PDA

View Full Version : Patricia & Dale - DFTW VR 9/9/08 TR starts pg 50 - Finally finished! :)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

pjstevens
02-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Well, I have lurked here, reading about all the Fairy Tale Weddings, about all the beautiful brides, about all the frustrations when things went wrong, and I've laughed and cried right along with many of you. I am not an avid poster on this board, being I was married in 1983!!! That sounds like so long ago. I have lived that dream wedding through many of you. Well, hubby and I have booked a cruise for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in September and we are renewing our vows on the Disney Wonder. I just spoke with Cathy at DFTW this afternoon. My reservation should be updated in the next day or two, then I'll be getting my planning booklet!!!!

I guess I should tell you a little about us. My name is Patty, I'm 43 (for now) and a Disney addict (oh wait that's another board, :rotfl: ). My husband Dale (46) and loves Disney probably just about as much as I do (maybe more some days!!!) We met at the beginning of my senior year of high school. He had already gone to college and was working a full time job (so mature, :goodvibes ).

We were married two years later. We had a nice wedding with our reception in the church hall (which was really small). There was no dancing, so we never had a 'first dance'. :sad1: I couldn't complain, I was in love (and I still am)!!! :love:

Almost 14 months after we got married, we started our family with the birth of our son. Three and a half years later, our daughter was born and three years later, our youngest son was born. We didn't have a lot of 'us' time before the kids came along.

Ok, the kids grew up, one is married, one is in college (just did the college program at Disney) and one is a junior in high school! Now, it's time for US!!!

We are celebrating our 25th anniversary in September. We had talked a little bit about a cruise on and off, but never too much. We did take a crusie in May of 2001 but it was as chaperones for the senior class trip of the school I was working at (a SMALL Christian school). I had a cabin with one girl, and poor hubby had a cabin with four other guys!!! :scared1: Boy was I glad to be the girl!!! This was not a romatic trip for us, but we did have fun.

Well last week, the Travel channel had on the Disney cruise special. Right then hubby started talking about doing a cruise for our anniversary!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

I was so excited, I was online in while the show was still on checking out prices and staterooms. (side note: our DS1 & DIL did the Disney land and cruise for their honeymoon, boy was I jealous).

While I was looking online, some how it came out that we should renew our vows on this trip (this was of course my suggestion) and hubby thought this might be nice. :cheer2:

I couldn't believe my ears!!! I was planning immediately!!! We booked our cruise on Friday and I called Fairy Tale Weddings to make sure our cruise had an opening for the vow renewal and it did!!!

It will most likely just be hubby and I. There is a slight possibility that DD may be able to attend (and she'll bring a friend) as she'll be doing the College Program again and sometimes Cast Members can get great rates on left over rooms. But for now, I'll be planning just for hubby and I.

So, I guess the brings us up to date. I'll try to find some photos to post.

caryndisneydiva
02-11-2008, 05:32 PM
oh i'm so excited for you! i think i saw your post on the dcl board this weekend about your vr (at least i think it was you)! where is you dd doing her cp?

i saw the dcl special yesterday on the travel channel and used it as a way to broach a honeymoon...

Mermaid_Ariel
02-11-2008, 05:34 PM
You sound so giddy!! I'm so excited for you guys!! What a lovely story! Congrats on 25 years and I hope we'll be as happy as you two 25 years down the road. :goodvibes

Lisacope
02-11-2008, 05:43 PM
from one Vr'er to another! Can't wait to read about your plans!

padisneyfour
02-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Your plans sound wonderful and welcome to another VR'er. I am looking forward to hearing more of your plans because I want to do a cruise one day too! Welcome and my DH and I are both 44 we we love disney as much if not more than our dds . I think because it took us so long to get there (our HM) and to them it is a normal vacation!(only if they knew what our vacations were growing up...:) ) WELCOME and congrats!

Lynn5700
02-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Aww Congrats!! What a nice story!!!!! My parents 25th anniversary is in October.It is so nice to hear people being married for that long!!! Congrats again :)

mermaidbride1108
02-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Wow, You sound so happy! That's so exciting!

Congrats!:goodvibes

figmentfan814
02-11-2008, 10:10 PM
How exciting! My mom was hoping for a VR this year (30 years for them) but my wedding has kind of pushed that out. I hope she gets her VR one day soon too! :goodvibes

Janet2k
02-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Well, hubby and I have booked a cruise for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in September and we are renewing our vows on the Disney Wonder.

Pjstevens, congratulations! Your vow renewal sounds wonderful, ~sigh.~

My husband & I renewed our vows in WDW a few years ago, and we're considering renewing them in either WDW or DL for our upcoming 25th. It's nice seeing so many other folks here on the Dis renewing their vows, too.

My family hasn't done a Disney cruise yet, so I look forward to hearing how your vow renewal turns out. I'm sure it will be wonderful. Again, congratulations. And happy planning!

Janet2k
02-12-2008, 12:26 AM
My reservation should be updated in the next day or two, then I'll be getting my planning booklet!!!!

Pjstevens, I forgot to mention this earlier. I'm not sure what they're going to send you, but I scanned in the information that was recently sent to me and I shared it in a thread of mine. If you click here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1595926&page=6) and go halfway down that page (look for posts 84 - 88), you'll find various images of the current FTW booklet for WDW. There is a little bit of "Cruise Collection" information in there.

I hope this helps keep your excitement going until you receive your official information from the FTW folks. Again, congratulations on your upcoming vow renewal!

pjstevens
02-12-2008, 10:41 PM
oh i'm so excited for you! i think i saw your post on the dcl board this weekend about your vr (at least i think it was you)! where is you dd doing her cp?

i saw the dcl special yesterday on the travel channel and used it as a way to broach a honeymoon...

Caryn,

I can't tell you how excited I am, I keep looking at the Disney Fairy Tale Wedding stuff thinking, planning, dreaming... oh, I am so excited. :banana:

Our dd will be going back to Disney in June I think. Not sure where she'll be, but she hopes to be back at Sunshine Seasons in the Land in Epcot. She had the best managers there. She was able to take the entire week off when we came to visit in December (prior to super busy time) and spend it with us. Others who work in other sections were told no requests for days off between Thanksgiving and after the New Year!!!

pjstevens
02-12-2008, 10:43 PM
You sound so giddy!! I'm so excited for you guys!! What a lovely story! Congrats on 25 years and I hope we'll be as happy as you two 25 years down the road. :goodvibes

Jessi,

I am giddy, I can't believe the excitement. I was showing hubby tonight the DFTW site!!! (He's going along with this cause it's my dream). Thank God I have a great hubby.

pjstevens
02-12-2008, 10:43 PM
from one Vr'er to another! Can't wait to read about your plans!

Lisa,

I'll be by to check out your PJ. Can't wait to see what you've got planned.

pjstevens
02-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Your plans sound wonderful and welcome to another VR'er. I am looking forward to hearing more of your plans because I want to do a cruise one day too! Welcome and my DH and I are both 44 we we love disney as much if not more than our dds . I think because it took us so long to get there (our HM) and to them it is a normal vacation!(only if they knew what our vacations were growing up...:) ) WELCOME and congrats!

Thanks so much. It's great to see you are planning ahead. If I had done that, maybe we could of done the renewal at Disney, but that is so far out of the budget to even think about. I'll be by to check out your pj shortly.

pjstevens
02-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Aww Congrats!! What a nice story!!!!! My parents 25th anniversary is in October.It is so nice to hear people being married for that long!!! Congrats again :)

Lynn,

Congrats to you, your wedding will be here in no time. Do you have a journal iwth all your details on here? If so, I'd love to read it. I love 'sharing' in the dreams of all these beautiful brides.

pjstevens
02-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Wow, You sound so happy! That's so exciting!

Congrats!:goodvibes

I read about your engagement. I tell you some guys are so romantic. Thanks for stopping by. I am sure I'll be lurking among all the other pj's trying to get some little ideas (being it is just the two of us, wont' need to do much).

pjstevens
02-12-2008, 10:51 PM
How exciting! My mom was hoping for a VR this year (30 years for them) but my wedding has kind of pushed that out. I hope she gets her VR one day soon too! :goodvibes

Figment,

Oh my goodness, only 20 days till your DFTW!!!! I am so excited for you. I'll be by to try and read some of your pj. Congrats to you!!!

pjstevens
02-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Pjstevens, I forgot to mention this earlier. I'm not sure what they're going to send you, but I scanned in the information that was recently sent to me and I shared it in a thread of mine. If you click here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1595926&page=6) and go halfway down that page (look for posts 84 - 88), you'll find various images of the current FTW booklet for WDW. There is a little bit of "Cruise Collection" information in there.

I hope this helps keep your excitement going until you receive your official information from the FTW folks. Again, congratulations on your upcoming vow renewal!

Janet,

Thanks so much for the link... oh I cannot wait to get my mail!!!! It looks so beautiful. I know there isn't a lot for the cruise wedding, but I'm still looking forward!! Thanks for sharing your booklet with me.

Janet2k
02-13-2008, 03:40 AM
I cannot wait to get my mail!!!! It looks so beautiful. I know there isn't a lot for the cruise wedding, but I'm still looking forward!! Thanks for sharing your booklet with me.

You're welcome, Pjstevens. A DVD comes with the WDW version of the FTW booklet. Just another reason for you to keep checking your mailbox daily. ;)

keenercam
02-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Patty -- Hi! I am so glad I found your PJ!! How exciting for you to be planning this. It is actually so close! Have fun planning! I will be here often to hear all about how things are going. :hug:

pjstevens
02-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Ok, I guess it's official, I have a PJ!!!!!

I have been looking at dresses (online only) since the thought of this popped into my head. Being that we are doing our renewal on the cruise, I knew I didn't want something too fancy, but I wanted something pretty. I have several tattoos (sorry if that offends anyone) but two are on my shoulders so I didn't want anything strapless or with spaghetti straps.

Well, today I found this dress and thought it would be perfect (without the necklace it's shown with)! If you have read any of my trip report, you know I am not a small person. I would love to lose 50 pounds before cruising (actually for my health) but the cruise is a good motivator. So I am not sure how this will look on me, but I may buy it and if it doesnít look nice Iíll try to sell it.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/pjstev222/97331021_o.jpg

It has a matching shirt for hubby.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/pjstev222/103938141_o.jpg

So of course I havenít shown hubby any of this, lol. He will think Iíve fallen off the deep end. I told him we have to look pretty for our vow renewal!!! PRETTY, you got that! Of course I had to listen to that. I meant for him to look nice, and I want to look pretty.

I am trying to find if anyone has seen or has a picture of the "Special Vow Renewal Album" that is included with the photography packages. I am debating here. Someone mentioned recently on their TR that they just got the CD (with all the pics on) and I was thinking that would be the best thing, so you have them all. We did NOT have a professional photographer the first time around. My photographer worked with my mil and did our wedding as our gift (if I recall, it was a LONG time ago :lmao: ) We got all of our photos in one of those magnetic albums. NOTHING PRETTY TO SHOW!!! We paid for our own wedding, so it was done on a shoestring. We didn't have any 'real' music at the reception (there was some background music), like I mentioned no 'first dance', no alcohol (not that we drink now, but we did like to then). Sorry, rant over.... back to the photography. That is one thing I wish we had done and would really like to do right this time. I would love your opions on this.

Well I guess right now, I better end here. I am anxiously awaiting my mail from DFTW!!!

padisneyfour
02-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Hey just wanted to say i was looking at some of your pics from your xmas trip - they were great! congrats on PJ start!

pjstevens
02-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey just wanted to say i was looking at some of your pics from your xmas trip - they were great! congrats on PJ start!

Thanks so much. I can't tell you how much fun we had at Disney in December. Boy, what a difference from the August heat and humidity. Granted we had an unusally warm week and some humidity, but nothing compared to the summer!!!

PrincessBride010103
02-13-2008, 11:04 PM
First off congratulations on 25 years!! We vacationed on the wonder twice and its awesome!! A great place to renew your vows! Also, that dress is really pretty...love the matching shirt! :banana:

pjstevens
02-14-2008, 08:49 AM
First off congratulations on 25 years!! We vacationed on the wonder twice and its awesome!! A great place to renew your vows! Also, that dress is really pretty...love the matching shirt! :banana:

Wow eight days til your DFTW!!!!! I'm so excited for you! Thanks on the congrats. I'll tell you it's not easy all the time, there are trials in all relationships, good days and bad, love and arguements, but I made a committment and I love my husband more every day! I am so excited to be celebrating 25 years!!! :cool1:

Can't wait to hear all about your wedding!

Starr W.
02-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Wow eight days til your DFTW!!!!! I'm so excited for you! Thanks on the congrats. I'll tell you it's not easy all the time, there are trials in all relationships, good days and bad, love and arguements, but I made a committment and I love my husband more every day! I am so excited to be celebrating 25 years!!! :cool1:

Can't wait to hear all about your wedding!

I love your dress! Where did you get it.

pjstevens
02-14-2008, 09:25 AM
I love your dress! Where did you get it.

Starr,

I haven't bought it yet, it's on ebay!!! and very inexpensive compared to what I've seen online for 'bridal' dresses. I really thing it's pretty too.

pjstevens
02-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Well, I have searched 'most' of my home and cannot find our wedding pics (nor my book that has our marriage certificate in it). I did find info on line to get a certified copy (for only $10) so I am going to send off for that and not worry and kill myself over finding this. I did want to post a few photos of what we looked like the first time. We went to the Poconos for our honeymoon (one of those couples resorts with the heart shaped tub and all ;) ) Fortunately, they did have a professional photographer so we do have some pics from then. These are from September 1983!!! I was please these were in a nice book so they still look nice (yea, I use to be blond).

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/pjstev222/002.jpg

Yea, hubby had LOTS of facial hair. We went back for our second anniversary and had a few more done (notice the lack of hair, :lmao: ) Much better, I told him he can never grow that beard back.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/pjstev222/001.jpg

Mermaid_Ariel
02-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Awww!!! You guys are so totally cute!!! I love seeing these kind of pictures because I get that fuzzy feeling because I know for somebody it's nostalgic :goodvibes Thank you so much for sharing your memories with us! :hug:

keenercam
02-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Patty -- Those pix are adorable! I have to tell you, I really like the color of your hair in your most recent trip pix. I know when we knew each other well you were blonde, but the darker color hair really makes your eyes look huge! :)

pjstevens
02-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Awww!!! You guys are so totally cute!!! I love seeing these kind of pictures because I get that fuzzy feeling because I know for somebody it's nostalgic :goodvibes Thank you so much for sharing your memories with us! :hug:

I know that warm fuzzy feeling. I can't believe how young we were (but granted I was 19 when we got married).

Patty -- Those pix are adorable! I have to tell you, I really like the color of your hair in your most recent trip pix. I know when we knew each other well you were blonde, but the darker color hair really makes your eyes look huge! :)

Cam,

I just went dark (my natural color I guess) about two years ago, before my sons wedding. I got so many compliments that I decided then to never go back to blonde. Now I don't have to color it every month (money and time saver there). I do like it darker. Aubre did hers darker and thats what got me thinking. I also just use a semi to cover the gray (which I NEVER knew I had when I was blonde :lmao: )

zalansky
02-15-2008, 02:55 PM
I am in! I want w VR for 2010 so I am always on the lookout for VR PJ's! I grew up on Long Island so I know all about the Poconos and those heart shaped tubs. You two are too cute! Congrats on the cruise, can't wait to hear more.

pjstevens
02-15-2008, 03:54 PM
I am in! I want w VR for 2010 so I am always on the lookout for VR PJ's! I grew up on Long Island so I know all about the Poconos and those heart shaped tubs. You two are too cute! Congrats on the cruise, can't wait to hear more.

I have always dreamt of a vr, back like for our 10th, 15th, etc... but never opened my mouth. I think part of it was I always thought when i got back to the size I was when I got married, then we could renew our vows. Needless to say I GIVE UP!!!! I want a vow renewal. I am trying to get some more weight off (I've lost 30 in the past two years, but honestly, I lost 35-40 in a year, then slowly it kept up and down for the past year). I so want to look better and feel better. I can't even say how excited I am about the cruise! Thanks for the congrats. I stopped by your homepage, you have a beautiful family.

Eeyore's Tailfinder
02-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Hi PJ!! Good to see you over here on this board!! I'm a long time lurker here too :teeth:

Will be nice to follow your progress before the Cruise!!

pjstevens
02-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi PJ!! Good to see you over here on this board!! I'm a long time lurker here too :teeth:

Will be nice to follow your progress before the Cruise!!

Thanks Hayley, I've hung out here, dreaming for some time, lol, now I can really be here!!! Can't wait til September!

Goldeelox9
02-20-2008, 09:39 AM
HI! I am getting married on the Disney Wonder in November! I am so glad to find another Disney Cruise Bride! I love that dress and Shirt! Awesome! Are you planning on having your service on the ship or on the island?

Gillian
02-20-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm so excited for you! A DCL VR sounds fantastic!

Those places in the Poconos are a goof, but fun. Your tree pics looks look like some we have. There's also the floating heads in a heart. :rotfl2: Ours are from the 90s, but I doubt things were much different. Except we had snow.

Love the dress. Any chance you could share the store name?

pjstevens
02-20-2008, 11:12 AM
HI! I am getting married on the Disney Wonder in November! I am so glad to find another Disney Cruise Bride! I love that dress and Shirt! Awesome! Are you planning on having your service on the ship or on the island?

Hi Lisa,

I've been lurking on yoru PJ. Loving all your info. We are doing our VR on board. I am hoping that we dont' have to do it on the only day at sea as that is the day before we get back to port. I want to enjoy my flowers and cake for more than an evening. :confused3

I really think I'll be ordering that dress this week, I am sure that is the one.

pjstevens
02-20-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm so excited for you! A DCL VR sounds fantastic!

Those places in the Poconos are a goof, but fun. Your tree pics looks look like some we have. There's also the floating heads in a heart. :rotfl2: Ours are from the 90s, but I doubt things were much different. Except we had snow.

Love the dress. Any chance you could share the store name?

Gillian,

I found it on ebay. I'll find the 'store' or sellers id and pm you.

Goldeelox9
02-20-2008, 12:05 PM
yeah hopefully they can do it early in the trip! I like our wedding will be in the middle. I was scared cause on the 3 day cruise Castaway Cay is last! I wanted to enjoy my flowers and all too! My planner did tell me once we get to port after the cruise to just to grab my bouquet and walk off the ship and "most likely" no one will stop me.

pjstevens
02-20-2008, 02:29 PM
yeah hopefully they can do it early in the trip! I like our wedding will be in the middle. I was scared cause on the 3 day cruise Castaway Cay is last! I wanted to enjoy my flowers and all too! My planner did tell me once we get to port after the cruise to just to grab my bouquet and walk off the ship and "most likely" no one will stop me.

Lisa,

that would be wonderful. I so want to keep my flowers. I had 'fake' ones the first time around and want to show these off to everyone. (but it will only be hubby and i on the ship).

mymainmouse
02-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Patricia,
I followed your link from your trip report. Those pictures of you and your husband are so sweet. I am so happy for you with your VR. I really like your dress. It will look so nice on you.

Good luck with your weight loss goals. I know what you mean about losing and gaining weight. I lost 23 lbs last summer and I think I have gained 5-8 lbs.back. I can't wait for warmer weather so I can walk and be outside, instead of being stuck in the house with Christmas candy, valentine candy and soon Easter candy!:scared1:

pjstevens
02-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Patricia,
I followed your link from your trip report. Those pictures of you and your husband are so sweet. I am so happy for you with your VR. I really like your dress. It will look so nice on you.

Good luck with your weight loss goals. I know what you mean about losing and gaining weight. I lost 23 lbs last summer and I think I have gained 5-8 lbs.back. I can't wait for warmer weather so I can walk and be outside, instead of being stuck in the house with Christmas candy, valentine candy and soon Easter candy!:scared1:

Kelly,

thanks for coming by!!! I too can't wait for some warmer weather. I hate winter (unless we get a big snow) but that hasn't happened for a while.

hlrababy
02-22-2008, 10:03 AM
I love the dress and matching shirt!

pjstevens
02-22-2008, 05:27 PM
I love the dress and matching shirt!

Thanks Heather. :goodvibes

pjstevens
02-22-2008, 05:39 PM
I ordered my dress and hubby's matching shirt today!!!! YIPEE!!! I am so excited. Hubby does not know, but 'oh well' he will wear it, lol. I haven't gotten anything in the mail from DFTW yet :confused3 I only have the online info that was sent to me (basically it is the planning guide) that I am to fill out and fax back. I know what flowers I am going to pick. I couldn't save a big photo of them, so it might be pretty small, sorry.

I love this tropical bouquet for me
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/pjstev222/tropical.jpg

and this for hubby
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/pjstev222/tropbut.jpg

I have read about doing a sand ceremony. We didn't have a unity candle or anything like that when we got married the first time, I thought the sand ceremony looked nice. Only problem, I cannot find an answer to whether we could do that on board and be able to bring our sand home.

Due to customs and such, I can't bring my flowers or cake off the ship :sad1:

Well I guess thats all I have for now. Thanks for following along.

mymainmouse
02-23-2008, 10:36 PM
I ordered my dress and hubby's matching shirt today!!!! YIPEE!!! I am so excited. Hubby does not know, but 'oh well' he will wear it, lol. I haven't gotten anything in the mail from DFTW yet :confused3 I only have the online info that was sent to me (basically it is the planning guide) that I am to fill out and fax back. I know what flowers I am going to pick. I couldn't save a big photo of them, so it might be pretty small, sorry.

and this for hubby
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/pjstev222/tropbut.jpg

I have read about doing a sand ceremony. We didn't have a unity candle or anything like that when we got married the first time, I thought the sand ceremony looked nice. Only problem, I cannot find an answer to whether we could do that on board and be able to bring our sand home.

Well I guess thats all I have for now. Thanks for following along.

Patricia,
That's too bad about the flowers and cake. Did the Disney Cruiseline people tell you that? Since our cruise was over Valentine's Day they were selling flowers on board the ship. They made an announcement about the roses saying you may or may not get to keep them once you got to customs. I did see someone carrying the roses off the ship when we were disembarking. I am not sure what happened when they got to customs but I know I saw a little girl with roses getting off the ship and heading towards customs the same time as us. They may have taken them from her once she got to a certain point. It is such a pretty bouquet it would be a shame to not get to enjoy it as long as possible. :sad2:

accountingbabe08
02-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Living vicariously through yours!!!!

pjstevens
02-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Patricia,
That's too bad about the flowers and cake. Did the Disney Cruiseline people tell you that? Since our cruise was over Valentine's Day they were selling flowers on board the ship. They made an announcement about the roses saying you may or may not get to keep them once you got to customs. I did see someone carrying the roses off the ship when we were disembarking. I am not sure what happened when they got to customs but I know I saw a little girl with roses getting off the ship and heading towards customs the same time as us. They may have taken them from her once she got to a certain point. It is such a pretty bouquet it would be a shame to not get to enjoy it as long as possible. :sad2:

Kelly,

I've heard different things so I guess I won't be sure until it happens. I'll definately 'try' and take them with me. I've been given a heads up to ask them to wrap my cake really good and I could put it in a suitcase!!! (just hope it doesn't squish out into my clothes, hahaha :rotfl2: )

I really hope to be able to bring them home since they are so pretty and you don't get much to remember the special day with.

pjstevens
02-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Living vicariously through yours!!!!

Thanks for joining. I have lived many of times through others trip reports and planning journals!!!! Makes life so much more fun.

WDBRDWLK
02-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Hi pjstevens- OMG I had to laugh when I started reading your report. It sounds just like me and my husband. We married in March 1981 and also went to the Pocono's for our HM! We have two children, our son married in June 2005 and our daughter was also a CP working at EPCOT's Land Boat ride.

Fast forward...My DH and I renewed our vows on the Disney Wonder in March, 2006. Our ceremony was held outside on Deck 7 at 4pm on a Friday while in Nassua. Cathy Ingle from DFTW was our land coordinator. We started planning our VR about 18 months before. We met with her in Oct. 2005 but did most planning via email. It was a small ceremony, 9 of us all together.

We did have the onboard photographer. We chose the photo package for $400. Also the organist was fantastic. I dont remember if that was included in the $1000 VR price. (the price has since gone up to I believe, $1800) My daughter and daughter-in-law both held the flower wands, my son and husband both had beautiful boutineers. My bouquet was beautiful. I will have to dig out some photos so you can see everything...or go to http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh231/wdbrdwlk/DCL%20Vow%20Renewal/?mediafilter=images you may need to scroll down to see the photos.

There are other great gift surprises waiting for you...but I won't spoil it!

Let me know if I can help.

Goldeelox9
02-25-2008, 02:32 PM
I am getting married on the Disney Cruise in November and I hate suprises.....Can you PM me and "spoil" it for me!

WDBRDWLK
02-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Oops, I forgot to mention, just take a large tupperware container with you so that you can take your leftover cake off the ship. pack it in your suitcase inside a zip-lock bag...as for the flowers I had no problem taking mine off the ship. The rule of thumb is if Disney provided the flowers for the VR then they were created on US land and therefore you can take them off the ship.

pjstevens
02-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Oops, I forgot to mention, just take a large tupperware container with you so that you can take your leftover cake off the ship. pack it in your suitcase inside a zip-lock bag...as for the flowers I had no problem taking mine off the ship. The rule of thumb is if Disney provided the flowers for the VR then they were created on US land and therefore you can take them off the ship.

THANK YOU!!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Can you say I am so excited to hear that!!!! I'll be checking out your photos when I get home (you know, work has to be done some times, lol). Thanks for sharing. I"m sure I'll be asking you lots of questions.

WDBRDWLK
02-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Goldelox9- I have seen your pj on other threads...great ideas. I love the dress you picked out too. Although I had a VR your wedding will be abit different. I have seen other TR on the weddings at Castaway Cay...they are just beautiful! You will be one beautiful bride! Can't wait for more details...

WDBRDWLK
02-25-2008, 03:00 PM
And one more thing...we had candybars made that had our names, date and 25th Anniversary on them in silver paper. We also bought custom M&M's. We had stateroom gifts delivered to our guests as well....Our reception was in PALO's...it was the best reception ever! We had a wonderful server and he brought us every food dish they make in the kitchen...we ate for hours it seemed. they even served more of the wedding cake too if anyone wanted it. And leftovers were delivered to the staterooms. It was great... I will add more as I relive it here at work with my door closed!

pjstevens
02-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Fast forward...My DH and I renewed our vows on the Disney Wonder in March, 2006. Our ceremony was held outside on Deck 7 at 4pm on a Friday while in Nassua. Cathy Ingle from DFTW was our land coordinator. We started planning our VR about 18 months before. We met with her in Oct. 2005 but did most planning via email. It was a small ceremony, 9 of us all together.

Did you have a pj or a tr? I think I stumbled across your photos somewhere in my massive search of the boards looking for info. I love you photos. Everything looks beautiful. How many days was your cruise. We are only four nights and I've been told I can only have our cermony on the 'sea' day which is the day before we arrive back at port. I read that you had yours while you were at Nassau, correct? Was that an option back then?

Of course the price has gone up, but I think I got in just before an increase cause I was quoted $1500 and I read online (on the disneyweddings site) that its $18something for the four night cruise vow renewal.

Thanks for stopping by my pj.

padisneyfour
02-25-2008, 09:47 PM
I like you flowers. They will be perfect for your tropical VR:goodvibes

Keira1387
02-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Congrats on ordering your dress! Love the flowers!

pjstevens
02-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Ok, I've done some research and found that I should be fine if I want to do a sand ceremony. Since we'll be bringing the sand from the US, shouldn't be any problem bringing it back into the US... this is also what I heard about the flowers!!!!!

I had found a nice sand ceremony set but didn't buy it before it ended (on ebay) and of course can't find any like it. It was a smaller one and has a cork top (so that way I can make sure the sand doesn't spill out on the way home). Hoping the person will relist soon, but not sure.

Has anyone come across info for sand ceremony's (like wording, where to get, etc)?

I can't wait for September, I'm getting more excited each day.

pjstevens
02-26-2008, 08:36 AM
I like you flowers. They will be perfect for your tropical VR:goodvibes

Thats what I thought. I loved all the choices, but they so said 'cruise' to me that I thought they'd be wonderful.

pjstevens
02-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Congrats on ordering your dress! Love the flowers!

Thank you so much, and welcome aboard. I'll be over to check out your PJ. Congrats on your upcoming wedding.

pjstevens
02-27-2008, 09:47 AM
In order to do a vow renewal, you have to have your original marriage license. I mentioned earlier that I cannot find that (nor my wedding photos!!!!) So I sent away for a certified copy and yesterday in my mail I get something from the Clerk of the Peace (that handles these things). I open it up and find MY SON'S marriage license!!!! Now hubby is a senior, but wasn't when we got married. We were married in 1983, DS got married in 2006, different bride and different month. I was so shocked that they could mess this up (being you had to provide all the original info). Fortunately a quick phone call and our license is being mailed out today!!! Should have that in a day or two.

On another note, I finally got the mailing from DFTW and I cannot get the cd/dvd to play right in my computer. Heads up I am using Vista, so there is probably my problem. I can view it, but I have NO sound at all. Any suggestions??

lpizzuro123
02-28-2008, 03:48 PM
As far as the CD/DVD goes - not sure which one you are referring to. I got a DVD of cakes and I could not open it up on my computer at home. I need to open it up at work. It was a PowerPoint document. I thought I had this on my laptop but I guess not.

Linda

pjstevens
02-29-2008, 09:03 AM
As far as the CD/DVD goes - not sure which one you are referring to. I got a DVD of cakes and I could not open it up on my computer at home. I need to open it up at work. It was a PowerPoint document. I thought I had this on my laptop but I guess not.

Linda

It was the one that comes with the initial DFTW info packet. I should try running it on one of the kids computers they are still running XP.

pjstevens
02-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Ok, I've talked (via email of course) with my contact at DFTW and she said it is fine to do a sand ceremony on board and bring home. Since I am taking all the supplies on with me in the US will be fine to bring home! So I ordered this pretty set off Ebay yesterday

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/pjstev222/sand.jpg

I haven't pick my colors yet, but I've read to pick colors that compliment where you are going to display it (I'm thinking our bedroom). That would be a dark blue and tan. If I did living room, that one has lots of colors, but the walls are a very pale yellow so something that would look good with that. Any ideas?

pjstevens
02-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Well my dress (and hubby's shirt) arrived yesterday!!! I am so excited. I was surprised how small it was squished into the envelope!!! Will make easy packing, lol... Thank goodness they will steam it for me on the ship! Of course I tried it on and wasnt' overjoyed with the excess weight that is still hanging around. I have been walking/jogging (just started that) and need to start on some weights to firm up some of the excess. I will though try it on again and post a pic soon.

mymainmouse
03-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Keep up the good work!
Did you get your marriage license yet?

padisneyfour
03-01-2008, 11:39 AM
YEAH... that is exciting! Do you show Dh the shirt? You both will look Great!

pjstevens
03-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Keep up the good work!
Did you get your marriage license yet?

Yes, we did, finally get our marriage certificate. It came really quick the second time.

YEAH... that is exciting! Do you show Dh the shirt? You both will look Great!

No, I haven't shown dh yet, lol... He's going to show up, that's all that matters, lol. Actually, I'll have to break it to him, as I am planning and planning.

mymainmouse
03-05-2008, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=pjstevens;23617163]Yes, we did, finally get our marriage certificate. It came really quick the second time.

:) I just realized what I wrote. I called it a marriage "license". I expect you had that 25 years ago.:rotfl: Sorry about that.:laughing: I am glad you got your marriage certificate.

DisneyFairy19
03-06-2008, 08:23 PM
How exciting, planning your VR.. :goodvibes Love the dress

pjstevens
03-06-2008, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE]

:) I just realized what I wrote. I called it a marriage "license". I expect you had that 25 years ago.:rotfl: Sorry about that.:laughing: I am glad you got your marriage certificate.

Actually Kelly, you were right, it is a certified copy of our marriage license. I don't know what I was thinking of.

pjstevens
03-06-2008, 09:11 PM
How exciting, planning your VR.. :goodvibes Love the dress

Thanks Christina. I just stopped by your PJ and LOVE your dress and veil.

pjstevens
03-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Sorry I've been 'away' from the board. I could spend all day playing here, but I have to work, also playing on the cruise board and I've been ebaying a LOT to try and make money towards this.

Today, Hubby and I were discussing the cruise and vow renewal and what we were going to wear and he's telling me he'll wear his white polo, I told him NO!!! then he says he has a long sleeve white dress shirt!!! I tell him NO!! I finally say I already got you a shirt!!!

WELL I GOT THE LOOK!!!! The look that says, "I already know that!!!" 'Cause I've been peeking at your PJ!!!"

He says to me, I've been waiting for you to write more, :lmao:

Well, now he knows about the sand ceremony (but he didn't get the entire idea) but after some explaining, he seems to understand.

So I guess I'll have to update some more.

Oh, I did find ONE photo from our wedding. I know they are here some where, but I've been scrapping disney pics for so long, I haven't look all over again.

Here is one from after our ceremony, but it's not too good (kind of a side view).

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/pjstev222/001-1.jpg

pjstevens
03-16-2008, 03:27 PM
I think I've decided on a dark blue and tan for our sand ceremony colors. I want to be able to display it somewhere and those colors will go with our bedroom.

For those that have done the sand ceremony, where did you get your sand? A local craft store, or online?

Goldeelox9
03-16-2008, 03:48 PM
I am scared my sand will get all messed up and totally mixed together on the plane home. I was to see you trying on your dress!

pjstevens
03-16-2008, 09:17 PM
I am scared my sand will get all messed up and totally mixed together on the plane home. I was to see you trying on your dress!

Lisa,

My 'plan' is to really cram the sand in so that it is so full it can't move and also to put it in my carry on. Praying that after all this, that I don't have a problem.

figmentfan814
03-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Lisa,

My 'plan' is to really cram the sand in so that it is so full it can't move and also to put it in my carry on. Praying that after all this, that I don't have a problem.

We actually got our sand through Disney Floral which worked out perfectly. Our colors were blue and white. I don't think you can carry them in your carry on with the new regulations. We stuffed tissue inside our jar (which had a lid) and it still got mixed up a little. I figured that it's okay because after all it shows how our lives are truly joined together now and can't be separated :goodvibes

WDBRDWLK
03-17-2008, 02:26 PM
For all of you who are creating a sand ceremony and are worried about the sand mixing or becoming loose...try using melted candle wax ontop of the sand before you put the cork or top on for good. It works! Try it at home first to see if that is what you want.

pjstevens
03-17-2008, 04:00 PM
For all of you who are creating a sand ceremony and are worried about the sand mixing or becoming loose...try using melted candle wax ontop of the sand before you put the cork or top on for good. It works! Try it at home first to see if that is what you want.

wow thanks for that idea... now to remember to take a candle with me (and matches)... oh, my list will be sooo long come september.

mymainmouse
03-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Patricia,
Just checking in to see how things are going with the plans. :) I noticed you mentioned making extra money on ebay. I was curious about that. I would love to make some extra money for our fall trip. I had mentioned upgrading to Port Orleans to Emily (oldest DD) before I actually crunched the numbers. After I did the price comparison between Value and Moderates I realized it was a considerable difference. She is really disappointed now. I would love to surprise everyone with a Moderate Resort but only if I could pay for the difference by myself. We like the Values, I just thought it would be nice to try somewhere else. I'll just be happy to go.;)

Just wondered if you had any tips.

The picture of you and your husband at your wedding is so neat.

pjstevens
03-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Patricia,
Just checking in to see how things are going with the plans. :) I noticed you mentioned making extra money on ebay. I was curious about that. I would love to make some extra money for our fall trip. I had mentioned upgrading to Port Orleans to Emily (oldest DD) before I actually crunched the numbers. After I did the price comparison between Value and Moderates I realized it was a considerable difference. She is really disappointed now. I would love to surprise everyone with a Moderate Resort but only if I could pay for the difference by myself. We like the Values, I just thought it would be nice to try somewhere else. I'll just be happy to go.;)

Just wondered if you had any tips.

The picture of you and your husband at your wedding is so neat.

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for checking in. Ebay is a little slow going, but I have been selling some things (mainly books and clothes). I know what you mean about staying in a moderate, we too have only stayed at values, but I think after pulling this cruise off, we'll be able to do anythign we set our mind too. My plan is to have as much paid off before the balance is due (since it has to be paid in full before the end of May). We'll then put the balance on our disney visa and get the points (and pay that off asap).

We put our initial $400 deposit down and I've already made two more payments of $150 each. I'm planning on putting $100 every other week (when I get paid) as I had been putting that money in savings. Granted we could be earning interest by putting it in the ING until it's due, but I don't want any chance of it getting used for 'bills' so I am doing it this way and not worrying about the interest.

I hope you are able to upgrade to the moderate, but like you mentioned, we too love the values (we aren't in the room but at night to sleep).

CAVEA001
03-18-2008, 04:36 PM

(I apologize, I haven't read any further) ... but I was able to take my flowers off DCL back in '07. I had that tropical bouquet and I :love:'ed it!!!

pjstevens
03-18-2008, 05:10 PM
(I apologize, I haven't read any further) ... but I was able to take my flowers off DCL back in '07. I had that tropical bouquet and I :love:'ed it!!!

Oh, thank you so much for posting!!!! I cannot wait!!!! I am so excited waiting for September to get here. Again, thank you!!! :thanks:

Goldeelox9
03-18-2008, 09:31 PM
wow thanks for that idea... now to remember to take a candle with me (and matches)... oh, my list will be sooo long come september.

That is a great idea....my list is growing too! LOL Daily!!!!!

pjstevens
03-18-2008, 10:01 PM
That is a great idea....my list is growing too! LOL Daily!!!!!

I was showing hubby the sand ceremony set tonigth and explained what someone mentioned about the wax (sealing the sand in the main bottle for travel) and he started repeating the same thing... cause he's been lurking here reading all this too. I told him he needs to start a list then so we don't forget... he say's you already did, but I told him my list was a mental one right now!! If he's going to hang out here reading about our plans, he needs to do something.

mymainmouse
03-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi Kelly,

We put our initial $400 deposit down and I've already made two more payments of $150 each. I'm planning on putting $100 every other week (when I get paid) as I had been putting that money in savings. Granted we could be earning interest by putting it in the ING until it's due, but I don't want any chance of it getting used for 'bills' so I am doing it this way and not worrying about the interest.

That's definitely a smart way to do it. We just paid off last fall's Disney trip with our income tax refund. I think that is basically the plan for next year too. We do have a "vacation fund" that we save money in for spending money. I always worry about it getting spent on bills too.

Are you selling clothes that you don't wear anymore? I usually just get rid of mine at Goodwill or Salvation Army. Sometimes the clothes are in too bad shape so they get thrown in the rag bin. Abby does have some things she has outgrown that I could sell. Dresses and things that she didn't wear out.

I keep threatening to sell their Beanie Babies on Ebay. They have about 100 or more in containers under their beds. But if I did that I would probably be in huge trouble with my MIL since she bought most of them plus I don't want to hurt her feelings.:thumbsup2

That's a great idea for sealing your bottle of sand! Just make sure you don't set off the smoke detector in your cabin. :rotfl:

pjstevens
03-19-2008, 10:08 AM
That's a great idea for sealing your bottle of sand! Just make sure you don't set off the smoke detector in your cabin. :rotfl:

I think we better do that on the verandah to be safe.

As for ebaying, I am selling clothes that I would have taken good will. Basically if I wouldn't buy it, I won't sell it. Unfortunately beanie babies don't seem to sell on ebay. I have a TON of them and keep planning on taking them to the state police cause they collect them to send to the soldiers to give to the kids.

mymainmouse
03-22-2008, 10:07 PM
Happy Easter!!

pjstevens
03-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Happy Easter!!

Happy Easter to all.

pjstevens
03-23-2008, 05:07 PM
I ordered my sand today for our sand ceremony. I found an awesome site that has just about every imaginable color of sand and if they don't they can custom color it for you. I ordered a marine blue (dark blue) and an ivory, which looks like a light tan so they will do with our bedroom colors so we can display it when we get back!!! I also put another payment on our cruise this week (slowly paying this down)!!! yea!!!

keenercam
03-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Patty -- The sand colors sound wonderful! Happy Easter! :hug:

29apr00
03-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Great PJ so far! I'm so excited, we are planning on a VR on DCL for our 10th in 2010. I can't wait to get started on it! I love your choices so far!

Jennifer

pjstevens
03-26-2008, 08:39 AM
Great PJ so far! I'm so excited, we are planning on a VR on DCL for our 10th in 2010. I can't wait to get started on it! I love your choices so far!

Jennifer

Jennifer,

welcome aboard. I hope I can assist you in any way. I'm jealous, you have a trip coming up really soon!!!

29apr00
03-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Jennifer,

welcome aboard. I hope I can assist you in any way. I'm jealous, you have a trip coming up really soon!!!

I know, i'm so excited! I can't wait to go, so i can come back and start planning my Vow Renewal!!! :rotfl:

chepic
04-02-2008, 02:40 PM
PJ.....I love the 80's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big hair, lots of fluff, great times!!!!

Wonderful preview to your VR, and I love the matching dress and shirt!! We all wore matching clothes on the first day that we got on board, and I loved it.

Make certain that you take time to enjoy it all and I am so glad that you have read ahead for the VR, if I had I would have known to take my flowers after all, and I would have packed my cake!! Oh well, I have the memories and pictures!

I will keep reading to see how you are doing in all this. Maybe I can convince my husband that we have to do it again for 25 years, after all we will have a second child by then!!! :rotfl: I don't think he'll go for it.

Cheryl

mymainmouse
04-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Patricia,
Just had to tell someone that I knew would appreciate this as much as I do...
We are going to WDW in Sept. for Free Dining! :cool1: I have made reservations at ASMu for 7 nights (I add a day each year and my husband doesn't seem to notice...someday we'll be up to 2 weeks!:cool1: ) I even have all of my ADRs made as well. Now I just need to book our flight and we'll be ready to go. Yay!!
Sorry for interrupting your VR journal. I just had to tell someone who appreciates WDW as much as we do.:thumbsup2

padisneyfour
04-09-2008, 10:00 AM
thats great have fun.... on your trip!:goodvibes

pjstevens
04-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Patricia,
Just had to tell someone that I knew would appreciate this as much as I do...
We are going to WDW in Sept. for Free Dining! :cool1: I have made reservations at ASMu for 7 nights (I add a day each year and my husband doesn't seem to notice...someday we'll be up to 2 weeks!:cool1: ) I even have all of my ADRs made as well. Now I just need to book our flight and we'll be ready to go. Yay!!
Sorry for interrupting your VR journal. I just had to tell someone who appreciates WDW as much as we do.:thumbsup2

Kelly,

NEVER appoligize for your excitement!!!! I am so happy for you. Hubby mentioned to me last week, why don't we extend our trip a few days and do disney (since we are only doing the cruise part). well, needless to say, I have already booked our flights, so I am plum out of luck for this one. I'll be thinking of you when we head home without seeing mickey and friends. I am sure you'll have a great trip.

Goldeelox9
04-09-2008, 12:39 PM
You will see Mickey and friends lots on the cruise!

pjstevens
04-09-2008, 12:41 PM
You will see Mickey and friends lots on the cruise!

Thanks Lisa,

I actually forgot about that one important part of Disney's cruise!!! OH, I can't wait for September!!!!

mymainmouse
04-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Kelly,

NEVER appoligize for your excitement!!!! I am so happy for you. Hubby mentioned to me last week, why don't we extend our trip a few days and do disney (since we are only doing the cruise part). well, needless to say, I have already booked our flights, so I am plum out of luck for this one. I'll be thinking of you when we head home without seeing mickey and friends. I am sure you'll have a great trip.

Thanks! I knew you would understand. :goodvibes
I am sure your'e going to have such a great time. Too bad your husband didn't say anything a bit sooner. A cruise is so much fun though, and for it to be a Disney cruise I bet it will be awesome!

I made our flights yesterday afternoon. I hate making those plans because I want to get the cheapest deal and that can be tricky with airfare. I was reading an article on gas prices and it said through the summer it was going to average 4.00 a gallon so I decided just to purchase the fllight I had been looking at. I am afraid that with the price of fuel and all the problems the airlines have been having fares will only go up.
We are leaving until Sept. 13th though so gasoline could be back down by then. Who knows. I just won't check the airline websites any more.:thumbsup2 What I don't know won't hurt me. :laughing:

pjstevens
04-10-2008, 08:37 AM
I made our flights yesterday afternoon. I hate making those plans because I want to get the cheapest deal and that can be tricky with airfare. I was reading an article on gas prices and it said through the summer it was going to average 4.00 a gallon so I decided just to purchase the fllight I had been looking at. I am afraid that with the price of fuel and all the problems the airlines have been having fares will only go up.
We are leaving until Sept. 13th though so gasoline could be back down by then. Who knows. I just won't check the airline websites any more.:thumbsup2 What I don't know won't hurt me. :laughing:

Kelly,

I know what you mean. That's why I had already made our flights. Our dd was going to go to Disney during her spring break, and I told her to wait on a ding, since airfare was around 200 round trip. We have gotten $49 each way before, MANY times and just hate to pay $99 for that. Well, fortunately, she never did book, since she ended up not being able to go. But waiting and waiting on a ding for her from southwest, I gave up and booked our flights on airtran. We've been flying them for a few years now and really have had no problems at all. Only one delay (that was weather) and only a couple hours. I keep seeing all those American airlines flights that have been cancelled this week and pray that come September all the companies have these problems fixed. I would be devestated to miss my BIG event due to plane problems.

mymainmouse
04-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Kelly,

I know what you mean. That's why I had already made our flights. Our dd was going to go to Disney during her spring break, and I told her to wait on a ding, since airfare was around 200 round trip. We have gotten $49 each way before, MANY times and just hate to pay $99 for that. Well, fortunately, she never did book, since she ended up not being able to go. But waiting and waiting on a ding for her from southwest, I gave up and booked our flights on airtran. We've been flying them for a few years now and really have had no problems at all. Only one delay (that was weather) and only a couple hours. I keep seeing all those American airlines flights that have been cancelled this week and pray that come September all the companies have these problems fixed. I would be devestated to miss my BIG event due to plane problems.

I am glad to hear you like Airtran. Hubby wanted to fly on them this Sept. but they didn't seem to have any nonstop flights that were available in our area at decent times. Around here they fly out of Detroit, Dayton and Canton. Those places are all about 2 hours from us so they are all doable. I'll have to keep checking on Airtran flights for the future. My SIL lives close to Orlando and would like us to visit sometime. It's hard to fit in visiting them AND Mickey. My other SIL gets great deals on Southwest when she flies out of Pittsburgh but that would a 4 hour drive for us. I guess that is better than
21 hours or so. :laughing:

pjstevens
04-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Well today I just booked us at Pop for free dining after our cruise!!! I am so excited I cannot wait! Just had to share with someone. Now if only I can 'secretly' save up $1000 I would book the MK photoshoot, but I dont' see that happening very easily.

keenercam
04-19-2008, 03:45 PM
YAY! Patty -- That is so wonderful! Have you started thinking about where you will make your ADRs? Can't wait to hear your plans! :hug: See you Monday morning, sweetie!

pjstevens
04-19-2008, 07:04 PM
YAY! Patty -- That is so wonderful! Have you started thinking about where you will make your ADRs? Can't wait to hear your plans! :hug: See you Monday morning, sweetie!

Oh my goodness Cam, I didn't even think about that yet, LOL. Oh, something else to be reading up on thinking about. Did you do your eight miles today? I was at the y around 6:30 this am (of course I'd be 'on time' since it's Saturday and no one was 'meeting me', lol). Hope you had a great day and enjoyed your dinner last night. See you Monday am.

keenercam
04-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Oh my goodness Cam, I didn't even think about that yet, LOL. Oh, something else to be reading up on thinking about. Did you do your eight miles today? I was at the y around 6:30 this am (of course I'd be 'on time' since it's Saturday and no one was 'meeting me', lol). Hope you had a great day and enjoyed your dinner last night. See you Monday am.

You'd better get to making those ADRs! With free dining, a lot of places will be full. :eek: Congrats on getting to the gym! :woohoo: I went around 12:45 and got in 8.51 miles. Even better -- I burned 811 calories! :laughing:

pjstevens
04-19-2008, 08:40 PM
You'd better get to making those ADRs! With free dining, a lot of places will be full. :eek: Congrats on getting to the gym! :woohoo: I went around 12:45 and got in 8.51 miles. Even better -- I burned 811 calories! :laughing:

WOW Thats amazing!!!! Congrats. You'll be ready for Minnie without a doubt.

Goldeelox9
04-19-2008, 09:11 PM
:rotfl2: You can use the money you saved with free dining for your Magic Kingdom Pictures! :rotfl2:

pjstevens
04-20-2008, 05:49 AM
:rotfl2: You can use the money you saved with free dining for your Magic Kingdom Pictures! :rotfl2:

Good idea Lisa, but if it weren't for the free dining we wouldn't be doing the four days at WDW. We've only had to pay for the dining plan once in the past few years and that was in December, but with the CM dicount (DD was on the college program) it was so cheap to do that.

mymainmouse
04-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Yeah!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

I had a feeling you would end up staying longer after your cruise! :)

pjstevens
04-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

I had a feeling you would end up staying longer after your cruise! :)

Yea, I am so excited Kelly. When are you arriving at Disney? It would be neat if we were there at the same time, but looking at the counter, I'll probably be leaving when you are arriving. We are staying until the 14th.

mymainmouse
04-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Yea, I am so excited Kelly. When are you arriving at Disney? It would be neat if we were there at the same time, but looking at the counter, I'll probably be leaving when you are arriving. We are staying until the 14th.

We will be there on the 13th and going home on the 20th so we will overlap one day. :) We are going to DHS on the 13th for dinner at Mama Melrose's with the Fantasmic package. On the 14th we are going to rent a car and go to Kennedy space center. It is a surprise for my dad. He is always saying that we should go there sometime when we are in Florida so we decided this time we would surprise him and go. That evening we are going to be in DTD for dinner at Capn' Jacks. Anyhow it would be neat if we ran into each other.:)
I am so excited for you guys. It will be such a fun vacation.:goodvibes

29apr00
04-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Woo hoo Free dining!!! Have you stayed at Pop before? We are headed back for our 2nd time there in just a few more days!! I'm so excited! I can't wait to go, so i can come back and start planning my VR! :lmao:

pjstevens
04-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Woo hoo Free dining!!! Have you stayed at Pop before? We are headed back for our 2nd time there in just a few more days!! I'm so excited! I can't wait to go, so i can come back and start planning my VR! :lmao:

We love POP, we've stayed there several times and it is our favorite value to stay at. Have a great trip!

pjstevens
04-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Disney Honeymoon?! Well since we are using DFTW, for our vow renewal (even on the cruise), I've figured our trip afterwards to the land will be part of our '2nd honeymoon'. So last night I signed up for Disney Honeymoon Registry. Not that anyone is going go give us money towards our trip, but you get a pretty 'FREE' tote bag!!! :lovestruc

I'm so excited that we are extending our stay and going to get to the world. I was so excited about the cruise, but I know since DD is not going back for the CP this time, we won't be getting any great deals to make it easier to go back. Glad we'll be able to enjoy this time together. :love:

Now, I am looking at signature table services for a nice romantic meal. I'm kind of picky so some of the menus seem so far fetched, I wouldn't want to 'waste' two TS on a meal. I am also way past our 180 day window, so I am not sure what my choices will be. Only good thing is it is just the two of us, so usually not as hard to get in (compared to the six of us in December).

I have been thinking the MK photoshoot and I just can't justify that. I am going to look into the honeymoon shoot, but even thinking, maybe we'll just really do some nice ones on the cruise and do plan photopass in the parks.

Has anyone 'shared' a photopass? I've never done that before, but since we are only there for four days and it's just us two, I always want all my photos and hate to spend another $100 by preordering it. If you ahve shared, any comments would be appreciated (good, bad, ugly), lol.

Well I have 'officially' started training for a 5k this am. Should take about eight weeks, but I have two in person buddies (one disbride friend and one childhood friend) and the three of us are doing this together. I'm so excited. Now, ask me in a few weeks if I'm still excited, my enthusiam may change, but I hope not.

pjstevens
04-21-2008, 01:19 PM

Oh, I am so jealous you are going to POP so soon. We love POP and we've never stayed at anything but values. My hubby LOVES the food court at Pop so much more than the All Star's. Have a great time!

29apr00
04-21-2008, 02:54 PM
I have to say i wasn't impressed with AS when we were there in 2001. Granted, it was Sports which would be my absolute LEAST favorite resort, but i thought the Food court was too much burgers/hot dog type. Pop has great variety and wonderful choices.

:confused3 I tried for the free tote bag a few weeks ago, and it said the promotion was over.

29apr00
04-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Are you doing your VR on board or on the beach?

pjstevens
04-21-2008, 04:25 PM
I have to say i wasn't impressed with AS when we were there in 2001. Granted, it was Sports which would be my absolute LEAST favorite resort, but i thought the Food court was too much burgers/hot dog type. Pop has great variety and wonderful choices.

:confused3 I tried for the free tote bag a few weeks ago, and it said the promotion was over.

The first value we ever stayed at was AS Movie and we really liked it (but had nothing to compare, it was our first time staying on property). Then we got Pop and love it there. Granted it is a bigger resort (where AS had three smaller resorts), the food court is awesome. We did stay in one of the suites at AS Music in December and loved that! (granted we were paying less than $100 a night for all that room!!!)

I hope the tote bag isn't over. I let me fill in the info and has the promo code printed on my receipt. If not, oh well, it was free.

pjstevens
04-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Are you doing your VR on board or on the beach?

We are having our vow renewal on board (on deck 7)!!! I would love CC but not for another $1000. Boy Disney seems to like that number huh?

pjstevens
04-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Got an email from Cathy the DFTW coordinator for DCL and she said that our ceremony will NOT be held on the Sea Day, but will be either 4:30 or 5:30 on the day we are docked at Nassau. I am actually very excited about this change!!! With the day at sea scheduling, that meant our ceremony would be the evening before we leave the ship. All photos taken that night, who knows, but we would be scramming to pick out which ones we wanted printed. I had read a TR before and they got married on the Nassau day and I am so excited.

I've also been thinking about the MK photos and I am going to be smart here. I am going to splurge and get the fancy package of photos on the ship (and hopefully the package with the cd) and then just do photopass photos in the parks. Who knows, I might even con hubby into a photoshoot at the GF (like we did as a family at Christmas). Honestly, dont' know if they are still doing those, but hoping that would be a possiblity.

Well I am still debating on our TS, so I bette run so I can let hubby check out these menus.

29apr00
04-21-2008, 08:38 PM
That's great! It will be so nice to have that extra time to check out your pics.

As for the GF photo shoot, they still do that, and we are doing it next week!! I'm excited. I'll let you know how it goes! And since the $1000 MK shoot is out of our budget too, (can you imagine the price in 2 yrs!?!?!) we're just opting for the small honeymoon park shoot. hopefully that price doesn't skyrocket too much.

jennifer

pjstevens
04-21-2008, 09:19 PM
That's great! It will be so nice to have that extra time to check out your pics.

As for the GF photo shoot, they still do that, and we are doing it next week!! I'm excited. I'll let you know how it goes! And since the $1000 MK shoot is out of our budget too, (can you imagine the price in 2 yrs!?!?!) we're just opting for the small honeymoon park shoot. hopefully that price doesn't skyrocket too much.

jennifer

Jennifer,

You'll have so much fun with the GF photo shoot. We LOVED it and had to many photos to choose from when i was scrapping. I think that's going to be my thing to do!!! Thanks for 'convincing me', lol. I wish I was going in two weeks... boy I'll be thinking of you. Have a great time.

chepic
04-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Hello ladies...a few years ago we had the 1 hour photo shoot at Grand Floridian and it was fantastic. We were there with 2 other families so we made him work for that hour, took all the proofs, and ended up making our Christmas Cards out of one of the shots. It really was quite nice.

Just reading all this makes me want to do it all over again....but alas, there is no money in the bank this year for another trip (3 to Russia is enough for one year :rotfl: )

Cheryl

pjstevens
04-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Hello ladies...a few years ago we had the 1 hour photo shoot at Grand Floridian and it was fantastic. We were there with 2 other families so we made him work for that hour, took all the proofs, and ended up making our Christmas Cards out of one of the shots. It really was quite nice.

Just reading all this makes me want to do it all over again....but alas, there is no money in the bank this year for another trip (3 to Russia is enough for one year :rotfl: )

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for stopping by. You 'forgot' to mention that you too were a DCL vow renewal and that three trips to Russia equals one adorable little boy. Can't wait for you to get to bring him home!

pjstevens
04-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Ok, I woke up this am from an aweful dream!!!! We took our cruise and they didn't do the vow renewal. We ended up in a cabin with another FAMILY (three people), so dh and I had little twin beds (like all in one room). It was so weird. It was the last morning of the cruise and they are trying to 'rush us off the ship' and I say HEY!!! I DIDN'T HAVE MY VOW RENEWAL!!! They wanted to do it right then and there, like come down to the lobby and we'll take care of it. We were in regular clothes and they had sheet cakes out that were already cut up! Someone was pushing us along towards this person who I guess would do our ceremony. All of a sudden, I was like NO, I don't ahve my dress on, I'm not ready (and then I remember that I didn't take ANY photos at all of the cruise, so not like me). They let us go back to our room to get ready and while I am trying to RUSH to get dressed, I decided NO, we are NOT doing this! I WANT A DO OVER!!!! And I wanted a REAL vow renewal and all the 'special' things that go along with being a DWFT bride!!! Then I woke up!

Boy, I can't take four plus months of this stress. No idea why this happened, but hope I don't ahve any more wacko dreams.

29apr00
04-24-2008, 09:43 AM
:lmao: sounds like normal wedding jitters! Are you getting cold feet?? :lmao:

I remember the dreams i was having before my wedding. they were horrible! I even talked to my dr about them. I kept dreaming DH was going to die! Like he would get eaten by ants, run over by a school bus, fall off a cliff, all kinds of crazy things. She said it was normal and they would stop after the wedding. :confused3 they did. :love:

pjstevens
04-24-2008, 09:55 AM
:lmao: sounds like normal wedding jitters! Are you getting cold feet?? :lmao:

I remember the dreams i was having before my wedding. they were horrible! I even talked to my dr about them. I kept dreaming DH was going to die! Like he would get eaten by ants, run over by a school bus, fall off a cliff, all kinds of crazy things. She said it was normal and they would stop after the wedding. :confused3 they did. :love:

I do keep having crazy thoughts, like oh my goodness, what if something happens to hubby, 'I wont' be able to renew my vows!!!! I sound so selfish there, sorry. I am so looking forward to this that I just fear something going wrong (prayerfully NOT).

chepic
04-24-2008, 11:48 AM
pj....just know that it will all be perfect, and go to sleep with a smile on your lips...disney won't let you down.

che

pjstevens
04-24-2008, 11:51 AM
pj....just know that it will all be perfect, and go to sleep with a smile on your lips...disney won't let you down.

che

Cheryl

Thanks so much. i knew that, but was so upset when i woke up, it was so NOT disney in my dream!!! i think i was on some 'other' cruiseline by mistake, lol.

keenercam
04-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Oh, sweetie, that is just awful! :hug: Dont' worry! Everything will be fine. Oh, and we can discuss it more in the morning, but I am so psyched about tomorrow night! :banana: :bride:

pjstevens
04-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Oh, sweetie, that is just awful! :hug: Dont' worry! Everything will be fine. Oh, and we can discuss it more in the morning, but I am so psyched about tomorrow night! :banana: :bride:

Cam,

You always make me feel better. I'll see you in the am!

pjstevens
04-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Well, I spent a lot of time thinking (dangerous some times), and I really want to wear something a little fancier for our vow renewal. I tried on few dresses this weekend and fell in love with one (I thought it looked good on me, which I dont' think most things do). My buddy, Cam said I looked 'sexy' in it. It was so fun trying on gowns. I did find one that I really really want to get. It's a bit more than I had thought I would ever spend (read a LOT more)! But today, I was searching online and found a very similar one for a fraction of the cost. Due to the fact that my hubby lurks here, I can't post a picture. If you'd like to see, please pm me and I'll send you a link.

29apr00
04-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Good luck searching for dresses!! It's crazy! I've got so many that i really like, and i just can't decide on a specific one! wanna go dress shopping together?? :lmao:

jennifer

pjstevens
04-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Good luck searching for dresses!! It's crazy! I've got so many that i really like, and i just can't decide on a specific one! wanna go dress shopping together?? :lmao:

jennifer

lol, Jennifer, if we lived a litter closer I'd love to go shopping with you. I can't even explain how wonderful it felt to dry on beautiful gowns!!! I didn't even feel like that the first time around. I have actually found several others I like that are more affordable, but they are online.

pjstevens
04-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Well, I've spent the past two days looking online and found several I like. I REALLY like the one from Friday but it's only in ivory and I want white. It's also more than I want to spend. I did find one very similar that's a little less, but I found several others I like also. I am thinking of posting a link but worried hubby might lurk around and sneek a peek.

29apr00
04-28-2008, 09:32 AM
I've only searched on line for some but founds quite a few I liked. I have no problem buying the dress online, but i would really like to see it first, so i think i will be heading out to bridal shops soon just to look and see whats out there before i buy. But i'm getting ansy and want to buy now! ;)

pjstevens
04-28-2008, 09:40 AM
I've only searched on line for some but founds quite a few I liked. I have no problem buying the dress online, but i would really like to see it first, so i think i will be heading out to bridal shops soon just to look and see whats out there before i buy. But i'm getting ansy and want to buy now! ;)

Oh, Jennifer, I know what you mean. I so wanted to buy something the other night, but knew I had to be reasonable and think about it. I am glad I at least went in and tried some different styles on. I would of never thougth I could wear some things that didnt look too bad (surprised for sure)! I am leaning towards getting one online from David's Bridal, just cause I tried some on there and have an idea for the fit and sizing. I'll let you knwo when I narrow it down.

pjstevens
04-28-2008, 04:00 PM
I got my bag today!!!! I was worried cause someone mentioned that they tried to apply for one and got a message that the special was over. But, I got mine today!!!

mymainmouse
04-29-2008, 03:27 PM
I got my bag today!!!! I was worried cause someone mentioned that they tried to apply for one and got a message that the special was over. But, I got mine today!!!

Yay!:cool1:

How's the dress shopping going?

chepic
04-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Well, I spent a lot of time thinking (dangerous some times), and I really want to wear something a little fancier for our vow renewal. I tried on few dresses this weekend and fell in love with one (I thought it looked good on me, which I dont' think most things do). My buddy, Cam said I looked 'sexy' in it. It was so fun trying on gowns. I did find one that I really really want to get. It's a bit more than I had thought I would ever spend (read a LOT more)! But today, I was searching online and found a very similar one for a fraction of the cost. Due to the fact that my hubby lurks here, I can't post a picture. If you'd like to see, please pm me and I'll send you a link.

What are you doing????? :rotfl:

I went to David's Bridals and got mine for $99.00....of course the alterations were double what I paid, but I was very happy!!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1703905&page=3

I hope I did that right?!?!?! It is just a reminder of what the gown looked like

Good luck

Cheryl

pjstevens
04-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Yay!:cool1:

How's the dress shopping going?

Well I have narrowed it down and if you want to pm me your email address I'll send you two links (one to David's and another online bridal shop).

pjstevens
04-29-2008, 10:01 PM
What are you doing????? :rotfl:

I went to David's Bridals and got mine for $99.00....of course the alterations were double what I paid, but I was very happy!!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1703905&page=3

I hope I did that right?!?!?! It is just a reminder of what the gown looked like

Good luck

Cheryl

Cheryl,

Your dress was amazing. I tried on one with the halter type top and was actually surprised how nice it looked on me. I have narrowed it down to two or three dresses, but I keep looking. I'll send you the link and see what you think.

chepic
04-30-2008, 07:52 AM
They are all beautiful!!!!! I absolutely love the Guenevier....I am such a romantic at heart and that is just stunning!!!!!! Good luck trying to decide. I am certain it will be difficult. Do you get to try them on???? I suppose that would make it a little easier.

Cheryl

pjstevens
04-30-2008, 08:46 AM
They are all beautiful!!!!! I absolutely love the Guenevier....I am such a romantic at heart and that is just stunning!!!!!! Good luck trying to decide. I am certain it will be difficult. Do you get to try them on???? I suppose that would make it a little easier.

Cheryl

Cheryl,

I love this one two, just not the price. It's more than I wanted to spend. Remember I got the first dress on my pj for $49. I just got an email about David's $99 sale coming up this weekend. I have no idea what they would have on sale (and is it just what's in the store)? Do I need to be there when the doors open? No idea here. The one I feel in love with I didn't include the link cause it is only in ivory and I really want white (and it's $550, so needless to say more than the other one). I want to be able to afford the photo package on the cruise and fun in disney afterwards, but I do want to make this something we'll always remember. btw, I was looking at your pics again yesterday, I LOVE your hair and am thinking of printing a photo for an idea. My hair right now is shorter (not short short, but above my shoulders). I can get most of it into a pony tail right now, but I did just get it cut a couple weeks ago. Did you have the flower for your hair, or did they do that on the ship?

chepic
04-30-2008, 12:43 PM
The $99 sale at David's was what was in stock at the time, and I just really lucked out. I tried on a few, and my thought was to do something really simple, and not a gown, but I figured I couldn't get a nice dress for less than $99, so I might as well just buy the gown.

As for my hair, the consierge made certain the appointment times were what I needed, along with my "matron of honor". I told her (Cathy) that we wanted flowers in our hair that matched the flowers in the bouquets, and they took a stem of orchids (has about 7-9 flowers per stem) and used them. I don't think I would worry about the length of your hair, they can put up just about anything today with the sheer amount of spray they use...:rotfl:

che

chepic
05-01-2008, 01:33 PM
I just added my scrapbook pictures to my TR....It is hard to see from them how nice the professional pictures came out, however, they are nice.

Cheryl

pjstevens
05-01-2008, 01:41 PM
I just added my scrapbook pictures to my TR....It is hard to see from them how nice the professional pictures came out, however, they are nice.

Cheryl

Cheryl,

thanks for loading those. I so want to have some great shots and am glad that they are professional photographers and they came out so well. I am almost down to four months!!!! I can't wait.

pjstevens
05-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Well I went to David's Bridal today for their $99 sale. Well the only thing on sale for $99 were the gowns originally $189 or under (I think). Same sale they've been running on that the gown I loved would only be $50 off. Not a big savings on the $550 price tag (plus it is not available in white). (Hubby told me he isn't lurking anymore, so I can post my info).

This is the one I really liked and it looked good on me.

This was my fav, but only available in ivory (and more than I want to spend) (http://davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3337&prodgroup=159)

This is the closest I could find and it's 'affordable'.

The dress I think I am going to buy (http://davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3653&prodgroup=159)

padisneyfour
05-03-2008, 02:37 PM
both are very pretty gowns and very similar, so if the one looked good and you liked then I am sure the other will as well. Best of luck with your choice.... was just checking in on everyones plans. take care:goodvibes

mymainmouse
05-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Patricia,

Both of those dresses are really pretty . I think the second one ( the cheaper one) had a very pretty back. Good luck making your choice. :goodvibes

Goldeelox9
05-05-2008, 12:01 PM
I really liked the back of the 2nd one too!

IndyBride
05-05-2008, 12:51 PM
The first one is gorgeaus! However, it doesn't seem like you are thrilled with either of them. You sound kinda disappointed that the first one is only available in ivory and the second isn't something you love. I say keep looking. Have you tried any online salons? bestbridalprices.com has some really great dresses. I actually price checked the one I got against the site to make sure it was an actual discount and that I couldn't find it cheaper. They have a TON of designers. And since David's copies a lot of other designers I'm sure you'll find something you like. Good luck finding your dream gown!

chepic
05-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Well I went to David's Bridal today for their $99 sale. Well the only thing on sale for $99 were the gowns originally $189 or under (I think). Same sale they've been running on that the gown I loved would only be $50 off. Not a big savings on the $550 price tag (plus it is not available in white). (Hubby told me he isn't lurking anymore, so I can post my info).

This is the one I really liked and it looked good on me.

This was my fav, but only available in ivory (and more than I want to spend) (http://davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3337&prodgroup=159)

This is the closest I could find and it's 'affordable'.

The dress I think I am going to buy (http://davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3653&prodgroup=159)

Well, you can always try to win the first one!!!!!

I am certain that you would look good in just about anything!!! Do you have any consignment stores near where you live? There is one near me that specializes in gowns, and alot of times they are the samples from the stores, so they were never worn.

cheryl

pjstevens
05-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Dresses and more dresses. Ok, since I don't have myself convinced that that dress is 'it' I am still looking. I stopped by a local shop yesterday and found something very pretty. Of course if you aren't a size 8 or so, it's hard to get an idea what it will look like on. I am looking a a couple online and probably going to try to stop at a shop this weekend. I have to make up my mind though cause we leave four months from today!!!!! I am getting so excited!

Goldeelox9
05-06-2008, 12:27 PM
You better hurry up lady! LOL....Good luck with the search! Keep us posted!

29apr00
05-06-2008, 01:46 PM
4 months!! You'd better get a move on it if you want to find a dress!! This is busy season for the bridal shops!

Good luck!

chepic
05-06-2008, 02:52 PM
:goodvibes :goodvibes :flower3: :goodvibes :goodvibes

Sending some vibes your way.....this will be the week you will find the dress of your dreams, in your size, in your color....I just know it.

cheryl

pjstevens
05-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Ok, Girls, I haven't ordered this (but am in the process)! I found this dress online today and fell in love!!!! It's within my budget and I think it's so pretty.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/pjstev222/9214.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/pjstev222/9214b.jpg

Lizby
05-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Ooooh, what a beautiful dress! It is elegant, yet still a little sexy. I love the detailing on it. :lovestruc It is perfect for a VR! How long will it take to arrive?

pjstevens
05-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Ooooh, what a beautiful dress! It is elegant, yet still a little sexy. I love the detailing on it. :lovestruc It is perfect for a VR! How long will it take to arrive?

I will be going to the bank tomorrow to put money in my account (that i've been 'hiding' to not spend). Then I will order it. It is a discontinued dress, so it should ship out very quickly. I can't wait. Everyone had said you would know when you found 'IT' and I really did! It just jumped out at me! I've never worn anything like this before (I never think of myself as sexy) but am working on getting more fit before our cruise and I think hubby will really like this dress!

padisneyfour
05-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Ok, Girls, I haven't ordered this (but am in the process)! I found this dress online today and fell in love!!!! It's within my budget and I think it's so pretty.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/pjstev222/9214.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/pjstev222/9214b.jpg

I really like the dress- it will be great on DCL VR-yeah for you! I have one of those bank accounts too!:goodvibes

keenercam
05-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Patty -- I am so happy that you found "the ONE". It is gorgeous and it will look stunning on you! Remember how loose your skirt was this morning? Just imagine how much more fit you will be by the time of the cruise! Now, don't get it altered too early! I am sure it will end up having to be taken in more over the next 2 or 3 months! I am so proud of you! :hug:

29apr00
05-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Wow beautiful dress!! You're so lucky!

I have an appt at David's bridal on thursday! :banana:

Goldeelox9
05-06-2008, 10:00 PM
What an Awesome Dress!

pjstevens
05-07-2008, 05:44 AM
Patty -- I am so happy that you found "the ONE". It is gorgeous and it will look stunning on you! Remember how loose your skirt was this morning? Just imagine how much more fit you will be by the time of the cruise! Now, don't get it altered too early! I am sure it will end up having to be taken in more over the next 2 or 3 months! I am so proud of you! :hug:

Cam,

You are so sweet! I love having you as a workout buddy. Hope you are feeling better and I'll see you tomorrow.

Wow beautiful dress!! You're so lucky!

I have an appt at David's bridal on thursday! :banana:

Thanks so much Jennifer. Good luck tomorrow at David's Bridal. They have some amazing dresses there!

What an Awesome Dress!

Thanks Lisa. :goodvibes

lov2b@disney
05-07-2008, 06:24 AM
The "one" is beautiful! :)

pjstevens
05-07-2008, 09:23 AM
The "one" is beautiful! :)

Thanks Sandy!

Goldeelox9
05-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Didn't you order a dress and shirt off of Ebay a few months ago?

pjstevens
05-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Didn't you order a dress and shirt off of Ebay a few months ago?\

Boy Lisa, you have a memory!!!! YES, indeed, I did order a dress and matching shirt. Then I got the bright idea that I wanted to wear a gown! So the search began, lol. Now I am going to order that one today and I'll have the other one for our photoshoot at GF (or Poly, heard that might be something offered soon).

Goldeelox9
05-07-2008, 12:10 PM
That is a good Idea, use it for your photoshoot! That will be great if they start doing them at the POly! I love it there!

pjstevens
05-07-2008, 12:12 PM
That is a good Idea, use it for your photoshoot! That will be great if they start doing them at the POly! I love it there!

Thanks Lisa,

since we have done the GF, I thought it would be awesome to do the Poly. Hey, congrats on the weight loss!! You are doing great. It is so hard, keep at it.

Goldeelox9
05-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks....It hasn't been hard yet, hopefully we can sstick to it and be skinny by the wedding....LOL Wishful thinking. :)

I think alot of family's who have done the GF shoot will want to try the POly! It is so tropical and pretty there!

29apr00
05-07-2008, 12:33 PM
I believe the photo shoot for Poly starts at the end of this month!

pjstevens
05-07-2008, 12:51 PM
I believe the photo shoot for Poly starts at the end of this month!

YEA!!!! Jennifer, thanks so much for that info. Of course I can't 'schedule' ours til August, but hopefully by then there will be some posts to see what they do.

mymainmouse
05-07-2008, 01:19 PM
That dress is absolutely beautiful! I love all of the beading on the skirt. It will be perfect for your VR.:thumbsup2

pjstevens
05-07-2008, 01:46 PM
That dress is absolutely beautiful! I love all of the beading on the skirt. It will be perfect for your VR.:thumbsup2

Thanks Kelly.

pink_tink8i8
05-07-2008, 02:07 PM
that's a very pretty dress, I love the halter with the open back. Just gorgeous

chepic
05-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Excellent....see I knew that good vibes and a little prayer would work wonders!!!!

cheryl

pjstevens
05-07-2008, 02:17 PM
that's a very pretty dress, I love the halter with the open back. Just gorgeous

Thanks Tink, I think it'll be beautiful.

pjstevens
05-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Excellent....see I knew that good vibes and a little prayer would work wonders!!!!

cheryl

Cheryl,

Thanks so much. I think your good vibes and prayers pushed me over the edge. I sat and LOOKED and LOOKED and BAM, I found that dress and just fell in love with it. I can't wait to get off work so I can go to the bank and go home and order my dress!!!!

pjstevens
05-07-2008, 03:44 PM
I ordered my dress!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I am so excited!!!! (can you tell).

chepic
05-08-2008, 10:31 AM
OOOOOO all of you lucky people going so soon...I can't wait to see pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheryl

29apr00
05-08-2008, 10:49 AM
YEAH!! How long will it take to come in??

keenercam
05-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Happy birthday, Patty! :cake: party:

pjstevens
05-08-2008, 11:31 AM
OOOOOO all of you lucky people going so soon...I can't wait to see pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheryl

Neither can I Cheryl (four months from today I'll be renewing my vows)!!!!!!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

pjstevens
05-08-2008, 11:35 AM
YEAH!! How long will it take to come in??

Got word this am that the dress is NOT available in the size I ordered. She (the owner of the company) is checking to see if they can get one special ordered in time. Only other suggestion was to check with my seamstress to see if getting the next size up would be capable of being altered. It's silk and hand sewn beading, so I am thinking if this one isn't available, it's back to the drawing board!!!! HELP!!!! I don't want to start again when I finally found something!

pjstevens
05-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Happy birthday, Patty! :cake: party:

Cam you are so sweet. Thanks for my card and gift today! You are such a special friend (and great workout buddy). Now take care of yourself and get better!

lov2b@disney
05-08-2008, 11:46 AM
sending much pixiedust: that all will work out with your dress!

pjstevens
05-08-2008, 11:48 AM
sending much pixiedust: that all will work out with your dress!

Thanks Sandy, praying they are able to get it. I never thought I would have that 'feeling' that others talk about, but when I saw that dress, I FELT it!!! I WANT THAT DRESS (sorry for the rant!!!!)

Thanks for the pixiedust, hoping it works.

29apr00
05-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Oh NO!! I hope something can be done quickly!

Goldeelox9
05-08-2008, 12:10 PM
I am sure a good seamstress can take it in! I will be throwing you some pixiedust:

xoxheather420oxo
05-12-2008, 04:06 PM
The $99 sale at David's was what was in stock at the time, and I just really lucked out. I tried on a few, and my thought was to do something really simple, and not a gown, but I figured I couldn't get a nice dress for less than $99, so I might as well just buy the gown.

As for my hair, the consierge made certain the appointment times were what I needed, along with my "matron of honor". I told her (Cathy) that we wanted flowers in our hair that matched the flowers in the bouquets, and they took a stem of orchids (has about 7-9 flowers per stem) and used them. I don't think I would worry about the length of your hair, they can put up just about anything today with the sheer amount of spray they use...:rotfl:

che

How much did they charge you for your hair??? I am getting married on the Disney Wonder the cruise leaves on August 24th and we get married on the 25th wooohooo 3 months and like 2 weeks i was just wondering how much hair costs for them to put it up in the planning package its not really clear.

IndyBride
05-12-2008, 04:50 PM
What's going on with the dress?? Have you found out if you can get it in time?

mymainmouse
05-12-2008, 08:53 PM
I hope all is going well with the dress. I bought my wedding dress 15 years ago( hard to believe we've been married that long :scared1: ) straight off the rack because it was discontinued therefore alot cheaper. It was 2 sizes too big and they were able to alter it to fit me. Sad thing is that the original size of the dress is what I would wear now.:laughing:

I am sure they will be able to alter it for you. When your all skinny from working out you'll need to get it altered anyhow.:thumbsup2

Oh, Happy Belated Birthday!

figmentfan814
05-12-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm sure that they'll be able to fix your dress without any problem. Three of my bridesmaids dresses were huge on them and they looked great after they were taken in :goodvibes

pjstevens
05-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Ok, I heard from the owner of the company and she said they were anticipating a shipment the end of July, but she encouraged me to keep looking for 'the' dress. If I find something else, just cancel my order. I am going to go looking this weekend. I inquried about one online and they said 10-12 weeks (I am at the 15 week mark and don't want to get much closer without finding THE one. I'll update after this weekend.

pjstevens
05-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Ok, I spent the weekend searching, looking, trying on and finally ended back at a place I had stopped by on a whim one day. This is my new ONE!!!! It's ordered, it's paid for and it will be in in time for our cruise!!!

The best I could do photo wise is this one from online. It's from Dessy - Sandals Destination gowns.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/pjstev222/1003-2.jpg

I stopped by the shop and 'tried' to take a photo with my phone to show you the back, but this is all I got (can't find a back photo online). It has double spagetti straps that criss cross in the back.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/pjstev222/1003back.jpg

Here is a closer look at the detail on the front.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/pjstev222/1003front.jpg

Goldeelox9
05-19-2008, 04:29 PM
It is my Favorite one so far!!! I LOVE IT! :cool1:

xoxheather420oxo
05-19-2008, 04:29 PM
That dress is gorgeous...I love it!!! If I was much skinnier I would definetly go for something like it....Yeah for you finding the perfect dress!!!

PrincessBride010103
05-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Its sooo pretty...what kind of bra do you wear with that style dress?

pjstevens
05-19-2008, 04:35 PM
It is my Favorite one so far!!! I LOVE IT! :cool1:

That dress is gorgeous...I love it!!! If I was much skinnier I would definetly go for something like it....Yeah for you finding the perfect dress!!!

Thanks Ladies,

I really really like it and hope when it comes in that it is too big and I have to get alterations done (as much as I don't want to have to do that, I want to get some more weight off)! I have a long ways to go to every be 'skinny' but I'm 40# lighter than I was two years ago and still slowy goign down. Hopefully with working out more, I someday will see some major improvements!

pjstevens
05-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Its sooo pretty...what kind of bra do you wear with that style dress?

My girlfriend who was recenly married in Hawaii told me that they sewed bra cups right into the dress. That's what I am going to look into (cause I can't go braless)!!!!!

xoxheather420oxo
05-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Yeah I know people who have done that. :)

chepic
05-19-2008, 05:25 PM
How much did they charge you for your hair??? I am getting married on the Disney Wonder the cruise leaves on August 24th and we get married on the 25th wooohooo 3 months and like 2 weeks i was just wondering how much hair costs for them to put it up in the planning package its not really clear.

I don't remember, I would have to check, but I would imagine it was around $50.00

che

silverangel879
05-19-2008, 05:38 PM
I ordered my sand today for our sand ceremony. I found an awesome site that has just about every imaginable color of sand and if they don't they can custom color it for you. I ordered a marine blue (dark blue) and an ivory, which looks like a light tan so they will do with our bedroom colors so we can display it when we get back!!! I also put another payment on our cruise this week (slowly paying this down)!!! yea!!!

Hi!
where did you get your sand? I've been looking around and can't find one that have both of my colors.

Thanks

29apr00
05-20-2008, 08:41 AM
Beautiful new dress!! I love the crisscross in the back!

Jennifer

lov2b@disney
05-20-2008, 08:45 AM
:goodvibes Beautiful new dress! Perfect !:goodvibes

padisneyfour
05-20-2008, 08:57 AM
That is a beautiful dress! congrats on finding it! WOW!:goodvibes

pjstevens
05-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Hi!
where did you get your sand? I've been looking around and can't find one that have both of my colors.

Thanks

It took some looking back through my paypal account to remember where I got this but I love the selection and their prices were great and shipment came quickly.

Sand Ceremony Sand (http://www.moonglowcandles.net/)

pjstevens
05-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Beautiful new dress!! I love the crisscross in the back!

Jennifer, thanks, that is one of the things I loved about it. Also that it's so lightweight for the hot Carribean sun is another thing!

:goodvibes Beautiful new dress! Perfect !:goodvibes

Thank so much.

That is a beautiful dress! congrats on finding it! WOW!:goodvibes

I am so tickled to have found the ONE this time and not be looking at any problems.

DisneyBrideToni
05-20-2008, 09:24 AM
I LOVEEEEE your dress!!! It will be perfect for your VR!! I wish I saw that one for my second reception. That would be perfect. I can't wait to see pictures of you wearing it. You will look fabulous!!!! :cool1:

DisneyFairy19
05-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Your dress is sooo beautiful... I Love it and perfect for your VR

pjstevens
05-20-2008, 10:29 AM
I LOVEEEEE your dress!!! It will be perfect for your VR!! I wish I saw that one for my second reception. That would be perfect. I can't wait to see pictures of you wearing it. You will look fabulous!!!! :cool1:

Your dress is sooo beautiful... I Love it and perfect for your VR

Toni and Christina,

Thank you so much. I think I am falling more in love with it each day I look at the photos. I am going to work really hard to lose some flab so it will look nice on me. I'll be sure to post some photos when I get it.

Toni, I love the dress you picked for your reception at home, I actually looked at that a couple times! Very soft and pretty. It's wonderful you can have two dresses! Can't wait to see photos.

Christina, loving your tr from your planning session. You are so cute. Can't wait to see more.

newyearsbride
05-20-2008, 10:48 AM
That dress is gorgeous! I love it!

Lynn5700
05-20-2008, 10:50 AM
the new dress is gorgeous!! It will be perfect!!!!

pjstevens
05-20-2008, 02:10 PM
That dress is gorgeous! I love it!

the new dress is gorgeous!! It will be perfect!!!!

Angela & Lynn,

Thanks to you both. I had looked at this line several times online but never could find any locations close by (and they seemed a little more than I wanted to spend). Couldn't believe I found this one while I wasn't looking for it. I really love it and can't wait til September! :goodvibes

mymainmouse
05-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Your dress is beautiful!

pjstevens
05-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Your dress is beautiful!

Thanks Kelly :goodvibes

chepic
05-20-2008, 03:21 PM
PJ.....very hot....very sexy....:goodvibes ...I am certain you will drive him crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl

pjstevens
05-20-2008, 04:02 PM
PJ.....very hot....very sexy....:goodvibes ...I am certain you will drive him crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl. When does your baby come home to the US???? It's got to be soon??? Oh, I borrowed your photo of your cake (shared it on the cruise wedding board).

chepic
05-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks Cheryl. When does your baby come home to the US???? It's got to be soon??? Oh, I borrowed your photo of your cake (shared it on the cruise wedding board).

I will be picking him up today at 8:00 at Logan...can't wait.

Feel free to do what ever you wish with my pictures....that's why I posted them, so others could see and share.

Cheryl

IndyBride
05-21-2008, 01:56 PM
That dress is beautiful! You are going to look so great. I'm glad it ended up working out for the best.

accountingbabe08
05-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Awesome dress!!!!! vavavavoom (sp) .

pjstevens
05-21-2008, 04:24 PM
That dress is beautiful! You are going to look so great. I'm glad it ended up working out for the best.

Awesome dress!!!!! vavavavoom (sp) .

Thanks Ladies!!! I seem to be more excited each day that I look at the photos!

pjstevens
05-23-2008, 10:50 AM
I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMOM!!!!! I finally got the go ahead that I can share my son and daughter in laws news that I've been dying to tell you all for the past month or so. It won't be til late December, but we are so excited. This is our first grandchild!!! Hubby and I are already talking about what we will get our grandbaby while we are on our cruise and in disney! :cool1:

PrincessBride010103
05-23-2008, 11:01 AM
I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMOM!!!!! I finally got the go ahead that I can share my son and daughter in laws news that I've been dying to tell you all for the past month or so. It won't be til late December, but we are so excited. This is our first grandchild!!! Hubby and I are already talking about what we will get our grandbaby while we are on our cruise and in disney! :cool1:

Congrats PJ!!!!!!!!!!
Yay for more Disney Babies!! :cheer2: :banana: :yay:

pjstevens
05-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Congrats PJ!!!!!!!!!!
Yay for more Disney Babies!! :cheer2: :banana: :yay:

Thanks Amanda, We are already thinking when will we take our grandbaby to Disney. Hubby is 'talking' about booking another cruise while we are on board (for all of us)! But right now that is a BIG thought! No idea how we would swing that, but I'd love to take our grandbaby (of course our son and dil too) on a cruise!

PrincessBride010103
05-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Thanks Amanda, We are already thinking when will we take our grandbaby to Disney. Hubby is 'talking' about booking another cruise while we are on board (for all of us)! But right now that is a BIG thought! No idea how we would swing that, but I'd love to take our grandbaby (of course our son and dil too) on a cruise!

My mom is talking about taking another Disney cruise with the baby too! We haven't been on one since 2006!

Goldeelox9
05-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Hey Amanda.....November 2nd is a great day to cruise....LOL

This is awesome news. I am so happy for you guys. Being a grandmom will be so much fun!

keenercam
05-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Patty -- THat is such wonderful news!! And I am so glad you have the go-ahead to share with all your closest friends! :laughing: Now, we'll all keep the little one and your DIL in our prayers. :)

pjstevens
05-23-2008, 11:21 AM
This is awesome news. I am so happy for you guys. Being a grandmom will be so much fun!

Thanks Lisa, I've been waiting patiently and was so surprised when they told us!!!

My mom is talking about taking another Disney cruise with the baby too! We haven't been on one since 2006!

Amanda, I can see how this could get us in trouble, lol. This baby will want for nothing, I am sure!

Patty -- THat is such wonderful news!! And I am so glad you have the go-ahead to share with all your closest friends! :laughing: Now, we'll all keep the little one and your DIL in our prayers. :)

Cam, my buddy, thanks so much. I am so glad I can 'tell the world'! You know I've been dying for a few weeks!!!! Missed you this am. (I was late, but got my run in!)

lov2b@disney
05-23-2008, 11:23 AM
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Congratulations! Great news!

29apr00
05-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Yeah Congratulations Grandma!! :thumbsup2

jennifaerie
05-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Patty, I finally read your whole planning journal. It's like reading in fast forward to watch all the details fall together in fifteen minutes instead of many months!

I had already made catcalls at you for the dress, so I'll spare you those. :rotfl:

Congratulations on the upcoming little-one-delivery! :) That's wonderful!

I also have loved reading, from start to finish, the story. If you had asked me a year ago about cruising, I would have jumped ship! :lmao: But now (after going on one in January), I completely understand, and what a wonderful way to celebrate twenty-five years!

:lovestruc

pjstevens
05-23-2008, 12:18 PM
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Congratulations! Great news!

Thank you Sandy! I am so excited (in case you can't tell).

Yeah Congratulations Grandma!! :thumbsup2

Thanks Jennifer. I never thought I'd be so excited to be a grandmom, but it sounds so wonderful!

Patty, I finally read your whole planning journal. It's like reading in fast forward to watch all the details fall together in fifteen minutes instead of many months!

I had already made catcalls at you for the dress, so I'll spare you those. :rotfl:

Congratulations on the upcoming little-one-delivery! :) That's wonderful!

I also have loved reading, from start to finish, the story. If you had asked me a year ago about cruising, I would have jumped ship! :lmao: But now (after going on one in January), I completely understand, and what a wonderful way to celebrate twenty-five years!

:lovestruc

Thanks Jenn for not 'catcalling' at my dress again, lol. I only hope I can pull it off (I've NEVER worn anything like that)! I understand reading start to finish in one sitting, you can really enjoy it and understand. I hate when I'm following along and the person has a real life that gets in the way, lol :lmao: Needless to say, it gives me something to look forward to the next time I'm on the dis (like in five minutes)!

Thanks again!

newyearsbride
05-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Congrats on the Grandbaby! That's wonderful news! :dance3:

pjstevens
05-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Congrats on the Grandbaby! That's wonderful news! :dance3:

Thanks Angela!!! :goodvibes

sungela
05-23-2008, 12:55 PM
As we say in my family, Mazel Tov! That is such great news!

Oh, and your dress is stunning. I want one...

pjstevens
05-23-2008, 02:15 PM
As we say in my family, Mazel Tov! That is such great news!

Oh, and your dress is stunning. I want one...

Thanks Sunny, I've been following along in your PJ and can't wait to see the final pics. It's getting so close and everything seems to be falling right into place. Love your tiara picture today!

pjstevens
05-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Ok, I ordered my dress (you all know that already). Now, what should I get for hubby to wear. He is not a suit kind of guy and in 90 degree tropical weather, not something I'd even ask him to wear. (He doesn't even own a suit). Initially, if you look back through my pj, he was going to wear a 'tropical' white wedding shirt that matched my dress. Well, we will wear these when we do our photoshoot (hopefully at the Poly), or else the GF. Now that I've bought a prettier dress, what should hubby wear. I was thinking just khaki's, but what type of shirt? Any suggestions? My dress is not white white, but it's ivory (but a very light ivory). I have picked the tropical flowers for my bouquet if that makes any sense. Just wondering now, what I need to get for him.

mymainmouse
05-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Patricia,

I don't know how formal you want your husband to dress but there is a style of shirt for men that is called a camp shirt. It is very similar to the cut of the original shirt you bought for him. It can come in a lot of fabrics including silk and rayon which may give it a more formal look but still be comfortable for him. One of the men on our cruise had a pale blue silk one on that matched his wife's more formal dress and they looked really nice together. So nice that my hubby (who doesn't normally notice those things) commented on liking the shirt and wanting one like it. It seems like it would be comfortable because it isn't supposed to be tucked in. A shirt like that in a creamy color to match you dress might be nice. Just an idea.:) Here is a link of the style I was talking about. Hopefully.:lmao:
http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=53006&CatID=53025&GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID=137426d&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CmCatId=53006|53007|53021|53025

pjstevens
05-27-2008, 05:42 AM
http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=53006&CatID=53025&GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID=137426d&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CmCatId=53006|53007|53021|53025

Kelly,

that's exactly what i was thinking, but not sure what it was called to look for (granted i haven't even been to the stores to look, lol).

Thanks so much!!!! :)

mymainmouse
05-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Patricia,
I didn't know what those shirts were called either until I was looking last night to tell you.:)
I am glad that helped.:goodvibes

pjstevens
05-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Kelly,

I've seen some photos of similar shirts for the cruise wedding and just didn't know how to search. I love to shop online, but looks like this will be an easy style to find even in the local store (just have to stop by, lol).

Thanks again. Now, I'm thinking, should I get him a dark shirt and lighter khakis? My dress is ivory, but it's so close to white that I think I need to get him a color that isn't close at all. I like that dark blue one and the black, heck, i like the green one also, :rotfl:

Oh, well, I'll have to go shopping (oh maybe I'll buy him his 'outfit' for Father's day, lol). I'll just tell him he can't wear it til September, lol. I am so bad!

chepic
05-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Patricia.....

:banana: :banana: :banana:

good news for you!!!!!! Congrats on being a soon to be grandma!!!

As for your husbanc's shirt, David wore the camp style shirt...it is a Tommy Bahama....a bit expensive, but he loves it. Very comfortable, and the style that we got has the flowers in the fabric and it is all one color, so they are barely noticable. He wore the blue shirt with the khaki suit....and afterwards only had on the shirt, and said he never felt warm...which is a miracle because he is a sweater.

Cheryl

mymainmouse
05-27-2008, 01:58 PM

Somehow I missed this very important piece of news. :confused3 Shame on me.:) Congratulations!!