PDA

View Full Version : Crocs

racheljessicasara
02-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Should I or shouldn't I???

I just orderd the mary-jane style figuring they are a LITLLE less ugly. Are they really as comfy as I have seem to heard?
Three days at the world....I am worried about my super-comfy leather Clarks flip flops and if they would really be comfy enough for THAT much walking.

Safari Queen
02-16-2008, 07:30 PM
I love my Clarks -- I have flats and sandals -- and wear them at home but find Crocs more comfortable for WDW because I don't have to worry about water from rides/fountains and they're very light. I have worn the Clarks in the winter at WDW and at DLR with no foot problems, but they're so expensive I hate to wear them out with all the walking we do. Basically, Clarks are for when I'm concerned mostly with how I look and Crocs are for when I care mostly how I'll feel.

padalyn
02-16-2008, 08:48 PM
I suggest you take socks to wear with the crocs - I find the tiny nubs tend to irritate my feet when worn without socks. I wear them as a nurse and am on my feet for 12 to 14 hours without any difficutly.

I will always suggest a second pair of shoes anyway - I like to change shoes halfway through the day - give the "pids" a liitle break.

cancer_survivor_06
02-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Two weeks ago during my trip I had to start wearing my tennis shoes for the support b/c my heel was hurting, while grant it my shoes are 8 yrs old they are practically brand new w/ maybe two years worth of wear but b/c they are as old as they are the glue on the bottom that holds the rubber one decided it didn't want to work anymore and the whole rubber peice on one shoe fell off the first day. As much as hated it I was going to buy a pair of the regular pink and white crocs but they didn't have my size so I decided I will just wear my shoes well low and behold two days later the other one fell off so I needed some thing to wear and I wasn't leaving property to go buy shoes so as I was leaving MGM/DHS I found in the gift shop the disney mary jane crocs and they were great I haven't stopped wearing them, I haven't had the problem that a pp mentioned so you may want to try them out. I like them so much they are the only style/pair of crocs that I have ever owned and I am ready to buy a couple more and the ballet flats. I wore them for three days in disney and they were especially great for AK. My dh and I went out friday night and we took dd7 to the movie and after I got dressed I didn't even want to put my going out shoes on I wanted to wear my crocs. HTH, have a great trip!

ak1024
02-17-2008, 11:51 AM
I haven't tried the mary jane crocs but I do have a couple of regular pairs (including pink Mickeys) that I wear at WDW. I had terrible problems with wearing my tennis shoes and after several years of walking at WDW and being in misery I tried wearing the crocs with a thin pair of low cut socks. What a huge difference! I haven't had any problems with my feet since. I won't go back to WDW without them!

PrincessShea
02-17-2008, 12:09 PM
I have Croc Ithacas (which are like flip-flops) that I think are really comfortable. I wore all last summer and don't remember them hurting me at all. I don't own any gym shoes and I'd hate to have to buy them just for Disney. Anyone ever use them?

TheLostRescueRanger
02-17-2008, 01:14 PM
i wear my crocs everyday when im in disney.. just watch if u get black and the sun is out your feet will COOK :lmao:

SweaterInJune
02-17-2008, 03:00 PM
While I think crocs are about as ugly and unfashionable as shoes come(classic, clog style), I'm finding that they really must be comfortable because the entire (large) population wearing them can't honestly like the way they look. I may have to try a pair, but NOT in the clog style... probably the mary-janes ("Alice") because they're actually adorable!

Anyhow, the real reason I'm replying is that here in Germany, I've discovered women wearing "winter crocs": the clog style with a fleece lining! Unbelievable! I slipped one on: comfortable, yes, but I'd have to draw the line there... I don't understand it!

Have these caught on elsewhere too? I'm sure they must have, or will by next winter...

puggymom
02-17-2008, 07:24 PM
I have Croc Ithacas (which are like flip-flops) that I think are really comfortable. I wore all last summer and don't remember them hurting me at all. I don't own any gym shoes and I'd hate to have to buy them just for Disney. Anyone ever use them?

I wore the Ithacas on my October trip everyday, loved them so much bought a second pair. Took both pairs on the trip I just returned from.

Love my croc Ithacas. I should mention I have terrible foot problems, I wear orthotics in the real world, but nothing is more comfy then my Ithacas.

serendipity
02-17-2008, 08:15 PM
I just bought a pair online of the beach version cotton candy and white Mickey heads. Honestly, I'm the girl who wears black 4 inch stilettos everyday, but when I'm walking around a theme park it's just not worth it. I am usually at the parks wearing sneakers and two pairs of thick socks but I hope this will be better because that method isn't conducive to going on anything with water. Save the fashion for dinner!

kykatt2
02-17-2008, 08:27 PM
I own the "Mary-Janes" and the "Cayman" and the Cayman's are more comfortable all around. The soles are thicker and more bounce means happer feet.:cool1: :banana:

No matter which style you wear on croc's in WDW wear the socks.!!:goodvibes They are all better than tennis shoes and Sandals.

Yes they are UGLY !! :crazy2: But at my age (39.95 + shipping and handlling :goodvibes ) And with 2 kids.... It's ALL ABOUT THE COMFORT!!!:banana: :cool1:

moepanz
02-17-2008, 08:59 PM
My DH and I swear by the Athens crocs (flip flop) We had the on the whole time (8 days) Except for one night we got to go out without the kiddes and wore our sneakers (it was a little chilly) We were in agony back hurt feet too just from 1 night in Epoct. We learned our lesson!

drnlhome
02-17-2008, 09:10 PM
I love my crocs. Yes, they are ugly but so nice and comfortable. I tried them last year w/o socks and never again. Blister city! I bought low cut socks this time so that should help. I had worn Keens last year and my feet and lower back have never hurt so much. I have size 10 (women's) and found out later that you need to have half a size up. There was no way I was wearing a size 11 (no 10 1/2). I would have tripped all day! When I got back to the hotel, I put the crocs on and I swear I heard my feet sigh with relief! :yay:

ashlynnmom
02-17-2008, 10:49 PM
I bought Mary Jane Crocs two days before our Disney World trip in May. I brought extra shoes just in case the Crocs didn't work out. I ended up wearing my Crocs every single day (8 days) with know problems at all. I would def recommend wearing Crocs!

Should I or shouldn't I???

I just orderd the mary-jane style figuring they are a LITLLE less ugly. Are they really as comfy as I have seem to heard?
Three days at the world....I am worried about my super-comfy leather Clarks flip flops and if they would really be comfy enough for THAT much walking.

racheljessicasara
02-17-2008, 11:25 PM
I bought Mary Jane Crocs two days before our Disney World trip in May. I brought extra shoes just in case the Crocs didn't work out. I ended up wearing my Crocs every single day (8 days) with know problems at all. I would def recommend wearing Crocs!

Did you ear socks with them? Can't bring myself to do that with shorts! Jeans maybe, but not shorts. I know, stupid of me. No one cares!

Jen76b
02-18-2008, 10:43 AM
I actually took the advice of so many people on the boards and bought Crocs. I wore them to the store and small trips, trying to break them in. As ugly as they are, I thought they were comfortable so I wore them my 1st day at WDW. Boy was I wrong! The little nubs hurt my feet. The next day I switched to my Teva mush, but since the bottom of my feet were still sore from the Crocs, the Tevas didn't help me. Luckily it was only a 3 days trip, and we went on the Disney cruise, but I so regret wearing my crocs. I'll never wear them again for a long period.

wezee
02-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Love my Mickey Crocs, wear them all day long on vacation, and never get a blister (and I usually don't wear socks with them). I have the Mary Janes, but they are my least favorite and I rarely wear them. I recently bought a pair of "Alice", which are like the ballerina slippers and love them.
And living in Ohio, this winter I have lived (none stop) in my Mamouth Crocs.....I don't care how they look, I love them!!!!!!

PS.....My Mom wore her Clarks to WDW in Oct. and got bad blisters the very first day. She said she had never gotten blister with them before, but I don't think she had any clue as to how much walking we would be doing at WDW.

TMWilson7196
02-18-2008, 04:25 PM
I love my Crocs. I wear them all the time when I go to WDW. Sometimes with socks sometimes without. I say definately get them and wear them to WDW. I have a pair of black Mickey ones I wear.

kentuckywinter
02-18-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm definitely getting a pair of crocs for our trip this summer. Anyone know of any good sales for them online right now?