PDA

View Full Version : All Star Sports a Homerun!

notsosnowwhite
02-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Wanted to share our AWESOME experience at All Star Sports...after many months of lurking on the boards I was feeling hesitant about staying at a value. We had been staying at mods for so long I was feeling a bit snobbish, but for the sake of my boys who were just jonesing to stay at the "baseball hotel" I agreed to try Sports. We could not have had a better time! Although the room was small, the hotel itself was a blast. Our stay was from Dec. 19-27 - very few teams, quiet, great weather, great service. The key seems to be knowing what to expect. Thanks to all! I'll keep lurking, planning our next trip!:thumbsup2

always_learning
02-16-2008, 10:34 AM
:thumbsup2 Yay! I am glad you had a great trip.

mdmbfly
02-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Glad to hear. thinking about changing from music to sports since all DS's are sports freaks.:cheer2:

sandybobandy
02-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Awesome! So glad you had a good experience!

We've stayed at Movies and last year we stayed at Music and loved both so we're giving Sports a try this September.

Thanks for sharing!

Tinks1984
02-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Awsome, thanks for the positive review :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I'm the same as you were, I've stayed a CBR two times before and this time DBF chose All Sports. I've been sat reading and thinking all kinds about going to a value. BUT, I'm not judging it anymore until I've been and experienced it for myself - and I'm sure we'll have an awsome time, just like you guys did!

Good to see people enjoying the resort, can't wait to go now!

karters*mom
02-16-2008, 08:34 PM
We are going on our first Disney Trip in April staying here as well....any advice?
Also what do they have for free refills for the mugs here?
I'm not a pop drinker so was wondering if its worth buying the mug!
So happy to hear it was a good place to stay!!!

heath-and-javens-mom
02-16-2008, 08:36 PM
We stayed at sports our first time visiting the world and I loved it- as did my son!
Glad you enjoyed it there!:goodvibes

notsosnowwhite
02-17-2008, 01:39 AM
The mugs are available - we bought these and used them for coffee and gatorade - we are not pop drinkers. Felt they were worth the cost!

My only suggestion would be to think about the building you request. We stayed in the baseball building and it was perfect - we were by the pool but facing the parking lot so it was quiet all the time. I believe the homerun pool may be being refurbished - you might want to check the dates of this. We loved walking through the football area each day. Also, I would suggest you take a walk over to the Music - it's right across the parking lot and we caught an outdoor viewing of movies by the theme pool.

If you drive to the parks watch where you park at night. Our first morning we had a hard time getting our car out of the back parking lot due to the many busses lined up for the morning routes. We parked in the front for the rest of the week to avoid this happening. We also used the bus transportation - worked like a dream.

angelmav
02-17-2008, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the review, you never hear much about sports, so its good to see that you enjoyed it!

karmalicousss
02-18-2008, 07:54 AM
Great ! Gald to hear you had a good trip !!

mnasmom3
02-18-2008, 08:19 AM
It's nice to see a great report on Sports. It's gotten such a bad rap around here. We had only stayed at mods before our last trip, but our family size changed and we ended up picking 2 value rooms for our last trip instead. I chose sports because of the bus schedule when they share. We had a great time and the kids enjoyed it more then the mods. We had a great stay and have decided to make it our new place to stay when we go to WDW.

Goofey Drool
02-18-2008, 08:20 AM
We stayed in the surf building on the back side away from the pool years ago. It was fairly quiet and it was not far from the main lobby, food court, and bus stop. I never hear people talk about All Star Sports much, but I can say that it was a terrific time for us.

jennyf2
02-18-2008, 09:41 AM
We stayed there last September & thought it was great! My boys were a little disappointed because the mail pool was close (we did know ahead of time). But we still had a great & are planning on staying there again this year

lustergirl
02-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Congrats! I love AS Sports as well as this is the very first resort we stayed at! I love the hustle and bustle of everything that is going on. Unfortunately my family has outgrown AS Sports. My husband and I stayed at CSR last December- it was very nice. For our next trip we are taking my 2 teenage sons and will be staying at the Poly! I chose a deluxe resort because of the size of the beds. My 2 sons will not fit in a double bed anymore at the AS Sports. We have always enjoyed our stays there and I am sure you will be delighted.

addicted2mickey
02-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Glad to hear you enjoyed it too!! Stayed there last year and would definately stay again. Actually we were upgraded to a Preferred room and didn't ask for it.

JoePa4Ever
02-18-2008, 11:08 AM
We stayed there in Sept & had a great time. We have stayed at CBR and CSR in the past and IMO Sports was just as good as them even though it's considered a value resort. In fact, I would stay at Sports before I would stay at CSR. We would definitely stay at Sports again, but this year to try something different we're staying at POP.

AllisonMarie
05-18-2008, 02:07 PM
I am glad to hear positive things about All-Star Sports. I am just looking for a clean place to sleep as most of our time is going to be spent in the parks. We stayed in Music a few years ago and liked that as well.