PDA

View Full Version : How loud is the construction at AKL?

TheTXTaylors5
02-16-2008, 02:22 AM
:simba: We are staying at the AKL for our upcoming September WDW trip. We are DVC members and are staying in a one-bedroom savannah-view villa. The current villas are in the main building until the DVC construction is completed. We have heard rumors of the construction being loud and pretty annoying. Has anyone stayed there recently and how bad is it? :confused: Should we change our reservation to another DVC property until the construction is fully completed? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

:tinker: Jennifer

druidcat
02-16-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm wondering about this also :confused3

this post made me a mouseketeer...woohooo

grinningghost
02-16-2008, 10:02 AM
I actually turned down a seriously awesome CM discount for AKL when I heard about the construction. The person taking the reservation informed me of the construction noise and debris that might be visible and I decided against staying there. I was probably being stupid for doing so, but I just didn't want to take the chance.

My last stay at POR was during a renovation period, they were working on the roofs and other assorted things and it really detracted from the serenity of the resort. It was gorgeous in all other aspects, but having guys with hardhats outside my window operating heavy equipment was just a little weird during a vacation.;)

*NikkiBell*
02-16-2008, 10:06 AM
I have a studio DVC villa booked for April. I was not told anything about the construction noise being an issue.

grinningghost
02-16-2008, 10:19 AM
I have a studio DVC villa booked for April. I was not told anything about the construction noise being an issue.

According to the CM who was taking my reservation, they were required to inform guests of the construction taking place. Your CM must have forgotten. Hopefully you won't have any problems with it.:)

heatherj
02-16-2008, 10:28 AM
We are a little worried about this too. We will be at AKV at the end of Oct.

I am probably way off base but, my thinking is that by the later half of the year perhaps most of the "outside" work will be done and they will mainly be working inside. Therefore the noise would be alot less and there'd be much less visual contruction going on?

But I truly have no idea if my thinking is right. :confused3 I just hope it is.

Heather

karenklo
02-16-2008, 10:32 AM
We were going to stay there in Dec. but I didn't want to pay for a savannah view and have the construction noise all day. I was told that construction will take place only during daytime hours, but no guarantee about noise levels. We switched to a suite at the coronado. We'll save the AKL for after it is done!

stellablue
02-16-2008, 10:34 AM
We just stayed at AKL 2 weeks ago. While we did not stay in a DVC room (we got regular Arusha Savannah view), we did explore the resort extensively. Construction noise was nonexistent throughout our stay.

I think as long as your room is not located in the Sunset Savannah, you should be fine.

Breathtaking resort, BTW!:cloud9:

accountingbabe08
02-16-2008, 10:48 AM
on february 3, 2008 didn't hear a peep out of construction

mufasa0505
02-16-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm curious too. We'll be heading there on March 8-15. One of my employees was there in January and it was really bad the first morning there and their room was moved. As we're staying on DVC points, it won't be so easy to move rooms.

teacher5
03-23-2008, 07:44 AM
We have never stayed at the AKL but dd10 really wants to so we are planning on staying there for 3 nights after the Poly for 4 nights. I have a few questions.
1. Is the construction close to the club rooms?
2. Are there any club rooms with bunk beds?
3. Just clarifying, all club rooms have savanna views, right?
4. Is Bush Camp still available and would you recommend it?
5. Do the one bedroom suites have a better view than standard view club rooms and are they worth the price? We have one booked right now but it is only available for two of the three nights so would require a room change after one night. Worth this hassle???

Thanks!!!

teacher5
03-23-2008, 07:45 AM
OOPS! I posted this in the wrong area. I will post again.