PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever complained to Disney and actually had a happy outcome??

joenan88
02-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Last November I had an issue with the Poly..our room was one of the "old smoking rooms" and it stunk..not only did it smell like stale smoke but the room had no fresh feeling at all. The carpets were wet..from being washed (which turned into a moldy smell a few days later)...and the dark room made it feel dirty. I immediately went to the front desk..by the way I was very pleasant and requested a room change...they said I was upgraded to a MK view and there was nothing else available...WELL, I was livid. I felt like they use the "upgrade" to cover up the actual condition of the room...I complained and asked to be moved all week..but I got no where. I wrote a letter and called called guest relations to only get the run around..but I am staying on them..I wanted to know some positive outcomes so I know all my efforts will not go to waste..:)

episode
02-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Did you tell them that you'd be willing to move to another resort? Or that you'd be willing to wait til the next day and then move? That way there WOULD be something available.

If there truthfully was nothing available, there is little they can do.

By the way, if it really stunk, that probably means that the people before you chose to ignore the no smoking rule and do it anyway.

FairyDust2008
02-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Personally, as the GUEST/CUSTOMER, I don't think it is OUR job to possibly see if another resort is available. We shouldn't have to ask that. They should have given the customer the option and made a serious effort to accomodate them with a nice room elsewhere. I too would be disappointed in paying the price that POLY/DISNEY basically charges for their rooms to end up with an old smoking room with smelly carpet. I'm not sure how in the world they even salvage rooms that have been smoked in. You almost have to do a totally redo and even then, I would think the smell would still be evident. I wouldn't care if it was a MK view room or not. If it wreaked of cigarette smoke, I wouldn't be happy either. If you are a smoker, it wouldn't bother you but if you aren't a smoker, that isn't really fair. I think you should continue to pursue but really I doubt a whole lot will be done in the longrun but I could be wrong. Goodluck and I'm sorry that happened to you. I would be upset as well.

DisneyBride'03
02-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Last year...I had a few minor issues...one with dinner at CRT..and a Cm at Emporium in MK...I did write a letter. I did include a glowing report also abt Pop and our stay there....I received a phone call and a letter with $75 in gift cards. The merchandise mail order also sent a gift to my DD10 to make up for my issue at Emporium, (a pin and tink cards) Guest communications handled everything first class. DH said I write "good letters"...lol
My recent stay at SSR, I woke up to find a blood stain on a pillowcase(not mine) should have been discarded, instead of being laundered and re used. Placed a nice call to housekeeping.....later in the day, a lovely basket of DVC stuff and goodies.

Most recently, our sofa bed was totally broken at AKV, my DS14 didnt sleep well obviously, and smaller child could have been hurt. They sent up a plush Safari Goofy for him.

So, my outcomes have been favorable. I do approach them with a positive attitude...not expecting anything....especially with housekeeping issues. I do add...."this could become an issue for a future guest as well..." so I am acting like I am on their side, and not against them.

THats just my story...not to be comapred with your problem:) So, you had to stay in the smelly room the whole time? I would have asked to be placed in another MK resort.....How can a person enjoy their "upgrade" of a MK view, if the room is not up to standards?
Good luck

FairyDust2008
02-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Did you tell them that you'd be willing to move to another resort? Or that you'd be willing to wait til the next day and then move? That way there WOULD be something available.

If there truthfully was nothing available, there is little they can do.

By the way, if it really stunk, that probably means that the people before you chose to ignore the no smoking rule and do it anyway.

The OP said they complained and asked to be moved all week and nothing happened. If this was the case, that isn't good customer service, plain & simple.

OKW Mom
02-15-2008, 02:39 PM
I had a heck of a trip in May 07'. As A DVC member, Stockholder and AP holder I do expect a specific level of service.

We spoke with a CM at OKW who gave us some $$ credit and 4 TS meals back after a disaster of a day with The Yacht Club's breakfast and transportation woes.

I had an exploding coffee pot that I had to clean up myself (It flew between the slats of the cabinets and I was cleaning the backs of their cabinets across the bottom), maid staff who could not speak english and so very many things missing from the kitchen I felt like I was picking. A few other issues I will also not go into.We were not compensated for the series of room issues, nor were we told how they would handled in the future.

I listed every one of the offenses, like our clean linens being out in the open with lizards crawling over them and got no real answer of how they would prevent these things from happening again.

The first email (June) was completely ignored. I resent it in July because my husband and I were returning in Sept for his b-day.

I got a phone call from a human with a fairly robotic response about "your comments are valuable......" None of the individual issues were addressed and there was not even an apology. She noted we would be back in Sept. and I guess that is why we got a really great EPCOT view from the 5th Floor of BCV.

I got an envelope in the mail and thought is was a letter, it was a solicitation to buy AKL!

I do thank them when things are exceptional so I think they deserve polite construction criticsm. Let us know what you hear back.

FairyDust2008
02-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Last year...I had a few minor issues...one with dinner at CRT..and a Cm at Emporium in MK...I did write a letter. I did include a glowing report also abt Pop and our stay there....I received a phone call and a letter with $75 in gift cards. The merchandise mail order also sent a gift to my DD10 to make up for my issue at Emporium, (a pin and tink cards) Guest communications handled everything first class. DH said I write "good letters"...lol
My recent stay at SSR, I woke up to find a blood stain on a pillowcase(not mine) should have been discarded, instead of being laundered and re used. Placed a nice call to housekeeping.....later in the day, a lovely basket of DVC stuff and goodies.

Most recently, our sofa bed was totally broken at AKV, my DS14 didnt sleep well obviously, and smaller child could have been hurt. They sent up a plush Safari Goofy for him.

So, my outcomes have been favorable. I do approach them with a positive attitude...not expecting anything....especially with housekeeping issues. I do add...."this could become an issue for a future guest as well..." so I am acting like I am on their side, and not against them.

THats just my story...not to be comapred with your problem:) So, you had to stay in the smelly room the whole time? I would have asked to be placed in another MK resort.....How can a person enjoy their "upgrade" of a MK view, if the room is not up to standards?
Good luck

The original poster asked all week long to be moved and nothing was done. I think they approached the situation with alot of patience in my opinion and I would be upset too that they have heard nothing from them regarding this incident.

episode
02-15-2008, 02:47 PM
The OP said they complained and asked to be moved all week and nothing happened. If this was the case, that isn't good customer service, plain & simple.

I read that as that asked to be moved for the week. Not that they went down and said 'I'd like another room' on their second day, third day, etc.

There is really no possible way that they couldn't be moved if they went down in the morning and asked to be moved. There has to be at least one person checking out in the hotel. If I was told that, I would have asked for a manager.

There could be more to it though, like there were rooms available, just none that fit something that the OP needed. (Like MK view or something) Don't know if thats the case, we just don't have all the info.

DisneyBride'03
02-15-2008, 02:47 PM
The original poster asked all week long to be moved and nothing was done. I think they approached the situation with alot of patience in my opinion and I would be upset too that they have heard nothing from them regarding this incident.

I am sorry, what is your point about qouting my response?

joenan88
02-15-2008, 02:49 PM
I did ask periodically all week to be moved but they claimed nothing was available..and they reminded me several times that I was upgraded..I explained to them that I was upgraded to the "stinky room" and I would rather overlook a parking lot..they just gave a smile...can you imagine?? I couldn't move resorts because we traveled with other couples that were happy..it was a bad situation that I expected a resolution on months ago...I was just wondering what they would possibly do?? I am going back in August for 5 nights and staying this time at The CR in a MK view..thanks for all the feedback :thumbsup2

DisneyBride'03
02-15-2008, 02:52 PM
I wish you the best! That is one time an upgrade is not worth it, lol! Did you write to Guest Communications? I would write another letter....list your other attempts of contact....your disappointment....and your HOPES of a better stay in August!! I would not give up, but totally understand your frustration!

momtoBrandon&Jacob
02-15-2008, 02:59 PM
I did ask periodically all week to be moved but they claimed nothing was available..and they reminded me several times that I was upgraded..I explained to them that I was upgraded to the "stinky room" and I would rather overlook a parking lot..they just gave a smile...can you imagine?? I couldn't move resorts because we traveled with other couples that were happy..it was a bad situation that I expected a resolution on months ago...I was just wondering what they would possibly do?? I am going back in August for 5 nights and staying this time at The CR in a MK view..thanks for all the feedback :thumbsup2

What sort of resolution are you actually looking for at this point?? Your vacation is over, you're not in the "stinky room" anymore, and you will be going back in a few months. What is it exactly that you'd like for Disney to do? :confused:

ellenmiele
02-15-2008, 03:02 PM
In 2006 we stayed in GF w/extended family on a grand gathering trip planned by my mother. When she checked in, there was a problem with the room that they assigned my sister's family - they needed to sleep 5 but only were given a room that slept 4 (and they said they'd provide a "cot". My mom - who was not happy and always speaks her mind if she is not happy - something I don't usually do - did complain (exact words - "if we wanted a cot, we would have stayed at the Motel 6" - I would NEVER have said that!! - and she hadn't seen the "cot" yet) but unfortunately there were no other rooms available that would have been at all close to everyone else's rooms. Long story short - they then offered her some type of credit if my sis's family just stayed in that room w/"cot" (I forget the exact amount but I think it was a few hundred dollars). In the end, the "cot" was the most beautiful and comfortable "cot" that any of us had ever seen! And, the rooms were on the 4th or 5th floor with the peaked roofs over the balconies and a great view of MK - REALLY nice - I sure didn't want to have to move!

summerlandjeff
02-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Last November I had an issue with the Poly..our room was one of the "old smoking rooms" and it stunk..not only did it smell like stale smoke but the room had no fresh feeling at all. The carpets were wet..from being washed (which turned into a moldy smell a few days later)...and the dark room made it feel dirty. I immediately went to the front desk..by the way I was very pleasant and requested a room change...they said I was upgraded to a MK view and there was nothing else available...WELL, I was livid. I felt like they use the "upgrade" to cover up the actual condition of the room...I complained and asked to be moved all week..but I got no where. I wrote a letter and called called guest relations to only get the run around..but I am staying on them..I wanted to know some positive outcomes so I know all my efforts will not go to waste..:)

We had the same "odor" problem at CSR last spring and got no where. The resort was "full" for spring break and nothing else was available. They did clean our room twice a day but it still took two weeks after we left to get the "odor" out of our luggage!:sad2:

Now other than this problem our experience with WDW has been nothing but positive!:thumbsup2

FairyDust2008
02-15-2008, 03:07 PM

Because I'm directly posting to your reply. That is why the quotes and I also was trying to say that the OP had compained all week long to be moved and nobody did anything. You had said in your reply something along the lines of I would have asked to be placed in another MK resort. I was just pointing out the fact that the OP said they complained all week long about this and nothing was done. It isn't the responsibility of the customer to ask to be put in another resort. If this person has a legit complaint about the room they were in and the POLY had no rooms available at all, then the resort should have put forth the effort to call around the other resorts and MAKE IT HAPPEN and then if the OP poster wasn't satisfied, then at least the POLY would have done their part in doing all they could for the customer. That is all I'm saying. It is all good:goodvibes

DisneyBride'03
02-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Gotcha!
I do understand your point....but for me, I perhaps would have been more proactive and said Move Me Please:) But, I wasnt there...she was with with other couples so that would have created another issue for the OP.

Anyway...I have had happy outcomes:)

FairyDust2008
02-15-2008, 03:14 PM

From what you've posted and I don't know all the story but if what happened to you at the Poly, I don't blame you for being upset about it. When things like this happen, everyone seems to jump to conclusions of expecting SOMETHING FOR NOTHING, like something free or gifts to compensate. I would think that if they would have made a conscious effort to just move you to another resort with an equally nice room, then they would have done their part. Now, if you didn't want to move and there were no rooms at the Poly, then there really isn't much they could do. The thing is, I don't understand why they would even have a room that smells so badly of smoke and expect non-smokers to just live with it because it has a view of the MK. I wouldn't care if the view was great, because if I had to smell a wreaking smoke ridden room all my stay and have the smell transfer to my clothes and everything and evey moment I breathe, smelling it, the view wouldn't make up for it. My kids both have mild ashma and this would NOT have been acceptable. GOODLUCK WITH YOUR NEW RESORT FOR YOUR NEXT VISIT. HOPEFULLY, IT WILL BE MUCH MORE POSITIVE and CUSTOMER oriented:thumbsup2

FairyDust2008
02-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Gotcha!
I do understand your point....but for me, I perhaps would have been more proactive and said Move Me Please:) But, I wasnt there...she was with with other couples so that would have created another issue for the OP.

Anyway...I have had happy outcomes:)

No problem. I wasn't pointing you out, only quoting to reply to your reply:goodvibes I wouldn't have let the 1st time of speaking with them slide. I would have too demanded to be moved immediately. This wouldn't have been acceptable at all. No view is worth being uncomfortable your whole vacation. I can go and be right up standing beside the castle and MK and have tons of up close pictures. I don't need a MK view to feel "special", LOL so the view wouldn't have compensated the smoke filled room for me. Have a great Disney daypixiedust:

DisneyBride'03
02-15-2008, 03:21 PM
You too!! Have fun at AKL!!! I loved it! (sorry Off topic op) :)

LSchrow
02-15-2008, 03:31 PM
actually, the one & only time we stayed at the poly, we did have a problem.
very nasty CM checked us in (honestly, the worst we've come across in over 50 visits:sad2: ).
it's hard to ruin my "good time" tho, so didn't complain.
waited a few hours (as many other guests rec'd their rooms), then we were brought over to the room by bellhop in a very sour mood, in an uncovered cart, in the pouring rain. we, as well as our luggage, were literally saturated, but didn't complain.
get to the room, notice the damp carpeting & a very "moldy" smell, and open the drapes. big ugly dumpster & debris entirely covering our patio. :confused3
i'm not feeling great, so went to lay down, when my daughter notices me wheezing loudly (asthma, but i never hear the "whistle"). so we turn on all the lights, & there is thick black mold covering the air vents, on the patio doors, walls, ceiling ~ literally all over :scared1:
i call the FD, who says they can't move us *** they're all booked (at this point, i had to leave the room *** my chest was so tight, i was having a lot of difficulty breathing).
after about an hour of pleading, tranferred call, etc, DH convinced them to move us (at that point, it was a matter of giving us a new room or just getting me to the ER ~ their choice).
the elevators were broken, so we carried our bags up the stairs with the help of one bellhop. we pass 3 men, one in a suit, who looks at us, then back at the room we came from, and with this really horrified look says, "what were those people doing in that room?!" i guess he realized (the luggage being a giveaway;) ) , & starts very loudly berating the other 2 men about the room being "extremelly unsafe", and that no one was to go in there "unprotected". he was so upset, it actually calmed us down a smidge.

so, want to know what our "compensation" was? they gave us free use of a coffeepot (they used to charge a few dollars a day) for the length of our stay. :banana:
lol

i never did call back, write, etc ~ someone obviously messed up & the "suit" took care of it so no other guest would go through what we did (hopefully). that is all we wanted. :)

TheRustyScupper
02-15-2008, 03:39 PM
1) We had a couple of really minor issues at the Grand Floridian.
2) We wrote a nice letter.
3) We received a letter that comp'd us a whole week for the next trip.

joenan88
02-15-2008, 07:56 PM
What sort of resolution are you actually looking for at this point?? Your vacation is over, you're not in the "stinky room" anymore, and you will be going back in a few months. What is it exactly that you'd like for Disney to do?

Your kidding right..something for nothing?? I do not need to scam for what is right..I spent over $6000.00 for a family trip and I had a stinky room..let's see how you would react if that happened to you..I am not expecting anything I just want some kind of acknowledgment from Disney...the fact of the matter is that they were transitioning into the "nonsmoking" rooms and never bothered to change the carpet, drapes and bedding..that's not my fault nor my problem..it became my problem when I didn't get a CM who gave a crap about my family vacation and felt that because I was upgraded I should be happy...just because I decided to go back doesn't make it right that Disney hasn't addressed an issue a customer filed against them.

jerseydevil1433
02-15-2008, 08:47 PM
What sort of resolution are you actually looking for at this point?? Your vacation is over, you're not in the "stinky room" anymore, and you will be going back in a few months. What is it exactly that you'd like for Disney to do? :confused:

Another person who actually seems to blame the customer. It's like you people feel as if Disney can do no wrong.

They can and do slip up sometimes. What most people want is the vacation they have been waiting and looking forward to exactly as described in solicitations in exchange for money paid. Disney folks tend to be good natured and optimistic, so customer rudeness is rarely a factor.

If the problem cannot be resolved during the vacation, I want money back because I feel ripped off, cast aside and generally treated with a contemptuous attitude, just like yours.

I'm in the process right now of getting satisfaction. Our 10 day stay was not up to par with any previous visits and you better believe I'm going to bring it to their attention and demand some satisfaction. I don't know what is worse, the phone calls to our answering machine despite the fact that we provided all of our contact information with times to reach us- they call when they KNOW we're not home and leave a robotic message thinking they can mark our file "resolved" or the fact that Disney really does not care about the negative trend I see in the parks and resorts. I have written letters to all management leaders in the Disney organization and when I get a hold of a real live human being, we're gonna have a NICE chat.

Fair play is a Disney TRADITION :worship:

IWISHFORDISNEY
02-15-2008, 09:09 PM
That really sucks you had to put up with a smelly room. When I did smoke they gave me a room one time that was non smoking and told me to smoke on the balcony until they could move us. I obviously pissed off the people around me and they gave a free upgrade to CL smoking room. Totally not exspected but very nice. I just felt bad every time I went outside to smoke and others were mad at me. Soooo glad I dont smoke anymore. Now I am the worst when people are smoking. Go figure.

suevee
02-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Your kidding right..something for nothing?? I do not need to scam for what is right..I spent over $6000.00 for a family trip and I had a stinky room..let's see how you would react if that happened to you..I am not expecting anything I just want some kind of acknowledgment from Disney...the fact of the matter is that they were transitioning into the "nonsmoking" rooms and never bothered to change the carpet, drapes and bedding..that's not my fault nor my problem..it became my problem when I didn't get a CM who gave a crap about my family vacation and felt that because I was upgraded I should be happy...just because I decided to go back doesn't make it right that Disney hasn't addressed an issue a customer filed against them.

About five years ago we had issues at the CR, toilet overflow, filthy room, poor housekeeping, I was unhappy but not unhappy enough to boycott. I did complain at the time but that was fruitless.

What I did was before my next trip I called Disney's Relations and very politely told them about my last unhappy visit. Then I told them I was concerned about my upcoming trip. What were they going to do to make sure that this time I had a magical experience that they advertised and not another unpleasant one. The woman I dealt with was very understanding and sent me some Disney Dollars to spend on my next visit...I think it was around $300. I did not ask for anything. I just wanted reassurance that I would not have another unpleasant experience. Our next trip was fantastic.

Matt71
02-16-2008, 02:23 AM
..that's not my fault nor my problem..it became my problem when I didn't get a CM who gave a crap about my family vacation and felt that because I was upgraded I should be happy...

Did you talk to the same CM every time you asked to be moved or were they all so unsympathetic?

You should have told them that your wife had asthma or something and the smell was making her ill. Sometimes when a problem doesn't dircetly effect someone, they simply don't take it as seriously, but once you add in the potential loss of income from a lawsuit... People's attitudes tend to change when something that initially seems to be an annoyance or inconvenience becomes a financial liability.

joenan88
02-16-2008, 06:45 AM
You should have told them that your wife had asthma or something and the smell was making her ill

I am the wife ;) I checked back periodically over my trip to see if another room was available and we left the sliders open all day. The one thing I wanted to avoid was to become a constant fixture at the front desk on my family vacation. I spoke my mind and complained whenever we passed the desk...I am the type that usually wouldn't let this go but I did for the sake of my kiddies and hubby who were all willing to live in the "stinky" room if they didn't have to take more time out of their vacation. I thought Disney was more professional then this...The bottom line is we paid a lot of money for a product that they did not maintain and I feel my family is deservant of a nice gesture from Disney to compensate them..in whatever form that is...for our next trip.

grannyminnie
02-16-2008, 07:11 AM

Wow! You must write an awesome letter.....

tiggersmyguy
02-16-2008, 09:58 AM
We had a not so great experience at BWI in Jan. I emailed guest comm. the day after we returned . Got the auto reply that they had received my message. A week later I snail mailed a copy of my email to guest comm. with a letter saying how disappointed I was that customer service was no where to be found at BWI. Same day I received a postcard from BWI asking me to do an online guest survey. You Bet! Later that week I got a phone call from executive offices saying she did not understand my problem. I explained as I had in my email and was told they had no record of my problem because BWI staff had never logged anything.(Housekeeping had told me they would be exterminating our room. Guess not!) They asked for copies of our tickets :confused3 which I found and faxed. A week later the same women from the executive office called back and appologized for our trouble(first person who did). She then issued us a $77 credit to my credit card (25% of 1 night stay). I was not expecting big bucks just recognition that someone was aware of the poor customer service at a Deluxe resort.:flower3:

TisBit
02-16-2008, 11:00 AM
I do wonder when the OP actually was at Poly, was it during the holidays (she said couple of months ago)....which could explain no availabiliy for an entire week.

Also, would it of required a "downgrade" to move, which wasn't acceptable? I think that if it has been a couple of months, you aren't going to see "resolution" of any type....seems that would have been handled by a manager at the resort itself. It seems that some of the complaints on the room also couldn't have been resolved, dark decor would be present everywhere......surprised they didn't come back out to redo the carpets once it turned "sour" smelling. As a PP mentioned, maybe there was a problem with the guest before your arrival causing a lot of the problems. Definitely an inconvenience...hopefully your next trip will be better!

TisBit
02-16-2008, 11:13 AM
If the problem cannot be resolved during the vacation, I want money back because I feel ripped off, cast aside and generally treated with a contemptuous attitude, just like yours.

I'm in the process right now of getting satisfaction. Our 10 day stay was not up to par with any previous visits and you better believe I'm going to bring it to their attention and demand some satisfaction. I don't know what is worse, the phone calls to our answering machine despite the fact that we provided all of our contact information with times to reach us- they call when they KNOW we're not home and leave a robotic message thinking they can mark our file "resolved" or the fact that Disney really does not care about the negative trend I see in the parks and resorts. I have written letters to all management leaders in the Disney organization and when I get a hold of a real live human being, we're gonna have a NICE chat.

Unfortunately there will always be people that want to make a huge issue out of a minor issue. I am not saying you are one of those, but I am sure CM's deal with this all the time, someone comes to the desk, complaining about the view/room/toilet or whatever and wants their money back, etc. Unfortunately when we go "looking for something" and will only accept that, we will never find satisfaction.

As PP have mentioned, usually the most satisfied guests are those that weren't looking for ANYTHING. I have been in rooms that weren't up to par, called and let them try to resolve it, if they couldn't we requested a move. If it couldn't happen than we saw a manager and explained what happened. If still no resolution and it is deplorable than I would not return...if it is Disney or anwhere else. But, I also try to be easy going and not get too upset until all options have been resolved.

Good luck with the phone call, but usually those end with the customer just being more upset after yelling and screaming at someone who doesn't really have control over what happened in the past or the ability to give you what you want (obviously you already have in your mind you need compensation back). JMHO

ilovecoasters
02-16-2008, 03:12 PM
We had a not so great experience at BWI in Jan. I emailed guest comm. the day after we returned . Got the auto reply that they had received my message. A week later I snail mailed a copy of my email to guest comm. with a letter saying how disappointed I was that customer service was no where to be found at BWI. Same day I received a postcard from BWI asking me to do an online guest survey. You Bet! Later that week I got a phone call from executive offices saying she did not understand my problem. I explained as I had in my email and was told they had no record of my problem because BWI staff had never logged anything.(Housekeeping had told me they would be exterminating our room. Guess not!) They asked for copies of our tickets :confused3 which I found and faxed. A week later the same women from the executive office called back and appologized for our trouble(first person who did). She then issued us a $77 credit to my credit card (25% of 1 night stay). I was not expecting big bucks just recognition that someone was aware of the poor customer service at a Deluxe resort.:flower3:

Last week I posted a thread in the DVC section about BWV. I'm curious as to what your issues were with BW that needed extermination. Our problem was roaches in room 2013. We received a credit of $325 for just a one night stay, when we expected nothing but someone to listen to our concerns. We found the manager more than sympathetic and eager to make our stay better.

stellablue
02-16-2008, 03:47 PM

Sorry to jump in here-they comp'd you for the whole week at GF for your next trip?? Wow, that's quite a compensation for only minor issues!!:thumbsup2
It must just depend on who is reading the letter-some CS reps are probably better than others.

Pkdcoastrs
02-16-2008, 04:20 PM
One trip down we had a horrible experience with busses when leaving to go back to the All Star Sports.

Now I know they like to pack them on, especially at the All Star's but this was NUTS!

We left a complain at the hotel and ended up receiving a call from the HEAD of transportation!!?!? Not expected at all, but he was GREAT and assured us that he would be looking into the situation.

Anyway, he told us next time we came down to WDW to give him a call. Fast forward to the next summer when we had booked a trip with a split stay at the Grand Floridian and Dolphin. My dad ended up calling him up, totally expecting maybe a gift card to buy some merch. or something small. The person ended up knocking THREE nights off our stay at the Grand Floridian!!! I can't even explain how incredible this was, as we had a special rate at the GF of $199 which even for us was HIGH.... but we wanted to stay in style. The luck of ending up getting the nights for free made it beyond memorable and cemented our opinion that magical things happen when you are nice about things.

tinaninea
02-16-2008, 04:22 PM
About 12 years ago we checked in at GF while they were doing some painting & updating at the resort. When we got to our room, the one without a door, the paint was still wet and the room was full of dust and paint fumes. At first they wanted us to wait in my Aunt's room next door (also dusty and wet) while they got someone to put the door back on, but my Mom could hardly breathe & we insisted on moving. They moved us to CBR. But when we got to the rental van (a whole different terrible story about this trip) it had flat tires from nails that were left in the parking lot. So in the end, Disney paid for some new tires.

About 6 months ago I was cleaning my aunt's office & found a letter from Disney dated in 1997 saying something along the lines of "Thanks for the call, we're sorry about the trouble, here's two complimentary nights at GF." I brought her the letter & she said "well, I guess it's a little late now.":laughing:

joenan88
02-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks for all the positive feedback...I realize things happen and I have been to Disney several times without an incident..BUT because I have not had even a phone call I was led to believe they just don't care..your uplifting stories have made me believe they do care it just takes time for them to get their act together...;)

surfergirl602
02-16-2008, 09:03 PM

Not to butt in here, but I've noticed that some people just click on the quote button when they want to reply to the topic and don't realize that it is responding to someone and not the topic, and it really has nothing to do with the poster. ( I don't know if this applies to you or not...) Sometimes the quick response button works better, but I really don't think its anything personal sometimes?

auntie
02-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Last week I posted a thread in the DVC section about BWV. I'm curious as to what your issues were with BW that needed extermination. Our problem was roaches in room 2013. We received a credit of $325 for just a one night stay, when we expected nothing but someone to listen to our concerns. We found the manager more than sympathetic and eager to make our stay better.

I was wondering the same thing?..I figured it was either roaches or bed bugs. Either one..just awful.:scared1: Did they change your room while you were there..I'd want another floor all together.

As far as the Poly..the WET carpet..come on...that's disgusting. Just plain nasty. Why would they put anyone in a room when the carpeting was still wet:confused3 ..especially with all the "mold" issues the Poly has been known to have had.

AlexTina
02-16-2008, 10:18 PM
We had a problem with our room at the Poly approx 2 years ago while they were doing the renovation. We checked in around 8 p.m. to find that the air conditioner in our newly renovated room was not working. We were bugged but made a call to the front desk and they said someone would be on it ASAP. Well we waited and waited and finally fell asleep with the fan on HIGH. So next morning called again, we'll have someone there soon. Okay so we go to MK have a great time and get back to our steamy room. By now I was NOT HAPPY!! I called again and gave them a piece of my mind, they did finally get someone there and it worked for awhile but broke at least once a day everyday. So as soon as we got home I sent a very nice but to the point e-mail to Disneyworld, my message was forwarded to the proper folks over at the Poly and we were sent a voucher for 2 free nights to use on our next trip. I will tell you that I did ask to be compensated, I feel like if they think they can get away with telling you so sorry then that's all they'll do. When I sent my message after our trip I made it clear that I expected to be compensated for my trouble. Good Luck!!

LaurenLC
02-16-2008, 10:44 PM
I have complained to Disney twice. Once for something that I felt was pretty big, and once for something smaller, but something that I thought was still important. Both times I sent "snail mail" letters to Disney park executives, which I really think is the way to go, I don't think emails are taken seriously. We received letters and phone calls regarding both situations, and were compensated nicely for our larger complaint. Being someone who works in the customer service industry, I felt everything was handled appropriately.
Hope your next Disney vacation is magical!

Knavey
02-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Yes,

We had booked a savanna view room at AKL and were given a very restricted view of the savanna two trips in a row. Both times they moved us after we asked to move to better views.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1712874

benedicttw
02-16-2008, 11:22 PM
We had bad housekeeping at YC one year. When I got home I wrote a letter and received a call from a manager. they asked many questions and said that they had received complaints on this CM before and would be doing changes. They offered compensation but I refused.

Another trip to AKL there was a mix up in the connecting rooms we requested. I was very polite and talked comply but did not let them get away with "we have nothing else" After talking to the manager in charge of reservations and then their manager things were fixed the next day. We were giving a breakfest and dinner comps. That manager also called us several days during our visit to be sure things were ok and e-mailed several weeks later to be sure our visit was satisfactory.

I learned to be insistant and be sure to move up the ladder until you get satisfaction.

sbm123
02-17-2008, 07:37 AM
I was and am upset about the pool closure at POFQ during my upcoming trip. I called to try and change resorts, but nothing was available. The CM said that she would let me talk to someone else. She said that sometimes they have rooms set aside for instances like this. The next person I talked to also said that I could not switch because nothing was available at Values or Mods.
She did say she would have $100 Disney dollars waiting on me when I checked in. I was ok with that until I got a letter two days ago informing me of the closure. A friend who will be staying at POR got the same letter one month ago. I am wondering why she got hers before me? I am the one affected by the pool closure not her. I am upset because I did have a room at AMov and then in Dec switched to POFQ for the nicer pool. I am only paying $400 more. Now I feel I am paying $400 more for no pool. I would be happy if they took off the $400 extra. Where would I email a complaint or send a complaint about this?

dawz1026
02-17-2008, 08:20 AM
After writing a letter of complaint regarding the room cleanliness at BC.We recieved a free night at BC/YC and 4 -1 day park hopper tickets.The nice lady also told me if any discounts came up she would call.I called to ask a month back and long behold I got 40 percent off our room rate.

joenan88
02-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Since you have not traveled yet I would call guest relations..call 1-407-W-DISNEY and when a CM answers ask to speak with guest relations. They may be able to help you before you travel...good luck! ;)

maxiesmom
02-17-2008, 08:38 AM
When you made your complaint to the front desk, what exactly did you complain about? The smell or the darkness of the room? Was it just the room decor that was dark, or were some lights not working? I'm just trying to figure out what they could have done to rectify your problem if the resort was full and they truly couldn't move you to a different room. I'm thinking they could have at least shampooed the carpet again and turned some blowers on it so that it would dry, but I'm not sure what they could do if it was just the decor of the room that you thought seemed dark.

TisBit
02-17-2008, 09:07 AM
It seems that a lot of people have received comps for problems with their stays...although it appears that Disney was a lot more frugal in the past with these comps. Unfortunately things happen, pools close for rehab, rooms break, there are bad employees or guests that make mistakes and create an unpleasant experience, but keep in mind, nothing is free. For every comp that Disney makes, they make it up elsewhere....which is why things seem so expensive. I think if you truly have a problem and Disney finds out that it was their fault, they will try to help you out, but they can't comp every guest for every minor inconvenience. It reminds me of the threads on the new DDP, where everyone feels that they should be given apps and have their tips reimbursed, because they didn't realize it changed.

tiggersmyguy
02-17-2008, 10:15 AM

We had major ant problems. There were litterally 100's of ants crawling on the chair rail of our room the first morning of our 2 nt stay. Yuck! I called housekeeping immediately and then the front desk to tell them the problem and ask for a different room. My major gripe with BWI was the attitude I received. Front desk said no rooms available bring your bags to bell cap and leave them till later. No offer to send someone up. Oh well. I was told to return to front desk later for new room keys. Came back at 3pm (with a sick 14 year old.) and was told room not ready yet, call back later. When I told the CM very nicely that we really needed to be in a room, she very unhappily called and found us a room (MAJOR attitude). Not a magical stay for us at all. No one cared. When I later found out from the woman at the executive office that they had no idea what my complaint was because no work order had been issued for the ant problem in our room, it grossed me out.

dzneelvr
02-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Absolutely:thumbsup2 A couple years ago we noticed the buses running inordinately slow for one of the parks (can't remember which one) from the ASMovies. We politely went into the CM desk and gave them the time, park name, etc. They contacted the bus center immediately and got things back on track. they thanked us for letting them know:hug:

joenan88
02-17-2008, 04:31 PM
When you made your complaint to the front desk, what exactly did you complain about? The smell or the darkness of the room? Was it just the room decor that was dark, or were some lights not working? I'm just trying to figure out what they could have done to rectify your problem if the resort was full and they truly couldn't move you to a different room. I'm thinking they could have at least shampooed the carpet again and turned some blowers on it so that it would dry, but I'm not sure what they could do if it was just the decor of the room that you thought seemed dark.

What to you think I complained about..a dark room?? NO..I complained that my room stunk of stale smoke and the carpet was wet..the room being dark just added emphazised the gross feel and smell...I didn't want them to shampoo the rugs again..then they would have stayed wet for my entire trip...

maxiesmom
02-17-2008, 04:52 PM
What to you think I complained about..a dark room?? NO..I complained that my room stunk of stale smoke and the carpet was wet..the room being dark just added emphazised the gross feel and smell...I didn't want them to shampoo the rugs again..then they would have stayed wet for my entire trip...

Well, I didn't know what exactly you complained about. That is why I asked.:rolleyes: There was no need to be snarky, thanks.

So, if the resort was full, and they couldn't make you happy in the room you had, what did you expect them to do? :confused3 You said you wouldn't switch resorts. How did you expect them to help you? It sounds like you tied their hands, and then complained when they couldn't do anything.

joenan88
02-17-2008, 05:17 PM
I didn't mean to be so confrontational but it was a very unpleasant experience..like I stated before I bought a product..for a lot of money..and they were unable produce a well maintained room...My Disney experience was compromised..so I do not understand why some posters feel that people shouldn't complain to Disney..It is quite fascinating...why should I have to move to another hotel..away from our travel mates and compromise my vacation anymore then it was?? I let it go and did what I could to rectify the situation..my vacation is over and I feel Disney should know and here my concerns....I missed some of my vacation dealing with this issue..why shouldn't I be compensated with even an acknowledgement??

kujoman
02-17-2008, 05:58 PM
To answer your original question, yes I have gotten results. I sent an email detailing exactly what happened, including as precise of date and name information as I could put together, to the Executive offices at WDW. I approached it from a standpoint of how it affected me and I am sure they didn't want any other guests to have this experience and left emotion out of it as much as possible.

I received a call from the Exec Offices a couple months later explaining in detail what they had done to follow up and when we arrived at our hotel, our room was upgraded and there was a nice basket in the room with a note that said something along the lines of "Thanks for sticking with us and giving us a chance to make things better" which really was the icing on the cake. I think they are great at making up for the occasional time someone screws up.

And yes people, even WDW CMs screw up. And I agree with your point that when you spend $6K on a family trip it should be a great experience and not include a smoked-in room. Heck, last week when I Pricelined a room for $50 I got there and it clearly had been smoked in and I refused to sleep in it. They were HUGELY apologetic and changed us right away. And that was in a $50 room! Bottom line, it shouldn't have happened (not just the room, but the service afterward) and I would guess that they would want to follow up your situation at a high level.

chocovrdmicears
02-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Yes. We had some problems during our last stay. I sent a detailed email to them explaining everything. I had absolutely no expectations of receiving anything, I just felt that I needed to share with them some things that really made our very important family vacation less magical. :sad2: Within a few weeks we received an email then a phone call from a very lovely cm offering an apology and 2 nights comp at a mod. They were very understanding, kind and generous. :)

DisneyBride'03
02-17-2008, 06:30 PM
would really like to see a positive outcome for you:)
THere are some Disney guests who do complain abt anything miniscule....to get something in return.

YOu are not....you Poly stay was not magical...I think a credit of some sort for your next stay would be adequate...dont you? Again, good luck!

grannyminnie
02-17-2008, 07:49 PM
A question for those of you above who have said you wrote a letter to the executive offices of WDW....would you share that address please? I have seen an address for guest communications; is that it?

auntie
02-17-2008, 09:01 PM
There is NO reason for wet carpet. Again..especially in the Polynesian, which is KNOWN for having issues with mold. I'd even go so far as to think this could be an issue for the health department. A wet carpet..that's just nasty. People could easily slip..then what? My dad is disabled, what if he had a room like that..he would fall while transfering if the carpet were wet. They had no idea of who might be occupying the room. If the carpet was wet..it shouldn't have been given to ANY guest until it was dry. It's been my experience that managment keeps a certain number of rooms available for emergency situations. We have changed resorts mid vacation, and the manager was able to secure us a room when Central reservations insisted the resort was full. Although this wasn't at the Poly. We've stayed Poly twice and once had a room that smelled horribly of cigar smoke, we didn't so much as put our luggage down, before we called and went immediately back to the front desk and asked for another room. It worked out fine. We had a room looking out at the marina area. I think the OP deserves some type of restitution, and at the very least an acknowlegement that an error was made, and perhaps a night or two on Disney. Only...I wouldn't hold my breath. It seems Disney customer service isn't what it used to be.

KAYLI'S DAD
02-18-2008, 12:22 AM
We had an issue in the past at allstarsports when housekeeping was cleaning they sprayed some cleaner on the table, which my sweatshirt was folded accross the chair and the cleaner must of had some bleach in it since it bleached my sweatshirt. So we went to the front desk and they apologized and asked how much it would cost to replace it and they took that much off our bill. I was actually suprised.

TisBit
02-18-2008, 07:44 AM
I didn't mean to be so confrontational but it was a very unpleasant experience..like I stated before I bought a product..for a lot of money..and they were unable produce a well maintained room...My Disney experience was compromised..so I do not understand why some posters feel that people shouldn't complain to Disney..It is quite fascinating...why should I have to move to another hotel..away from our travel mates and compromise my vacation anymore then it was?? I let it go and did what I could to rectify the situation..my vacation is over and I feel Disney should know and here my concerns....I missed some of my vacation dealing with this issue..why shouldn't I be compensated with even an acknowledgement??

I don't think anyone disagrees that you shouldn't voice your complaint with Disney if you felt your stay wasn't right...but I also think people are trying to understand exactly what wasn't right (you major complaint) and what you fell they could have/or can do now to make it right.

Unfortunately, when you post in this public forum, there are going to be people that see things both ways. A lot of people who have worked in the Service Industry have dealt with people that have a minor complaint and try to make it major (i.e. wet carpets equal free hotel for a week, free park tickets and DDP included). I am not saying you are one of those people...but other posters will want to know details about exactly what was said, when, to whom and than make their judgements about if Disney acted appropriately.

Unfortunately, as was said, if there were no other rooms (say holiday times when Disney does run near full capacity at all resorts and at capacity at the most popular) moving you was not an option the first night. If you didn't voice your concern to management during the stay, than it is hard to say the manager dropped the ball, or if you just mentioned the inconvenience in passing (as one of your post suggested) after the first day, the CM's wouldn't know the complexity of the issues involved. Or if they offered to move you, but to a lower grade room, from your free upgrade room, but that wasn't accepatable than to you, that will change peoples opinions.

I hate to see anyone have a bad experience, but sometimes it happens and there is nothing anyone can do about it. If Disney still hasn't acknowledged your complaint, than that is unacceptable.....but if you are looking for compensation, what exactly are you looking for?

joenan88
02-18-2008, 08:01 AM
I don't think anyone disagrees that you shouldn't voice your complaint with Disney if you felt your stay wasn't right...but I also think people are trying to understand exactly what wasn't right (you major complaint) and what you fell they could have/or can do now to make it right.

Unfortunately, when you post in this public forum, there are going to be people that see things both ways. A lot of people who have worked in the Service Industry have dealt with people that have a minor complaint and try to make it major (i.e. wet carpets equal free hotel for a week, free park tickets and DDP included). I am not saying you are one of those people...but other posters will want to know details about exactly what was said, when, to whom and than make their judgements about if Disney acted appropriately.

Unfortunately, as was said, if there were no other rooms (say holiday times when Disney does run near full capacity at all resorts and at capacity at the most popular) moving you was not an option the first night. If you didn't voice your concern to management during the stay, than it is hard to say the manager dropped the ball, or if you just mentioned the inconvenience in passing (as one of your post suggested) after the first day, the CM's wouldn't know the complexity of the issues involved. Or if they offered to move you, but to a lower grade room, from your free upgrade room, but that wasn't accepatable than to you, that will change peoples opinions.

I hate to see anyone have a bad experience, but sometimes it happens and there is nothing anyone can do about it. If Disney still hasn't acknowledged your complaint, than that is unacceptable.....but if you are looking for compensation, what exactly are you looking for?

I really have no clue as to what point you are trying to make. I am not going to entertain you with a response to your post...my posts are easy to read and very straight forward...if you do not understand what I was upset about then move on to another thread...

lghost
02-18-2008, 08:10 AM
As my little old Granny says "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar"

Sometimes I think it's all in the delivery. The screaming rude person will immediately be discounted by the CM.

Several years ago, I had a HORRIBLE mattress at the Grand Floridian. I went to the front desk and before launching into it, I commented how I was having the most wonderful time and the hotel was just lovely etc. Then I slid in how the only thing that is really bad is the mattress--there is a spring popping out and a giant dip in the middle, can they please change it?

Lo and behold, several minutes later, a CM approaches me in the lobby and tells me that they are comping me on my night that I slept like that!

Moral of the story...Just be nice about it!

lghost
02-18-2008, 08:16 AM
FYI...OP--I was in no way trying to imply that you were rude--I was just answering the thread question.

I agree with you that that is a bad situation and I would have been really angry also..

TisBit
02-18-2008, 08:42 AM
I really have no clue as to what point you are trying to make. I am not going to entertain you with a response to your post...my posts are easy to read and very straight forward...if you do not understand what I was upset about then move on to another thread...

I thought I was responding to your post about how everyone disagrees with you....

Even thought I showed some sympathy to your plight and agreed that Disney has not responded to your request....and felt it was unacceptable.

Obviously you are looking for SOMETHING....who knows what...but you are going back and spending more money with Disney, so must not have been that traumatic of an experience. Unfortunately, maybe if it is these types of responses you gave to Disney, I could see why CM's might have shut down on you too. :rotfl:

Unsubscribing.

joenan88
02-18-2008, 09:25 AM
The reason I started this thread was to see what complaints other DISer's had and if Disney had addresses their concerns/issues... with an acknowledgement or some type of compensation. You have posted:

It seems that a lot of people have received comps for problems with their stays...although it appears that Disney was a lot more frugal in the past with these comps. Unfortunately things happen, pools close for rehab, rooms break, there are bad employees or guests that make mistakes and create an unpleasant experience, but keep in mind, nothing is free

Of course, nothing is free I paid over $6000.00 for a magical family trip and my room smelled like stale smoke and my feet were wet from the carpet..your posts seem to imply that this wasn't a major problem because I would not move hotels and that it is OK for the disney resorts to have bad employees that make mistakes that create an unpleasant experience. WOW, and then you want to know why I answered you the way I did...I am paying a lot of money again for The CR in August in a MK view, with the meal plan and tickets for my length of stay w/hopping option..so I really do not know what else is left for them to give me for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!How about an apology!

taximomfor4
02-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Here is the thread about my family's first WDW trip. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=785797I learned a LOT about how to deal with these situations, from many of the replies to my thread. BTW they were NOT generous with us and we DID speak calmly. (I didn't get really upset till we'd been sitting in the lobby till past bedtime with no new rooms.)

Beth

breebella
02-18-2008, 11:46 AM
We stayed at CSR in Aug 07. I took my 2 daughters (14 & 6) and my daughters best friend (14). On check out day, we checked our bags and headed over to Animal Kingdom. When we returned to CSR, we called a cab to take us over to Universal's Royal Pacific. Our bags were loaded and off we went. Once we arrived and we started to unload our luggage, my daughter's bf noticed that her portable DVD player was not there. I called CSR immediately and they said it was no where to be found. They transferred me to the Supvr and I left a message. He returned my call and apologized for the lost DVD player, but said they could not find it anywhere. It put a damper on the beginning the our Universal trip because my daughters bf was really upset and she felt that her mom would be mad once we returned from our trip. Then the girls remembered the name of they guy who checked our bags because it as a silly name and they had made up a song to it. (Leave it to teenagers). I called the Supvr again and asked if they would check with this guy and I also told him that my daughter had left her cell phone charger plugged in our room at CSR and if they did find the DVD player, could they return both. It took a little over 24 hrs, but sure enough, they found the DVD player and even went over to our the room we stayed in and had someone deliver them over to the Royal Pacific hotel. We were all relieved and continued to enjoy the rest of our stay in sunny Florida.

Flametamr
02-18-2008, 02:43 PM
I sent an email regarding dissatisfaction with our room assignment at POR on our last stay. I have a handicapped DD. She does not walk well and has to be carried in a wheel chair or stroller. Well just our bad luck we got put at the absolute far end of the resort.

I requested to be moved as soon as possible but only got the blow off. Were full and sorry theres nothing we can do. It totally ruined our stay since it was just too much hassel to load her up and make a 30 min trip to the food court. Based on this experience I will never go back to POR.

Like I said I sent an email to guest relations when I got home. A senior VP called me and discussed my issues with the stay. She explained that the rooms are assigned 3 days before you arrive. She apoligised and gave me a special number to call next year. Based on my daughters conditions I can request any room I feel I need and get it. And she understood that we don't need a true handicapped room. Just one closer in so she can enjoy things too. She did not offer anything free but I feel the matter was resolved. I guess the real test will be when I call the number in September for the next visit. Wish me luck.

taximomfor4
02-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Like I said I sent an email to guest relations when I got home. A senior VP called me and discussed my issues with the stay. She explained that the rooms are assigned 3 days before you arrive. She apoligised and gave me a special number to call next year. Based on my daughters conditions I can request any room I feel I need and get it. And she understood that we don't need a true handicapped room. Just one closer in so she can enjoy things too. She did not offer anything free but I feel the matter was resolved. I guess the real test will be when I call the number in September for the next visit. Wish me luck.

See the thread I posted earlier. I got that same number to call (and used it).

Alicnwondrln
02-18-2008, 02:53 PM
I know of Taximoms issues and they were sad and the way she was treated was awful in my opinion. I had an issue there last year that was handled awfully. All I can say is that it was so bad that legally I cant discuss it.
They way were we treated was really bad and getting things resloved was ridiculous. It was finally resolved and like I said I cant legally discuss it.

evedein
02-18-2008, 03:52 PM
DD was married at WDW 12/05. The wedding was wonderful... everything went perfectly. After the wedding dinner, the happy couple went to SSR (we're DVC members) for their wedding night. Not only was it noted on the ressie, but SHE WAS IN HER WEDDING GOWN! After standing at the check-in desk for 20 minutes (there was only 1 person ahead of them & more than one CM behind the desk), one of the CM's looked pained & said "well I guess I'LL have to check you in. No "Welcome Home", no "congratulations", nothing.
When they finally got to their room- exhausted after the wedding, the room reeked of what smelled like vomit. They called housekeeping & no one came. It was late, so they went to bed. Some wedding night. The next morning, before going into to the parks, they called again. When they got back in the evening-still no response. That night I stopped by to say goodbye-I was heading home in the AM. The smell was still there - very strong. Finally. the next day, it was fixed.
When I go home, I e-mailed Member's Services for DVC. A week or so later, I got a response & an apology. The lady was very nice & asked what they could do to make it up to them. I suggested a free night at the DVC of their choice the next year (they were already home by this time). She sent them an apology & a voucher for one free night that they used last year for their first aniversary trip. So they did get a reasonable compensation, but DD & her husband have vowed never to stay at SSR again. Their attitude from check-in on was soo non-Disney. Last year, they had a wonderful time at the Villas @ Wilderness Lodge.

DisneyCatMom
02-18-2008, 03:53 PM
I was down for 9 days in May '06. Our keys to the world kept crashing. We were the first one's in line at MK and our keys wouldn't work. Believe me, noone was happy behind us:scared1:
We were given paper tickets. But they didn't work at FastPasses. Every day they would crash at some point and every day we (ME) had to go back to the lobby at POR and have them reissued. The CM kept asking if I was leaving beside my cell phone or credit cards. NO, I wasn't . We even went to Blizzard Beach and were told that we hadn't bought tickets for that park. WRONG! A lot of hassle. At night, we couldn't get into our rooms. Everyday this happened. Finally, on the second to last night I spoke to a CM who knew what they were doing and said that our reservation was crashing because it had been entered incorrectly at check in.
Well, it was worth the frustration. Without my asking, she credited the cost of 3 TS's, gave us 4 free passes to any park and credited us with 12 free passes to the water parks that should have expired because we did not use them that trip. She also provided us with free POR van for the last 2 days for personal transportation to parks and dinner at other resorts.
We leave April 9 for 9 days and we are saving quite a bit because of all the unexpired credits she gave us.
I did not ask for anything, simply explained that this had really been a hassle and wish that it hadn't happened.
She gave me her business card and I spoke with her 2 months ago to confirm that the tickets are still viable. She was so nice!:cheer2:

Hollywoodhaha
02-18-2008, 03:56 PM
My sister complained at all star music about them being about a mile or more from the bus stop and their room being in a different section than was said.

They gave her 2 free disney park tickets.
:lovestruc

internac
02-18-2008, 05:54 PM
I have been to WDW with family and friends too many times to count. I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly, as far as problems on property. Last June I used my DVC points to take family friends from Brazil to Disney so I could show them the best that Disney has to offer. On arrival at OKW we had a similar problem with the room assignment. My room was fine, but our guests room was in similar shape to the origional posts room, with wet moldy smelling carpet. It was also handicap accessable thus lacking a bathtub, which was dissappointing for our guests. We requested a change of room and were given a new room that was on the other side of the resort, which we also resisted because we wanted to stay close together. Due to high occupancy we were promised ajoining rooms the next night. After a full day at the parks we only recieved the ajoining rooms late in the evening the next day. When we moved to the third room I received a shock when our guests opened the door to find a room that had not been made up yet. The front desk appologized for the error and quickly sent someone to clean the room. We were offered vague offers of compensation but I refused telling the front desk that we only wanted to show our guests how wonderful disney service was. Due to the multiple changes in room we also experienced problems with the meal plan. At the end of our stay I was happy to see that although we paid for the room with points we were compensated with a $400 credit as well as added meals to our plan which we unfortunately were unable to use. I feel that in most cases Disney does what it can to resolve such problems and provides customer service far supperior than most in this industry.

surfergirl602
02-18-2008, 07:52 PM
We stayed at CSR in Aug 07. I took my 2 daughters (14 & 6) and my daughters best friend (14). On check out day, we checked our bags and headed over to Animal Kingdom. When we returned to CSR, we called a cab to take us over to Universal's Royal Pacific. Our bags were loaded and off we went. Once we arrived and we started to unload our luggage, my daughter's bf noticed that her portable DVD player was not there. I called CSR immediately and they said it was no where to be found. They transferred me to the Supvr and I left a message. He returned my call and apologized for the lost DVD player, but said they could not find it anywhere. It put a damper on the beginning the our Universal trip because my daughters bf was really upset and she felt that her mom would be mad once we returned from our trip. Then the girls remembered the name of they guy who checked our bags because it as a silly name and they had made up a song to it. (Leave it to teenagers). I called the Supvr again and asked if they would check with this guy and I also told him that my daughter had left her cell phone charger plugged in our room at CSR and if they did find the DVD player, could they return both. It took a little over 24 hrs, but sure enough, they found the DVD player and even went over to our the room we stayed in and had someone deliver them over to the Royal Pacific hotel. We were all relieved and continued to enjoy the rest of our stay in sunny Florida.

wow, did that guy take the dvd player? I shouldn't be reading all these... they are making me very nervous!! We're going for a 10 day trip at the end of april - our first family trip and we are bringin my mother, who has never had a vacation. We're staying at POR, magnolia side. I have asthma, and I am allergic to sulfa and cigarrettes. Yikes!!!

breebella
02-18-2008, 08:20 PM
wow, did that guy take the dvd player? I shouldn't be reading all these... they are making me very nervous!! We're going for a 10 day trip at the end of april - our first family trip and we are bringin my mother, who has never had a vacation. We're staying at POR, magnolia side. I have asthma, and I am allergic to sulfa and cigarrettes. Yikes!!!

Well, I'm not the type of person to accuse anyone, but it was kinda funny how the the DVD player was found after we asked the supvr to question the man. Its possible it was just buried under something. That's what I'd like to think happened.

Have fun on your trip. We've gone to Disney numerous times and this was the first time we've ever had any type of problem. :thumbsup2

JB2K
02-18-2008, 10:10 PM

Not to sound like I'm doing a plug, here -- but as you are Army, why not Shades of Green?

If you know the military, you know they mean it when they say "no smoking"...

joenan88
02-19-2008, 07:57 PM
bump ;)

SAINT1983
02-19-2008, 08:33 PM
My family (at 24, I am the oldest son of a family of 5 including my mom and dad, brother and sister and myself) also are DVC members so I understand what a poster a few posts ago mentioned about expecting a certain level of treatment.

To set the stage, we were staying at Saratoga Springs close to the final bus stop near the main pool. My brother and father left to play golf early in the morning while my sister, mother and I stayed back because we were going to go to Blizzard Beach. We (and everyone else who happened to be waiting for the AK bus) watched as 5 (YES, 5!) full buses passed the stop. At around the 4th bus, someone finally called the front desk and asked that they send another bus to pick everyone else up.

Finally, the 6th AKL/BB bus pulled up (after about an hour of waiting for it). When the door opened, rather than let us on, the driver came stepped off the bus and lectured an elderly man at the front of the line because he could have been struck by the bus's rear-view mirror. Then he addressed the crowd about how there wasn't enough room for everyone and that people would just have to "deal with it until another bus comes."

As you can imagine, everyone is pretty steamed when we get on and its packed to the gills. The whole ride, people are whispering about the nerve of the driver and about how they shouldn't have to take that treatment.

The driver makes his first stop at AKL and as it turns out, my mother, sister and I are the only ones left on the bus. The driver turns in his seat and asks "Where are you three going?" in a pretty PO'd voice. My mother responded that we were going to BB and he turns around and pulls away.

As we're driving, my mom and I notice that we're not headed toward BB, but to AKL (we have stayed there before)...THEN HE PULLS INTO THE AKL!!! My mom, starting to get upset, speaks up that we are not at BB and the driver says "I know" and nothing further. My mom then asks why we were not at BB and the driver responds that he has to pick up more people. My mother and I have almost lost it by now and we both yell "You told us we were going to BB!" To which he responds "You'll get there."

When he pulls up to the curb, I stand up and demand his bus number and the three of us storm off the bus. As we marching toward the AKL, he leans out of the bus and says "You know you're not going to BB!" and I turn and say "No sh*t!" To top it off, he turns back to the crowd and asks "Who's ready for some AK!"

Once inside the lodge I can tell that my mom is no where near capable of maintaining a coherent conversation, so I take the lead and demand to speak to the transportation supervisor. The CMs are incredibly apologetic and arrange for a personal escort back to SS by their hotel manager. As soon as we get back to the room, my mother calls her DVC rep and when all is said and done we had 6 "instant" fastpasses (fastpasses that print out a fastpass for the current time) as well as 5 additional one day passes.

All in all, it worked out okay, but still a scary situation. I always think, what if instead of 2 adults and a teenager, it would have been three teenagers whose parents said "meet us at BB, it will be the stop after AK." They would have been lost in the AKL! :confused3

wdwfamilyinIL
02-19-2008, 08:57 PM
We have had two situations, both were two years ago. We were staying at asmo, a total party of 11. At the time that we made our reservations, the toy story buildings were not preferred, we didn't find out until check in that they were preferred. This was what we had requested not only to make the kiddies happy, but for the shorter walk, just imagine how happy we were when we checked in and they said we were in the mighty ducks section. Our main point was that the change just took effect a week before we checked in, our reservation had been in place for months, they were telling us that they couldn't move us since we hadn't paid for a private room. Another part of our point was the fact that my sil was 7 months pregnant, a fil with a heart condition, and I have a sciatic nerve issue. I know what most our saying, you are already walking all day in the park what is just a little longer, it was just the whole point. WE thought that since our reservation was months old that the sole reason of putting us in the back forty shouldn't be because of the change of preferred rooms. To cut the story short, my family got moved the first night, and the other two families moved the second. I did have to kindly remind the front desk manager, but it all worked out. We just pay for the preferred room from the start now.

The other moment was a cm at mk, she actually worked at small world.....I have to admit I have never seen such a rude person. It's hard to think of magic when your being yelled out.

Well between the slow buses, and this moment I wrote a letter to disney upon our return home. I never thought that I would get anything, just wanted to comment on our trip. A few months later we received 11 one day passes to any of the 4 major parks.

cjackearl
02-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Sorry about your room experience. That would be awfully disappointing. My experience was a little different and had to do with dining reservations. I made priority seating arrangements('05) for cindy's royal table, chef mickey's, sci fi drive in, and o'hana exactly 90 days prior to stay, following all the tricks to get the castle breakfast (again, '05 there was only breakfast). I was 8 months pregnant when I called, with 2 daughters and husband. When asked about number in my party, I said 4, because obviously, my 7 week old wasn't going to take up a spot, not being old enough even to utilize a high chair nor eat pancakes and bacon. Anyway, I called back 2 weeks before our trip (June) to reconfirm reservations and off handedly mentioned our newborn. It was then chaos. The cs rep told me that I should have said there would be 5 in our party and that she could rereserve tables at Ohana and sci-fi for 5, but not the other 2. Sorry, I was out of luck. After telling her that I was sorry, I didn't understand that I needed to make a reservation for a person who wouldn't be eating or taking up a spot and that I would be happy to let him sit in my lap for the meal, please let me keep my other reservations because my 7 and 5 year old daughters would be so disappointed, she still was completely unsympathetic and repeated the party line about every guest needing to be counted, I lost my cool. I didn't yell at all, but I did start to cry. My baby was only 5 weeks old at this point, so on top of my utter disbelief that this was happening to me, I was a little hormonal. I asked to please speak to a supervisor. The cs rep agreed, put me on hold, and came back herself a few minutes later saying that she had talked to her supervisor and that there was no problem. We could keep all our reservations just as they were. She was sweet as pie. The moral of this story is that sometimes the first line of customer service doesn't always know what is possible to do for the customer. I think I would always try to speak to the person with the most power I could right away if the cs rep couldn't or won't help. Good luck!

pta-mom
02-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Sorry about your room experience. That would be awfully disappointing. My experience was a little different and had to do with dining reservations. I made priority seating arrangements('05) for cindy's royal table, chef mickey's, sci fi drive in, and o'hana exactly 90 days prior to stay, following all the tricks to get the castle breakfast (again, '05 there was only breakfast). I was 8 months pregnant when I called, with 2 daughters and husband. When asked about number in my party, I said 4, because obviously, my 7 week old wasn't going to take up a spot, not being old enough even to utilize a high chair nor eat pancakes and bacon. Anyway, I called back 2 weeks before our trip (June) to reconfirm reservations and off handedly mentioned our newborn. It was then chaos. The cs rep told me that I should have said there would be 5 in our party and that she could rereserve tables at Ohana and sci-fi for 5, but not the other 2. Sorry, I was out of luck. After telling her that I was sorry, I didn't understand that I needed to make a reservation for a person who wouldn't be eating or taking up a spot and that I would be happy to let him sit in my lap for the meal, please let me keep my other reservations because my 7 and 5 year old daughters would be so disappointed, she still was completely unsympathetic and repeated the party line about every guest needing to be counted, I lost my cool. I didn't yell at all, but I did start to cry. My baby was only 5 weeks old at this point, so on top of my utter disbelief that this was happening to me, I was a little hormonal. I asked to please speak to a supervisor. The cs rep agreed, put me on hold, and came back herself a few minutes later saying that she had talked to her supervisor and that there was no problem. We could keep all our reservations just as they were. She was sweet as pie. The moral of this story is that sometimes the first line of customer service doesn't always know what is possible to do for the customer. I think I would always try to speak to the person with the most power I could right away if the cs rep couldn't or won't help. Good luck!

I think your CM was having a moment of "power", wanting to push you around probably because she was having a bad day or was just not a nice person! Also, I doubt she ever went to a supervisor but changed her mind knowing full well she was going to be in BIG trouble if you spoke to her supervisor. You are too nice....I would have pushed the issue, demanding to speak to her supervisor to let them know what a rude individual they had working for them!! Imagine telling someone that a newborn needed to be added to the TS count!! Ridiculous!!

maxiesmom
02-20-2008, 09:26 AM
I think your CM was having a moment of "power", wanting to push you around probably because she was having a bad day or was just not a nice person! Also, I doubt she ever went to a supervisor but changed her mind knowing full well she was going to be in BIG trouble if you spoke to her supervisor. You are too nice....I would have pushed the issue, demanding to speak to her supervisor to let them know what a rude individual they had working for them!! Imagine telling someone that a newborn needed to be added to the TS count!! Ridiculous!!

I'm almost afraid to say it, but I can see the CMs point. (taking cover). You are not allowed to have strollers in some restaruants, nor are you allowed to have an infant carrier and leave it on the floor. The only way to have an infant is to either have it in a chair or on your lap. And I can see how people would push it if allowed, you know book a table for 4 and then hold their 2 year old on their lap. So while the CM shouldn't have been rude, she could have explained it better.

Even though the child is a tiny newborn, they still should have told the CM when making the ressies. They are a person after all.

gibsontrio
02-20-2008, 02:54 PM

You know I had almost the same exact problem but it was for eating at chef mickeys and I when I told the woman that I didnt want to get heated with her because I know it wasnt her call so I asked to speak to her manager and she told me that they didnt have managers to speak to and the only thing I could do was email them !!! So either she just put you on hold and didnt really speak to a manager or she flat out lied to me!! I ended up hanging up with the woman and calling back an hour later ,speaking with somone else who resolved it... funny huh!!

Andrea
02-20-2008, 04:34 PM

Wow! You must write an awesome letter.....

hey the rusty scupper can you wright my English paper for me ? my prof. hated all my papers so far... haha just kidding

Harley-Mouse
02-20-2008, 04:54 PM
We we geting off ME late and checking in to ASM where other family was staying. Got to checkin desk and CM didnt find our room. Looking whent to back came up front to the back. Here we go you have a room at Sports no I have a room at Movies with the rest of my family. CM TELL ME YOU HAVE BOOKE A ROOM AT A DISNEY RESORT AND THATS WHAT YOU WILL GET. Sprots is A Disney resort and you will stay there. We only had 1 night at Movies then was going to BCV so I told CM that he should move us to BC for the night. At this time he said that is a DELUX resort you bookd a Value.

This is when I said no I booked a DISNEY RESORT AD BC IS A DISNEY RESORT so what is the problem move us to BC. He went to the back and after tell his manager what happened he had to call BC and see if a room was open for the night. Then he had to drive us over with a van as we had use ME. Got the BC room for the same $60 we had booked movies for. I think this was the last time he told somebody thay booked a Disney resort.:banana: :banana: :banana:

suevee
02-21-2008, 06:56 AM
I read these suggestions somewhere and I think they are pertinent to this discussion.

1. When a customer has a complaint the company involved usually wants to make that customer happy.

2. Although the company wants to make the customer happy, it needs guidelines from the customer as to what course to take.

3. So, the customer needs to have an idea as to what will make the situation "go away" or be resolved in a happy manner for both company and customer.

4. Therefore, think about your situation then when writing or speaking to a representative express your solution to resolving your problem.

5. Be realistic about your expections but don't be shy. Also don't be aggressive or angry. Simply state your case.

6. Don't be embarrassed to ask for a specific recompense whether a room comp or return of money. You are not asking something for nothing, you are asking for a recompense for services paid for but not rendered.

7. Do not wait to resolve the issue. Resolve asap with the people involved or their managers if possible.

I have found if you use these guidelines both the customer and the company are happy. The customer for being recompensed for an unpleasant situation, the company for continuing to have a happy customer and good word of mouth.

I hope this helps someone.:flower3:

kristilew
02-21-2008, 08:45 AM
That's a great list. I just wanted to add: when I worked in customer service (for retail) we had a "code word" we were trained to look for. A customer could rant and rave and they would get a standard response. But if they said they were "disappointed" we were supposed to snap to attention and do whatever we could for them.

This was not an official word that any customer would have a way of knowing. I think research had shown that people using this word were more likely to be persistant in their complaints, and more likely to create bad press for the company. Also, that they had generally had good experiences in the past, had high expectations of service from our company, and were likely to continue patronage if their issue was resolved.

This was quite a few years ago. Flash forward to a poor room experience at Disney. I spoke to the front desk and said I was "disappointed." This did not seem to get a huge response until I added that we were having a "less than magical experience." There was the snap I was looking for. So maybe Disney has their own code words to look for?

Flametamr
02-22-2008, 07:11 PM
See the thread I posted earlier. I got that same number to call (and used it).

Yes I did read your post and didn't you say you called the number and was assured everything was set for you handicpped child and still got messed up ? I was just saying that I am now worried that I'll be wasting my time even calling that number. My only salvation is that POFQ is so small I won't have a problem with placement. Thats the reason I'm returning there.

I really would like to try other resorts but POR really soured us on trying new things for a while. I also bought a camper recently and will be trying out Fort Wilderness this next trip. If we like it that will be where we go from now on.

Eeyore's My Favorite
02-22-2008, 07:46 PM
DH & I went on an anniversary vacation to POP this past September and our trip was so "unmagical" that I wrote to Disney via email, never really expecting to get a reply but wanting them to know the various issues that we had with the resort during our stay. I was very pleasantly surprised when I received a phone call from one of their reps and after discussing the various issues offered us 2 - 1 day park hopper passes with no expiration date. We're AP holders so I can use them after our AP's expire. I was very happy to see that they took customer service to that level. But still don't plan to stay at POP again.