PDA

View Full Version : Resorts & Wishes

Steph9072
02-15-2008, 12:01 PM
I asked this on the Resteraunt board and did not get an answer. Maybe you all can help. Can you tell me what resort resteraunts pipe in the music from wishes? Also which ones can you see wishes from?

klofan
02-15-2008, 12:03 PM
I asked this on the Resteraunt board and did not get an answer. Maybe you all can help. Can you tell me what resort resteraunts pipe in the music from wishes? Also which ones can you see wishes from?

The California Grill at the CR. :goodvibes

D&R love Disney
02-15-2008, 12:07 PM
I believe you can hear it on the patio outside Narcoossee at the GF

iloveeeyore
02-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Also 'Ohana at the Poly has a lovely view and music piped in, but you are not guaranteed a seat by the window. I recommend eating dinner and then heading down to the beach or boat dock, where the music is piped in via little mushroom-shaped speakers. If you can hear the Polynesian music, you will be able to hear Wishes. Also, the EWP passes by at 9 PM every night, which is a nice bonus if you happed to be there.

There is also an obervation deck on the 4th floor of the CR, but it is outside and not connected to a restaurant. I think the music is piped in there.

dburg30
02-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Also 'Ohana at the Poly has a lovely view and music piped in, but you are not guaranteed a seat by the window. I recommend eating dinner and then heading down to the beach or boat dock, where the music is piped in via little mushroom-shaped speakers. If you can hear the Polynesian music, you will be able to hear Wishes. Also, the EWP passes by at 9 PM every night, which is a nice bonus if you happed to be there.

There is also an obervation deck on the 4th floor of the CR, but it is outside and not connected to a restaurant. I think the music is piped in there.

Hmmm where are the speakers at on the beach? We watched wishes one night, and didnt hear any music. Now, granted it was WONDERFUL watching from the poly beach, but I never did hear the music..

Stitch's Greatest Fa
02-15-2008, 01:51 PM
THey used to do the music on the Poly beach but seem to have stopped this although you can still see the fireworks. In my opinion Cali Grill is the best restaurant to go to if you want one with fireworks - a little more expensive *** it is a sig. restaurant but they hold the part of the meal u r at when the fireworks are due to start and it is a fantastic view from their outdoor observation deck.

iloveeeyore
02-15-2008, 02:18 PM
The speakers line the cement walkway that lines the beach, they are not actually on the beach itself. They're about knee-high and resemble little metal mushrooms. They play polynesian music constantly throughout the day and evening (it's even piped unde the water in the Volcano pool), except during Wishes, during which time the loop music is replaced by the Wishes soundtrack. Because this music is intended to softly evoke a mood of Polynesia, and since they are located close to the ground, the music is not loud, and if there is an occasional broken speaker here or there, it may be hard to distinguish.

If you walk along the beach, try to find a spot from where you can hear the music, and you should be able to hear Wishes.

Granted, the last time I did this personally was August 2006. It's possible they've stopped playing the Wishes track, but I'm inclined to believe that it's more likely that people encounter times when there are technical difficulties with the speakers or the main system.

Hopefully
02-15-2008, 02:24 PM
We saw Wishes from 'OHana and it was beautiful. However the night we were there, the music was NOT piped in.
I have seen both reported here, so I am not sure what determines whether it will be piped in or not.
Sorry I can not be of more help.
I have also read that it is hard to view Wishes from window tables at Narcoosee's, as people line the walkway outside, obstructing the view from the tables.
HTH