PDA

View Full Version : Windsor Hills-How far in advance should we book?

hcmommy
02-12-2008, 01:42 PM
We are not going until early Dec. 2009 so obviously we have a lot of time before we go, but how far in advance should we book a condo there. Do they tend to fill up quickly?

4forMe
02-12-2008, 01:59 PM
If you have your heart set on a particular condo due to theming, location, etc., I would say the earlier the better.

We had to change our plans from onsite to offsite. I started looking at WH availibility for our upcoming summer trip 7 months in advance and was shocked to see that most of my first choices were already booked for my timeframe. Of course, if you're going during a less crowded time of the year, then it will probably not be as much of an issue.

We have friends that are going the same time we are who are now trying to find a place in WH. Most of their top choices (places with Mickey themed rooms, etc.) are already booked.

I have friends who were able to find accommodations 2 months out for a trip during spring break; however, they're not as picky with their choices.

I hope this info helps. Good luck with planning your trip.

Cindy B
02-13-2008, 04:47 AM
They place I am renting from has 8 condos. I have booked my August trip already. There is an availability calendar for all of 2008 and some of 2009 (up to Feb 2009) and there are only 5 weeks that are not filled.

gqchicago
02-13-2008, 08:50 AM
The best places do book up very far in advance! 9-12 months in advance is not uncommon at all, especially for peak times like Xmas season. Now if you were thinking early Dec, when it's "low" season, that's completely different, but over Xmas/New Years, the earlier the better, assuming of course you want to be able to pick from the nicest places! :)
:thumbsup2

conniehar90
02-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Yes - I already booked my Xmas trip. The owners I rent from are so nice they gave me 10% off for booking so early.

wandawoman
02-13-2008, 12:26 PM
We booked a 6 bedroom house in Windsor Hills through Florida Sun Vacation Homes. They allow you to book one year in advance and that is what I did. I wanted to be sure I got the house I wanted and the week I wanted. I would recommend you book as early as possible.

hcmommy
02-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks everyone! I think I will wait until Nov. 2008 to book, that way it will just be a year in advance. I have a few properties I am interested in thru Florida Sun Vacations and I would be happy to get any of them.

OT-wandawoman, your user name cracks me up :rotfl:

bennythepug
02-15-2008, 02:46 PM
We are going in July '09 and I'm booking just as soon as I get my income tax return back. I have it narrowed down to 3 or 4 of my favorites. I have been watching the availability calenders on them and they do seem to fill up quickly. that 10% someone mentioned for booking early- sounds nice :lovestruc