PDA

View Full Version : Nick Hotel

iman
02-13-2008, 07:21 AM
Has anyone stayed at the Nick Hotel? We have the Spongebob suite and any information (good and bad) would be appreciated. Thanks!

FayeW
02-13-2008, 08:05 AM
I haven't stayed there, although it looks cool!

Just FYI, there is a special at www.travelzoo.com for 1/2 off the Nick hotel for dates I think from now until sometime in May. If your dates work out you might be able to rebook your reservation and save some money.

iman
02-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the link. I was actually able to book the hotel using my Hilton Honor Reward Points!

mom2twinz3
02-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the link. I was actually able to book the hotel using my Hilton Honor Reward Points!

They take Hilton Honors points? If so, that's cool. I have a bunch of those. Are they not Holiday Inn anymore?

Mary

iman
02-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Oops. Wrong terminology. They are still a Holiday Inn. I meant I used my Priority Club points. Only 25,000 points which isn't bad for the RAC rate of $249 per night:thumbsup2

ISP2MCO
02-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Oops. Wrong terminology. They are still a Holiday Inn. I meant I used my Priority Club points. Only 25,000 points which isn't bad for the RAC rate of $249 per night:thumbsup2

I have been thinking of using my points for an upcoming trip in April. I thought the points per nite at Nickd were 27,500.....Did you get for 25K? Maybe it is because of the time of year I am looking at?:confused3

huntersmom
02-13-2008, 01:03 PM
we just got back from 7 nights at the Nick hotel in a spongebob 2 bedroom suite. In all honesty, it was just okay. The rooms are nothing special, it is VERY noisey, to the point we were up many nights all night and the food chocies get old after a few meals and the buffets food is below average. On the other hand, the pools are fun, the lifegurads are great, and it is an upbeat atmosphere most of the time. it is a huge resort and even though they did accomodate my request to be near the mall we were still a good distnace away from everything, including the buses, mall, front desk and pools. if you have any specific questions i can sure try to answer them.

iman
02-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks for all of your input.

ChipnDaleRmyHomeBoys
02-15-2008, 10:13 AM
I've stayed at the Nick and it was a really great experience. We had a pool view room and were extremely surprised by how quiet it was inside the room. Walking out of our room we realized how noisy it was outside, but it was virtually soundproof when our door was shut. My husband was very impressed with that because he can't stand to hear other people through the wall while trying to be comfortable inside.

I haven't seen a Spongebob room but I have seen pictures online. It seems really nice. I was surprised at how much space we had in our room. The kitchenette was fully stocked with plates, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker with coffee.

I'm glad to hear you got a good deal on your room with your points. I would definitely keep your reservation. It's a great location, close to the parks and plenty of restaurants, and a really fun hotel. Hope this was helpful!

CTmommyx3
02-15-2008, 01:05 PM
We stayed in a 2 bedroom kidsuite 2 years ago and LOVED it. WE are heading back in April. WE made a point to not be too close to the pool we heard it was noisy esp if they are open till like 11! Our room was plenty for us. You really are not in your room too much. The kids had so much fun at the pools they even ask while at Disney when we were going back to the hotel!! We did not really eat there. We like to head out to eat at different places. But there is always something to do!!

dioxide45
02-15-2008, 11:09 PM

What would you have paid if you had rented OOP? While you are comparing it to a rack rate of $250 a night, the actual rate you could have gotten could have been a lot less making the use of points not as good. You can't measure the value of points spent based on the rack rate, you need to base it on what it actually would have cost you to stay during the time of your stay.

shan2885
02-17-2008, 02:37 PM
We stayed at the Nick Hotel last April. We had a great time! There were 6 of us-my and my husband, our two daughters, my mother and brother. We had a 3 bedroom suite and it worked out great because we all had our own room. My husband and I had a king bed, my mother had her own king bed and one daughter and my brother shared bunk beds in the kid room. Although the bedrooms weren't real big, there was plenty of room in the kitchen, dining room and living room. We did not find noise to be a factor at all and we were facing the big outdoor pool.

The pools were great and there were lots of lifeguards around. There were kids activities at the pool and in a little activity building but we didn't participate in them. We did go to a free Dora show in their theater during the day and my daugher loved it. There were also shows in the theater at night and I think those were for a fee (not sure though because we didn't even look at that stuff since we have small kids who can't stay up for night time events).

There is a shuttle that runs to the theme parks and we did use it to go to Magic Kingdom and Islands of Adventure. There are a few different times to take advantage of, although not enough times for us to take a shuttle back to the hotel for naptime. We will probably skip the shuttle this year and drive to the parks so that we can take an afternoon break and not worry about making the shuttle at the right time.

We ate at the buffet restaurant a few times and we liked it, although there was one night we weren't crazy about it (not because of the quality of the food, just not menu items we liked). Each night is a different theme like Italian, Asian, etc. I do remember the buffet was a bit pricey but there was a lot of options for everyone. And, kids under 5 do eat free so that helped a little. The character breakfast was really good and the kids were so happy they got to see Dora, Diego, Spongebob and the Fairly Oddparents. There is also a food court in the mall with A & W, Pizza Hut and a coffee shop and there is a small store offering some basic grocery supplies and snacks.

The whole atmosphere is a lot fun and all six of us agreed that we had a wonderful time. I was a bit hesitant last year because I know it would be so crazy with kids, but it was a blast. We're all really excited to go back again this April!

BeentoallDParks
02-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Do make sure you get a room facing the outside, or parking lot, of the resort. The whole complex is shaped kind of like a figure 8, with the food court in the middle, and if you get a room that faces the interior, the pool areas and scampering children can make a stay terribly noisy.

earthfaries
02-18-2008, 06:11 PM
I suggest checking out www.tripadvisor.com where you'll find unbiased trip reviews and candid photos on Nick hotel and any other hotels. I never stay anywhere without checking there first!

The Disney Bunch
02-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Can anyone give me any info about the theater? How much are the shows? What different shows are shown? How do I get info on what is going on at the hotel during the day?

jmpellet
02-18-2008, 09:04 PM
I believe the PC points are 27,500 and not 25,000. I think its a pretty good value point-wise in Orlando as Holiday Inn Expresses in the area are 20k.

MinnieForMe
02-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Did anyone get the discounted rate? We were still quoted $249 for a Saturday night even though Travel Zoo said $129 plus $50 for a weekend rate. Oh well, maybe another time!

MickeyP
02-27-2008, 09:47 PM
I hope you like cupcakes.

pilferk
03-05-2008, 10:37 AM
We just stayed there, back in early Jan. One night, after a LONG drive down from CT, before we checked in to the Animal Kingdom Villas.

Here's my brief review, posted in another thread on the topic about a month back:

"We found it to be very nice...GREAT for the kids. It was clean (NO mold, no dust bunnies, NOTHING like that). Sheets and blankets smelled clean, no stains, rugs were clean...no "black feet" others have reported. All in all, we were happy.

The food is good, not great, but it suffices to keep everyone happy. The pools are the highlight, but we only got about an hour of pool time (it was mid 60's our first day...then 75-ish the 2nd). Kids enjoyed the character breakfast, characters in "the mall" and the "Nick Live" show. In all. everyone was pretty happy. We'd stay there again.

Top floor, pool view room in building 3. Spongebob 2 br suite (with twin beds)."

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1665413&page=3

I will also add to that the fact we didn't find it particularly loud, at all. Granted, we were also there in January, so pool use at night and in the early morning was probably minimal.

jrandtysmom
03-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Is there transportation from the Nick hotel to Orlando Airport? I'm thinking of ending our trip with the last 2 days at the Nick suites but then we won't have the ME transportation back to the airport. Anyone think this is a bad idea? I like the idea that ME takes care of our luggage. Also we have a later flight, are we able to do a late check out and hang out around the hotels pool?

kidshop
03-14-2008, 03:36 PM
I just got back yesterday from the Nick hotel. We went down for the shuttle launch so we spent Sunday night there and then came back and spent Wed night. It was great to use the water zone rate ($179 for a 2 bd kidsuite with bunks) twice, b/c we got the $50 food credit both times! The pools were awesome, the kids loved it there!

The dinner buffet was surprisingly good, but breakfast not so much. I just don't understand how waffles and pancakes can be too tough to cut even with syrup...? :confused3 The omelets were good and there was plenty of regular choices that were ok (grocery store bagels, boxed cereal etc). The character breakfast was fun, but really not worth the price IMO. I woudn't do it again, but it was fun one time for the kids and the $50 food credit helped a lot!

The rooms were clean and comfortable and all of the employees were very friendly and helpful. I do like it there and the kids have a GREAT time!

It was very quiet this week, I guess everyone is gearing up for Easter next week.