 1 DM who can't lift anything over 15lbs- ME taking care of our bags sounds like heaven to me!!

waughzoo
02-17-2008, 09:03 AM
We stayed last summer at WL with children ages 5 and 3 and it was a wonderful experience. I am curious to know about your great deal at WL. I am trying to convice my DH to take us back again this summer.

emmiesmom
02-17-2008, 09:15 AM
We stayed last summer at WL with children ages 5 and 3 and it was a wonderful experience. I am curious to know about your great deal at WL. I am trying to convice my DH to take us back again this summer.
We found a rate through AAA for a standard view room for less than $200 a night for July value season during the week Sun- Thurs - seems good to us when compared to the Swan!:confused3
When you stayed at WL did you ever do any breakfasts in MK before park opening? How did it work out getting there?

Disney Ron
02-17-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks Samsa and Mrs. Disney Ron!!
I've been leaning to WL but DH has been worried about the ME transportation and to the parks in general...I myself LOVE the idea of ME - 1 DD toddler, 1 DM who can't lift anything over 15lbs- ME taking care of our bags sounds like heaven to me!!

I have a 16 month old DS. Nothing beats handing your bags over and them magically appearing in your room. With little ones there is enough to lug around without suitcases. I do not know about you but we have the stroller, carseat, diaper bag, pocketbook and video camera. ME is so easy.

Happy planning!
Mrs. Disney Ron

Samsma
02-17-2008, 09:35 AM
There is a bus to the parks before opening, and I believe the boat will start running early too. We had reservations at CP for 8:10 on our checkout day, but didn't make it:sad2: You can ask them when you check in. Also, don't forget to ask to do the flag family at check in. We didn't get to do it, but we did meet Ranger Stan. (He takes you up). A very nice man.

waughzoo
02-17-2008, 09:49 AM
We never did any breakfasts during our trip last summer. We did do the DDP and used our TS meals for dinner. We took the boat to MK most of the time. One time we took the boat to the Contempory and then just walked to MK. We usually got an early start and tried to be at the opening of whatever park we decided to attend that day.

One evening we took the boat to the Contempory and then took the monorail to the Poly for dinner and then jumped back on the monorail to MK. Plus, you always the bus to take as well.

emmiesmom
02-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Thank you all so much!!:thumbsup2 Have a great trip Mrs. Disney Ron!! I wish we were going away from the cold now!
All your info and tips have been relayed to DH and it sounds like we are going to WL !!!:cool1:
Now I'm off to rearrange my ADR's from Epcot areas to MK resorts etc...

mpbs
02-17-2008, 01:24 PM
I have never stayed at the Swan, but Easter 07 I stayed at FW. My family (husband & 2 teenage boys) loved it.
Last summer we stayed at the BWI that shared a bus with the Swan & Dolphin, I can remember picking up the Swan & Dolphin last. The bus was usually full and they had to stand.
IMO FW or BWI (great pool)

Disney Ron
02-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Thank you all so much!!:thumbsup2 Have a great trip Mrs. Disney Ron!! I wish we were going away from the cold now!
All your info and tips have been relayed to DH and it sounds like we are going to WL !!!:cool1:
Now I'm off to rearrange my ADR's from Epcot areas to MK resorts etc...

Thanks, we will...I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we plan too! You won't regret the switch.

Mrs. Disney Ron