PDA

View Full Version : Hydration backpack

mslory1
02-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Is it a good idea or not to carry around the parks a hydration backpak?:confused:

OKW Lover
02-13-2008, 03:28 PM
We've never found the need for anything like this. There are plenty of water fountains all around WDW.

juliana_sd
02-13-2008, 03:35 PM
I plan to bring ours - we use them often at parks here (zoo, Disneyland, Sea World). It's handy to have it on you so when you are waiting in line or just walking along you don't even have to think. I tend to forget to take water breaks, so it helps keep me well hydrated. DS has his own little one, it's so cute!

tzolkin
02-13-2008, 04:47 PM
we have been looking at them for our upcoming trip. i was actually going to post something similar. we have 3 little kids and i think carrying little cups in the stroller would be easier than carrying around bottled water. we have been looking at the ones that have a little more room in them since we would carry a backpack anyway.

mslory1
02-13-2008, 10:45 PM
THANKS SO MUCH GUYS:thumbsup2

Chellymouse
02-14-2008, 08:49 AM
We have one also. It's great in the summer! IMO you are better off to check a sporting good store, as they can get expensive. A decent size one (also has a few "backpack" features) should run around $30.

iheartdisney
02-14-2008, 04:48 PM
I LOVE our camelback! It appears in all of our vacation pictures.

airhead
02-15-2008, 10:58 AM
There's plenty of fountains in the parks and all the CS will give you a cup with ice. I say leave it home!

padalyn
02-16-2008, 07:57 PM
I always use mine. I am DVC so I have access to a freezer in my room. I fill the water bladder about 1.2 full the night before - freeze it solid. This way when i add water to it in the morning I have a nice cool pack on my back. I also carry my rain gear and sunscreen and other stuff that I use sprodaically during the day in the pack. I carry a small belt pack for the room key and camera - yes, I have to go through the "search" line on entering the park, but I would have to anyway because of the belt pack. To me the availability of frozen Dasani water is very nice. I don't like the taste of the water fountain water in florida.

I also find that I use the pack to carry small purchases, and I keep some high protein snacks for my hunny who is hypoglycemic. This gives us the availabilty of good snacks and keeps her sugar stable.