PDA

View Full Version : Want to stay offsite- ever used priceline or skyauction?

toledo13
02-12-2008, 01:54 PM
We're wanting to stay offsite this year... CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP! We're thinking of checking out priceline or skyauction. Has anyone ever gotten a hotel (with a kitchen) or a condo for cheap cheap cheap from either of these two?? Are they trustworthy??

nicolem05
02-12-2008, 04:55 PM
I actually use priceline all the time.. but you wouldn't be able to guarantee anything like a kitchen beds etc.. I use it for fun when hubby and I are in a big city and want 4-5 star hotel at a great rate.. we have always had a great experience.. if you aren't picky and open for the gamble select a higher star rating check out the hotels listed with them in that star rating and enjoy the surprise :)

Darcy03231
02-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Try www.hotwire.com. Sometimes they have condos listed. The difference is that they tell you the price upfront. I've done really well using that site and have saved anywhere from 45%-60% off the hotel's rates, depending on what city I've been in.

FayeW
02-12-2008, 05:13 PM
I have used skyauction for our 3 previous trips, and have friends who have used them successfully as well.

We use the ready, set, go auctions (go to search, and type in keyword "ready", and then you can select one of the current auctions. They usually have 3 going at a time) On our 3 trips we won our auctions for $52, $52, and $67 respectively, and then you add the service + admin fee of $210.00 so the most we paid was $277. for the week in a 2bdrm condo. We have stayed at Cypress Point Grand Villas, Bryan's Spanish Cove, and Orbit One. All were very nice and clean, but we liked Cypress Point the best.

Since then, they have increased the fee to $295 + $15. so $310 total, plus whatever amount you pay for the auction. Still an awesome deal. We aren't using skyauction this time because I need in room internet available to be able to stay in contact with clients if necessary, so we have chosen to rent directly from an owner at Windsor Hills. Also, the skyauction rentals are for 7 days and we are staying for 9 days, so we would either have to stay elsewhere for the extra nights or pay whatever the resort wanted to charge us to book directly through them to not have to move hotels during our stay.

If we were only staying 7 days I wouldn't hesitate to use skyauction for a 4th time.

lpol
02-13-2008, 03:23 PM
I agree with Faye. We used Skyauction on our last trip and just booked for this Spring. You can either use the Ready Set Go Auctions, or search under Orlando. Just make sure if you want a 7 night stay, bid on that as opposed toa bid per night, it works out cheaper usually. We won a 7 night stay for $1, so its costing us $311! You can't beat that!!!