PDA

View Full Version : Pool or no pool?

emmsmama
02-15-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm trying to decide btwn. a condo at WH or a Towhouse with a private splash pool. My children are going to be 6 and 9 at the time of the trip and enjoy swimming. For those who rented a place without a private pool did you miss it? For those who rented with a pool did you use it a lot? How big/deep are the pools with the townhomes?

Darcy03231
02-15-2008, 03:27 PM
We rented a home with a private pool last summer and the kids had a great time. The last time we stayed on property the pools were so crowded the kids could hardly get in them, never mind swim at all. If you're going during a peak period of time I would go with the home that has its own pool.

Mainebound
02-15-2008, 03:36 PM
My boys are 6 and 8, and I have got to say, that private pool is a joy. There is nothing like sitting by the pool with my book/magazine and diet coke (ok, occasionally something stronger), soaking in the sun, while the boys frolic. The big pool is also great, but I feel I need to have my eyes on them at all times becasue there are so many other kids.

It is also fantastic to be able to go for a "quick dip" without walking somewhere.

And DH and I have even enjoyed a quiet swim after the kids have gone to bed!

Disney Ella
02-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Getting our stuff together and walking to the main pool after a day at the parks wasn't something we always wanted to do, so it was nice to have the splash pool right off the living room. The pool went from 3 feet to about 4 1/2 - 5 feet. (I'm sure someone else will know the exact depth of the pools.)

Cazgal
02-15-2008, 04:56 PM
A great thread - because I am in the exact same situation :)

Which areas areyou looking at ? I would love to go to WH .. the pool there looks great but it is a little bit expensive.

bethie
02-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Just rented a WH townhome with private pool. I can't wait. I hate fighting for a chair, or loosing sight of your child among others and most of all, the thought of someone else seeing ME in a bathing suit!:lmao:

7165red
02-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Yes on the pool, you'll love it.

Cazgal
02-15-2008, 05:28 PM
How big are the pools with the townhouses ?

They don't look huge - but then I guess that will be enough at the end of the day.

From the photos I have seen it appears that the walls between each townhouse pool are not full height - but more like privacy walls - is this the case ? If so are the townhouse pools noisy ? Can you hear your next door neighbour in their pool ?

Can I also ask who you booked with and whatsort of rate did you get :)

Thanks x

sympatico
02-15-2008, 06:00 PM
The splash pools at the townhouse are about 3 to 5 feet (deepest place) deep. They are 12 by 12 foot square. I'm sure your kids will enjoy the main pool too but having the splash pool for those times when it's just for a short time or late at night after the parks is a big plus also.

kty
02-15-2008, 06:43 PM
my kids 6,8,12 loved hanging out in the splash pool for a bit later at night after the parks. they want to stay at wh next time as well. no more hotel in disney world for us.:thumbsup2

emmsmama
02-15-2008, 07:49 PM
At home we have an above-ground 15 ft. round pool that the kids love so 12 x 12 would be a decent size to cool off in. I think I may go with a townhouse with splashpool after hearing the feedback thus far. It looks like Windsor Hills has a wonderful community pool area that I'm sure we will use a few times, but having the convenience of a private pool might be worth the only slightly higher cost when compared to a condo. I like the idea of the balcony on the condo, but am guessing the kids would take a pool over a balcony any day :)

skmommy
02-15-2008, 08:20 PM
We were at WH in January and rented a townhouse with a splash pool. We paid $105/night including taxes and pool heat and thought that it was a great rate. We had thought about staying onsite at Wilderness Lodge and it was going to be about $292/night for just a single room. The splash pool was very nice to have - the walls are not full height so you can hear the neighbors some, but it was never an issue. It seems like the people who choose WH are a mostly "respectable" group :rotfl:

CrazyDisneyMommy1
02-15-2008, 08:51 PM
We rented a house in May 2007 at WH with a private pool and used it everyday, sometimes twice a day. This past xmas we rented a condo in Grand Palms. The price could not be beat and the condo was great, but we were there 8 days and only went to the pool three times. It was only a 3 minute walk, but just still not as convenient.