PDA

View Full Version : Narrowed down to four choices--can you help me

Blueeyes101817
02-12-2008, 07:10 PM
My cousin and I will be going to Florida this summer..the plan (as of now) is 2 days in disney, 1 in seaworld, and 2 in Universal/Islands of Adventure.
We will be staying offsite (the first time offsite for both of us) as my grandma is giving us a week in a timeshare.
We have narrowed it down for four places--would love to hear your opinions!

-Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Seaworld International Center
-Hilton Grand Vacation Club on International Drive
-Sheraton Vistana Resort
-Vacation International Cypress Pointe Resort

Thanks for any opinions/advice!

Cindy B
02-13-2008, 04:44 AM
I've done Cypress Pointe twice. I liked it. I did however, like Cypress Pointe better than Cypress Pointe Grande Villa.

spiceycat
02-13-2008, 09:53 AM
hilton grand vacation club at Sw.

not only a beautiful resort - but it is central located. so you can do all your trips.'

just remember that US/IOA - you can definitely do in 2 days.

SW can probably still be done in one day.

but WDW - not way at all - you can hardily cover even one park in 2 days. besides wdw tickets these days are cheaper for longer stays. of course if you already have your tickets then that won't matter.

DisneyTexan
02-13-2008, 11:22 AM
I am an owner with Hilton (but not in Orlando), and I have stayed at both Hiltons in Orlando. I have also stayed at Vistana. The only one I'm not familiar with is Cypress Pointe.

Either Hilton is wonderful. I have a trip planned for next month to the International Drive location. I prefer International Drive because of the location and access to the grocery store. But I would happily take either one.

Vistana can be a wild card because of their numerous building sections. I can't remember which one I stayed in last time, but some sections are much more desirable than others. If you run a search on these boards you'll find lots of opinions about which sections are better based on floor plans, pools nearby, age of buildings, etc.

Good luck!;)

Detailor
02-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Either Hilton is wonderful. I have a trip planned for next month to the International Drive location. I prefer International Drive because of the location and access to the grocery store. But I would happily take either one.
Vistana can be a wild card because of their numerous building sections. I can't remember which one I stayed in last time, but some sections are much more desirable than others. If you run a search on these boards you'll find lots of opinions about which sections are better based on floor plans, pools nearby, age of buildings, etc.

I'd agree with this assessment of Vistana Resort - some sections are newer and others have been refurbed more recently than some. So you can get a good or not so good unit there as this is a really big resort. On the positive side there are a lot of pools and very good activities programs at VR. The level of consistency is greater at the HGVCs and Cypress Pointe. We stayed a Cypress Pointe several years ago and enjoyed it and I know that they've made significant improvements since then so I think you'd be okay there. It's a fairly small resort but very well done. We've not stayed at the I-Drive HGVC but have stayed at the SeaWorld location. Of the two, I-Drive is newer and I hear a lot of good things about it. We enjoyed our stayed at HGVC SeaWorld and would go again. So, from my point of view I'd suggest either of the HGVCs as my 1 and 1A choices followed pretty closely by Cypress Pointe and then Vistana Resort following behind the others.

Dick Taylor

Southernswthrt1
02-13-2008, 03:33 PM
HGVC I-Drive - it's the nicest of all the ones listed. Nice area next to GREAT outlet mall, Outback Steakhouse, Publix Supermarket, Carabbas, etc.

HopperFan
02-13-2008, 03:39 PM
I would take a Hilton. Google them both and compare amenities and photographs to see which appeals to you more. Also they are great locations for your plans.

Blueeyes101817
02-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks so much everyone! i appreciate your thoughts
We figured we are going to do a week stay--sat-sat...Saturday-we are probably getting in mid-late afternoon so we are going to hit downtown disney
Sunday-Seaworld
Monday-Universal
Tuesday-Islands of Adventure
Wednesday-Shopping/downtown disney/citywalk
Thursday-Disney
Friday-Disney
Saturday-travel day--no park

We have both been to disney multiple times so we are planning on doing our favorites and knowing that we will be back!

DisDeac
02-13-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm not sure if this is right location to put this question but I hope someone can help.

I'm driving from Orlando to Savannah this weekend. I will be leaving Orlando Saturday morning and maybe returning Sunday afternoon. The Saturday Daytona race is sometime around early afternoon and the 500 starts mid-afternoon, around 2:30 or 3 I think.

My question is if I leave Orlando early Saturday morning will I run into bumper to bumper traffic around I-4, I-95 and that area at say 9am? I know there are a few back roads from I-4 to I-95 but will they be overly crowded? Also coming back if I come through speedway/Daytona area on I-95 around an hour after the race starts on Sunday will there be traffic problems.

Thanks

Dis Deac

DisDeac
02-13-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm sorry, thought I was starting a new subject, didn't mean to put on this topic about Daytona.

DisDeac

SammieG
02-13-2008, 07:47 PM
I agree.. either Hilton I Drive or sea world :)

We stayed at VIstana and absolutely totally disliked it! It ruined my vacation! we had cockroaches outside our room all the time, and the section we were in was just horrible! I will never go back there for sure....

We own at HGVC I drive but the sea world one is nice too...
imho.. HGVC I drive is the best though.. its newer and absolutely stunning....

mom_2a_sept_princess
02-14-2008, 08:57 AM
We just got back for HGVC ~ SeaWorld and loved it.

Sea World is right across the street. DW is about 10 - 15 minutes away. The resort was clean and nice and close to shops. And there is a cute little store there that sells everything and the prices aren't bad at all.

There is a pizza hut on site and they deliver to your room.

It was a great resort.

Have fun!

littlestar
02-16-2008, 10:29 AM
I would pick Hilton Grand Vacation Club as 1st choice - either one.

Blueeyes101817
02-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Looks like were going to try to get one of the hilton grand vacation clubs--thanks!