PDA

View Full Version : movie theater at DTD - busy?

packofjedis
02-16-2008, 07:04 AM
The Saturday we arrive is the opening weekend for the new Chronicles of Narnia movie. We were considering seeing it at the theater in DTD that night. Since it will be the opening weekend, how busy will the theater be? Sold out?

Has anyone seen a Disney movie in DTD on opening weekend?

(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I couldn't figure out where to put it.)

pepe of ohio
02-16-2008, 07:18 AM
We've gone to the DTD AMC at least once in the last 4 trips, good way to spend a raining evening. They have a ton of threatres, and alot are showing the same movie at different times. We've seen the Harry Potter and both Pirates movies when they came out and neither of the times were the shows sold out or even crowded.

iluveeyore
02-16-2008, 07:55 AM
If it is really busy, they usually have the big movies showing at more than one or two theatres within half hour of each other. You could purchase your tickets in advance maybe through AMC website? (never tried but know it's available). Enjoy! We'll be seeing that one and the new Indiana Jones movie at the end of May when we go!

Feralpeg
02-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Opening night for Prince Caspian could very well be sold out. Many locals use the theaters at PI and this will be a very popular movie with the teen crowd. They will no doubt have it in multiple theaters and that will help. I went to opening night of Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire. It was a sell out. If I hadn't bought tickets early in the day, I would not have gotten a seat.

That being said, I'll most likely be there. I'll buy my tickets ahead.

judykay53
02-16-2008, 07:43 PM
We saw Pirates of the Carribean last year opening weekend. We purchased our tickets ahead of time and picked them up at the kiosk. Had no problems.