PDA

View Full Version : Sky Auction Question RE: Winning

Jane E.
02-12-2008, 06:45 PM
After reading all the great Sky Auction postings, I've won a Room and Board auction.:banana: I've followed the directions and checked off which restaurant certificate I want on the fulfillment page. However, I don't see any place to secure my reservation for our stay. On the bid page the directions say that once the bid is won I am to contact rci directly. At that site I need a certificate #. How long does it take to get a certificate #? Is there something else I need to be doing or do I just wait to hear from SkyAuction? I really don't want to mess this up.:confused3 I am ready to book. Thanks!

Jane E.
02-13-2008, 12:46 PM
I received an email from Skyauction to book and confirm my trip today. :thumbsup2 Just in time to settle my post auction jitters.

lpol
02-13-2008, 02:52 PM
That's great! We also booked our stay through Sky Auction for May. It can't come quick enough!!!

Jane E.
02-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Have a great trip, Ipol!

TinkerBellToo2
02-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Can someone tell me about Sky Auction.....How does it work

What is with the surcharges?

If I was to win a bid say for 50.00 per day and then they add on 32.00 for something and then another 15-20.00 for surcharges I would really be paying 92.00 per night is this right?

I am so confused>>>>>>>>>>>

Jane E.
02-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Tinkerbell, on my winning auction there were two other fees added. In addition to my winning auction price was a tax/service charge ($195) and a processing fee ($20). I did my bidding on a weekly auction because the total charge for a week seemed much more reasonable plus we needed a condo instead of just a hotel room.

Have fun planning your trip!:wizard:

lawgs
02-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Tinkerbell, on my winning auction there were two other fees added. In addition to my winning auction price was a tax/service charge ($195) and a processing fee ($20). I did my bidding on a weekly auction because the total charge for a week seemed much more reasonable plus we needed a condo instead of just a hotel room.

Have fun planning your trip!:wizard:

some of the tax service charges on auctions are 295 then the 20 processing fee

make sure to read the fine print with the auctions you are bidding on...