PDA

View Full Version : Cirque de Soleil

4stokes
03-10-2002, 06:22 AM
For our forthcoming trip in May (our first!), I would like to book one evening show and based on the comments on the Boards, am considering the Cirque de Soleil. First question, is it worth the money? There will be 4 of us and as my DS is 12, he counts as adult. Also, how do I go about booking tickets? Should I do it before we go or wait until we get there?

Look forward to your comments.

LynetteB
03-10-2002, 06:44 AM
Definitely worth the money! My children were 9 and 11 when we saw the show (Mystere) in Vegas last summer. We were spellbound from beginning to end. I would recommend booking before you go - it is a popular show. Seats are great everywhere in the tent. The number is 001-407-939-7600. They also have a website www.cirquedusoleil.com

Angeluk
03-10-2002, 06:54 AM
Yes! Definately worth the money! I'd say book before you go as it is very popular and you don't want to be disappointed. You'll love it:D

thefatman
03-10-2002, 07:12 AM
My kids were 3 and 5 when they first saw La Nouba, they sat there spell bound :)
This is a West End /broadway quality show hence the high ticket price.
We've seen it 3 times now and it is on our agenda for our next holiday.
Don't miss it.

WDWfan,uk
03-10-2002, 07:15 AM
....... another vote for Cirque :) :) :) A wonderful show!

caroley
03-10-2002, 01:12 PM
Worth every penny. We saw it for the first time last year and it's a definate for this year.

vernon
03-10-2002, 04:54 PM
Another vote for a fine show. The cost does seem high but if you look at what a comperable show costs in the West End of London or on Broadway the price is in line.

Silver
03-11-2002, 06:03 AM
My boys 5 and 11 LOVED Cirque - possibly even more than I did and I was the only one looking forward to it !!!!

Try Keith Prowse for tickets also. When we got ours in November I think it was slightly cheaper getting them through KP than direct with Cirque because of the dollar rate. Plus we knew we had the voucher for tickets in our hands before we flew out there which was a big plus for me. No hassle at all changing the voucher for tickets at the box office as we had already been allocated seat numbers on the voucher.

Julie

Janice
03-12-2002, 04:51 AM
Just another vote for Cirque here - fantastic and amazing show. We sat spellbound for the whole time and didn't utter one word!

I booked my tickets by phone and paid the extra for shipping - tickets arrived within 5 days.

If you decide to see La Nouba, you should get to the theatre early as there is a very entertaining pre-show and allow time for finding a parking space if travelling by car. If you go to the earlier show the parking may not be too bad, but for the later show it can be quite busy ;)

Allow yourself time afterwards to look around the shop - I am sure you will want to buy a souvenir or something :)

4stokes
03-12-2002, 05:05 PM
Thanks for all your comments!

Looks like it will be a definite for the schedule!

Caroline