PDA

View Full Version : CBR or POFQ?

wdwmickey
02-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Which would you choose: CBR or POFQ and why? Also can you please tell us about the Disney Bus Transportation at these two resorts?
Thank you so much! :goodvibes

wdwmickey
02-16-2008, 12:56 PM
DD (13) and I will be visiting WDW in October for her 13th bday and she posted the above question as she is having a terrible time trying to decide where to stay--can anyone help Rachel make her decision? She is looking for info on the pools, food court and how long it takes the Disney busses to make the rounds at the resort before heading to the parks. Thank so much for your help :) Cheryl (Rachel's mom)

Charleston Princess
02-16-2008, 01:03 PM
I'll give it a shot -- we have stayed at POFQ and loved it! I can't answer about CBR, but the food court and bus transportation were more than adequate at POFQ -- the pool was cool with the sea serpent slides. However, we have spent a lot of time looking at CBR pics and my DD (10) loves the island look -- also, the new pool area will be finished with the pirate ship and all (which sounds very cool to all of us)! We have decided that the next moderate that we try (probably summer 2009) -- for the island atmosphere and the new rehabbed pool.

snomofinn
02-16-2008, 01:54 PM
I can only comment on the CBR, never stayed at POFQ. We stay there every March for the past 15 years. I have 2 DDs, one is 21 and the other one is 14. When I ask them where they would like to stay, they always want to go back to the CBR. My girls like the beach area, they lay out in the afternoon on the hammocks. We love the theme, the food court is good. We don't eat much more then breakfast at the resort because for the most part were at the parks. We do however come back every afternoon for a nap or a swim at the pool for a bit. We truly love this resort.:goodvibes We have never had a problem with the bus system either.

Atchley
02-16-2008, 02:07 PM
I have stayed at CBR. My kids loved it. The new pool should be done by then. You can check out my 2006 CBR pictures below.

karemore
02-16-2008, 03:31 PM
We liked FQ because it was so small. It was so easy to run into the food court to refill our mugs.

The pool, store, bus stop, everything was a quick walk away from the room. It was easy for our group to split up and meet again because the resort was so compact.

The pool was great, the fact that we could walk over and use POR facilities was great. The boat ride to DTD was wonderful, we did that three days for extra shopping and a change for meals.

It was fun when the cast members gave us mardi gras beads too!

Buses were no problem, first on and first off.

gigi1313
02-16-2008, 03:41 PM
POFQ ALL THE WAY!!! (and i've stayed at both)

we were Very disappointed w/the transport at CBR (esp internal, to get from the farthest island to the food court took over an hour one day!!!! to save a 20 min walk)... POFQ is wonderfully compact and there's nothing more than a 5 minute walk :)

CBR's buses make multiple (like 7?) stops to/from the parks... POFQ, 1 most mornings and a few at POR some off-times :)

CBR's food court stinks... limited selection, almost no grab 'n go (no sandwiches unless you include lunchable pb&j, which i don't 'cause we have peanut allergies), a few of the counters are closed mid-day which limits the selection even more... POFQ has an extensive food court (w/beignets!!!! and awesome fresh baked big cookies), lots of grab 'n go items, and everything is served all day long :)

CBR's main pool can be a real hike, so choosing a mod to have a pool slide is a non-event if you end up jumping in the rectangle boring quiet pool... POFQ's main (only) pool w/slide is no more than 5 mins from any room... POFQ also allows access to POR's pool, which is fun and well-themed too! :)

CBR is a bus ride to get to DTD... POFQ is a short boat ride :)

timandlesley
02-16-2008, 04:17 PM
POFQ for SURE!!! We stayed here for the first time last summer after staying at WL the year before, we had some low expectations after staying at a Deluxe and were pleasantly surprised. The resort theming is awesome, pool incredible, smallness is great because yo udn't have to walk forever, customer service outstanding, BEAUTIFUL resort, great food at the food court and awesome transportation, always first on buses and first off and always had a seat. I have pics and reviews of it in my TR from last year in my signature below, check it out. We just LOVED POFQ.
Lesley

jess20k
02-16-2008, 04:19 PM
POFQ!!!! We stayed at FQ in 2007, and just loved it! Everything about it! The property is small, but you still get a very peaceful and quiet ambience. The rooms were beautiful and the service was terrific. We would not hesitate to stay there again! The bus service was fine. It does stop at POR if the bus is not full, but it is not bad. At least it stops and drops off at FQ before POR.

We stayed at CBR in 2004. The property was beautiful, we really like the Caribbean theme. It is a very large place though, and it took us a good 7 minute walk to the food court. After awhile it did become a pain, especially at night after the parks, and having to get our re-fillable mugs filled up. The room we were in seemed like it needed a good updating. We noticed some peeling paint, and other little things, but it wasn't anyting too major. The bus service was fine, we really had no problem at all with that. The service/staff was not as good as FQ, but not horrible either. We did not like the food court at CBR, FQ's was much better.

cinnderly
02-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Hello. :)

My son (now 6) and I stayed at CBR last August, and while I loved it, we will be staying at POFQ this summer when we return. The bus transportation is the main reason. The hike from the bus stop to our room after a looooooong day at the parks, lugging all our stuff and reminding my overtired son to keep up was a real hassle -- not to mention if he had to go to the bathroom or something and we had to run -- yikes! If I was going with adults I would consider CBR again, but with a child? I have to say I am really looking forward to a smaller resort with at least a tad less walking.

Hope I helped!

skipperkim
02-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Right now both resort pools are closed for rehab. POFQ's will be back mid March, CBR isn't expected to reopened mid Sept, something to keep in mind. Also, the upper floors at CBR do not have elevators. While I love the theme there, I need elevators too.

POFQ is my favorite moderate. I love the small feeling it has. It's so relaxing, the boat to DTD is great too. It has its own bus stop at MK in the evening. Since POR is its sister resort you can use the pools at POR as well as POFQ.

wdwmickey
02-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Thank you, thank you for all of your replies!! DD has always wanted to stay at POFQ and I think you helped us toward making a decision. :)

Doc CW
02-16-2008, 11:39 PM
POFQ its smaller than all of the other mods, the food is great, its quiet, relaxing, and the pool is really cool and well designed, and the atmosphere is always positive and calm.