PDA

View Full Version : Hotel only! Now want to get some tickets

mckinley
02-15-2008, 11:27 PM
I posted a similar post on the themeparks board, but i thought i would try it here instead, I have a hotel reservation only at pop century. I don't want to make it a package. But if i order some tickets online will i get them in the mail or can they just add them to my room key?

CleveRocks
02-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Here's the weird thing ... even though it's a room-only reservation, you can add tickets to the reservation, also. This does not change it into a package. It's still a room-only reservation, with tickets added to it.

Confused? Don't be. Don't try to make sense out of it, just accept it as it is!:)

mckinley
02-15-2008, 11:39 PM
okay, i didn't realize that. I learn new things from this board daily. But when i add the tickets will i have to pay the full hotel balance now as well. Or can i still pay at checkin. Also i need 2 adult & 2 child tickets can i get 2 now then 2 next week. Will they do that.

wlwilliams9
02-16-2008, 01:21 AM
I'm not sure if you would have to pay in full now if you bought tics now, but I do know that you can wait until you check in to purchase tickets. That way you can wait to make the purchase! Hope this helps!

jujashmom
02-16-2008, 06:20 AM
You can buy the tickets when you check in and they will add them to the room keys.

MrsBlovesDisney
02-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Just an FYI.....we purchase our tickets online in advance to save a little cash (VERY LITTLE). The tickets get sent to our home. Then when we arrive at our resort we have the tickets scanned onto our room keys. Also, I don't think you have to order all your tickets at one time. You may be able to order maybe two at a time if it would help financially. Check the Dis for where to order online.:thumbsup2

CleveRocks
02-16-2008, 08:16 AM
okay, i didn't realize that. I learn new things from this board daily. But when i add the tickets will i have to pay the full hotel balance now as well.
Like I said, if you add tickets it is STILL a room-only reservation. ANd the payment terms for a room-only reservation are that the balance is due at time of check-in.

After you pay the deposit of one night's room rate plus tax, NOTHING is due on a room-only reservation until you check-in at your resort on the first day of your vacation. NOTHING. Whether or not you added tickets to your reservation doesn't change that.

CleveRocks
02-16-2008, 08:18 AM
Just an FYI.....we purchase our tickets online in advance to save a little cash (VERY LITTLE). The tickets get sent to our home. Then when we arrive at our resort we have the tickets scanned onto our room keys. Also, I don't think you have to order all your tickets at one time. You may be able to order maybe two at a time if it would help financially. Check the Dis for where to order online.:thumbsup2

Disney no longer offers a discount for buying tickets in advance.

sassyat30
02-16-2008, 08:43 AM
Disney no longer offers a discount for buying tickets in advance.

Disney doesn't, but other sites do. ;)

Mrs. Chilly Twist
02-16-2008, 11:30 AM
if you sign up for the mousesavers.com newsletter they offer a link for a special mousesaver discount at undercovertouris.com, and as pp mentioned, you just buy a ticket or 2 as you have $$. They will ship to your home.

LSchrow
02-16-2008, 12:27 PM
we've had great experiences with the mousesavers recommended companies, but as others have said, it's only a few dollars saved now (still at least a mickey bar or dole whip tho :thumbsup2 lol).
if you decide to purchase the tix when you get to the front desk tho, you might want to consider purchasing disney gift cards, & adding to them (at the disney store) every few weeks or so. it eases the blow of coming home to a huge CC bill :scared1: (we use that "savings plan" to pay for our DDP, & incidentals every trip ~ it is soooo convenient, & i never get the "OMG!! we spent how much??!!" shock when we get home ;) ). you can also use disney dollars, we just find the GC easier to carry (plus it may be replaced if lost or stolen ~ make sure to copy the back of the card including PIN).
hth :)