PDA

View Full Version : what did you buy while you were at WDW???

jmbadavis
02-13-2008, 10:54 AM
I am curious to see what people have purchased at WDW, apparrel, souveniors, hats, fun stuff, etc. We are leaving for WDW in 29 days. My son is 15 and I am thinking there wont' be much for his interest. He is an athletic type kid so his wardrobe is pretty much anything to do with FB or wrestling. But on the ohter hand my daughter is 17 and loves to shop so she will make up for his less interest.

OhMari
02-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi,
I am going to move you over to the Theme Park Boards. HOpefully you will get more answers.

I'm almost thinking your son may enjoy Universal Studios. Can you plan a day there for him?

BeckWhy
02-13-2008, 03:55 PM
For the past 3 trips I have bought a different plush animal at the Animal Kingdom. So I will continue to do that until they no longer have animals I don't have.

Last trip I bought a picture frame for my mom, a picture frame for my sister, green tea in Japan for my sister, Twinings tea in UK for my sister, a mug that keeps your beverages cold for my brother, a stuffed Ewok for me, a stuffed Figment for me, a monorail notepad for me, and all the Mr Potatohead parts. I think that's it for that trip.

In 2004 I bought my ex a shot glass and a sarong for me.

In 2002 I bought a visor, 2 picture frames, and a photo album for me.

I think the trip before that I bought a sweater and an autograph Pluto.

teachingmykids
02-13-2008, 04:35 PM
If we fly, the kids are limited. My DD(15) usually goes for the stuffed animals, my son will get a soccer jersey or t-shirt.
When we drive, DD gets as many animals as she can afford. ;)
Personally, I grab a t-shirt and pin for myself. I wish I could afford all the household items, toasters, towels, etc. I would love a Mickey kitchen.

disneybell
02-13-2008, 04:58 PM
One special thing we each picked out was a Christmas ornament. It is nice at chistmas when we get them out to remember Disney.

My kids picked out stuffed animals and mickey ears. They also filled a box with potato head parts.

This year since we are going with a baby I'm really looking forward to shopping with him while everyone else goes on rides. :yay:

BabyPiglet
02-13-2008, 05:03 PM
I bought almost every Disney t-shirt they had to offer. :rotfl:

I also bought two very cute purses. One is a brown messenger cross body type bag (they're very popular now so your 17 year old might love it) and a blue Mickey tote bag.

I also bought a sweatshirt with WDW on it. And of course, pink Minnie crocs.

mousescrapper
02-13-2008, 05:34 PM
I used to collect the Winnie the Pooh designer plush from the department store in Japan had just one to go Rabbit and they stopped carrying them...:sad1:

small figurines, the plush inspired by the countries, a few pins, pens, shirts are usual items for me.

My DH has bought a nice blanket from Mexico, a hand carved chess set from a shop in Adventureland.

Other cool non-Disney things I've gotten from Japan a really nice tote style purse w/ intricate needlepoint like design on it, a necklace as well from there. I love the cloth wallets, etc in China. and I got a cloth bread basket from France (it's just like one my sister bought me in the real France)

We're also fan's of the Christmas store.

This year so far on the wish list of souvineers:
my DS(9): pressed penny book and pennies, any new Toy Story stuffed animal he doesn't have, something PoC inspired and something from China

my DD (9): a pin lanyard and pins, a shell braclet she saw a picture of here on the boards, polynesian themed things for her room and American Girl style Disney doll clothes, and a new charm for her Disney charm bracelet

my DD (5): a countries passport, an autograph book, the disney little pony stuff, anything Ariel or Princess, maybe start her Disney charm bracelet this year.

for my DD (18 mo.): hope to get her first haircut there in the MK Barber Shop and get first haircut ears, get 1st visit button (free)

me: WDW themed music CD's, cloth round zipper pouches from China, collectible glass mugs from Liberty Square in MK, sounvineer picture packages to split w/ DMom from our character meals, Christmas ornaments for us and kids

not sure DH has anything in his radar yet

I have to say generally we do good w/ our shoping but being on our every 3-years plan...we may buy a bit more than average. But I try to stick to wish lists and a general set amount of spending money. This trip I'm also designating a small carry on (that going will carry our 1-day essentials if DME delays our luggage) to fill up as we buy. Once full well we either need to stop or determine any last must buys....

korzmom
02-13-2008, 05:55 PM
dh got an embroidered WDW hoodie, i got a long sleeve hooded tee with MICKEY (of course) got my oldest dd a bobble head (she collects them) my second dd got a tinkerbell licence plate and tink earrings, and ds got an espn sporstscenter tee. also got the cute snowman blanket for $10 when you puchase $50.. and i got some cute plates and salt/pepper shakers at the basin store...i usually collect those stuffed beanie mickeys but didnt get one this time for some odd reason, i guess i'll get that in june when we return. (along with many other things , i'm sure!:goodvibes

KatMark
02-13-2008, 05:57 PM
I am curious to see what people have purchased at WDW, apparrel, souveniors, hats, fun stuff, etc. We are leaving for WDW in 29 days. My son is 15 and I am thinking there wont' be much for his interest. He is an athletic type kid so his wardrobe is pretty much anything to do with FB or wrestling. But on the ohter hand my daughter is 17 and loves to shop so she will make up for his less interest.

Be sure to check out Team Mickey's at Downtown Disney in the Marketplace. They have a huge selection of athletic apparel--with and without Disney characters. Unfortunately, you won't find anything for wrestling--believe me--we have tried--our son has wrestled for ten years!

We always buy a matching t-shirt for my DH and I; we buy ourselves our own t-shirt that we each like; we always buy a little something as a surprise for each other (my husband got me a Mickey charm bracelet this year and I got him a crystal Dumbo) and we always spend over $100 at the Christmas store in ornaments and holiday decorations.

kimluvswdw
02-13-2008, 06:46 PM
We bought the nicest Pirates jackets. We wear them all the time.

mom2taylorandemily
02-13-2008, 07:03 PM
My favorite buy this last trip was my Mickey Mouse Vera Bradley-type backpack purse. I absolutely love it, I was just about to call WDW Merchandising to get another one and DH surprised me with a discount code so we can go this year and get another in person.

Taja
02-13-2008, 07:11 PM
I bought more this last trip than I usually do.

For myself: a Mickey wristwatch (battery died in my watch third day at WDW) and an MVMCP AP pin.

For friend: The final items needed to finish a project I started for her in March. She'll receive around Christmas 2008.

For friend's DD: A 2007 WDW picture frame & watertight lanyard/case for cards/cash while swimming.

For friends DGD(9): An MVMCP AP pin, a Pop Century pin (where we stayed), a WDW ruler and a couple of other small items I don't recall. I wanted to buy her a Pal Mickey, but her mother vetoed it. *sigh*

captinhookedondisney
02-13-2008, 07:14 PM
PINS,PINS,PINS, Christmas Tree Hat, PINS, Shirts, Lanyard, and lots of sunscreen.

daisyduck123
02-13-2008, 07:16 PM
a little of everything...I spend at least $500.00 in the gift shops each trip.
You name it...we've bought it.

uratoon
02-13-2008, 07:41 PM
This is just for our 2007 trip, (I try to make it sound better by saying we were there for 17 days, do if you divide it up by day we didnt spend that much!;) )

DH - 4 Disney Polo's, golf goodies, Mickey Golf umbrella, Chopsticks from Japan, Cigars from DTD, a mixed drink from EVERY country in Epcot! (not Morocco, he got a beer from there.)

Me - Mickey Golf umbrella, 7 WDW photo albums, 2 Disney cookbooks, 2 Imaginearing books, Disney A to Z book, padded Pin book, lots of Pins, 2 Polos, 3 t-shirts, Mickey head sarong, SSE icon pic holder, YOMD plush Mickey, Ceramic Mickey House, set of WDW die-cast Bus lines, 2 photo frames, license plate, license plate frame from Mouse Gears, 2 snowglobes, MK and Epcot souvenier DVD's, framed Pin set, scrapbooking stuff, 4 park throw, 2 fans from China, 2 sets of chopsticks from Japan, pick a pearl

DD - pressed penny book (filled), Pirates purse, Pirates phone holder, Mickey tote, 5 or 6 t-shirts, Mickey shorts, pink Mickey Croc's, Jibbitz, Mickey earrings, Mickey swimsuit, Pirates beach towel, chopsticks from Japan, Pirate Mickey plush, New Lanyard and 8 pins, pick a pearl, other stuff that I cant remember right now, if she was here she would be listing it off to me!

DS - First Haircut, 2 boxes of Mr Potato head parts, Pirate Mickey, Pal Mickey, Mickey football, 2 rubber Donald Duck bath toys, Pirates sword, autograph book and pen, Pirates light up toy, Mickey light up sword, a couple of new Mickey cups and Stitch cups, Pirate ship with Mickey and the gang (small rubber like figurines), 2 WDW onesies, 2 of the 2pc toddler outfits, pressed penny book (that we ended up filling), Nemo beach towel, at least 10 Cars die cast, hand held drum from China, plush Nemo

I will add more when I remember them!

praline3001
02-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Stuffed animals for my DD6 ~ lots of them:rotfl:

My DS13 got a kick out of the pastry shops in Epcot and had to try many of them ... that is where a lot of his money went:rotfl:

I love scarpbooking so I bought a few scrapbooks and Disney supplies for my vacation scrapbook

I also collect Christmas ornaments so I bought a couple of really cute ones from Epcot and the xmas shop at MK

We bought the photopass CD ....

DD got a painted umbrella :rolleyes1

There is a lot for guys in the Everest shop ...all kinds of cool Yeti stuff so not sure if he would be interested in that kind of thing

OB1
02-14-2008, 07:23 AM
beside a hat or t-shirt along the way, we will buy at least 1 Christmas ornament on our fall trip, 1 license plate, and 1 pin. We want these for each year we go, and we have been going every year since 1994, twice a year since 2000. We started this in 2003.

~April J~
02-14-2008, 08:50 AM
How do I get the first visit buttons for my little ones?

didn't mean to high jack

abirdd
02-14-2008, 09:03 AM
It's varied each trip...

Christmas Mickey Plush, My Friends Tigger & Pooh Memory Game, Disney Toddler Bucket Hat, Christmas Ornaments (great gifts!), Oven Mitts in Mickey & Minnie, WDW Mugs (Factoid or Specific Character), Baby Mickey Plush, and T-Shirts!

mousescrapper
02-14-2008, 11:18 AM
How do I get the first visit buttons for my little ones?

didn't mean to high jack

At the parks' guest services generally or once your in sometimes you can ask a CM to help you out.

I never knew about these fun buttons till 05 and we collected (Then they were different)the b-day pins from the 4 parks for our twins. They got alot of FUN attention wearing them on their bucket hats.:goodvibes

Fall1
02-14-2008, 11:21 AM
I haven't read the previous responses here, but your DS might enjoy shopping at the ESPN store on the Boardwalk or the Mickey Sports store at DTD.....my DH always finds a new hat or tee that is sports related.

sarahlovesmickey
02-14-2008, 11:22 AM
we have bought shirts, Mr. Potato Head parts, Christmas ornies...hmmm

sarahlovesmickey
02-14-2008, 11:23 AM
quick question: can you buy those things that go around your license plate??? Don't know what they are called, but they kind of frame your license plate.

higdonk
02-14-2008, 11:51 AM
I used to collect the Winnie the Pooh designer plush from the department store in Japan had just one to go Rabbit and they stopped carrying them...:sad1:

small figurines, the plush inspired by the countries, a few pins, pens, shirts are usual items for me.

My DH has bought a nice blanket from Mexico, a hand carved chess set from a shop in Adventureland.

Other cool non-Disney things I've gotten from Japan a really nice tote style purse w/ intricate needlepoint like design on it, a necklace as well from there. I love the cloth wallets, etc in China. and I got a cloth bread basket from France (it's just like one my sister bought me in the real France)

We're also fan's of the Christmas store.

This year so far on the wish list of souvineers:
my DS(9): pressed penny book and pennies, any new Toy Story stuffed animal he doesn't have, something PoC inspired and something from China

my DD (9): a pin lanyard and pins, a shell braclet she saw a picture of here on the boards, polynesian themed things for her room and American Girl style Disney doll clothes, and a new charm for her Disney charm bracelet

my DD (5): a countries passport, an autograph book, the disney little pony stuff, anything Ariel or Princess, maybe start her Disney charm bracelet this year.

for my DD (18 mo.): hope to get her first haircut there in the MK Barber Shop and get first haircut ears, get 1st visit button (free)

me: WDW themed music CD's, cloth round zipper pouches from China, collectible glass mugs from Liberty Square in MK, sounvineer picture packages to split w/ DMom from our character meals, Christmas ornaments for us and kids

not sure DH has anything in his radar yet

I have to say generally we do good w/ our shoping but being on our every 3-years plan...we may buy a bit more than average. But I try to stick to wish lists and a general set amount of spending money. This trip I'm also designating a small carry on (that going will carry our 1-day essentials if DME delays our luggage) to fill up as we buy. Once full well we either need to stop or determine any last must buys....

Where do you get disney Little Pony stuff? I am assuming these are like My Little Pony? My girls are into My Little Pony and I would be interested where I can find this type of souvenier when we go in late April.

Thanks,

Kate

MickeyNicki
02-14-2008, 11:55 AM
I always buy Christmas ornaments and decorations on every trip. I also buy a few pins, plush dolls or animals and tee's for my nieces

grumpyvet
02-14-2008, 12:04 PM
We were there for free dining Sept 2007 and besides the 3 extra pounds I brought home, we got a Mickey Garden from the Land (DD7) and a mickey mouse head kitchen timer which I already broke with a crash to the floor during a Christmas baking frenzy!!

I did Tinkerbell gifts with my daughter each morning which way cut down on the gimmes!!!:worship:

uratoon
02-14-2008, 12:17 PM
quick question: can you buy those things that go around your license plate??? Don't know what they are called, but they kind of frame your license plate.

I had one in my post.

I bought the frame at Mouse Gears, I think!

korzmom
02-14-2008, 06:24 PM
the licence plate frames are in the world of disney store and in test track..the my little pony items are in the downtown toy store, my friends granddaughter wanted that and we asked all over and were told my little pony isnt disney but we found it in the toy store..they have a fill up the basket with as much as possible for $18.00 all little pony accesories.

kermits girl
02-14-2008, 07:27 PM
I bought myself a Muppet purse and Kermit wallet at the gift shop right off Muppets 3D, a pink Minnie Mouse t-shirt at the World of Disney store, a charm bracelet I made at Tink's Treasures and an elephant for my best friend at the gift shop in China in Epcot.

jphilhower
02-14-2008, 08:26 PM
We bought t shirts, hats. i bought a mini stuffed Grumpy, Jedi Mickey. the strangest thing i bought is a rubber skull from the pirate of the Caribbean ride.
It sits on my computer desk.
April 30-May 11th 2008 Shades of Green!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

pigletforever
02-14-2008, 08:40 PM
WOW what didn't we buy. I got addicted to pins. DS17 at the time also got into pin collecting but he also had a great time filling boxes with Mr. Potato Head pieces. I think he has about 5 of them in his Frat room. DH fave purchase was a Rugby ball from Epcot(don't tell anyone but he actually slept with it for a couple nights) DS4 was in to the light up toys, hats and Legos from DTD.
I did get a pearl and it is now a necklace I wear alot. We also bought Mickey Ear Ornaments and had them engraved with our names and the year. We will do that when we go back in December.

higdonk
02-14-2008, 09:08 PM
the licence plate frames are in the world of disney store and in test track..the my little pony items are in the downtown toy store, my friends granddaughter wanted that and we asked all over and were told my little pony isnt disney but we found it in the toy store..they have a fill up the basket with as much as possible for $18.00 all little pony accesories.

So are the little pony things special for Disney with Disney type accessories or are they just regular My little Pony stuff you would find at Target or Toys R Us? Not sure if we are going to downtown Disney yet!

Thanks

Kate

ldadar
02-14-2008, 10:20 PM
I love pressed pennies.

praline3001
02-14-2008, 10:23 PM
I want to add as nice as the ship it home option is ...it can be very dangerous :rotfl:

I just got 3 big boxes this afternoon from Disney and most of it I had forgotten I bought :rotfl:

3 frames .... cinderella gloves/purse to go with my DD outfit she got at BBB ... a GF blanket.... a cindy bank.... another photo book for my DD BBB pics I totally forgot I bought... a donald duck doll DD conned daddy into buying her and having it shipped home AFTER I SAID NO MORE STUFFED ANIMALS :rotfl:

I swear she was like a gambling addict in Vegas :rotfl:

The girl is stuffed animal crazy and Disney is the Mecca for those furry creatures....

Anyway back to what I was saying.... the ship it home option makes it so easy to forget all you bought UNTIL it starts coming in the mail :rotfl:

old lady
02-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Tshirts and those mickey hands.:laundy:

stellablue
02-14-2008, 10:45 PM

As just two adults, I'm not sure if our list would help, but I'll share anyways :goodvibes We bought:

-Pajamas, sweatshirt, t-shirt
-A Christmas ornament from Epcot/Germany
-Pearl & setting from pick-a-pearl in Epcot/Japan
-Disney Theme Park Edition Monopoly!!:cool1:

As for ideas for your son:
Not sure if your son would be interested, but DTD has an ESPN Zone store. I could swear when we were at WDW recently, we also saw some sort of Disney athletics store, but I can't seem to find it on the list of DTD stores-it might have been in one of the parks...I think it was called "Sport Mickey" or something-:confused3 anyone know?

Your son might also be interested in checking out the store at Epcot/UK that sells soccer gear (british football). I've noticed that stuff seems to be popular amongst kids his age where we live anyways.

Also, is he a Star Wars fan? Great store in DHS sells this stuff and I noticed lots of kids your sons age in there.

Worse comes to worse, I'm sure he'd settle for a treat from Goofy's Candy Co. in DTD :goodvibes

HTH!

RACHELSMOM1
02-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Minnie Mouse Backpack - it is red patent with white dots covered with silver glitter, and has minnie on the front. My 4 yr old loves it and so do I!! My 7 and 8 yr old princesses bought jewelry (the cheap kind) and were happy with that. We don't buy many souvenirs, but will splurge sometimes.

*tinker*bell*
02-15-2008, 01:19 AM
I'm 18, although i was 17 the last time i went. I got a cute disney backpack, the ones that pull together with the strings, and I got a zip up hoodie, a pair of earings. My best friend bought a PoC hoodie, as well we bought friendship necklaces for each other to remember the trip where we spent most of our money though was at the malls around as we are canadian and you have stores we dont have up here
On my previous trips i have bought stuffies and picture frames. I always buy a tee or a hoodie. last time i took $500 to spend and didnt spend it all but im taking more this time and i think i will deffinatly spend it all as i came home and found myself wishing i had bought things i had passes over and as i dont really want to spen large amounts of money on the many people that want me to bring them things i normally buy a couple packs of pens or something similar to give out to people

LindsayDunn228
02-15-2008, 05:50 AM
I usually pick up some sort of jewelry, usually a necklace, earrings, or a charm for my Italian charm bracelet.

Miss Stitch
02-15-2008, 06:49 AM
My 15yo loved the Disney Sports theme shop at DTD (not sure what it is called), he bought an American Football with Mickey on it. He didnt spend much else in the Parks, preferring to spend his money on a trips to the Premium outlets and Florida Mall.

Chester's Mum
02-15-2008, 09:26 AM
My ds 13 likes to go to the ESPN gift shop and check out the sports team pins he bought a Patriots one last time, he also likes his Tower of Terror shirt.

Philadisney
02-15-2008, 10:43 AM
my favorite things to buy are useful everyday items with disney characters in on them. in 2005 i bought a set of cloth headbands with mickey on them - ever since i have used them every single day to pull my hair back when i do my makeup in the morning. i like to get a lot of use out of my souvies because i am reminded of the trip every time i use them. i also buy a lot of drink glasses for that reason. my favorites are the souvinier ones from WDW restaurants.

Carmen1247
02-15-2008, 11:44 AM
We got pins, pens, candy, scrapbook stuff. If you spend at least $40 at Mouse Gear in Epcot you can get a set of 4 lithographs for $10. They are really nice! You may be able to get them at other stores as well. Those were my favorite thing I brought home this trip!

disneybell
02-15-2008, 02:18 PM
So are the little pony things special for Disney with Disney type accessories or are they just regular My little Pony stuff you would find at Target or Toys R Us? Not sure if we are going to downtown Disney yet!

Thanks

Kate

The my little pony stuff is so cute. I'm pretty sure it is just at Disney. There are little pony princess dresses, shoes, crowns and other accessories. I think there was Cinderella, Belle and Aurora. You can pack a lot of stuff into one box also.

mousescrapper
02-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Where do you get disney Little Pony stuff? I am assuming these are like My Little Pony? My girls are into My Little Pony and I would be interested where I can find this type of souvenier when we go in late April.

Thanks,

Kate

I read about it on these boards and reading about DTD shops in TGM. I've heard of 2 places you can get them. On the boards at the gift shop in the Toontown area in MK (Country Bounty) and then on TGM at the DTD store Once Upon A Toy.

If you've heard of the Mr. Potato box, it sounds like you can fill up a box of LP Disney inspired access. and purchase it. I'm wondering too if you can probably buy individually too?

Anyhow, just another great tip I read off here to pass along. :disrocks: Good Luck finding it and hope your DD will like it.

higdonk
02-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks so so much for the tips about the pony stuff!! Especially that you can find it at two different stores. That would be a huge huge hit with my girls!! Awesome tips! Thanks Disers!!!

Kate

DaniandRyan
02-17-2008, 03:36 AM
my favorite thing I bought in January of this year is a beautiful crystal sculpture of the rose from Beauty and the Beast that plays the song "Beauty and the Beast" like a music box when you wind up the bottom. It's gorgeous :goodvibes
I got it in Epcot at the store in Mexico that sells crystal.

karmalicousss
02-17-2008, 06:32 AM
I bought Mickey (or Minnie im not sure.) Ears. You can get almost every color in the ears. I also bought ALOT of clothes in the outlet malls there they are huge.

I hope this is a help! :)