PDA

View Full Version : worried about a scam on windsor hills rental

goofymom23
02-13-2008, 04:14 PM
I rented a townhouse at Windsor Hills from the web site windsorhillsrents.com but am getting nervous. I sent the payment through paypal yesterday and haven't heard back from him. During the process of asking questions about the unit he was very quick to respond (10 min. max) but now that I have made the payment I have send 3 emails to confirm and I haven't gotten a response. Do you think I should cancel the payment.

GinaBean
02-13-2008, 05:28 PM
I would wait a little longer, especially if the person lives outside of the US.

FayeW
02-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Give it a little while. Just because you sent the payment yesterday doesn't mean he received it from paypal yesterday.

2xDisneyDad
02-13-2008, 09:35 PM
I can see you are a bit anxious, but just relax, you have done all the right things. You used a reputable site and payed via paypal. It has only been a day. Perhaps the person is overseas, away on busines overnight or a host of other things. I have NEVER heard of or seen a bogus/scam house on the DIS regarding windsor hills particularly with windsorhillsrent.

Give it a few days or perhaps try a contact number.

I am sure it will work out, :goodvibes

kilarney
02-14-2008, 08:36 AM
It also takes time for the payment to clear. They may be waiting for this to happen.

deejay-55
02-15-2008, 03:58 AM
There is always an element of trust involved - you are trusting the owners to rent you their vacation home, and they are trusting you to treat it with respect. Mostly everything works out fine.

Maria395712
02-16-2008, 05:59 PM
let us know what happens
maria

5boyz
02-19-2008, 04:10 PM
goofymom23....have you heard anything yet from the Windsor Hill owners?

kaseyoz
02-20-2008, 09:43 PM
I wonder if it is the same person we have rented from as the samething happened to me.I had to send an email to check he had recieved the money. Took a week to reply. He said he was busy

MikeKV
02-21-2008, 07:49 PM
The owner may also be out of town for business or a vacation. I would try to be patient for about a week.

Tx_Native73
04-20-2008, 01:04 PM
I am currently having a similar "concern" with a windor hills rental. Paid a 20% deposit via paypal, but have not heard anything from the owner since (~ 1 week). Very frequent contact leading up to the deposit, now nothing. Hopefully owner is on holiday or busy.

Did your situation work out?

swilshire
04-20-2008, 02:55 PM
One day is too quick to worry. For those who have been waiting a week, I'd probably be getting a bit concerned also, but it still isn't a real sign there's a problem. I certainly don't check my email every day, particularly if I'm away. If I in the middle of a transaction with someone, however, I would normally alert them if I was going to be off line for several days in a row.

Sheila

KayR
04-20-2008, 06:39 PM
I am currently having a similar "concern" with a windor hills rental. Paid a 20% deposit via paypal, but have not heard anything from the owner since (~ 1 week). Very frequent contact leading up to the deposit, now nothing. Hopefully owner is on holiday or busy.

Did your situation work out?

If its been a week, then I think its about time for a follow up.

Firstly, check your spam filters just in case something got caught in there. Some spam filters are very zealous and sometimes things get caught in there that shouldn't be.

Secondly, drop the owners an email saying you hadn't heard anything and just wanted to make sure you received the deposit which was sent on XYZ. Most owners I know respond promptly, but they are all only human and sometimes things get missed or overlooked.

One of those two should resolve the issue, but if not let us know.

--Kay

CSI007
04-20-2008, 08:25 PM
I just love when the OP does not follow up on their threads. :rolleyes:

Bella the Ball 360
04-20-2008, 08:41 PM

Well when the OP does not follow up on his or her thread, it could be that something happened and he or she is unable to. I always try to put myself in the other person's shoes.

KayR
04-21-2008, 09:23 AM

Tx_Native73 had a similar concern which was posted on this thread which is why it was resurrected.

CSI007
04-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Tx_Native73 had a similar concern which was posted on this thread which is why it was resurrected.

Which is why I would love to know how the first person's experience turned out. :) Followups certainly help everyone else.