PDA

View Full Version : Easter Activities and Religious Services at Resorts

canwegosoon
02-16-2008, 11:38 PM
A few days ago I emailed disney since I have not been able to find the 2008 updated information re: religious services and resort activities.

Here is the answer I got today:

Dear Terri,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

Terri, we appreciate your interest. At this time no announcement has
been made regarding Easter Mass or activities at the resorts. Please
check back later closer to the holiday period.

We look forward to your visit.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Lainie Weidner

WDW Online Communications

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and
should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

If this is important to you we are almost 30 days out...not a good sign...please email or call someone and let your feelings known. It may be too late for this year if plans are not in progress by now. Religious services should be able to be accomodated even with only 30 days notice. Resort activities might be another story. I think WDW needs to realize Easter is important to their customer base.

canwegosoon
02-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Bump

BroadwayGirl
02-18-2008, 09:40 AM
You have to remember that it isn't only Disney doing the planning. They need to coordinate with the Diocese of Orlando for Roman Catholic Masses and other religious leaders for nondenominational services. I would be very surprised if there were not services held at the Fantasia Ballroom again this year but until the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed they cannot release the information.

And frankly, Disney is not obligated to provide any religious services on property - they have done it for years as a courtesy to their guests but really it is up to their guests to plan accordingly. When I travel outside of my hometown, I always check with masstimes.org to find out about Catholic churches in the area I will be visiting before I leave home because it is MY responsibility to plan my vacation to include fulfilling my religious obligations.

Should Easter services not be offered at one of the convention centers then the front desk at your resort will have information and directions about local churches that you can visit to fulfill your religious obligations. The Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine is quite close and will be having several Easter Masses as well as an Easter Vigil Mass. Taxis are usually available at all WDW resorts if you need transportation. However, I feel pretty confident that services will be offered somewhere on property so you won't have to worry.