PDA

View Full Version : What does everyone think about the beach club?? Beach club with kids??

Disneyfan1977
02-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Just curious what everyone thinks?

mericletwins
02-16-2008, 03:29 PM
We have stayed there three times with kids and have loved it every time. :lovestruc Our kids are currently 8,8 and 7 and we stayed there in Jan. '08, April '07, and April '06. I can't wait to go back again. Neither can the kids.

jbpatrice
02-16-2008, 03:35 PM
We stayed at the Beach Club Villas in September of 2004 and loved it. There were a lot of families. It was just my husband and I at the time, but we would definitely stay there with our daughter and are looking forward to planning or next Disney vacation for October of 2008!!!

Also at the Yacht and Beach Club, they have an AWESOME pool---Stormalong Bay.

Disneyfan1977
02-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Sounds great...we stayed at the GF last may and it was ok. For the money, I felt there was a lack of that "disney magic". It was a bit stuffy. I really want my kids to love it. I stayed at the Beach Club when I was like 14 and I liked it but my kids are only 7 and 5.

I read a lot of reviews at allearsnet.com and it was all mostly positive, I just thought I would check with the members here....thanks so much!:cool1:

DIStacey
02-16-2008, 04:01 PM
We stayed at the beach club back in 1999 and it was amazing! The pool was awesome complete with slide and sandy bottom. The character breakfast at Cape May's was fun- ( I think at that time there was goofy and chip and dale dressed in their swimwear- not sure what it is now). Beaches and Cream had fantastic icecream and neat decor.

It's within walking distance to Epcot which is convenient and the Board walk so there are lots of entertainment choices right outside the hotel too!

I'd strongly recommend!

TJA
02-16-2008, 04:25 PM
It's a favorite of my kids. They are age 4-1/2 and Beach Club is all they talk about. There are mounds of sand and also an entire sandy-bottom pool area that my kids personally love and play in for hours each day. Then there is Beaches & Cream for ice cream treats every night....there is a character breakfast at BC.....movies on the beach at night....rent surrey bikes and ride around the lake.....fun entertainment on the boardwalk.....so many things to love about the BC.

MickeyNicki
02-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Every time we venture to the BC for meals or seeing Xmas decorations the place is a super mad house from the pool area, the beach area and the lobby area, many different times of the year and it is always crazy. We stayed at the YC and it was so nice and peaceful and relaxing.

tinklvr64
02-16-2008, 05:29 PM
We stayed there Nov 06 and I was not impressed and disappointed...although I loved the pool, the best pool ever! We prefer GF :goodvibes
Good luck whatever your choice it will be good because you are at Disney!:wizard:

MouseEarsForLife
02-16-2008, 06:39 PM
I think kids would enjoy it. Stormalong Bay looks amazingly fun! Plus the closeness to Beaches and Cream and the close-by character breakfast are major plusses. It looks like pure fun to me!