PDA

View Full Version : AKL standard view room locations

Minniemom97
02-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Okay, I know this has been asked/answered lots before, but my search is not working for some reason.

I think they are located on floors 1-4, but are they located right off the entrance to the resort? In other words, are they in the front portion of the resort? Am I making sense or rambling???

TIA!

justcantwait
02-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Ours wasn't. It seemed like kind of a long walk, to the back of the lobby, then right, then down a hall, up an elevator, and down another hall. It was overlooking the pool. Not a bad view. It wasn't like we were looking out at the driveway or the dumpsters. And still plenty of places to see the animals on that (long) walk to and from the room! I'd say if that's what your budget allows, that's great. It didn't detract from our stay there. Enjoy!

Kathy

spiceycat
02-15-2008, 12:32 PM
they are generally parking lot views, and some partial pool views.

Minniemom97
02-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the replies so far. I saw some photos of some rooms on Giraffe Trail & Ostrich Wing and was wondering if they are the only 'trails' that the standard view rooms are on. I was assuming so since the rest of the trails of the resort would change into Savannah rooms or pool views. We stayed several years ago in a pool view room, but I can't recall what trail.

CheshireVal
02-15-2008, 01:28 PM
We had a standard view once ( :headache: ) that was at the front of the resort overlooking the parking lot.

However, after having been spoiled by several complimentary savanna upgrades in the past, it was quite disappointing to have to make do with what we had actually reserved and paid for that time! :laughing:

woosie
02-15-2008, 02:01 PM
We had a standard view once ( :headache: ) that was at the front of the resort overlooking the parking lot.

However, after having been spoiled by several complimentary savanna upgrades in the past, it was quite disappointing to have to make do with what we had actually reserved and paid for that time! :laughing:

Hi! We're going to the AKL for a second time in Aug., and because we're staying 11 nights, the sav. view room made a huge difference. We have booked a standard view, and hoping to upgrade. You've had luck with that? If we can't upgrade when we arrive, is there any chance they'd upgrade us later in the trip? If we don't have well over a 50% chance, we may bite the bullet and go for the view.

Thanks!

CheshireVal
02-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Hi! We're going to the AKL for a second time in Aug., and because we're staying 11 nights, the sav. view room made a huge difference. We have booked a standard view, and hoping to upgrade. You've had luck with that? If we can't upgrade when we arrive, is there any chance they'd upgrade us later in the trip? If we don't have well over a 50% chance, we may bite the bullet and go for the view.

Thanks!

We've actually never asked for the upgrade-- they've always just given it to us when we check in. I think if they have empty rooms sitting there that they know they don't have reserved, they'll bump you up.

To me, AKL wasn't that great without a savanna view, but money is money and sometimes it's not affordable to upgrade. I think I would choose a standard view at WL, however, over a standard at AKL. Because, to me, the animals are really the big draw there-- without them, AKL and WL are pretty similar.

Minniemom97
02-15-2008, 03:17 PM
I agree - AKL and WL are similar. I guess I'm just different - a savannah room isn't that important (not that I could afford it anyway!) I know a lot of people have a different opinion, but I prefer AKL to WL due to the transportation. We've never had good luck at WL with transportation. Although AKL is a little off the beaten path, I think their transportation is great! I also prefer their pool. Since we travel in the summer, WL pool always seems too crowded. I like that AKL pool is larger and is zero entry.