PDA

View Full Version : Patricia & Dale - DFTW VR 9/9/08 TR starts pg 50 - Finally finished! :)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

keenercam
09-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Thank you, Patty! It was so much fun to see you over the weekend and to spend some time with you guys yesterday. Thanks for keeping me company!

pjstevens
09-15-2008, 09:08 PM
PATTY! You looked amazing and yur pictures were wonderful! What was the name of your photographer! I can not wait to see more pictures! Your flowers were sooo pretty too! YAY! :yay:

Lisa,

Our photographer was Josephine! She was absolutely wonderful!

WithDisneySpirit
09-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Wow, Patty!!! You and hubby are so photogenic too!! :lovestruc I loved the pictures! :worship: :goodvibes

pjstevens
09-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Wow, Patty!!! You and hubby are so photogenic too!! :lovestruc I loved the pictures! :worship: :goodvibes

Lisa, that is so sweet of you! I was so excited to get some pics of just us, it's always been the kids too and now that they are all older (and starting to go their own ways) it is nice to have pics of just us!

DisneyDmbNut
09-16-2008, 08:14 AM
dale is so sweet!!
My DH is very shy around people so I was surprised when Dale just started chatting with me..I am use to my DH who would have just stood there and smiled!! LOL

lov2b@disney
09-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Beautiful Patty! Your pictures are great! Lets hear all the details:thumbsup2

dstevens
09-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Ok folks, since i have posted once or twice :confused3 before the Vow Renewal i feel obligated to post one last time;) . I want to thank everybody that offered tips and comments to Patty. You helped make this a memorable and enjoyable Vow Renewal ( even though it would still be special in flip flops and cutoffs :hippie: ). Special shout outs go to Cam and Betsy for meeting you guys. I know Patty REALLY enjoyed that. Ofcourse so did i:yay: .

Lynn5700
09-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Here is a picture of Patty and I in EPCOT! She was so sweet!! I really wish we could have chatted or had lunch! DD is in the background!
http://i37.tinypic.com/52xj4w.jpg

Aww that is such a cute pic of you girls!!!!

Patty all your pictures are gorgeous!! you have beautiful eyes :goodvibes

chepic
09-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Ok folks, since i have posted once or twice :confused3 before the Vow Renewal i feel obligated to post one last time;) . I want to thank everybody that offered tips and comments to Patty. You helped make this a memorable and enjoyable Vow Renewal ( even though it would still be special in flip flops and cutoffs :hippie: ). Special shout outs go to Cam and Betsy for meeting you guys. I know Patty REALLY enjoyed that. Ofcourse so did i:yay: .

We even tried to spy on you and really be there, but you had to go inside ... :sad2:

Cheryl

pjstevens
09-16-2008, 05:07 PM
September 6th

I always have that nervous feeling before we fly and this morning was no different. I got up at 4:30 am to finish packing. Our son arrived to pick us up to drive us to the airport. We left just after 6:00 a.m. First stop was Dunkin Donuts! Can’t fly until we get our coffee! We live minutes from the airport (with no traffic). We were flying US Airways down to Florida. They now charge for every bag, but I bought our tickets before that increase, so we could each check one and carry on one. We had four bags (plus more ‘stuff’).

Just before we went through security I watched a US air employee tell a flyer that his bag was too big to be a carry on. I was using a friends bag as my carry on (it was a garment bag that folded into a carry-on on wheels). We quickly finished our coffee and got inline for security. My bags were going through when the gentleman scanning called out I need a check! Oh, great, this was after my bracelet set of the alarm, lol. I knew I did not have anything prohibited in my bag, so I was not concerned. A woman came over and asked me to follow her. She started to go through my bag and then it hit me what she was looking for. I had three bottles (empty) for our sand ceremony. They were wrapped carefully in bubble wrap and the scanner couldn’t tell if they had liquid in them or not.

Quickly we were on our way to the gate. I was amazed that we were actually close to our gate. Lately we had been the last gates in the terminal no matter when we flied, so this was nice. As we approached the gate, hubby asked if we needed to check in and I said no, we already had our boarding passes. He stopped at the counter anyway to make sure and sure enough there had been a change to our plane so they had to confirm we still had the same seats. Hubby asked how much it would cost to upgrade to 1st class. (It was $100 per person the day before online). The attendant at the counter told us ‘not that much, we’ll let you know'.

(our self portraits)
http://inlinethumb31.webshots.com/42654/2409284720074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2409284720074672119EeIdRM)

A short time later when more and more people had checked in, we were called to the counter where we were given first class tickets!!!! We have never flown first class! It was so spacious and comfy!

http://inlinethumb12.webshots.com/5323/2893272390074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2893272390074672119yfzEOX)

xoxheather420oxo
09-16-2008, 05:12 PM
More tell more lol!!!

pjstevens
09-16-2008, 05:19 PM
dale is so sweet!!
My DH is very shy around people so I was surprised when Dale just started chatting with me..I am use to my DH who would have just stood there and smiled!! LOL

Betsy, Dale loved meeting you too, as I told him so much about so many of my 'friends' I think he feels like he knows you too.

Beautiful Patty! Your pictures are great! Lets hear all the details:thumbsup2

Working on part one right now Sandy, thanks.

Can't agree more honey! It was absolutely amazing! Everything about our entire trip!

Aww that is such a cute pic of you girls!!!!

Patty all your pictures are gorgeous!! you have beautiful eyes :goodvibes

Lynn you are so sweet. Thank you so much.

We even tried to spy on you and really be there, but you had to go inside ... :sad2:

Cheryl

Cheryl, It would of been funny if we were outside and you guys got to watch. Makes me want to remember to try to check out that cam again on the next one we know.

Donald'sGirl
09-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Patty I love the start of your TR! I can't believe how good you look at 6 in the morning, I am so jealous! I can't wait to hear more!

IndyBride
09-16-2008, 07:13 PM
All the pictures are fabulous!!! Patty can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!

WithDisneySpirit
09-17-2008, 08:32 AM
How very lucky to get bumped to first class!! I have never sat first class either :goodvibes :lovestruc

pjstevens
09-17-2008, 08:40 AM
More tell more lol!!!

Heather, I promise more, but work (the real world) gets in the way, lol.

Patty I love the start of your TR! I can't believe how good you look at 6 in the morning, I am so jealous! I can't wait to hear more!
Laura, Thanks so much. I try to make sure I'm 'presentable' before 'seeing the world', lol. But you really should see me on days I run (or go to the y first, that's the REAL me, lol).

All the pictures are fabulous!!! Patty can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!

Thanks Val. I promise more coming!

How very lucky to get bumped to first class!! I have never sat first class either :goodvibes :lovestruc

Lisa, We have only 'walked through' first class, so it was so wonderful to actually get to sit there.

29apr00
09-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Great pictures! Congrats on the upgrade to First Class!! Way to go!

pjstevens
09-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Peeking into the cockpit before we took off.

http://inlinethumb05.webshots.com/42820/2934417920074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Before taking off, the pilot told us it would be a rough 45 minutes due to Hanna, but then it should be smooth flying to Orlando. We honestly only had about five minutes of turbulence (if that). We flew down the coast (where normally all we see is water, so it was nice to see land for a change). We landed and headed right to the luggage area. This was our first time years that we had to fetch out own luggage. But honestly, it did not take long. We were renting a car off property and had to catch a shuttle. We went outside to catch the ‘bus’ and we ended up being the only people on board and were taken right away to Thrifty. Because I signed Dale up as a ‘Blue Chip’ member for Thrifty, the driver called ahead and all our paperwork was ready when we arrived and in minutes we were in our car and on our way to the Port.
I took a photo, in case we couldn’t remember what our car looked like (or if there were multiple ones our license numbers).

http://inlinethumb44.webshots.com/5867/2473454950074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Now MONTHS and MONTHS of planning, at some point, I did do directions to the port, but, NOW, I had no idea where they were. Fortunately it is relatively a straight shot to the port. I had told Dale about Shirley (the Perfect Gift) and her posts about speeders and stuff, so we were paying attention to the speed limit and honestly we were on our way to our cruise, there was no need to speed. As we approached the port, it was there that I saw IT, in person for the first time in our life!!!! A DISNEY CRUISE SHIP…. Granted it was the Magic (had just docked from a special five day cruise before heading to dry dock), but it was really a Disney Ship!!!! Those mouse ears!!!! (not the best pic, but I was so excited).

http://inlinethumb07.webshots.com/41798/2883029510074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

It was to early to check into the Radisson so we knew we wanted to check out the Harley shop in Cocoa Beach, so that was our first stop. Had to get Dale is ‘traditional Harley shirt’. We also got our granddaughter a onesie that says ‘My Grandpa rides a Harley’

http://inlinethumb16.webshots.com/22671/2822057650074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

We also had to check out Ron Jon’s, not that we know any surfers, but just had to be able to say we went there, lol. We saw a shop called Izzy’s so I had to take a pic. Our grand daughter is going to be named Isabella, my son calls her Bella already, while our daughter, the soon to be aunt, calls her Izzy!

http://inlinethumb38.webshots.com/1893/2435980420074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

We had driven by The Perfect Gift (Shirley’s shop) and even stopped to say hi, but they were closed! So close, oh well, maybe next time.

We pulled into the Radisson around 2pm (I think check in was 3 though). Figured, we’d give it a shot and see if our room was ready. There were quite a few people standing around, waiting for their rooms, but when we checked in, our room was ready!!!! It was a very nice hotel, beautiful room and a great price! We got the $99 rate that included free parking (parking at the port is $15 a day!!!)

When we checked in I had a message that my ‘friend’ was in room so and so. They didn’t have a name for my friend though, lol!!! Once we got into our room and settled, I called ‘my friend’ and found out it was Corinna from our cruise meet. We met up with her and also Dawn and her boys at the pool. The pool at the Radisson is so beautiful! A waterfall in the middle.

http://inlinethumb38.webshots.com/18661/2940875490074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

We checked on the shuttle for the next morning (to the port) and found out that there was a spot left on the 10am shuttle. We were originally on the 10:30 one and all our dis friends were on the 10am one, so we were excited to be able to get on that one. As Dale would say we were ‘dusted’, more pixie dust!!!

Keira1387
09-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Great start! It's so exciting when you can see the Disney ship from the road! Can't wait to hear more!:surfweb:

keenercam
09-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Great installment, Patty!! Love the new siggie pic! :lovestruc

pjstevens
09-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Great installment, Patty!! Love the new siggie pic! :lovestruc

I need to figure out what's wrong, a tiny bit bigger and it cut off most of it, now it's super SMALL!!! i want it in between, lol.

dstevens
09-17-2008, 09:49 PM
delete

Summer-Caitlin
09-18-2008, 06:05 AM
YAY PATTY!!! I am so happy to read the beginning of your TR, already you have been sprinkled with Pixie Dust. WOW, you were upgraded to 1st class, I bet that must have been wonderful. I loved it in first class, but it kinda spoils you for your next flight, I don't know how I could fly long haul without it now, but I could never afford it otherwise. I would have been terrified if the pilot had said it was going to be a bumpy ride for 45 min :eek: Glad it wasn't too bad.

The Raddison looks beautiful, I always thought they had really nice rooms, glad you liked it.

Really love your sneak pic pictures, you looked wonderful, I can't wait to hear more already!

ktmetke
09-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi Patty,

Your vow renewal was awesome.......beautiful, romantic, and the cake was delicious......Thank you again for inviting me!!!!! I have a few pics to share on KodakGallery....or should I post them here?

pjstevens
09-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Hi Patty,

Your vow renewal was awesome.......beautiful, romantic, and the cake was delicious......Thank you again for inviting me!!!!! I have a few pics to share on KodakGallery....or should I post them here?

Hi Karen,

It was so great to meet you and Mike. Sorry we didnt' get to see you anymore once we got to Pop. Hope you had a great time for the remainder of your trip. You can post any pics here, but would you share the link with me so I can add them to my collection too. Thanks for taking some video and pics for me.

chepic
09-18-2008, 05:19 PM
:surfweb: Here we go. I am sitting back and waiting for the rest.

che

pjstevens
09-18-2008, 05:26 PM
:surfweb: Here we go. I am sitting back and waiting for the rest.

che

Ok, Cheryl, You left us hanging while you ran off to Russia to meet your new son, only kidding. It really is time consuming to 'write' it all down! I like to give details, hubby gives highlights. If you want the condensed version, stop by his TR (link in my siggie) I am posting there too (but just combining the entire day).

chepic
09-18-2008, 05:33 PM
I actually just clicked over there and read his reporting. He's quite animated!! I really feel that I am truely invested into all of the weddings that are going on, and it is so funny that I didn't know about this thread before I posted my TR on the cruise thread. It is probably a good thing..:rotfl: ..I would never get any work done. I am logged onto this more now that the time I devote to watching Days of Our Lives during lunch.

But truely, take your time, do it right, relish the memories, and post more pictures than Betsy!!! :lmao: only kidding Betsy

cheryl

Risnsun
09-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Patty, You looked beautiful! I hope you enjoyed yourself.

pjstevens
09-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Patty, You looked beautiful! I hope you enjoyed yourself.

Thanks Kendra! We had such an amazing time! I hated getting off the ship, but at least we had four more days at Disney before coming back to reality. Working on my next update (slow going though).

dstevens
09-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Ok people, i know i said i had posted my last post. But, i just had to add one more. I am going through "Post Disney Depression":sick: . I believe this to be a real illness and wish to start up a support group. It will be real simple. All you need to do is follow my advice and then send me some money for my advice. The advice is GO BACK! Again and again.:cool1: Now send me some money so i can go back.:lmao: Seriously folks, Patty and i could not afford this cruise but we really wanted it as a 25th anniversary / vow renewal trip. I knew as much as i was going to enjoy it Patty would enjoy it more. So i took on a part-time job and we scrapped and saved (credit cards) to pay for it. And you know what? It was worth it. The time we had together just reignited our love for each other. You can see the new spark in Pattys eyes. Her eyes and face in the pictures reflect a glow that was not quite there before. And she has kept that glow till this day. Meeting up with Dis-Board friends was an added bonus. Patty put in a million miles with her fingers and countless hours on the dis-boards to make everything as close to perfect as possible. It was successful. My real advice to anybody remotely thinking about a Disney cruise is to DO IT. Unless you absolutely can't afford it. I don't mean to go this year or next but with in a couple of years. If you can swing a part-time job to dedicate the money to a cruise, do it. You will not regret it. I think we have been re invigarated for another 25 years. I Love you Patty.

pjstevens
09-19-2008, 10:44 AM
I Love you Patty.

You made me cry (tears of joy). You are so sweet! I love you so much! And, honey, you can post here anytime you wish!

Donald'sGirl
09-19-2008, 10:51 AM
You made me cry too Dale!!! The two are of are such an inspiration for us couples getting ready to get married! I can only hope that I am as happy as you to are when I am in my 25th year of marriage! I wish you only continued happiness and love in your life! :love:

chepic
09-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Dale, you are starting to make our husbands look bad....although Dave makes me smile and someimes glow, he would not even know the first thing about getting on the Disboard and pledging his love for me here!!! ;)

cheryl

pjstevens
09-19-2008, 11:37 AM
You made me cry too Dale!!! The two are of are such an inspiration for us couples getting ready to get married! I can only hope that I am as happy as you to are when I am in my 25th year of marriage! I wish you only continued happiness and love in your life! :love:

Thanks Laura. An old neighbor (who we haven't seen in probably 10+ years) said we look more in love than we did back then).

pjstevens
09-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Dale, you are starting to make our husbands look bad....although Dave makes me smile and someimes glow, he would not even know the first thing about getting on the Disboard and pledging his love for me here!!! ;)

cheryl

Ok Cheryl, pass along Dave's email or phone number, I'll tell him what to do, lol!!! I worked for 10+ years in a small christian school. I was very close with a lot of the families. One of the moms would help with a lot of things at the school, so she had her own 'mailbox' in the office. Occasionally her hubby would leave little 'love notes' in her box. When I left, he 'forgot' that he was supposed to do that, so I emailed him a couple months later and 'reminded' him that he needed to leave his wife some notes.

KeenHo
09-19-2008, 03:49 PM
I heard that a husband here was making us other husbands look bad.... I take offense to that. :headache: I can do that on my own! :lmao: :laughing: :rolleyes:

Dale and Patti are a great couple. Congratulations on your renewed energy for the expression of love that you've felt for each other for years.

:hug:

Howard

pjstevens
09-19-2008, 04:07 PM
I heard that a husband here was making us other husbands look bad.... I take offense to that. :headache: I can do that on my own! :lmao: :laughing: :rolleyes:

Dale and Patti are a great couple. Congratulations on your renewed energy for the expression of love that you've felt for each other for years.

:hug:

Howard

Howard, you and Cam are both so sweet! I can't wait to hear all the details and see the pics in January!

pjstevens
09-19-2008, 07:25 PM
September 7th!!!! The day we board the Wonder!

We awoke early and went to McDonald’s for breakfast. We were now on the 10am shuttle, thanks to our being ‘dusted’ the night before. We got our suitcases and went to the lobby to check in with the shuttle.

Waiting for the shuttle (You'll notice the trend of 'self-portraits' here)

http://inlinethumb31.webshots.com/30558/2520855030074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2520855030074672119VIKFBR)

We were told to be there at least 15 minutes early but of course we were earlier than that. Dale had checked us in and when the shuttle ‘guy’ started to call names to load the shuttle, we were the second family called!!! WOOOHOOO!!! As Dale would say ‘dusted’!!!!

Riding on the shuttle (that’s Graham, of Corinna and Graham, right behind us)

http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/43523/2091696290074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2091696290074672119VQHKIR)

As we were arriving at the terminal we saw THIS!!!!! Our very first view of the Wonder (sorry taken through the shuttle window)

http://inlinethumb08.webshots.com/43335/2884445650074672119S500x500Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2884445650074672119YDCiMd)

When we got to the terminal, we quickly made our way though security and up the escalator. A nice gentleman who was working side by side with his wife of 50 some years greeted us! Wow, what pixie dust, to be able to spend your days greeting people to the most magical fleet. We were giving boarding group 2!!!! Yippee!

We then had to get in line to actually check in and get our KTTW cards. We were the first group in the ‘new people’ line. They had had some computer issues so they were not ready to check anyone in yet. They did a ‘test’ with one of the castaway club members (I think that’s what you are when you’ve sailed Disney before). It took a while and I heard the CM tell her that there had been a change to the itinerary. WHAT CHANGE??? I heard the woman ask about her excursions and she was told if she had booked them through Disney they would take care of everything, but if she made her own plans, she’d need to contact someone else. We waited a bit longer and it was finally time for us to actually get to check in.

The woman checking us in was pleasant (but not that Disney pleasant I LOVE). She didn’t even mention the change to the itinerary until Dale asked her about it, then she proceeded to give us a note from the Captain. HELLO???!!! You think we might want to know if there is a change, WE HAVE A WEDDING ON BOARD!!!! Don’t you all realize that! Ok, rant over, sorry. After we got our cards, it was time to check out the terminal, since it was WAY too early to board the ship.
Had to take the customary photo of the ship in the terminal! Really is amazing all the detail.

http://inlinethumb60.webshots.com/41979/2621761600074672119S200x200Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2621761600074672119vopgxw) http://inlinethumb43.webshots.com/42026/2128679280074672119S200x200Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2128679280074672119fyseWy)

We then got to meet our favorite mouse!!!!
http://inlinethumb05.webshots.com/29252/2133459430074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2133459430074672119gFCFuT)

http://inlinethumb28.webshots.com/43867/2943426160074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2943426160074672119YUhhvQ)

Up next (we board the ship and go EAT!!!)

WDBRDWLK
09-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi Patty- love your report so far...brings back memories for me! DCL is the Best and Only cruise line we will ever sail. The CM's are always so nice and go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect. BTW I love your grand-daughters name...Just wait until she is born, she will just melt your heart!

WithDisneySpirit
09-19-2008, 09:37 PM
What fun - I am lovin' your trip report! :goodvibes

pjstevens
09-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Dale has been saying for months that he’d do a ‘happy dance’ as we board the ship and sure enough he kept his word! :dancer: As we were ready to board, they ask your name and ‘announce us’ to the Cast members who are awaiting our arrival and clap for us!!! Wow, makes you feel like celebrities! :welcome:

We had decided we were going to Parrot Cay for lunch so we could enjoy a relaxing sit down meal (remember we had McD’s for breakfast, lol). We had boarded right on deck three, so we just had to walk down the hall to lunch. Most people were going up to deck nine for the Beach Blanket lunch and the Mickey pool. We had no little ones with us, so we took our time and enjoyed the meal. There was so much food. This is just part of the deserts available.

http://inlinethumb58.webshots.com/40377/2615114580074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2615114580074672119uyHeQW)

After lunch we wondered the ship. As we exited Parrot Cay, there were quite a few people waiting for the elevators, so we took the stairs (if you’ve been following along, I’ve been working out since mid March and running since late April, I was definitely more fit to take the stairs LOTS of times). We peeked into the Animator’s Pallet (which was not open for lunch this day).

http://inlinethumb24.webshots.com/40343/2084327660074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2084327660074672119yGhmRt)

We decided to ‘wonder’ the ship some more. We were on the fourth floor at this time and walked towards mid deck where you could look down and see families still boarding (being announced, just like we were)! This is the ‘chandelier?’ in the atrium.

http://inlinethumb09.webshots.com/43784/2012048530074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2012048530074672119nHBBFZ)

We then went up to deck nine (and ten) to walk around. Here is Goofy’s pool.

http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/42148/2838845300074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2838845300074672119xtnnLb)

And Mickey’s pool.

http://inlinethumb17.webshots.com/43984/2240353490074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2240353490074672119rQQckj)

It was then time to check out our room (the magical rope drop around 1:30!!!!). We have only ever been on one ship (and it was NOT pretty like this, we had a window, but that’s about it). Our cabin door (I never did get a photo of it all decorated!!! What’s wrong with me (guess we’ll have to go back so I can do it again).

http://inlinethumb08.webshots.com/42567/2642077370074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2642077370074672119WXHHbV)

We walked into our room and saw envelopes about our on board credits, a letter from our Wedding Coordinator, our personalized itinerary, celebration buttons and a congratulations card (with a certificate for a free photo)

http://inlinethumb55.webshots.com/39798/2605516770074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2605516770074672119WbKdsY)

Then we looked up, towards the door to our verandah…

http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/40477/2727752330074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2727752330074672119EEtyFJ)

coming up "What's a Rain Forest Room?"

WithDisneySpirit
09-20-2008, 01:49 PM
You saved for a first class trip, Patty!!! :goodvibes :lovestruc :goodvibes :thumbsup2

XmasPixie
09-20-2008, 02:21 PM
popcorn:: Yay! You are back and so much Pixie Dust so far. I love it. Looking forward to the rest of your report :yay:

Donald'sGirl
09-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Patty that room looks so nice! I am starting to think I am going to have to convince DF to do a cruise after our wedding for a family vacation. (The desserts did it for me! :lmao: )It looks so awesome!

Can't wait to hear more!

pjstevens
09-20-2008, 07:14 PM
We only had our little bit of carry on stuff, so we couldn’t unpack or anything so it was time to see more of our new ‘home’ for the next four nights. We were told we needed to check out the Rain Forest room so we took a little time to see the spa and fitness area. Here are a couple of pictures from the Rain Forest Room.

When you enter the room
http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/38839/2108135410074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2108135410074672119iHeonl)

The heated loungers
http://inlinethumb55.webshots.com/43190/2614152250074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2614152250074672119hExQOM)

We decided to get the pass to use the Rain Forest for the entire trip (it was $15 pp per day or $45 for the four days (one person) and $60 for a couple). Honestly we didn’t use it as much as we ‘should’ have but we really enjoyed it when we did. I would definitely do that again. We found out that our day at sea had changed and we had reserved an Exotic Rasul and wanted to have that on our sea day NOT on our Castaway Cay day (which it would have been with the change in itinerary).

We had a short meeting with our Wedding Planner to go over the details of our ceremony. She was able to change our Palo reservations to the night of our vow renewal. Our WP was Rufaro and I’ll tell you she was the sweetest person. She would do anything to accommodate us.

We stopped back in our room to prepare for the emergency drill (the customary photos in our BRIGHT orange life jackets, lol)

http://inlinethumb27.webshots.com/43418/2470208540074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2470208540074672119VBubGN)

After wards, it was time for the Sail Away party!!!!

http://inlinethumb60.webshots.com/41403/2950925610074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2950925610074672119qGIvcD)

Then we started to pull away from the port

http://inlinethumb39.webshots.com/40806/2528565420074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2528565420074672119MiJftM) http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/40529/2152354410074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2152354410074672119CtVyGN)

After returning to our rooms to drop off our life jackets, we had some of our luggage. I wanted to get our Fish Extender hung up. We sorted out some of our gifts and got ready for dinner. We headed up to meet our tablemates (which we had already met). We were linked with Monica and Warren and Dawn and her family. It was nice to get to know our new friends more.

http://inlinethumb46.webshots.com/39981/2037380760074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2037380760074672119CCmrPL)

After dinner we were treated to a cake for our anniversary.

http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/43375/2897291050074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2897291050074672119PIRCrq)

We ended up meeting up with Monica and Warren later on that evening and chatting until midnight! It was a very long day and morning would be here before we knew it.

mymainmouse
09-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Patty,

I am so glad you had such an amazing trip (at least it seems to be so far :) ). I am also glad that I haven't missed to much of it.:goodvibes I can't wait to read the next installment!:)

figmentfan814
09-20-2008, 11:03 PM
All the shots brought back some great memories. I sailed on the Wonder 5 years ago; I guess that means I'm due for another Disney cruise. Kris has never done a cruise, so I think he deserves one too!

Anyway, it looks like you were having a great time so far. It's great to hear all the little extra perks you received in honor of your VR.

pjstevens
09-21-2008, 06:52 AM
Patty,

I am so glad you had such an amazing trip (at least it seems to be so far :) ). I am also glad that I haven't missed to much of it.:goodvibes I can't wait to read the next installment!:)

Kelly, I hope you had an awesome trip! The weather was great while we were in Disney (only rained once and that was the evening). Are you going to do a TR this time? Keep me posted, I'd love to read it.

All the shots brought back some great memories. I sailed on the Wonder 5 years ago; I guess that means I'm due for another Disney cruise. Kris has never done a cruise, so I think he deserves one too!

Vanessa, I think you need to plan a cruise for you and Kris (how about that quickly approaching first anniversary, :goodvibes ) This was our first Disney cruise and I don't think we'll ever cruise somethign else

tiggerrifficheidi
09-21-2008, 07:00 AM
Patricia-You looked so beautiful and I am so glad y'all had such a good time! You definitely look happy!!

mymainmouse
09-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Kelly, I hope you had an awesome trip! The weather was great while we were in Disney (only rained once and that was the evening). Are you going to do a TR this time? Keep me posted, I'd love to read it.

Patty,
We had an awesome trip. The weather was great. It was kinda hot but that is to be expected. I think the only time it rained for us was on Sunday on our way back from Kennedy Space Center.
I haven't decided if I will do a report or not. It's nice way to relive what went on that week.
I love all of the pictures your are posting. You both look so happy and like your'e having a great time. I can't wait to read more of your report.:goodvibes

pjstevens
09-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Patricia-You looked so beautiful and I am so glad y'all had such a good time! You definitely look happy!!

Thanks so much Heidi! We had an amazing time. The ONLY thing that went wrong out entire trip was Dunkin Donuts (in the airport in Philly) messed up my coffee! And if that's the only thing I can complain about, WOW!

Patty,
We had an awesome trip. The weather was great. It was kinda hot but that is to be expected. I think the only time it rained for us was on Sunday on our way back from Kennedy Space Center.
I haven't decided if I will do a report or not. It's nice way to relive what went on that week.
I love all of the pictures your are posting. You both look so happy and like your'e having a great time. I can't wait to read more of your report.:goodvibes

Kelly, WRITE ONE!!! it's one way to keep the magic alive until you can go again! :)

Lynn5700
09-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Patty what an awesome TR so far!!! I love it!!!! The Rain Forest room looks sooo nice!! Did you have any spa services done? I had an hr pedicure done on the Wonder and OMG it was the best!!!

Can't wait for more :) Oh and did you love the sail away party?? I think it's so much fun :)

pjstevens
09-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Patty what an awesome TR so far!!! I love it!!!! The Rain Forest room looks sooo nice!! Did you have any spa services done? I had an hr pedicure done on the Wonder and OMG it was the best!!!

Can't wait for more :) Oh and did you love the sail away party?? I think it's so much fun :)

Lynn, I wanted to do the couples massage, but with all the other expenses, I booked the 'exotic' rasul (or as my hubby has been calling it the 'erotic' :rotfl: rasul, hope i don't get censured). I did have my hair done though and LOVED it. Of course I don't have any real pics of my hair though :sad1:

MiaBella05
09-21-2008, 07:23 PM
popcorn:: subscribing popcorn::

DisneyDmbNut
09-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Hijack!!

We did the couples Villa Spa with the hot tub out on the balcony..i wish I thought to bring my camera...it was AMAZING!!

dstevens
09-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Hmm, hot tub on the balcony? LALALA it's my turn to not listen. :lmao:

pjstevens
09-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Hijack!!

We did the couples Villa Spa with the hot tub out on the balcony..i wish I thought to bring my camera...it was AMAZING!!

Betsy, I saw Cheryl's pics of that and it LOOKED amazing! Maybe our NEXT cruise, lol.

Hmm, hot tub on the balcony? LALALA it's my turn to not listen. :lmao:

You are so funny honey! :lovestruc

pjstevens
09-21-2008, 08:46 PM
popcorn:: subscribing popcorn::

Sorry, had to edit all my photopass pics today so NO update today! I'll try to start on day three tomorrow! Thanks for joining us though.

pjstevens
09-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Sorry folks life's been busy. We are celebrating my grandfather's 100th birthday next month (3.5 weeks) and I wanted to make a photobook (like some of the gals have done for their weddings/engagements etc). So I've been scanning in all the OLD pics, like 50+ year old pics. I have a lot that I knew I couldn't take to Target to get scanned, like professional photos, so I just kept scanning. I am so tired at this point and got to get some sleep. I will REALLY try to get an update tomorrow.

chepic
09-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Ok Cheryl, pass along Dave's email or phone number, I'll tell him what to do, lol!!! I worked for 10+ years in a small christian school. I was very close with a lot of the families. One of the moms would help with a lot of things at the school, so she had her own 'mailbox' in the office. Occasionally her hubby would leave little 'love notes' in her box. When I left, he 'forgot' that he was supposed to do that, so I emailed him a couple months later and 'reminded' him that he needed to leave his wife some notes.

Patty, he doesn't have an email address....probably doesn't even know what it is..;) Poor man, I really do keep him in the stone ages.

che

pjstevens
09-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Patty, he doesn't have an email address....probably doesn't even know what it is..;) Poor man, I really do keep him in the stone ages.

che

Cheryl, that is so sad... bring that man up to speed!!!! :lmao:

dstevens
09-25-2008, 10:11 AM
I kind of like the "Stone age cave man" idea. Walk around with barely anything on dragging your women by the hair (barefoot) eating with your fingers and grunting.:lmao:

pjstevens
09-25-2008, 10:13 AM
I kind of like the "Stone age cave man" idea. Walk around with barely anything on dragging your women by the hair (barefoot) eating with your fingers and grunting.:lmao:

You are so bad!!!!! If we were in the stone age, there would be no DVC in our future!!!! :goodvibes Love ya honey. :cloud9: Have a good day!

29apr00
09-25-2008, 10:40 AM
I so want to do that Villa spa with the hot tub!! Sounds so wonderfully relaxing!

chepic
09-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Ugh....that's what I like to hear!!!! :lmao:

April, splurge if you can, it was great!!
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/chepicard/cruise/IMG_0340.jpg

Sorry to hijack your TR

che

pjstevens
09-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Ugh....that's what I like to hear!!!! :lmao:

April, splurge if you can, it was great!!

Sorry to hijack your TR

che

No hijack necessary. When we do another cruise (since we won't have the expense of a Vow Renewal) I think we will have to splurge on that too!

Risnsun
09-25-2008, 08:21 PM
That sounds so nice....

DisneyDmbNut
09-28-2008, 09:01 PM
that spa is the best!!!

pjstevens
09-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Well I did 'start' on the next installment of my TR, but as usual, I've hit a bump. Walgreens is offering 10cent prints, so I am trying desperately to get my photos on to the site to place an order.

In the meantime, I had to share some news (in case you didn't notice in my siggie)

We are in the processing of buying our first DVC 'home'. Animal Kindgom Villas will be our new home and we can't wait to get all of our paperwork (so of course I've spent a lot of time looking into all that too).

I do promise that I will get a post up tomorrow.

29apr00
09-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Congrats Patty!! So excited for you!! Yeah for DVC!!

mymainmouse
09-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Congratulations! :goodvibes That is so awesome! We ate at Boma on our vacation and I absolutely loved the resort and the food at Boma was delicious. It was soooo good. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.:laughing:

Disneygrl36
10-03-2008, 06:08 PM
ok 55 pages later of being very late to this party...........:party:
Congrats on 25 years of happiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and wishing you many, many more years of the same.
I have loved reading so far.
Now.........I am waiting to hear all about the vow renewal & the rest of the trip.
Your DH is a sweetie & has said the most heart warming things.

pjstevens
10-09-2008, 04:44 PM
ok 55 pages later of being very late to this party...........:party:
Congrats on 25 years of happiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and wishing you many, many more years of the same.
I have loved reading so far.
Now.........I am waiting to hear all about the vow renewal & the rest of the trip.
Your DH is a sweetie & has said the most heart warming things.

Thansk Melanie, welcome to the party!!! I am finally getting on with my TR!

Congratulations! :goodvibes That is so awesome! We ate at Boma on our vacation and I absolutely loved the resort and the food at Boma was delicious. It was soooo good. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.:laughing:

I can't wait to get to stay at AK!

Congrats Patty!! So excited for you!! Yeah for DVC!!

Thanks Jennifer!

chepic
10-09-2008, 05:05 PM
come on Patty, lets get writing!!!:surfweb: Not just surfing...:laughing:

che

pjstevens
10-09-2008, 05:28 PM
come on Patty, lets get writing!!!:surfweb: Not just surfing...:laughing:

che

Busted!!!! Ok, I was actually writing and am now posting a LONG awaited update!!!

pjstevens
10-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Sorry for the very long delay. I got all my photos printed and I uploaded 180 photos for my Grandfather’s 100th bday party book!!!! So NOW I can finally go on with my ‘show’!!!

Monday, September 8th!!!!

This was supposed to be our vow renewal day, from months of planning, I was told we would renew our vows on Nassau day, which was Monday on our schedule. Unfortunately due to Hanna and then Ike, there was a change to our schedule. Today was instead ‘a Day at Sea’! It was so beautiful to wake up to this!!! The sun rising outside our verandah.

http://inlinethumb32.webshots.com/40799/2975786140074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

I got up and got dressed to go run. My first run on a ship! I was so excited. (little background info here)… I drink a protein drink EVERY single morning, before I do anything, it’s my breakfast, but more importantly, it’s my main supplement before working out (running of the gym). I DID not take my protein drink with me (I use a magic bullet, so it’s creamy and yummy, crushed ice and cold milk!!!) I’ve taken all this to Disney before, but figured, oh we’ll be on a ship, so I won’t ‘need’ it. WRONG!!!! I should of brought my protein stuff. I have some eating issues at times and cannot eat much (or sometimes, I get sick after eating, like RIGHT after eating, so having my protein available, I know I can ‘fall back on that’ if I have a problem).

Ok, enough of that… I went out to the ‘secret deck 7’ (this is where our ceremony was to be held the next day). It was so beautiful out, watching the sky brighten, but it was already very humid. I honestly thought (guess maybe I really didn’t THINK) that it would be ‘cooler’ on the ship in the middle of the Atlantic (or wherever we were). Duh for me on that one.

http://inlinethumb61.webshots.com/42300/2619177870074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

So I decide to go run. There is an area on deck four where you can run around the entire ship…From one end through the very front or back? (room where the anchors were and all, so neat to get to see that)

http://inlinethumb34.webshots.com/10209/2144004400074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb36.webshots.com/14307/2869920770074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

around the other side and then across the back. It was an amazing feeling, to be running with the ocean right outside there. One lap around the ship is 1/3 miles. I only ran a mile and then walked a while, as it was so humid. It was also very windy. I had my visor on to try to keep the sun out of my eyes. As you run from the engine room, UP a ramp towards the ‘outside’ again, you are in a wind tunnel and running AGAINST the wind! It was so strong. I had to actually carry my visor it was bad. But after a little more than a mile, I was drenched and decided I need to go get some REAL food. So back to the cabin to shower and get ready for our day.

Dale had already gone up to have breakfast, but he ‘sacrificed’ himself and went back up with me. We went to Beach Blanket where there was a buffet. At this point, I am just sick from not eating at all yet. Boy do I wish I had my protein then, oh well… I found a couple things I’d eat and we went and sat outside (we were having brunch in a few hours anyway). Boy was that nice. Sitting up, watching the world go by, enjoying our breakfast in the beautiful sunshine.

After our ‘hold me over’ till brunch, we walked around the ship a little before it was time to go get ready for our ‘Champaign Brunch at Palo’s’! This is the ‘cast member’ pool/deck area. If you look closely you will see the anchor at the front of the ship and realize just how BIG that is!!!

http://inlinethumb36.webshots.com/24995/2482734260074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Also this hidden Mickey…

http://inlinethumb33.webshots.com/42656/2741621630074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

We arrived at Palo a few minutes before our brunch partners, so another of our ‘self portraits’ lol!

http://inlinethumb32.webshots.com/37855/2468188440074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We were joined shortly by our new friends and quickly seated by the window, unfortunately, we were in a booth, so we really couldn’t enjoy the view of the ocean, but we sure could enjoy the view of the FOOD!!!! We had a wonderful server, Zoran! He was so sweet and helpful!

http://inlinethumb32.webshots.com/33759/2525440980074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Our little ‘party’ LOOK at all the food on our table. Zoran even brought chicken parmesan (see in the middle of the table) for us to try. We were ‘sharing’ different things to see what lots of stuff tasted like. It really was a great chance to try things I would of never ordered due to fear of not liking them

http://inlinethumb20.webshots.com/44115/2903695000074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Dale had decided that he wanted to go try some other things (there was sooo much food) so he got up and Zoran ‘yelled’ at him that it was HIS job to bring him what he wanted! (jokingly of course), so he let Dale go up with him to pick out what he wanted, lol.

http://inlinethumb39.webshots.com/43302/2785922470074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

I want to thank our new friends for treating us to brunch as a gift for our anniversary. This was such a sweet surprise!

I promise, I will finish up this day before the weekend, no more long waiting for words and pics… I will be back.

Disneygrl36
10-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Ahhhhhh Palo brunch. Such a wonderful thing. :cloud9:

mymainmouse
10-09-2008, 09:59 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but is Palo a buffet for brunch or a served meal?

Have you gotten your DVC papers yet? How soon can you use your points after you become a member? It would be so cool to be a member. I am so excited for you guys.:cool1:

pjstevens
10-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Ahhhhhh Palo brunch. Such a wonderful thing. :cloud9:

Melanie, it was so yummy!!!

This is probably a stupid question, but is Palo a buffet for brunch or a served meal?

Have you gotten your DVC papers yet? How soon can you use your points after you become a member? It would be so cool to be a member. I am so excited for you guys.:cool1:

Kelly, no stupid question... it was part buffet and part served, lol, so see nothing stupid.

We GOT our DVC papers, we signed them, we fed exed them and TODAY we made our first reservation as DVC members!!!! We will be going to SSR in May for my birthday.

pjstevens
10-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Well once again, I disappoint. I don’t know where the time goes, but I am finally doing another update…

Still on Monday, September 8th Sea Day (still, lol).

This will be an easy (short) update. I finished the last segment with our wonderful champagne brunch at Palo with our friends.

Dale and I had a spa appointment for the Exotic Rasul! If you do not know what this is, just search the cruiseboard and you will find all about this 'exotic' experience. Dale called this the 'erotic rasul' all week.

This what you see when you walk into the room. Very pretty and romantic.

http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/29789/2584090140074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

There is a small table with massage oils, lotions, and scrubs that you can use to enhance your experience. There is a shower to your left to rinse off in and a steam room to the right.

http://inlinethumb31.webshots.com/23774/2093491130074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

This is the steam room. There are three bench units. Each unit has side showerheads, an overhead showerhead and a water hose. There is a faucet console in the middle. It gets so hot in the steam room that you have to actually leave the cold water running in one of the hoses.

http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/40036/2954617730074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

The staff will ‘knock’ on the door when there are 10 minutes left with your time. This alone time was amazing and like nothing we’d ever experienced. This is a definite do again when we go on another Disney Cruise!!!!

Later on that afternoon, we met up with Monica to play some Bingo. Poor Dale, I was the one trying to keep track of all the numbers and must have poked a number that hadn’t been called. I made hubby jump up and yell BINGO and we didn’t really have a bingo. I felt so bad.

http://inlinethumb05.webshots.com/18820/2048444010074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

After our very relaxing afternoon, we had dinner at the Animator’s Palate.

http://inlinethumb44.webshots.com/44331/2912526960074672119S600x600Q85.jpg

After dinner, we walked around the ship.

http://inlinethumb52.webshots.com/43251/2765690520074672119S600x600Q85.jpg

We then headed to the Walt Disney Theatre to see the Toy Story Show. Once we sat down, oh my goodness, I was so tired, I couldn’t keep my eyes open. So after a few minutes (before the show started) we got up and left. As we walked back towards our room, I noticed one of the tv screens that have info on them. It said the sea was VERY ROUGH with waves 13-20 feet!!!! WOW we didn’t even feet it. When we returned to our room we met this little guy.

http://inlinethumb47.webshots.com/40686/2995203510074672119S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2995203510074672119FSQycD)

We called it a night cause tomorrow is our BIG day!!!!! I did wake up around 3am and the ship was rocking so much I had trouble standing up! I looked outside (it’s pretty dark at 3am, lol) and turned on the tv to see how the waves were since we were really moving. I was actually surprised that they were still rough, but only 8-13 feet high.

Up next Nassau and then our Vow Renewal!!!

jennifaerie
10-15-2008, 08:37 PM
I remember seeing Exotic Rasul listed on a few listservs, but this was the first time I was interested to know what it was! Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Oh no, Patty, you were a bongo? Or, I guess, that's not a bongo. I'm a big fan of those cards. It's way too easy to make a boo boo. Who was your bingo "moderator"?

You are really making me (more) excited about our cruise in January. I feel like I'm living vicariously through you until then.

Can't wait to hear about "tomorrow"!

pjstevens
10-15-2008, 08:52 PM
I remember seeing Exotic Rasul listed on a few listservs, but this was the first time I was interested to know what it was! Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Oh no, Patty, you were a bongo? Or, I guess, that's not a bongo. I'm a big fan of those cards. It's way too easy to make a boo boo. Who was your bingo "moderator"?

You are really making me (more) excited about our cruise in January. I feel like I'm living vicariously through you until then.

Can't wait to hear about "tomorrow"!

Jennifer, You will have an amazing time on your cruise. And you are doing just what I did for months leading up to our vow renewal! Your photos came out amazing and I can't wait to go back and read more (and I'm sure you'll make me cry some more).

mymainmouse
10-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Kelly, no stupid question... it was part buffet and part served, lol, so see nothing stupid.

We GOT our DVC papers, we signed them, we fed exed them and TODAY we made our first reservation as DVC members!!!! We will be going to SSR in May for my birthday.

I was just wondering about Palo. It looks like it would be delicious.:)

How exciting! :yay: Another trip in May will be so awesome. My birthday is in May as well. I wonder if I could talk my DH into a trip for my birthday? :laughing: Probably not.:sad2: :) I do think I have him talked into going to WDW again in Sept. so I can't really complain.
I hope you do a trip report for that trip as well. I would love to see some pictures for that resort.
Your cruise pictures are so nice. The only good picture we had on our cruise was of us with a girl pirate. She was nice but I didn't really want a picture of me and DH with somebody I didn't know.:laughing:

pjstevens
10-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Your cruise pictures are so nice. The only good picture we had on our cruise was of us with a girl pirate. She was nice but I didn't really want a picture of me and DH with somebody I didn't know.:laughing:

Kelly,

I'll tell you, I was very pleased with our photos. So many years I tend to 'hide' and not be in the photo (I shoot most of them), but guess it wouldn't be a very romantic trip if I wasn't in the pic with Dale, lol. I really thought they came out good.

Hubby decided we needed to go in May since I can get in free for my birthday. We'll just pay for him that day and then enjoy the resort and maybe visit some other resorts.

mymainmouse
10-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Kelly,

I'll tell you, I was very pleased with our photos. So many years I tend to 'hide' and not be in the photo (I shoot most of them), but guess it wouldn't be a very romantic trip if I wasn't in the pic with Dale, lol. I really thought they came out good.

Hubby decided we needed to go in May since I can get in free for my birthday. We'll just pay for him that day and then enjoy the resort and maybe visit some other resorts.

I totally understand that. I was ordering our pictures from Sept. and had to order some that my Mom had taken just to prove that I was actually on the vacation with my family.:laughing:

Hey... I forgot about the free birthday ticket. DH can't pass up a free ticket or discount on anything. Maybe I can use that as one of my pro Disney trip points.:rotfl:

jennifaerie
10-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Patty, I'll try not to make you cry too much!

pjstevens
10-19-2008, 07:32 PM
September 9th, THE DAY!!!!!

Ok, this is so NOT related to my TR, but we made our first DVC reservation!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! We are going ‘HOME’ in May for my bday! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Ok, sorry for the slight interruption there…. Back to the regularly scheduled show

After a rough night (remember the BIG waves during the night), we had room service delivered with some coffee, juice, pastry, what not, I really don’t remember as I’m not a FOOD person in the morning. I would have been happier with my protein drink. Oh, well, live and learn.

Another beautiful sunrise!
http://inlinethumb47.webshots.com/32750/2849076320074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

A view of Atlantis as we were getting close to Nassau.

http://inlinethumb24.webshots.com/43031/2015129570074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

I loved this little lighthouse. I was so cute and tiny (at least it appeared that way from a distance), but as we got closer, I realized it wasn’t so tiny, lol.

http://inlinethumb16.webshots.com/43983/2547603550074672119S200x200Q85.jpg http://inlinethumb53.webshots.com/41396/2082375290074672119S200x200Q85.jpg http://inlinethumb23.webshots.com/40662/2891742430074672119S200x200Q85.jpg

It really wasn’t as small as I thought; it’s a couple stories high.

http://inlinethumb57.webshots.com/41144/2252701020074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Our friend Dawn who was watching as we docked in Nassau. Her boys were watching, but I guess they ducked before I got the picture.

http://inlinethumb12.webshots.com/1227/2633973610074672119S500x500Q85.jpg[

Our official Nassau photo!!!

http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/17281/2572403200074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We had heard some not to good things about Nassau, so we had our designated things we wanted to do. There were a few stops that had been planned and then it was back to the ship.

After disembarking, we had to go through the terminal where we were inundated with offers to braid our hair, rent a scooter, take a tour, and what not. It was scary as we hadn't even gotten outside into the REAL world. We kept telling the natives 'No thank you'.

We had to go to the Harley shop to get Dale is his traditional Harley shirt. Then it was off to Hard Rock to get my Dad his birthday present (a Hard Rock shirt).

http://inlinethumb01.webshots.com/11008/2064575120074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

We walked by the Parliament buildings and had to take a photo of these two policemen.

http://inlinethumb43.webshots.com/42282/2569707870074672119S425x425Q85.jpg http://inlinethumb06.webshots.com/43141/2658456130074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

It was then time to head back to the ship to have lunch and get ready for our vow renewal.

http://inlinethumb64.webshots.com/38783/2970508820074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Donald'sGirl
10-19-2008, 08:04 PM
:surfweb: More More...I want details of the ceremony!!!!! JK love the update!! That lighthouse is so cute!

mymainmouse
10-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Great update! I love the pictures of Nassau. We found that the best way to deal with the locals in Nassau was to not make any eye contact. :thumbsup2 I tried the polite way of saying no and they just kept bothering me. I guess I didn't sound serious enough.:)

Can't wait for the next installment, although I have been kinda cheating and reading ahead in Dale's trip report. :laughing:

pjstevens
10-20-2008, 09:26 PM
I forgot to mention before we went on to Nassau, Rufaro our Wedding Planner called. She said the captain thought the ceremony would need to be held inside. There were excessive winds (don’t recall what she said) but she did say we could wait until 2pm to decide what we were going to do.

We got back to the ship and had to wait FOREVER to board!!! Come on don’t these people realize I AM GETTING MARRIED IN A FEW HOURS!!!! They were letting a ton of late sleepers off the ship (it was probably around 11:30 or so then, maybe earlier). So after waiting patiently, we were finally allowed to board the ship.

We took our purchases to our cabin and then went to Beach Blanket (I think) for lunch. We sat our on the deck and watched as the cleaned the ‘Secret Deck’ for our vow renewal.

http://inlinethumb57.webshots.com/42680/2278151690074672119S425x425Q85.jpg http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/43649/2239063250074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

We watched the flag whipping in the wind. I actually set my camera to take the quick succession of pics, not sure if this gives you an idea or not.

http://thumb19.webshots.net/t/69/669/3/78/91/2072378910074672119BUjmTy_th.jpg http://thumb19.webshots.net/t/73/73/7/96/13/2929796130074672119MADqws_th.jpg http://thumb19.webshots.net/t/55/755/4/39/26/2695439260074672119YPeABh_th.jpg http://thumb19.webshots.net/t/72/72/2/51/76/2843251760074672119hQizhF_th.jpg http://thumb19.webshots.net/t/73/73/3/2/24/2792302240074672119FqWcjg_th.jpg

At this time Dale and I stood there and realized that there was NO way we’d be having our much-anticipated ceremony on Deck 7. I so wanted the pretty white ribbons that I saw on Betsy’s thread. But it was time to be an adult and do what was best. In the end, I am so glad we had our ceremony inside, as it was SO HOT AND HUMID and WINDY. It even rained a little during a ceremony (the deck was wet when we went to take photos).

So we head back to our cabin and Rufaro calls to see if I am in. She is on her way up to take me out to deck 7 to see what I think. I was so happy that they even let me have a say. It was very windy when we went out, so we made the official decision. At that time, Rufaro was going to print revised invites to the few friends we had met on the DIS who were going to share in our special day.

I went up to the SPA for my hair appointment. I’ve never gotten my hair done! I get it cut a few times a year, but I went to school to do hair, so I colored my own hair and permed my own hair for YEARS. Just a few years ago, I stopped coloring it and I love that it’s so healthy now. I am sorry but I do not remember the girl who did my hair but she did a beautiful job. I paid way too much money for a sparkling barrette that I may never wear again, but it looked so nice. Of course all the photos, and I don’t think there is one of the back of my hair. Oh well. Trust me, it looked really pretty. So after my hair was all done up, I headed back to the room and waited for Dale to get ready and leave. I told him to go find somewhere cool to hang out until it was time for our Vow Renewal. Shortly thereafter, my friend Dawn arrived to help me make sure I was all zipped up ok and not falling out anywhere. Lol.

Dale proceeded to the Cadillac Lounge where our ceremony was going to be held. Two other friends we met online were there to share in our very special day. Karen (our other photographer) and Corinna our friend from ‘across the pond’. Karen took some shots with my camera and with hers.

This was how the set up the Lounge (so it didn’t look so much like a lounge).

Our cake table and certificate from Disney Fairy Tale Weddings.

http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/41666/2484081520074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Where the ceremony will be held.

http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/4410/2174064930074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Our Sand Ceremony (before the ceremony).

http://inlinethumb08.webshots.com/35911/2214383830074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

I asked Rufaro to make sure that Dale’s flower was on right. She is such a sweetheart.

http://inlinethumb07.webshots.com/38470/2553359470074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

It was finally time to meet my hubby. He hadn’t seen my gown at all, so I had to stay hidden until it was time. I don’t have any shots of me walking down the aisle (the photographer took plenty, but we could only pick 25, and there were others I liked better). When I got to the front, Dale told me how pretty I looked and then he had to smell my flowers.

http://inlinethumb60.webshots.com/41659/2475151460074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

During the ceremony…

http://inlinethumb54.webshots.com/42677/2236686610074672119S425x425Q85.jpg http://inlinethumb27.webshots.com/32154/2704576890074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

During our vows, Dale got choked up. I was so touched and couldn’t believe how much he loved me. I know, 25 years I should know this but when your husband is telling you how he’ll love you forever, just melted my heart all over again.

The KISS… (oh look, you can see my hair, lol).

http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/44289/2012293950074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Up next, our sand ceremony, the cake cutting, the toast, our first dance and then LOTS of photos around the ship!!!! (and I promise not to take long).

hlrababy
10-20-2008, 10:08 PM
AWww, how beautiful!!!!

keenercam
10-21-2008, 06:38 AM
Oh, Patty, that is such a wonderful installment! How gorgeous you looked! I know Dale was dazzled - he told me so himself! Everything looked so pretty wtih the flower petals on the floor. :cloud9: How sweet that Dale got choked up during the ceremony. :faint: ACKK!! I am getting all teary again! I am so happy that you had such a beautiful ceremony, sweetie. :hug:

jennifaerie
10-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Beautiful, Patty!

I love the two separate pictures of the two of you, next to each other. It was like watching an episode of 24! :rotfl:

It's so sweet that they let you decide, rather than just saying, No, you have to go inside. It's also nice how they had an alternate plan and made everything look lovely inside.

WithDisneySpirit
10-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Just think, those pretty petals would never have been present outside! I loved the setting they provided :lovestruc Y'all looked great - love the barrette :lovestruc

figmentfan814
10-21-2008, 10:33 AM
I was so far behind and just got caught up. That was so nice of your new friends to treat you to brunch at Palo's. We have done dinner there before and I absolutely loved their food!

I agree about Nassau it really wasn't that nice. We also had a stop in Freeport (I don't think that's part of the itinerary anymore) which I liked a little more. Of course, I had been to Jamaica before my Disney cruise, so I kept comparing the islands in the Bahamas to it.

I think the setup inside turned out great. I agree it would have probably been miserable in the wind and rain. The setup came out great. Do you have a closeup of the certificate from DFTW?

pjstevens
10-21-2008, 10:56 AM
AWww, how beautiful!!!!

Thanks Heather.

Oh, Patty, that is such a wonderful installment! How gorgeous you looked! I know Dale was dazzled - he told me so himself! Everything looked so pretty wtih the flower petals on the floor. :cloud9: How sweet that Dale got choked up during the ceremony. :faint: ACKK!! I am getting all teary again! I am so happy that you had such a beautiful ceremony, sweetie. :hug:

Cam, my dear sweet friend. Thank you for being there through all this. And to get to share my photos with you right after our cruise was so awesome. I too cry when I read about hubby getting choked up (and I know your hubby is going to :faint: when he sees you that day!)

Beautiful, Patty!

I love the two separate pictures of the two of you, next to each other. It was like watching an episode of 24! :rotfl:

It's so sweet that they let you decide, rather than just saying, No, you have to go inside. It's also nice how they had an alternate plan and made everything look lovely inside.

Yea, I am glad I had a say in it, and wonder what would of happened had I insisted on the outside (would of been pretty crappy photos there, lol). I too love those photos of us separately. Just the look of them.

Just think, those pretty petals would never have been present outside! I loved the setting they provided :lovestruc Y'all looked great - love the barrette :lovestruc

Lisa, thanks, I didn't think I had any photos you could see my VERY EXPENSIVE barrette, lol. It's very pretty and maybe some day I'll do something with it.

I was so far behind and just got caught up. That was so nice of your new friends to treat you to brunch at Palo's. We have done dinner there before and I absolutely loved their food!

I agree about Nassau it really wasn't that nice. We also had a stop in Freeport (I don't think that's part of the itinerary anymore) which I liked a little more. Of course, I had been to Jamaica before my Disney cruise, so I kept comparing the islands in the Bahamas to it.

I think the setup inside turned out great. I agree it would have probably been miserable in the wind and rain. The setup came out great. Do you have a closeup of the certificate from DFTW?

Vanessa, thanks for sticking around in my very slow process here. I do have a closer photo (and I am sure I can scan it in). I'll have to look when I get home (see I'm at work and shouldn't be dis-ing, but it's so hard to stay off).

chepic
10-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Coming along nicely!!! I loved the little awning thing they made for you....very romantic and weddingish. We were just out in the open.

cheryl

LISA, why aren't you printing any of your pictures in our POTD for weddings/vowrenewals???

che

29apr00
10-21-2008, 01:04 PM
This what you see when you walk into the room. Very pretty and romantic.

http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/29789/2584090140074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

There is a small table with massage oils, lotions, and scrubs that you can use to enhance your experience. There is a shower to your left to rinse off in and a steam room to the right.

http://inlinethumb31.webshots.com/23774/2093491130074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

This is the steam room. There are three bench units. Each unit has side showerheads, an overhead showerhead and a water hose. There is a faucet console in the middle. It gets so hot in the steam room that you have to actually leave the cold water running in one of the hoses.

http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/40036/2954617730074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

:lmao: Patty - so i was telling Dh about the exotic rasual, and how much i was looking forward to this relaxing alone time together. :cloud9: He just wasn't getting the feel for it, so i showed him your pictures.

"Why would i want to be locked in a room full of urinals with you?"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

the romance is just lost on him. :confused3

pjstevens
10-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Coming along nicely!!! I loved the little awning thing they made for you....very romantic and weddingish. We were just out in the open.

cheryl

Cheryl,

When they told me it would probably have to be inside, all I could think of was that ugly caddie sticking out of the wall. Never even saw it!!!! I was so relieve when I walked into that room.

:lmao: Patty - so i was telling Dh about the exotic rasual, and how much i was looking forward to this relaxing alone time together. :cloud9: He just wasn't getting the feel for it, so i showed him your pictures.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

the romance is just lost on him. :confused3

Jennifer, I'm dying here (actually was laughing OUTLOUD), boss must think I've lost my mind, lol!! Well you have some time to work on hubby. Go to the Passporter site (can't put the link here, they edited on me, lol). They offer much more descriptive ideas :woohoo: and maybe hubby will think it's not too bad then, lol.

DisneyDmbNut
10-21-2008, 01:54 PM
i can't believe you thought to take your camera in the spa!! It never occured to me to do that! I think I may steal them!

pjstevens
10-21-2008, 02:05 PM
i can't believe you thought to take your camera in the spa!! It never occured to me to do that! I think I may steal them!

Now Betsy, I wasn't that creative... I did take the first 'romantic' looking one when we were taking photos of the rainforest room, I peeked into one of the empty rooms and snapped a photo. I 'borrowed' the other photos from another online site that had a good review of the exotic rasul. I tried to post that info, but it got edited out (go figure).

dstevens
10-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Jennifer, just tell him it should be called "Erotic Rasul":cool1: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :lovestruc :banana:

DisneyDmbNut
10-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Jennifer, just tell him it should be called "Erotic Rasul":cool1: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :lovestruc :banana:

:eek:
lalalalala...i can't hear you!!! lalalalala

:rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao:

mymainmouse
10-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Aww!
You looked just beautiful! You guys looked so nice together.
What a great update! Everything just looked perfect. :cloud9:

ktmetke
10-21-2008, 11:04 PM
The urinal comment from the hubbie was too funny!!! :rotfl2: And, I can totally see why he would say that!

Mark and I are laughing........he he he he he!!! :lmao:

But, the exotic rasul is lots of fun.....we did it both times we cruised on the Wonder and I will definitely book again the next time we cruise! Though, I would love to do the spa treatment where you have your own private hot tub on a balcony......but, way too much money! :guilty:

pjstevens
10-22-2008, 06:10 AM
The urinal comment from the hubbie was too funny!!! :rotfl2: And, I can totally see why he would say that!

Mark and I are laughing........he he he he he!!! :lmao:

But, the exotic rasul is lots of fun.....we did it both times we cruised on the Wonder and I will definitely book again the next time we cruise! Though, I would love to do the spa treatment where you have your own private hot tub on a balcony......but, way too much money! :guilty:

Karen,

I agree, I'd love to do that one also, but ouch!!! way more than I can justify.

pjstevens
10-22-2008, 06:13 AM
:eek:
lalalalala...i can't hear you!!! lalalalala

:rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao:

Betsy,

Told Dale at dinner last night, that I got a text from you. He said 'he was working' so he couldn't play, lol. Isn't that we are all doing during the day on the dis.

Aww!
You looked just beautiful! You guys looked so nice together.
What a great update! Everything just looked perfect. :cloud9:

Thanks Kelly, more coming hopefully tonight.

dstevens
10-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Betsy, i type as i know it:surfweb: . If it wasn't erotic somebody's not alive:laughing: . It was very uplifting :thumbsup2

pjstevens
10-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Betsy, i type as i know it:surfweb: . If it wasn't erotic somebody's not alive:laughing: . It was very uplifting :thumbsup2

:cool2: (hiding) I cannot believe you just wrote that!!! :scared1:

As most of my online friends have NO idea, I am a VERY private person and to disclose this much info is more than any of my 'in life' friends know about this trip.

DisneyDmbNut
10-22-2008, 09:41 AM
It was very uplifting :thumbsup2

where is the "spitting coffee on my screen" smilie??!!!?

:lmao: :rotfl:

Dale cracks me up!!

pjstevens
10-22-2008, 10:46 AM
where is the "spitting coffee on my screen" smilie??!!!?

:lmao: :rotfl:

Dale cracks me up!!

You and me both Betsy!

Donald'sGirl
10-22-2008, 01:11 PM
and me too!!! That was hysterical Dale!!!! :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

mymainmouse
10-22-2008, 01:32 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

keenercam
10-22-2008, 03:08 PM
:cool2: (hiding) I cannot believe you just wrote that!!! :scared1:

As most of my online friends have NO idea, I am a VERY private person and to disclose this much info is more than any of my 'in life' friends know about this trip.

Ha!Ha!Ha! Now, one of your IRL friends knows! :lmao:

Dale - you are too adorable for words! :goodvibes

bourgie
10-23-2008, 05:52 AM
PJStevens,

I have been reading your VR and love it. You looked beautiful!! We are cruising next year for our 15th anniv and were thinking of a VR but the funds are not there :sad1: Maybe for our 20th!!::upsidedow

I wanted to ask where in Delaware are you from? I have relatives in Delaware. Dover to be exact.

chepic
10-23-2008, 08:16 AM

Didn't you find that once the steam came in there was no real comfortable place to be!!! We realy needed to be creative :hug:

Cheryl

DisneyDmbNut
10-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Didn't you find that once the steam came in there was no real comfortable place to be!!! We realy needed to be creative :hug:

Cheryl

lalalalalalalalalalala!!!

patty..you do know that I have met you both..so your "real" friends are multiplying!

pjstevens
10-23-2008, 09:46 AM
PJStevens,

I have been reading your VR and love it. You looked beautiful!! We are cruising next year for our 15th anniv and were thinking of a VR but the funds are not there :sad1: Maybe for our 20th!!::upsidedow

I wanted to ask where in Delaware are you from? I have relatives in Delaware. Dover to be exact.

DO IT!!! If you can swing it, it is so worth it and honestly doing the VR on the cruise is so much cheaper then at DW.

We live north DE (just south of the PA state line).

bourgie
10-23-2008, 12:21 PM
I would love to do a vow renewal. For right now we are lucky to even be going on DCL.............I would love to plan for something like that. My first wedding was fine, but a lot of it was to please other people, not me. I would love to have a VR on CC with no shoes on the beach!! That is SO ME.......not sure if they do this actually on the beach or not:confused3 :confused3 )

I love Delaware!! My mom lives right near the racetrack. We were just down there on Columbus weekend for a visit.

chepic
10-23-2008, 02:03 PM
I would love to do a vow renewal. For right now we are lucky to even be going on DCL.............I would love to plan for something like that. My first wedding was fine, but a lot of it was to please other people, not me. I would love to have a VR on CC with no shoes on the beach!! That is SO ME.......not sure if they do this actually on the beach or not:confused3 :confused3 )

I love Delaware!! My mom lives right near the racetrack. We were just down there on Columbus weekend for a visit.

You can renew on the beach....I think April is doing it. It is a tough splurge, especially with the economy right now, but it was a truely magical thing to do...:wizard:

cheryl

dstevens
10-23-2008, 07:58 PM

Cheryl

Due to prior embarassing comments:confused3 i was chastised by wifey poo :headache: on these very same dis-boards, so i have self imposed a gag order:rolleyes1 . BUT, this comment, Cheryl, requires me (begs me) to un gag myself. So ladies and gentlemen, chidren over the age of 18. For the millions reading these boards and Betsy too-----cover your ears and close your eyes or close your ears and cover your eyes which ever you prefer......Steam? What steam? I thought that was just my magnetic personality:) and Patty's overwelming love of me :lovestruc causing the air to become heavy and us to become light headed. Comfort my dear friend is a state of mind. Sometimes it's the next state over:rotfl2: .

dstevens
10-23-2008, 08:01 PM

They weren't urinals:confused3 ? My bad:rotfl2:

ktmetke
10-23-2008, 08:03 PM
okay we're laughing again with that comment Dale! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

pjstevens
10-24-2008, 06:00 AM
Yes Karen, he keeps you all laughing! After my post the other day, he said no more, he wouldn't post so I wouldn't get upset. I told him his 'girls' were missing him and LOVED his comments, lol.

DisneyDmbNut
10-24-2008, 08:14 AM
so i have self imposed a gag order:rolleyes1 .

gag?? Oh, the places I could go!!!:rotfl:

pjstevens
10-24-2008, 08:22 AM

Now Betsy, this is a FAMILY board, lol!!! :rotfl:

Donald'sGirl
10-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Dale you are a riot!! OMG :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: can't....breathe....:lmao:

chepic
10-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Due to prior embarassing comments:confused3 i was chastised by wifey poo :headache: on these very same dis-boards, so i have self imposed a gag order:rolleyes1 . BUT, this comment, Cheryl, requires me (begs me) to un gag myself. So ladies and gentlemen, chidren over the age of 18. For the millions reading these boards and Betsy too-----cover your ears and close your eyes or close your ears and cover your eyes which ever you prefer......Steam? What steam? I thought that was just my magnetic personality:) and Patty's overwelming love of me :lovestruc causing the air to become heavy and us to become light headed. Comfort my dear friend is a state of mind. Sometimes it's the next state over:rotfl2: .

Well, it sounds like you two had a wonderful time in the Rasul, and I am so happy for the 2 of you that you could survive such a "magnetic" encounter...:lmao: Only through the Grace of God do we get through each and every day....so just keep that in mind when discribing your fun....He knows!!!! :)

You would get along great with my Dave!!!

cheryl

pjstevens
10-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Dale you are a riot!! OMG :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: can't....breathe....:lmao:

Laura, I was dying when he posted last night (and he won't let me see til it's posted, kind of 'oops too late, lol).

Well, it sounds like you two had a wonderful time in the Rasul, and I am so happy for the 2 of you that you could survive such a "magnetic" encounter...:lmao: Only through the Grace of God do we get through each and every day....so just keep that in mind when discribing your fun....He knows!!!! :)

You would get along great with my Dave!!!

cheryl

Cheryl, Dale is very easy to get along with. :cloud9:

dstevens
10-24-2008, 09:52 AM

MY turn LALALALALALA i can't hear you LALALALAL:rotfl2:

Disneygrl36
10-24-2008, 01:37 PM
What a beautiful vow renewal service. :lovestruc

Politely ignorning all the exotic/erotic rasul comments..........:lmao: nope they are too funny to ignore.:rotfl:

pjstevens
10-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Ok, heads up, this is a PHOTO Trip Report this segment!!!

When we last left the happy couple had just ‘kissed’!!!

The captain had ‘wed’ us again and somehow we didn’t do the Sand Ceremony during our actual ceremony. Being I’d never done a Unity Candle or anything, I wasn’t sure where it really should come in, so we did it after our KISS!
Before we started

http://inlinethumb05.webshots.com/31684/2214383830074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

During the pouring…

http://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/41772/2457272840074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

After we were done…

http://inlinethumb39.webshots.com/42278/2140797670074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We had our toast (I do NOT like Champaign! so I didn’t enjoy this. Couldn’t they have served a fruity tropical drink in my cup?)

http://inlinethumb40.webshots.com/43623/2606936670074672119S500x500Q85.jpg
Before we cut our cake…

I just noticed the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings logo on the cutting set…

http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/36546/2890122320074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb43.webshots.com/43498/2470762110074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb21.webshots.com/42196/2703534810074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Then we got to EAT our cake!!! YUMMY!!! (you can see our photographer in this shot. I know at some point I said her name was Josephine, but that is not right! That was my dd’s roommate during the CP last year)!

http://inlinethumb64.webshots.com/43519/2252650990074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We then get our First Dance! Since there was no dancing at our first wedding, this was our first ‘official’ dance! (yea, we’ve danced a few times over the years, but not much, lol).

http://inlinethumb54.webshots.com/40693/2957280090074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb09.webshots.com/16968/2668074860074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

This is one of my favorite shots! Can you see the LOVE in my eyes!

http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/18249/2981998830074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Next up, our photographer took us around the ship for some photos and then our YUMMY dinner at Palo!

jennifaerie
10-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Oh, that picture of Dale looking at you gives me butterflies!

pjstevens
10-29-2008, 05:42 AM
Oh, that picture of Dale looking at you gives me butterflies!

Thanks Jennifer, me too. :lovestruc

Donald'sGirl
10-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Patty I think it is so awesome you finally had your very first dance!!! That is so sweet and you and Dale look so happy!! :lovestruc

pjstevens
10-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Patty I think it is so awesome you finally had your very first dance!!! That is so sweet and you and Dale look so happy!! :lovestruc

Thanks Laura. It was such an amazing time. I love to look at our photos again and again!

mymainmouse
10-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Aww! What a sweet update.:lovestruc Now your'e making me try to think of ways to get my husband to do a vow renewal. Hmmm..... Actually he's a big fan of cake. Maybe that would convince him. :rotfl:
I love all of your pictures. :)

dstevens
10-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Aww! What a sweet update.:lovestruc Now your'e making me try to think of ways to get my husband to do a vow renewal. Hmmm..... Actually he's a big fan of cake. Maybe that would convince him. :rotfl:
Kelly, Kelly. You need to offer him a bribe :goodvibes
In two; words "Exotic Rasul" :banana:

disneygal922
10-29-2008, 02:33 PM
What a wonderful update! Your sand ceremony came out great! :goodvibes Oh and is that a winnie the pooh tattoo? It's so cute!:cutie:

Donald'sGirl
10-29-2008, 03:01 PM

:lmao:

keenercam
10-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Patty, my dear friend, I am so happy that you and Dale had that romantic dance. The look in his eyes looking at you and then the utter joy and contentment and love in your face is just priceless. :faint: Thank you for sharing, sweetie! :hug:

pjstevens
10-29-2008, 05:12 PM

As always, thanks Kelly for hanging around waiting for the next installment. The cake was YUMMY (what little bit I had) but maybe that will convince hubby to do a Vow Renewal. Or, you can just use Dale's comment below, LOL.:rotfl:

What a wonderful update! Your sand ceremony came out great! :goodvibes Oh and is that a winnie the pooh tattoo? It's so cute!:cutie:

Thanks for joining us. I love my sand ceremony. And, yes, that's Winnie the Pooh on my shoulder. :goodvibes

:lmao:

Laura, he's always so funny!

Patty, my dear friend, I am so happy that you and Dale had that romantic dance. The look in his eyes looking at you and then the utter joy and contentment and love in your face is just priceless. :faint: Thank you for sharing, sweetie! :hug:

Thank you so much my friend! I know I'll be looking at some amazing photos in just over two months of you and Howard!

ktmetke
10-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Patty,

Your cake was the BEST cake ever!!!!!!!

Love,

Karen

pjstevens
10-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Patty,

Your cake was the BEST cake ever!!!!!!!

Love,

Karen

Thanks Karen.

Kelly, Karen was at our vow renewal so she can vouch for the cake! Maybe your hubby would go for the vow renewal.

29apr00
10-30-2008, 10:10 AM
What a great update! The love between you two is soo obvious!!! :love:

Hmmm....the captain didn't do your sand ceremony? I'll have to make sure to write out a schedule of things.

pjstevens
10-30-2008, 10:30 AM
What a great update! The love between you two is soo obvious!!! :love:

Hmmm....the captain didn't do your sand ceremony? I'll have to make sure to write out a schedule of things.

Jennifer, Our wedding planner hadn't heard of that before (the sand cermony). I got the ok with Cathy before hand, but she had said, it would just be something Dale & I would do, the captain doesn't 'say' anything during that.

chepic
10-30-2008, 10:46 AM

You are a naughty boy!!! :rotfl:

figmentfan814
10-30-2008, 01:05 PM
I can't believe how perfect your sand ceremony turned out; you were both much better at evenly pouring than we were with ours :rotfl:

The shots of you dancing are so sweet and I love the one with your head on Dale's shoulder :dance3:

mymainmouse
10-30-2008, 11:19 PM

As always, thanks Kelly for hanging around waiting for the next installment. The cake was YUMMY (what little bit I had) but maybe that will convince hubby to do a Vow Renewal. Or, you can just use Dale's comment below, LOL.:rotfl:

Kelly, Karen was at our vow renewal so she can vouch for the cake! Maybe your hubby would go for the vow renewal.

You guys crack me up.:lmao:
I showed him the pictures of your cake and he said it looked delicious.

His ears did perk up for the "Exotic Rasul".
Maybe those 2 things will convince him, cake and "spa treatments".;) :rotfl:

dstevens
11-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Cam, i saw the pictures of your dress. Very nice. You look pretty in it:thumbsup2 . Ok now Howard watch your comments :rotfl: . This IS a family site. Oh heck go for it:banana:

keenercam
11-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Thank you, Dale! :hug: Your wife is so precious and generous to have taken all of them for me. Thank you for giving up an evening of her company so that I could have her there to support me. :goodvibes BTW, it doesn't have the "vavavoom" effect of Patty's dress, but I couldn't pull that off with Patty's style! :faint:

dstevens
11-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Thank you, Dale! :hug: Your wife is so precious and generous to have taken all of them for me. Thank you for giving up an evening of her company so that I could have her there to support me. :goodvibes BTW, it doesn't have the "vavavoom" effect of Patty's dress, but I couldn't pull that off with Patty's style! :faint:
No problem on borrowing Patty. Just return her in origional condition :rotfl:
If Howard doesn't see "vavavoom" Howard is "deaddeaddead":rotfl2:

pjstevens
11-08-2008, 08:59 PM
This segment will be the wonderful photos that our photographer took around the ship.

http://inlinethumb05.webshots.com/40708/2826869130074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb31.webshots.com/2334/2169290000074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb22.webshots.com/6229/2289289290074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/43567/2256621010074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/18461/2268073920074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb55.webshots.com/35574/2694099840074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb33.webshots.com/42144/2584363620074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb20.webshots.com/42067/2542477160074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/42186/2718865740074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb05.webshots.com/14276/2900793400074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/24951/2032108110074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb05.webshots.com/31300/2985265740074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/42186/2718865740074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb34.webshots.com/40929/2157612820074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb53.webshots.com/30260/2692280440074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb39.webshots.com/18470/2178808280074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb61.webshots.com/42620/2206818230074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

pjstevens
11-08-2008, 09:03 PM
I can't believe how perfect your sand ceremony turned out; you were both much better at evenly pouring than we were with ours :rotfl:

The shots of you dancing are so sweet and I love the one with your head on Dale's shoulder :dance3:

Vanessa, We had a very small opening to pour the sand in so we had to 'take turns' so it did layer nicely. I have it on display in our living room with our Mickey & Minnie from our cake and one of our photos.

That is one of my very favorite photos Vanessa, I love it.

You guys crack me up.:lmao:
I showed him the pictures of your cake and he said it looked delicious.

His ears did perk up for the "Exotic Rasul".
Maybe those 2 things will convince him, cake and "spa treatments".;) :rotfl:

Kelly, you'll have to keep me posted. I hope you can talk hubby into this, it would be amazing! It was so much more fun that the first time around. It was all things we wanted, didn't have to 'please others' that day!

pjstevens
11-08-2008, 09:07 PM
I had taken a mat to be signed by the characters on the ship. For anyone that has not done this, I highly recommend it. This is our photo framed now.

http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/6218/2366533160074672119S600x600Q85.jpg

WithDisneySpirit
11-09-2008, 08:55 AM
I love all your pictures, Patricia!!!!!!! The photo with all the character's signatures on the mat is priceless!! :lovestruc :goodvibes

keenercam
11-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Patty -- I LOVE all of these pictures and I feel totally spoiled rotten that I am now the owner of one. I can't wait to put it on the credenza in my office. Thank you so much, my dear friend! :hug:

Dale -- If I didn't adore you already for how happy you make my dear friend, I'd have developed a bit of a crush for your kindness. ;) Thank you. :hug:

pjstevens
11-09-2008, 12:31 PM
I love all your pictures, Patricia!!!!!!! The photo with all the character's signatures on the mat is priceless!! :lovestruc :goodvibes

Lisa,

thank you so much. We've been home almost two months and I JUST got around to hanging that. So bad on my part. I love that and like you said it's priceless. Really means so much to me.

pjstevens
11-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Patty -- I LOVE all of these pictures and I feel totally spoiled rotten that I am now the owner of one. I can't wait to put it on the credenza in my office. Thank you so much, my dear friend! :hug:

Dale -- If I didn't adore you already for how happy you make my dear friend, I'd have developed a bit of a crush for your kindness. ;) Thank you. :hug:

Cam, you are so sweet and I cherish your friendship and your determination to keep me running.

mymainmouse
11-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Kelly, you'll have to keep me posted. I hope you can talk hubby into this, it would be amazing! It was so much more fun that the first time around. It was all things we wanted, didn't have to 'please others' that day!

Patty,
I'll keep you posted. We just celebrated our 15th anniversary last June. So maybe as it gets closer to our 20th I can talk him into it.:laughing: He's not the romantic sort. One time he told me that he showed me how much he loved me by coming home every night. :rotfl: Don't worry he's NEVER going to live that comment down.:lmao:
Like you said though, it sure we be nice to have the things we wanted instead of trying to please everyone else.

Your bouquet was just beautiful. I just love all of your pictures you both look so nice. :goodvibes

frdeb1999
11-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Your pictures are absolutely beautiful!! We wanted to do this on our 20th and were only able to do the cruise itself. We're hoping for our 25th though! :)

mymainmouse
11-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Patty,

Just had to let you know that we will be going to WDW in Feb. for one night.:yay: My MIL rents a condo in FL for the winter and we are going to go see her for a long weekend and going to go stay at Pop for a night and head to MK and DTD during the days. I am pretty excited. I made DH promise that we would still do the Free Dining in the Sept. so I have already made tentative plans for that as well. :cool1: :cool1: Just had to tell somebody. :laughing: I knew everyone here would understand. I need to do a trip/pre-trip report instead of hijacking your thread. Sorry about that.:rolleyes:

disneygal922
11-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Patty, you have so many wonderful pics! Your photographer did a great job!:thumbsup2 I also love the mat board with all the character signatures! :goodvibes

mymainmouse
11-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Just checking in. :surfweb: I hope you are having a good week.:)

Disneygrl36
11-19-2008, 08:07 AM
Your photos are beautiful.
We did a sand ceremony (we got married in Jamaica) & I found something on the internet & tweaked it a bit & the minister read it. It really is a nice touch I think.
I love the picture with the character signed mat around it. So cute. :goodvibes

pjstevens
11-19-2008, 07:26 PM
One time he told me that he showed me how much he loved me by coming home every night. :rotfl: Don't worry he's NEVER going to live that comment down.:lmao:

Your bouquet was just beautiful. I just love all of your pictures you both look so nice. :goodvibes

Kelly,

I'd smack hubby with a comment like that. They can be so bad sometimes, :rotfl: Congrats on your upcoming trip. We're booked for May, tentative booked for August and cant' wait to stay in our new 'home' for the first time.

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful!! We wanted to do this on our 20th and were only able to do the cruise itself. We're hoping for our 25th though! :)

Thanks so much. You just have to set you mind to it and start saving now, so then it won't be such a big expense. I hope you're able to do one for your 25th!

Patty, you have so many wonderful pics! Your photographer did a great job!:thumbsup2 I also love the mat board with all the character signatures! :goodvibes

Thanks so much. I look at it every time I walk by (missing the cruise, but the memories are awesome!) :goodvibes

pjstevens
11-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Your photos are beautiful.
We did a sand ceremony (we got married in Jamaica) & I found something on the internet & tweaked it a bit & the minister read it. It really is a nice touch I think.
I love the picture with the character signed mat around it. So cute. :goodvibes

I had read some things online but when I talked to Cathy (the DCL wedding coordinator) she said the captain wouldn't say anything during that, so I just let it go.

DisneyDmbNut
11-19-2008, 07:45 PM
where is naughty Dale? I am missing his posts!

pjstevens
11-19-2008, 07:51 PM

Betsy, you are so bad :rotfl: I think Dale's waiting for me to post an update so he can comment, but I've been slacking here, sorry! :surfweb: I guess I need to start writing.

pjstevens
11-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Sorry for the once again LONG delay… But on with the story.

After we had our photos taken all about the ship, we stopped back at our room and were greeted with a bottle of champaign. (remember, I don’t drink that!) We also had a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. Now that’s YUMMY! It was soon time for our dining reservation at Palo, so off we went to enjoy our special dinner.

It was actually very fun walking about the ship in my gown and people telling us congratulations! I am not one that typically likes to be noticed, but being a BRIDE was so much fun.

When we arrived at Palo we were seated at a table by the window, but on the far side of the restaurant. It was a nice table until the ‘group’ at the table behind us (really I think it was two couples) but they were loud and at times obnoxious. I really don’t remember what we had in the way of appetizers and such, but I had ordered the beef, MEDIUM. It came WELL DONE. I tried to eat it, but I cannot eat dried out food. Dale had it sent back and then I was given a piece that was barely medium (more medium rare, but at least not dried out). It was very good, but I was already in trouble. I ended up getting sick (which happens sometimes). Of course though, I still had to attempt to have some of the chocolate soufflé. When they broke it open to pour the sauce in, WOW the smell was awesome. Unfortunately it was way to rich for me and I did not get to enjoy as I had planned to for so long. We even had part of our wedding cake served (which I ate a bite of that, YUMMY, not sickening sweet).

http://inlinethumb61.webshots.com/42620/2206818230074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We were surprised with more goodies…

http://inlinethumb07.webshots.com/42694/2341893450074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/43905/2090885280074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

After dinner we stopped down at the Lifestyle portraits. Unfortunately, the photographer was just about to take a break, so we had to come back LATER! I was a bit bummed as we were there just at the ‘end’ of the time slot, so we had to come back later and don’t you know, the photographer was LATE coming back. But we did finally get our shot!

http://inlinethumb39.webshots.com/18470/2178808280074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Unfortunately due to the change in the schedule, it was Pirate Night so we missed all the festivities in the dining room. Our friend Dawn brought back our Pirate map/menu and our bandannas from dinner. We stopped back in our room and were greeted by this cutie.

http://inlinethumb36.webshots.com/483/2967875110074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We then decided to take a walk up on deck to see what was going on before the fireworks started. We stumbled upon this buffet (which we were way too stuffed to partake of).

http://inlinethumb63.webshots.com/43262/2362529170074672119S200x200Q85.jpg http://inlinethumb31.webshots.com/44318/2725456330074672119S200x200Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/41711/2486133980074672119S200x200Q85.jpg http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/41444/2508152550074672119S200x200Q85.jpg
We couldn’t get a spot close to the railing to see the festivities, but we did get to see the fireworks.

http://inlinethumb17.webshots.com/44304/2758343910074672119S200x200Q85.jpg http://inlinethumb28.webshots.com/32219/2667232080074672119S200x200Q85.jpg

It had sprinkled off and of that afternoon and evening and we weren't sure if they were going to have the fireworks. Luckily it held off a bit and we had a great end to our very special day!

dstevens
11-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Naughty Dale? :confused3 I am like sooooo offensive. Oh i'm sorry i meant offended:rotfl2: . I may be naughty (but nice) but ONLY because i am led down that path:laughing: . I am like a stray sheep. I am trust worthy and a follower. I need to be lead and guided:cloud9: . It is YOU people that have guided me away from the nice path:woohoo: I am normally naive to the ways of the world:scared1: . I am like an Amish person set forth amongst you English. I am like a child let loose in a candy store.:rolleyes1 Give me the oppurtunity and i will run amiok and reak havick. :banana: I am like the Vikings of old. I take no prisioner. And i smell like one right now also. I haven't showered yet. Just had to read my mail on my day off. Actually i'm also doing laundry:laundy: and cleaning the house in my special uniform :scared1: . Were is Patty when you want (need) her? Some were along the line i might have contradicted myself but by being wordy you will have forgotten everything i wrote or misunderstood it. Dang i SHOULD have been President. Hey, anybody got some spare CHANGE. I could use some:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

DisneyDmbNut
11-20-2008, 09:48 AM
cleaning in a special uniform....oh!! the mental picture I have of Dale in heals and a french maid uniform!

dstevens
11-20-2008, 10:28 AM
cleaning in a special uniform....oh!! the mental picture I have of Dale in heals and a french maid uniform!
Healed boots thank you:rotfl2: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :rotfl: :banana: I have to put them back in Patty's dresser before she sees me:lmao:

pjstevens
11-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Healed boots thank you:rotfl2: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :rotfl: :banana: I have to put them back in Patty's dresser before she sees me:lmao:

Oh my goodness you two are a mess!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

dstevens
11-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Oh my goodness you two are a mess!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Yea, but, you didn't deny the outfit:thumbsup2 :woohoo: :worship: Oh i'm sorry ....to much info. Now i have to self impose a ban on myself. Or, tell the truth. I never have worn one of Pattys sexy outfits. I have my own.

camara381
11-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Hey Patricia I jsut wanted to tell you I love the picture of the both of you at PALO, you look beautiful, and you giys look so happy

pjstevens
11-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Hey Patricia I jsut wanted to tell you I love the picture of the both of you at PALO, you look beautiful, and you giys look so happy

Carolina, thanks for stopping by. We had an amazing time. Please disregard the back and forth with my hubby and Betsy, the two of them are silly at times. :rotfl2: But got to love them, they keep me on my toes.

DisneyDmbNut
11-20-2008, 11:58 AM
well.. It sounds like you are keep Dale on his toes with those heels!!

ktmetke
11-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Oh, so that's what you get to do when the kids grow up......clean the house in a special uniform! :banana: Wait till I tell Mark....maybe he will finally start cleaning! :lmao:

figmentfan814
11-20-2008, 02:04 PM
:dance3: for the update. Sorry to hear that you weren't able to enjoy your food as much at Palo's as you had hoped. The dessert is really rich so I understand.

The pirate buffet looked so cute, I love all the displays! How exciting that they ended up having fireworks after all!

pjstevens
11-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Oh, so that's what you get to do when the kids grow up......clean the house in a special uniform! :banana: Wait till I tell Mark....maybe he will finally start cleaning! :lmao:

:lmao: Karen, you never know what Dale will come out with. It's good to see you. How is everyone? Are you getting snow out your way?

ktmetke
11-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Hi Miss Patty!

Just a few flurries, nothing sticking yet....it's so cold though......it's supposed to go down to 14 degrees tonight! :scared1: And, I"m always freezing cause I keep the heat at 63 degrees in the house so I can afford my Disney obssession! :laughing:

Thank you for asking about us.......Mark and I were in San Francisco this weekend.....We walked to and on the Golden Gate Bridge, saw the crookedest street, and went to Alcatraz....We had a really nice vacation without the kiddos and it was a non-Disney vacation to boot! What's new with you guys??

mymainmouse
11-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Kelly,

I'd smack hubby with a comment like that. They can be so bad sometimes, :rotfl: Congrats on your upcoming trip. We're booked for May, tentative booked for August and cant' wait to stay in our new 'home' for the first time.

My hubby definitely is ornery. I probably need to smack him a few times for that comment. :laughing:

Thanks! I am excited. I haven't made the ressie yet. I know they are offering a lot of good deals but I was hoping for a percent off discount since we are only staying there one night. Most of the room only deals have only been through the end of December. I'll probably do it soon since I don't want to wait to long.

I am so happy for you with the DVC. I need to check in to that a little. You can use it for other places besides WDW can't you?

Great update! :goodvibes

dstevens
11-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Sometimes us hubbies need (want) to be smacked around by our wifes :cool1: :lmao: As John Cougar Meloncamp once sang-----It hurts so good.:banana:

Risnsun
11-30-2008, 08:36 AM
I hope you had a good thanksgiving together!!!

pjstevens
11-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Hi Miss Patty!

Just a few flurries, nothing sticking yet....it's so cold though......it's supposed to go down to 14 degrees tonight! :scared1: And, I"m always freezing cause I keep the heat at 63 degrees in the house so I can afford my Disney obssession! :laughing:

Thank you for asking about us.......Mark and I were in San Francisco this weekend.....We walked to and on the Golden Gate Bridge, saw the crookedest street, and went to Alcatraz....We had a really nice vacation without the kiddos and it was a non-Disney vacation to boot! What's new with you guys??

Karen,

That's one of my dream trips. Some day we'll get to SF. I want to see the Golden Gate bridge (and walk/ride a bike across). I remember when I was younger and my parents went there and they went to see Alcatraz. It sounds so scary (I watch too many movies, lol). It's great to get away without the kiddies some times.

We are all well. Waiting patiently for the birth of our grand daughter Isabella Grace. One month to go (but hopefully sooner). Haven't done much in the way of Christmas shopping yet and haven't decorated at all. Hoping to get some of that done today (not the shopping part, lol). I really hate the pushy, nasty people that come out during this time of year. If you're miserable, stay home, :lmao: shop on line or something.

Well got to run, maybe I'll even get an update done in the next day or so. :scared1:

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Tell Mark Hi from us.

pjstevens
11-30-2008, 09:50 AM
I hope you had a good thanksgiving together!!!

Hi Kendra,

We did have a nice Thanksgiving, it was quiet as two of the kids worked, but still nice. Hope you are doing well and had a good Thanksgiving also.

pjstevens
11-30-2008, 09:52 AM
My hubby definitely is ornery. I probably need to smack him a few times for that comment. :laughing:

Thanks! I am excited. I haven't made the ressie yet. I know they are offering a lot of good deals but I was hoping for a percent off discount since we are only staying there one night. Most of the room only deals have only been through the end of December. I'll probably do it soon since I don't want to wait to long.

I am so happy for you with the DVC. I need to check in to that a little. You can use it for other places besides WDW can't you?

Great update! :goodvibes

Kelly,

I'll tell you, we never thought we'd be able to swing DVC, but we honestly never really talked about it til this past trip. I can't wait for our first trip in May! :banana: We had some prepaid visa money and some Disney rewards so we hopefully won't be paying for 'anything' that trip!!!

mymainmouse
11-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Sometimes us hubbies need (want) to be smacked around by our wifes :cool1: :lmao: As John Cougar Meloncamp once sang-----It hurts so good.:banana:

It's because you guys are so rotten!:laughing:

Kelly,

I'll tell you, we never thought we'd be able to swing DVC, but we honestly never really talked about it til this past trip. I can't wait for our first trip in May! :banana: We had some prepaid visa money and some Disney rewards so we hopefully won't be paying for 'anything' that trip!!!

I'll have to check into it a little more so I can pass it on to DH. I am really excited for you guys. :cool1: You need to do a trip report for your May trip with lots of pictures of the Kidani villas at AKL.:thumbsup2

pjstevens
12-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Day 5 – Castaway Cay (yea I know, it has been forever since I updated. I’m such a slacker). I got already to start when I realized that none of my photos from this day were online!

The entire time we were planning our cruise, I kept say Castaway ‘Cay, i.e. kay’ I could not get that it was Cay, i.e. key!

We started the day, as usual with breakfast from room service and a sunrise from our verandah.

http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/41263/2108135440074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

My attempt at a panoramic photo (don’t laugh… I can’t see well)

http://inlinethumb34.webshots.com/41313/2849490710074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

See those LITTLE guys down there??? Wait til you see what they can do…

http://inlinethumb17.webshots.com/41808/2243525400074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

They actually ‘hold’ the mooring lines…

http://inlinethumb49.webshots.com/44848/2404510000074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/44090/2892091870074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb52.webshots.com/44915/2850132730074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Oh and these photos today are from my new camera that I got to take underwater photos. I LOVE my camera and had a little trouble using a point and shoot. But boy am I glad I bought this and got it on ebay for maybe $60 (including the waterproof case).

The mandatory photo of the Flying Dutchman (we actually got a good view of the back but I didn’t take pictures then)

http://inlinethumb27.webshots.com/17562/2576708610074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb07.webshots.com/44422/2301511500074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

One of the few photos of the two of us (that wasn’t a self portrait). We are waiting for the jet skis to be ready for our tour.

http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/4233/2873627790074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

This was our very first time either of us had been on a jet ski (let alone drive one). I cannot wear sunglasses (or any glasses) cause they give me an instant headache. I suffer from migraines and do not need any help in that area. We were told that you shouldn’t wear hats or glasses (unless they are on a strap) cause you may loose them in the water. (remember this for later)

We were given a QUICK course on how to use the jet ski, including what happens if you fall off (the thing will stop cause there is a kill switch attached to your wrist, so as you fall in the water, the strap pulls the key or whatever was keeping this thing going, lol). Being a larger person, I was real nervous at first getting on this machine. But boy was it fun!!! We were whipping over waves with them breaking right over us!!! Salt water right into those eyes that were not protected by glasses. Sunscreen running down my face mixing with the salt water into my eyes…. Got the picture OUCH!!!! I was driving with one hand and shielding and protecting my eyes with the other (not a good combo) but it really was a LOT of fun! We had two guides showing us where to go and telling us to speed up at times if we went to slow or got to close to each other. We ended on this little stretch of land (I guess someone around the side of the island cause we couldn’t see Castaway Cay from where we were.

One of the guys who was on the tour with us saw a starfish. I’ve never seen a real live starfish!

http://inlinethumb63.webshots.com/32254/2730712490074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

So I had to try to get a closer photo underwater!!!

http://inlinethumb09.webshots.com/39112/2011860500074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Soon it was time to go back to the beach so we were off again into the waves with water splashing over the jet ski into my eyes!!! (ouch again!) Note to self, if and when we do another cruise GET SUNGLASSES!!!

After we got back to shore it was time for our bike ride around the island. On our way to where the bike pick up is we ran into this guy…

http://inlinethumb57.webshots.com/43832/2720380180074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We then got our bikes and followed the route to the observation lookout. I did take some photos, but cannot find them (huh?) Oh, well it was nice to see and get some exercise in the meantime.

It was then time for lunch at the grown up beach and time to relax and enjoy the sun, sand and water. The water was beautiful and so clear and clean. We had rented floaties for the day and I lounged on the float for a long while (actually dozing a time or two). Only to awaken WAY FAR OUT there!!!! Boy is it hard to paddle back in when you don’t want to get off the float. I don’t like to ‘touch’ things on the bottom and I wasn’t even sure if I could touch with how far I was out. I finally made it back to shore and we got some lounge chairs to relax on.

We then saw our friends Monica and Warren strolling down the beach. So they came over and we chatted and enjoyed a drink on the beach! Boy is that the life! I could get use to that kind of afternoon. But soon it was time to head back to the ship. We still had time to use the Rain Forrest room some more.

We made out way back to the ship and as we passed the post office I remembered that I forgot to bring our postcards off to mail!! I NEVER remember to mail postcards. Not even sure why I even buy them. I had them all written out and ready to go, but NO, never mailed. Oh well, we continue on back to the ship and went to relax in the Rain Forrest room. It was so relaxing and the sun was so tiring I dozed on and off for a while. Each time I opened my eyes there were different people in there, lol. By now, the sun was getting to me. When we got back to the room I realized just how much sun I had gotten! I was burnt! (thank goodness our vow renewal was yesterday!). My head was so burnt that the migraine was starting already.

Well I will end here and when we get back will finish up our very last night on the Disney Wonder!

mymainmouse
12-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Yea! :cheer2: You're back! I was beginning to worry. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

The pictures are great. I hope your sunburn didn't hurt too much.

Castaway Cay sounds so nice. :goodvibes I would love to take the girls there. Maybe some day. :)

Glad you're back!:hug:

mymainmouse
12-29-2008, 09:50 PM
I like how you arranged your pictures in you signature. Really cool.:thumbsup2
You can actually see your faces. My siggie pictures are so small you can barely see them. That's probably good though, because Emily's eyes are closed. :rotfl:

pjstevens
12-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Yea! :cheer2: You're back! I was beginning to worry. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

The pictures are great. I hope your sunburn didn't hurt too much.

Castaway Cay sounds so nice. :goodvibes I would love to take the girls there. Maybe some day. :)

Glad you're back!:hug:

Kelly, I hate that I keep getting side tracked, but now that Christmas if over and all we are doing now is WAITING for our grand daughter to arrive!!! :cool1: She is due tomorrow, but no signs of anything yet. So it may be days or up to a week more.

I'll let you know more about my sunburn in my next installment (and it will be this week!!!) :goodvibes

I like how you arranged your pictures in you signature. Really cool.:thumbsup2
You can actually see your faces. My siggie pictures are so small you can barely see them. That's probably good though, because Emily's eyes are closed. :rotfl:

I had a friend make that for me and I really love it. Wish I had done that before the holidays I think I would have used that for our Family Newsletter we send out. (lots of pictures in little space).

mymainmouse
12-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Kelly, I hate that I keep getting side tracked, but now that Christmas if over and all we are doing now is WAITING for our grand daughter to arrive!!! :cool1: She is due tomorrow, but no signs of anything yet. So it may be days or up to a week more.

I'll let you know more about my sunburn in my next installment (and it will be this week!!!) :goodvibes

I had a friend make that for me and I really love it. Wish I had done that before the holidays I think I would have used that for our Family Newsletter we send out. (lots of pictures in little space).

Patty,

Just glad you're back.:woohoo:

Has your granddaughter decided to arrive yet? Hopefully she be here soon. I am sure your DIL is ready for her to be here and I'm sure the rest of you can't wait to meet her.:goodvibes

Do you know if your friend used a computer program for your collage? That is just the neatest thing.

pjstevens
12-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Patty,

Just glad you're back.:woohoo:

Has your granddaughter decided to arrive yet? Hopefully she be here soon. I am sure your DIL is ready for her to be here and I'm sure the rest of you can't wait to meet her.:goodvibes

Do you know if your friend used a computer program for your collage? That is just the neatest thing.

Kelly, still awaiting the arrival of Isabella. Hopefully any day now. I believe my friend used photoshop (or similar) to make that. I'll have to ask her.

chepic
01-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Patty....Merry Christmas and Happy New Year....can you believe that a year ago, you were just planning everything?!?!?!?

Love the signature box, I am going to have to try to put one together this weekend.

cheryl

pjstevens
01-02-2009, 04:04 PM
I can't believe how fast the year went Cheryl. It's amazing and exciting. We are getting ready to go to Disney next weekend for a friends VR! I can't wait... then we'll be back in May for our first time in our new home AKV!!!

Oh and I have a confession.. I didn't make my gorgeous siggie... a friend did and I LOVE it!

pjstevens
01-02-2009, 04:07 PM
We have a grand daughter!!!!

Isabella Grace was born this afternoon...

http://inlinethumb26.webshots.com/42585/2601983960074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb49.webshots.com/43632/2440288180074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

dhay
01-02-2009, 04:12 PM
We have a grand daughter!!!!

Isabella Grace was born this afternoon...

http://inlinethumb26.webshots.com/42585/2601983960074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb49.webshots.com/43632/2440288180074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Congrats to the most beautiful grandmother in the world ot the most beautiful grandbaby in the world. Jason and I are sooo happy for you!!!!!!!!

pjstevens
01-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Congrats to the most beautiful grandmother in the world ot the most beautiful grandbaby in the world. Jason and I are sooo happy for you!!!!!!!!

Dawn, thank you so much. That is so sweet of the two of you. I got to tell you again, I LOVE your photos!!! WOW!

keenercam
01-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Patty -- Congratulations! You look SOOOO happy and Isabella is soooo lucky to have you and Dale as her "GRANDS"!!!! :hug:

camara381
01-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Congratulations Patty!!! She's beautiful :lovestruc

chepic
01-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Yeah!!!! She's here, she's here, and now you can go to Disney and not worry!!!

And my husband will be sooooo jealous, he wants a daughter in the worst way, and wants to name her Isabella!!

cheryl

WDBRDWLK
01-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Congratulations to the proud GRANDPARENTS! Isabella will just melt your heart each and every time you are with her. You must be on :cloud9: nine!
Being a Grandparent is the best feeling in the world.
Congratulations to all of you!

pjstevens
01-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Patty -- Congratulations! You look SOOOO happy and Isabella is soooo lucky to have you and Dale as her "GRANDS"!!!! :hug:

Cam, thank you so much honey. We are so happy!

Congratulations Patty!!! She's beautiful :lovestruc

Thanks Carolina! We are in love with this precious child.

Yeah!!!! She's here, she's here, and now you can go to Disney and not worry!!!

And my husband will be sooooo jealous, he wants a daughter in the worst way, and wants to name her Isabella!!

cheryl

Cheryl, hubby and I have already 'joked' wouldn't it be nice to take her with us, but know it will be a while. I am planning a two bedroom for our summer trip 'just in case' they can come with us!

Congratulations to the proud GRANDPARENTS! Isabella will just melt your heart each and every time you are with her. You must be on :cloud9: nine!
Being a Grandparent is the best feeling in the world.
Congratulations to all of you!

She is doing that already... each and every time she is in my arms! :goodvibes

mymainmouse
01-04-2009, 09:37 PM
She's beautiful! :lovestruc

She needs some little pink baby Mouse Ears.:)

pjstevens
01-07-2009, 11:53 AM
She's beautiful! :lovestruc

She needs some little pink baby Mouse Ears.:)

Kelly,

Hoping to find them this weekend. We'll be flying in for a wedding so we will be at DTD on Sunday. If not there, it will have to wait until our May trip.

29apr00
01-07-2009, 01:36 PM
:woohoo: Isabella Grace!! Glad she's home and healthy!!

mymainmouse
01-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Kelly,

Hoping to find them this weekend. We'll be flying in for a wedding so we will be at DTD on Sunday. If not there, it will have to wait until our May trip.

Patty,

I hope you have a nice trip. I have to admit I am a little jealous. I wish I was going to DTD this weekend.:laughing: Unfortunately we are stuck here in the snow.
:sad2:

Good luck finding Mickey ears!

pjstevens
01-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Patty,

I hope you have a nice trip. I have to admit I am a little jealous. I wish I was going to DTD this weekend.:laughing: Unfortunately we are stuck here in the snow.
:sad2:

Good luck finding Mickey ears!

Thanks Kelly. I hope the snow does not find us first! I guess that's why we always travel when it's warm out... only have to worry about hurricanes and stuff, lol. :confused3

Donald'sGirl
01-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Patty Isabella is just so beautiful and precious! I love that picture of her! You and Dale must be on :cloud9: with her! Give her a big :hug: for me!

ktmetke
01-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Hi Patty,

Are you going to do a mini report on your trip this weekend??

Karen

pjstevens
01-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Karen,

since you asked :) :) :) :)

We arrived at Pop Century just about 3pm. I went to check in while Dale waited for the one piece of carry on that I stowed under the ME bus. Not much line (which is real nice) and the CM tells me my room is ready. Then she tells me no, my room isn't ready?? :confused3 Well because we were there with a 'group' for the wedding, it was a 'block' of rooms. I asked for any room that was ready so we could change and get to DTD. The CM was very nice and found us a room in the same building, but on the first floor :cool1: :cool1: I love the first floor. We also got a GREAT bag of goodies (a welcome bag) from the bride and groom. All kinds of neat things, it was like Christmas going through that, lol.

So we head out to the bus to DTD and WAIT and WAIT and WAIT. We determined we had just missed the bus to DTD since we've never waited that long. So finally our bus comes, we are soon in DTD and meeting with some 'fellow' disney brides who've I've become close to online. It was so neat to meet them after 'talking' online for so long. We then went to have an early dinner at TREX (all of us) and there was no wait (being it was only 4ish). This place is really neat, very similar to Rainforest cafe though. Food was good, service was really good and we had lots of fun.

After dinner one of our new friends drove us to the Grand Floridian where we attended the DP (dessert party) for the bride and groom and 65 of their friend! There were giant chocolate strawberries, and yummy mickey rice crispy treats (with chocolate ears!!!) and other assorted pastries! At 8pm it was time for Wishes (we could see the castle from where we were set up) and the B/G had the music from Wishes piped into the party. It was so beautiful. To watch that without mobs of people around. We partied with everyone until 9ish when we headed back to Pop.

The next am we had to be at the front of Pop for the shuttle to the WP before 9am. So we were up and ready early and went and looked around the shop and sat in the food court until time to go.

We were shuttle right to the entrance to the WP. I've only seen in from the afar and it was so beautiful!!! Aubre has said she wants to be married here (after seeing a wedding there while doing the college program last year). Soon it was time for the most beautiful wedding I've ever seen. There is a sneak peek of Cam & Howards wedding on Stan's site (http://www.stvsweddings.com/ Click on Sneakpeeks and then the login is blu-ray and the password is magic!)

You can't watch that and not at least get tears in your eyes (I was there and still tear up when I watch it).

After the wedding we were taken to the GF convention center where there was a lovely pre-reception on the Whitehall Terrace and then an amazing reception inside a short time later.

The day was over and we were on the shuttle to go back to MCO at 4pm!! :sad:

So that, Karen, is the shortest TR I've ever done... Now maybe I'll finish ours some day, lol.

mymainmouse
01-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Patty,
I am glad you are home safe and sound.
I watched the video of Cam and Howard's VR. How beautiful! It made me cry and I don't even know them except Cam as keenercam.:) Please give her my congratulations.
Thanks for the mini trip report. Any trip report is good even if it is the shortest one you've ever done.;) :)

ktmetke
01-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Patty!

Thank you for a wonderful mini trip report......you guys sound like you had such a nice time and the wedding sounds BEAUTIFUL! Any pics?? I know I'm nosey!!!

Karen

pjstevens
01-31-2009, 01:56 PM
We arrived back on the Wonder and took this chance to enjoy the Rain forest room ONE more time!!! It was soon time for our last dinner on the ship.

Our servers for the week

http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/40932/2150316880074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Look at the sunburn!!!! OUCH I hurt bad! My head was pounding and my migraine meds were not helping at all.
http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/12483/2718251810074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Sadly after dinner we had to go back to our room to pack (I had put it off, trying to avoid the inevitable.) Our room host had tried several times to come in and turn down our bed and get it ready for the evening, but I was feeling so poorly and had so much to do (and I’m a madman (ok madwoman) when I’m packing). At one point I asked our host for a bag of ice. NOT for my ice bucket to keep our stuff cool, but to put on my HEAD!!! It hurt so very bad!

Got all the packing done and our bags outside of our stateroom before the 11pm deadline. I did not want to have to lug all our own bags out, that’s for sure. We had soooo much carry-on stuff to drag around in the am before disembarking!

So we got to sleep at some hour (at almost five months after the fact, these little details are starting to fade, sorry).

We had to get up a bit earlier since we had early seating, we had to have breakfast early our last day. We met up with our friends Monica and Warren,

http://inlinethumb40.webshots.com/41959/2550810770074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Then Dawn and her family …

http://inlinethumb44.webshots.com/38251/2466308350074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We said our goodbyes to everyone and headed out to the sadest day of our life (well really not that bad, but having to leave the ship was so depressing, lol).

http://inlinethumb27.webshots.com/23706/2646343180074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb29.webshots.com/43100/2136941560074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We headed down the ramp to leave the ship and got all the way to the terminal and the line STOPPED! Ok, figured we were a few minutes early so we waited and waited and waited. Finally someone came out and told us that the thousands of people leaving the ship had to go through the SIX Federal agents (customs, I think). So finally we are let through with the next group of people. As soon as we got off, there were porters everywhere and luggage everywhere. I’d read before the easiest thing to do was grab a porter and you’ll get through customs easier and usually quicker. So we found a porter and he was so helpful. We had FOUR suitcases, in addition to our carry on stuff and all the ‘extras’ I was carrying off the ship (my flowers and my sand ceremony set). This is one of the biggest tips I’d give anyone cruising. Unfortunately some don’t want to spend the money to tip the porter. That was the best 10-12-15 dollars we spent, I don’t recall how many bags we ended up with. He took all of our belongings to the stop for the Radisson shuttle.

After a short wait the shuttle arrived with the famous Bong driver. He took us to our car that had been parked at the hotel since our stay there Sat/Sun. That was also the best money spent. Parking at the port is a lot just to have your car ‘close-by’ but honestly, we were delivered right to our vehicle with all our bags without the added expense.

We said goodbye to Monica and Warren and headed out towards Disney. Oh, but we had to make a pit stop first. I HAD to find something for my burn! I wanted some homeopathic stuff I use at home for sunburn and it works amazing. Well at 8:30 in the am, the specialty stores are NOT open at that hour. Finally ended at the CVS and got regular sunburn stuff.

We were NOW officially heading to Disney World! It was hard to believe after the most amazing trip of our life, we still had four days at Disney to look forward too. As we drove out of Port Canaveral, we saw one of the infamous DVC (Disney’s best kept secret signs) and hubby asked about it. I told him what I knew, from a friend who recently bought into it. We figured financially this is something we just couldn’t do at this time.

As we got closer towards Disney we past our dd’s previous home while she was part of the College Program at Disney. This is Vista (had to take a pic for her).

http://inlinethumb43.webshots.com/38506/2456424760074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Then the most magical sign…

http://inlinethumb22.webshots.com/44949/2500269570074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We then arrived at Pop (sorry, after many stays here I don’t take as many pics, lol). It was time to don our bride/groom hats! We got there probably shortly after 10am or so. Our room was not ready. But we got congrats from the CM and a number to call later to see when it was ready. I had not made any special request this time (I typically would request ground floor 60’s building). That request will give you a view of the lake! I love that. Well this time, we were put in the 50’s building with the giant juke box (the old kind on the table in the diner, lol).

We decided to get a quick drink then head to DHS for the afternoon. We were heading out towards the bus when we were congratulated by a cm who was the DVC rep at Pop that day. He asked if he could take 60 seconds to tell us about DVC. We looked at each other and said, why not. In those 60 seconds we had a general idea of DVC and how much it cost (which I had told hubby already). He was very informative. He asked if we’d like to go on a tour. We thought about it and said, sure, why not. We’d were going to get free fast passes since we were missing time in the park. The DVC van would be over to pick us up in a few minutes. So hubby grabbed a bite to eat. In no time it was time to go see the brand new Animal Kingdom Villas.

Oh, but wait, I’ve got my flowers with me and I can’t leave them in the car or they would die (it was HOT) and our room wasn’t ready so I was getting worried. I couldn’t possibly carry them all over the park that day. So we asked our new friend ‘Joe’ the DVC guy if there was somewhere they could be kept until we returned later (actually I asked him if he could keep them). Unfortunately, Joe wouldn’t be on later and didn’t want any thing to happen to our flowers so he went and found someone to keep them safe for me and in water! I was so excited.

Next up, our trip to DVC!

Donald'sGirl
02-01-2009, 02:39 PM
You had a good last day even though it is sad leaving the ship! But you had 4 days at Disney to look forward too! Don't you just love that sign! Ahhhh...I miss it! Only 4 more months until I can see it again!

Pooh_Girl
02-02-2009, 09:25 AM
I remember leaving the ship. It was one of the worst days of my life. I cried like a baby!!! :lmao: At least that wasn't the end of your trip. Can't wait to hear more!!!

pjstevens
04-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Been busy enjoying our beautiful granddaughter (who is now three months old)… but I’ve finally gotten around to an update (imagine that).

I don’t know why I didn’t think to take photos on our tour, but I’ll give you the details. After our friend Joe found a home for my flowers, the DVC van picked us up and whisked us off to Saratoga Springs. We’ve never been to any of the DVC resorts, well take that back, we took Disney transportation to Old Key West one time on our way to DTD. But other than sitting at the bus stop there, we didn’t’ see anything.

So we arrived at SSR and were dropped right in front of the door. We entered, gave our names and were congratulated again. We were told we could go into the next room for some refreshments. There were some light snacks, cookies, coffee, lemonade (I think). We then had a seat on a big comfy sofa where we were congratulated a few more times. Then our ‘guide’ came out and introduced herself. She sat and we chatted a few minutes. She asked about our vacation habits, (i.e. where do we go, how often, where do we stay, etc).

We were then taken to view the brand new AKV. We were shown the studio and the one-bedroom units (with the ‘fake’ savanna view). And then told if we wanted a two bedroom it was literally the studio and one bedroom with a door between. WOW that was a lot of room! It was gorgeous. After viewing these, we went back to her ‘office’ to discuss more about DVC, the cost of ownership, the finance options and the incentives that were being offered at that very point.

Our guide (who we later decided we didn’t really like, but that’s another story) made it sound like if we didn’t buy right then and there that we wouldn’t be eligible to receive these incentives. She left us alone to discuss this. I told hubby that we could indeed afford this and that I could make the payments. I had been putting money away for our cruise and vow renewal and it was pretty much the exact amount our payment would be. BUT…. hubby is the logical one and really wanted to look at our finances (he takes care of all the bills and the headaches that go with them). When we told our guide this, she was ‘ok’ but said if we made a decision before we left Disney we could still get the same incentives (imagine, the ones that we were told we could only get if we bought right then, lol). And there was something out DVC rep at Pop (Joe) told us… He said you DO NOT MAKE A $15,000 DECISION IN AN HOUR!!!

We informed out guide we were not ready to buy and went and had our ‘free’ ice cream sundaes. Hubby was a bit bummed, as he really wanted to do this, but just wasn’t ready. I told him that what ever he decided, I would be fine with. And truly I was ok with not buying right then.

After we enjoyed our ice cream we were driven to Disney Hollywood Studios (will always be MGM to me, sorry) to enjoy our day (along with our fast passes that we were also given) and continue on with our ‘honeymoon’!

pjstevens
04-03-2009, 06:32 PM
DHS…

I love THE HAT!!!

http://inlinethumb43.webshots.com/42154/2257720100074672119S500x500Q85.jpg http://inlinethumb17.webshots.com/21072/2830839320074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

I had heard about Toy Story Mania from many online friends and was determined we were going to do that. (even telling hubby when we passed this billboard from the port)

http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/43236/2204777250074672119S500x500Q85.jpg http://inlinethumb21.webshots.com/41428/2515397040074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We went straight there to use our special fast passes only to find out that all the fast passes for the day had been given out!! WHAT??? How could that be? The wait was more than an 75 minutes at that point. I’ve done Tour Guide Mike for years and haven’t waited in a line more than 15 minutes in several years; I could NOT justify an hour or more for a ride.

So we decided to go see what else we could use our fast passes on. We stopped to watch Mulch, Sweat and Tears! I use to think they just lip synced the songs but had recently found out that they were REALLY real performers.

http://inlinethumb35.webshots.com/43170/2788975950074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

So we walked down and did Rock and Roller Coaster. (one of hubby’s favs) but NOT Tower of Terror. Hubby won’t ride it and I won’t ride it alone, lol. (He has been stuck in too many elevators and just won’t do it, so no problem I by-passed it this trip)…

http://inlinethumb46.webshots.com/44077/2611778860074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

So we head back to Toy Story Mania and it’s still an hour wait, well at least it had come down a tiny bit. We walked by and hubby said ‘if you really want to, let’s go’… so I bite the bullet and get into the very LONG line. This reminds me of Test Track in that you are in the air conditioning the entire time, so it’s NOT THAT BAD! And there are some awesome pics from this one.

http://inlinethumb01.webshots.com/44352/2133444100074672119S425x425Q85.jpg http://inlinethumb60.webshots.com/9019/2432691100074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb17.webshots.com/42320/2254661530074672119S425x425Q85.jpg http://inlinethumb07.webshots.com/43974/2330246210074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

This is on the ceilng…

http://inlinethumb54.webshots.com/8757/2464861400074672119S425x425Q85.jpg http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/6602/2756469920074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb22.webshots.com/37589/2262839910074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Mr. Potato Head actually talked to the audience…

http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/42532/2804305100074672119S425x425Q85.jpg http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/45185/2873444230074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Of course hubby beat me…

http://inlinethumb29.webshots.com/44700/2106661210074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

another self portrait (hubby looking a bit tired).

http://inlinethumb51.webshots.com/8626/2834823020074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

It was then time to head back to Pop, we were BEAT. (and I was exhausted from my sunburn the day before).

http://inlinethumb35.webshots.com/42786/2383036440074672119S425x425Q85.jpg http://inlinethumb46.webshots.com/42733/2269792490074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

dstevens
04-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Bravo bravo. Keep it coming. It's funny but just today i was thinking about this and the cruise thread. Hey you need to add Yoda to your siggy.

pjstevens
04-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Bravo bravo. Keep it coming. It's funny but just today i was thinking about this and the cruise thread. Hey you need to add Yoda to your siggy.

For those that are going to ask who is Yoda???

Yoda is our newest addition to our zoo of animals. He is a 10 year old rescued Old English Bulldog.

http://inlinethumb47.webshots.com/42158/2848134600074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

He does have eyes (but they were closed here) and he does have more teeth.

mymainmouse
04-04-2009, 12:27 PM
You must be a mind reader because everytime I start to worry about where you are and hope that your okay you pop up with another update!:laughing:

How did you like Pop century? How was it compared to ASMu? We are staying at Pop this September. The other times we stayed at ASMu (which I really like) but Hubby talked me into Pop this time. I have heard alot of good things about it but thought since you have stayed at both you would have a good idea about both.

Yoda looks like a sweetheart. Our dog turned 10 this year and she is just starting to get the gray around her nose.

Great update and pictures! I especially like the one of the both of you in front of the hat a DHS, that peachy/coral color is a good color for you.:)

mermaidbride1108
04-05-2009, 12:52 AM
For those that are going to ask who is Yoda???

Yoda is our newest addition to our zoo of animals. He is a 10 year old rescued Old English Bulldog.

http://inlinethumb47.webshots.com/42158/2848134600074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

He does have eyes (but they were closed here) and he does have more teeth.

Hey! I have a Yoda too! Except your Yoda would probably eat my Yoda for lunch! He's a Chiuaua - with some really big ears!

chepic
04-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Great update!!! I watched the sneekpreview weddings....boy, it makes me want to do it all over again!! What a sap I am.:hug:

cheryl

pjstevens
04-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Great update!!! I watched the sneekpreview weddings....boy, it makes me want to do it all over again!! What a sap I am.:hug:

cheryl

You are not a sap... I love seeing all the DFTW! I too watch the sneak peeks.

pjstevens
04-05-2009, 04:55 PM
You must be a mind reader because everytime I start to worry about where you are and hope that your okay you pop up with another update!:laughing:

How did you like Pop century? How was it compared to ASMu? We are staying at Pop this September. The other times we stayed at ASMu (which I really like) but Hubby talked me into Pop this time. I have heard alot of good things about it but thought since you have stayed at both you would have a good idea about both.

Yoda looks like a sweetheart. Our dog turned 10 this year and she is just starting to get the gray around her nose.

Great update and pictures! I especially like the one of the both of you in front of the hat a DHS, that peachy/coral color is a good color for you.:)

Kelly, so glad to see I haven't 'lost' you. Oh you will LOVE POP! I think that was more our favorite then the All Stars, but really either is great. With Pop, it's a larger resort (since it's one where all stars are three smaller ones). The food court is much larger with lots of similar items. We love the theme of Pop and take LOTS of photos. You need to walk the walkway with the little signs and 'remember' when these things were happening (well depending on your age, you may remember some, lol). Hubby loved to get a cup of coffee and go walk the bridge first thing in the am.

Yoda has blended well into our family and is officially a 'member' of the zoo.

Well I promise it won't be two months before I update again (we are going back next month for my birthday, I really need to get this done before then).

pjstevens
04-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Hey! I have a Yoda too! Except your Yoda would probably eat my Yoda for lunch! He's a Chiuaua - with some really big ears!

Jackie,

thanks for stopping by. I'll have to check out your PJ and see if you have a pic of your Yoda. Can't wait to read about your menu tasting.

mymainmouse
04-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Kelly, so glad to see I haven't 'lost' you. Oh you will LOVE POP! I think that was more our favorite then the All Stars, but really either is great. With Pop, it's a larger resort (since it's one where all stars are three smaller ones). The food court is much larger with lots of similar items. We love the theme of Pop and take LOTS of photos. You need to walk the walkway with the little signs and 'remember' when these things were happening (well depending on your age, you may remember some, lol). Hubby loved to get a cup of coffee and go walk the bridge first thing in the am.

Yoda has blended well into our family and is officially a 'member' of the zoo.

Well I promise it won't be two months before I update again (we are going back next month for my birthday, I really need to get this done before then).
Patty,
I am so glad to hear you like Pop as much as ASMu. We have stayed at ASMu 3 times now and it kinda feels like home but I am excited to see the themeing of Pop. I think the girls will really like the themeing. We will have to make sure to walk the path with the "remember when" signs. Although I am much too young to probably remember much of it. :lmao: HA HA! Yeah right!:rotfl: Just kidding!
Are you going to do a trip report for your May trip? I hope you do because that will have to hold me over until we go in Sept.:laughing: Plus I am anxious to see the AK villas.:)

pjstevens
04-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Patty,
I am so glad to hear you like Pop as much as ASMu. We have stayed at ASMu 3 times now and it kinda feels like home but I am excited to see the themeing of Pop. I think the girls will really like the themeing. We will have to make sure to walk the path with the "remember when" signs. Although I am much too young to probably remember much of it. :lmao: HA HA! Yeah right!:rotfl: Just kidding!
Are you going to do a trip report for your May trip? I hope you do because that will have to hold me over until we go in Sept.:laughing: Plus I am anxious to see the AK villas.:)

Kelly, I have to commit to finish this report, cause May we have our weekend trip and then August is our first trip to Disneyland! Better get writing (wonder why I don't do pre-trip reports, lol)

pjstevens
04-08-2009, 10:07 PM
What day is this???? I forget what day of our trip this is, but it was our Magic Kingdom day!!! And a special dinner planned at Cali Grill!

http://inlinethumb35.webshots.com/43554/2007017500074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We had driven to Magic Kingdom, since we had a car, we decided to take advantage of not having to wait for the bus (or having to stand after a long day. We were able to park really close and walk to the monorail (or boat).

I was a little disappointed that it was all decorated for MNSSHP already (being it was so early in September). But we love the ‘fall’ decorations just the same.

http://inlinethumb61.webshots.com/43004/2051840620074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We’ve been touring WDW with the tips I’ve learned from Tour Guide Mike. I’d encourage anyone who would like to ride all the rides without waiting more than 15-20 minutes MAX to sign up for his touring plan! It works without a doubt. That’s why it killed me to wait an hour to do Toy Story Mania! (ok, plug for TGM is over)…

Our first stop was Pirates of the Caribbean but it was ‘closed’ temporarily. So off we went to Frontierland. One of our first rides was Splash Mountain (which we will only do if it’s pretty hot so we aren’t walking around soaked all day). Before getting on Splash Mountain we grabbed a fast pass for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The wait time for both rides at that time was pretty much walk on! Luckily we didn’t get too wet on Splash Mountain.

http://inlinethumb31.webshots.com/42718/2630046610074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

After Splash we went over to BTMR and the wait time was still like five minutes so we saved our fast pass and walked right on!

It was soon time to wonder around and we finally found someone who could take our pics (instead of all our ‘self-portraits’) You can see a few water spots (but nothing major).

http://inlinethumb06.webshots.com/43269/2673481640074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We then walked around Liberty Square towards Fantasyland. On the way we had to stop by the Haunted Mansion. Some day I hope to get a photopass shot here with the ghosts, but never seems to be a photographer there when we are, L

http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/44125/2386122990074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb01.webshots.com/45376/2048774860074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We then enjoyed Fantasyland. We rode IASW (It’s a Small World) and please don’t get that song going in my head!!! We then rode Winnie the Pooh (he’s my fav).

Then it was time for our lunch at Crystal Palace. We eat there just about every time, because, like I said, I LOVE POOH!!! When we got to our table it was decorated for us.

http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/42589/2232217100074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We enjoyed a leisurely lunch with all the characters. Chatted with a Harley owner next to us (it’s a bond between them!) who took some pics for us (so we’d have a few together).

http://inlinethumb31.webshots.com/24286/2710228520074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb12.webshots.com/43915/2236957290074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/41207/2227576370074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb51.webshots.com/43186/2958924890074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We were then treated to a ‘special’ celebration cupcake (so yummy)!

http://inlinethumb44.webshots.com/38251/2622174400074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We were also treated with a celebration certificate signed by all the characters! (of course I don’t have a pic of that).

After our lovely lunch we headed back towards POC. We stopped to enjoy the ‘show’ …

http://inlinethumb57.webshots.com/42424/2876153600074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/44163/2356719990074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

POC was now open so we head in to ride that. (no real wait either since it hadn’t been opened long).

When we came out of the gift shop there was a photopass photographer there and I wanted a pic with Captain Hook…The photographer had us switch hats??? What??? Well you can see why.

http://inlinethumb24.webshots.com/35671/2317235620074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/39453/2390521630074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

It was getting late and we have dinner plans so we decided to head out (not watching any parades or shows, lol). We had to stop by the Castle since we really hadn’t gotten any pics there this day. Can you see how few people were there.

http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/41764/2338634550074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/43876/2608670110074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Up next our ‘anniversary’ dinner at California Grill.

mymainmouse
04-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Kelly, I have to commit to finish this report, cause May we have our weekend trip and then August is our first trip to Disneyland! Better get writing (wonder why I don't do pre-trip reports, lol)

Patty,
Your'e going to Disneyland?! :woohoo: That is so awesome! Gosh, now I am a little jealous! :laughing: Sigh... I guess you'll have to do another trip report so I can live vicariously through you. :laughing:

Great update!:)

figmentfan814
04-09-2009, 11:35 PM
I love all the updates :goodvibes Isn't Toy Story Mania a blast! I love walking through the line, with everything to look at the time seems to go by faster. Great shot of the two of you in front of the hat!

That's great that you found several people to take pictures of the two of you together while you were at MK. I hate when there's no one around that you can trust to take a picture or two. So, glad that you are continuing the updates. Yoga is so cute! We just got an older cat from the pound and she still doesn't seem to like our dog. We don't quite have a zoo yet though, I'm not sure that DH would let me get away with that :rotfl:

pjstevens
04-10-2009, 06:10 AM
Patty,
Your'e going to Disneyland?! :woohoo: That is so awesome! Gosh, now I am a little jealous! :laughing: Sigh... I guess you'll have to do another trip report so I can live vicariously through you. :laughing:

Great update!:)

Kelly, we are beyond excited. Never thought we'd get there, but buy DVC enabled us to go and we found great airfare since there are four of us going. I'll be sure to do a TR for that too, lol. And hopefully I won't take nearly as long.

I love all the updates :goodvibes Isn't Toy Story Mania a blast! I love walking through the line, with everything to look at the time seems to go by faster. Great shot of the two of you in front of the hat!

That's great that you found several people to take pictures of the two of you together while you were at MK. I hate when there's no one around that you can trust to take a picture or two. So, glad that you are continuing the updates. Yoga is so cute! We just got an older cat from the pound and she still doesn't seem to like our dog. We don't quite have a zoo yet though, I'm not sure that DH would let me get away with that :rotfl:

Vanessa, thanks for following along. We loved TSM and if by chance we get back to DHS (a maybe for next month) we'll definitely hit the fast pass for that.

It is hard to ask a stranger to take your pic but in the first one, I saw a couple and he was taking pics of her so I offered to take one of the two of them in return for them taking ours, lol. Worked. In the second a nice couple was walking out of HM and I asked them. It's hard when it's not crowded with people everywhere (who'd ever complain about that, lol).

pjstevens
05-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Well, I’m determined that I have to finish this report ASAP…. we just returned from our very first trip as DVC members and cannot ‘start’ that TR until this is done. So, on with the show…

While leaving MK, it hit me why it was so NOT crowded that day… that evening was Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!

My good friend Cam had arrived at Pop this day and she and her friend Judy were spending their evening at MNSSHP! It would have been fun to meet up with them, but we were anxious to have our special dinner.

When I made our ADR’s for Cali Grill, I had planned on Wishes being at the ‘normal’ time. Needless to say with it being MNSSHP, it was not Wishes and the fireworks were later than we had planned. L

California Grill! What a beautiful restaurant. We had done the dining plan and it’s scary but we used ALL our TS in one day, lol. Having had Crystal Palace for lunch and then Cali Grill for dinner (a 2TS place).

Again, I’ll say how nice it was to have our own car. To get to the Contemporary was easy with a car; no taking one bus to one place, waiting for another bus to the resort… So we arrived at the Contemp and were so impressed with how nice it was (granted it’s a Deluxe, but we’d only been ‘through’ there on the Monorail or to eat at Chef Mickey’s). We went to the counter to check in for California Grill as you cannot take the elevator up without be accompanied by a CG cm.

We got upstairs and had to wait a few minutes until our table was ready. In no time we were being escorted to out table. It was nicely decorated for our anniversary.

http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/5251/2573143820074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

There is a ‘no hats rule’ at the CG, so our bride and groom hats had to sit alone…

http://inlinethumb58.webshots.com/45049/2837846370074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Our waiter was kind enough to take a photo of us. Can you say I got too much sun AGAIN!!!

http://inlinethumb61.webshots.com/44924/2507029910074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We had a lovely dinner, but honestly not sure if I’d go again (not for two TS). It was the atmosphere though, that was nice and watching the sun set was beautiful. Would have loved a window seat but we did not. After a lovely dinner (sorry no food porn) we went out to the deck to watch the fireworks. BUT, it wasn’t going to happen for some time. We enjoyed the view though and another couple took this pic for us.

http://inlinethumb15.webshots.com/34446/2864271600074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

After a lovely dinner we went back to our room and found this lovely surprise.

http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/41866/2144804680074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Up next our day at Epcot!!! And then our photos from the Poly.

pjstevens
05-13-2009, 07:06 PM
We were up bright and early to be at Epcot at rope drop. I love to use Tour Guide Mike and truly think the tips I get there are what make our trip so enjoyable and we get to ride so many things.

Dale starts each morning reading the paper and enjoying his donuts

http://inlinethumb47.webshots.com/41966/2989990070074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

It was then time to head to Epcot. I think this is our favorite park (yes I love MK, cause it’s so Disney, but Epcot is just ‘special’ to us).

http://inlinethumb54.webshots.com/43701/2412304510074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb50.webshots.com/43761/2587696110074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Being at rope drop is so nice and we were so close to the front…

http://inlinethumb21.webshots.com/42132/2720137850074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Our first job was off to Soarin. On the way we had to ‘check in’ on our daughters place she worked at during the CP. She was in Sunshine Seasons.

http://inlinethumb08.webshots.com/44743/2624786980074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We rode Soarin and then headed over to ride Nemo

http://inlinethumb44.webshots.com/44971/2927483540074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

After The Adventures of Nemo we strolled around The Seas and finally got our picture in the Shark.

http://inlinethumb16.webshots.com/45391/2644312310074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

After we watched the Manatees and looked at all the lovely fish in the giant aquarium, we headed over to Figment. I know many people do not like him, but he’s one of my favs.

http://inlinethumb23.webshots.com/44438/2624190440074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We then did Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Remember we were there at rope drop and it was still too early to go to the Worlds. We’d done Soarin, Living the Land (boat ride), Nemo; enjoyed the Seas; Figment and HISTA.

We went back to Soarin to ride with our Fastpass and I had gotten a text from Betsy!!! We were going to meet up shortly.

Now it was time to FINALLY do the Character Connection! I’ve wanted to do this but it’s always so crowded. Today, a little crowd, but it’s nice that you get time with EACH character and they’ll take pics with your own camera also (so if you don’t purchase the Photopass pics) you still have some good pics.

http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/42826/2212111910074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb07.webshots.com/45318/2995671820074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/43395/2698217640074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb22.webshots.com/20949/2922778770074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb61.webshots.com/44796/2530650530074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb32.webshots.com/44895/2274316600074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

After seeing all our FRIENDS it was time to meet one of the other Disbrides Betsy!!!!

http://inlinethumb54.webshots.com/38005/2941869230074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

After meeting up with Betsy for just a few minutes (so wish we had more time) we were off to ride Test Track.

http://inlinethumb14.webshots.com/28877/2096657500074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

It is NOW time to finally head to the World Showcase.

DisneyDmbNut
05-13-2009, 07:31 PM
yeah!! I have a picture too!
http://i41.tinypic.com/25zo2ed.jpg

pjstevens
05-14-2009, 08:25 PM
We finally head over to the World Showcase and it’s not even noon yet. Can I say again just how much I like to follow TGM!

At this point we had decided we were hungry (and having used all of our TS the previous day) we decided we’d share a counter (trying to stretch our ‘free dining’). We’d never eaten at the little Mexican counter service. Cantina de San Angel. Here they have a combo meal which is lots of food for one person, so we shared this along with the Churro for dessert. These birds were hoping we’d share (but we didn’t).

http://inlinethumb43.webshots.com/41962/2865340600074672119S425x425Q85.jpg http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/41335/2839810670074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

After a relaxing lunch we got to meet Donald! He’s so cute.

http://inlinethumb20.webshots.com/41747/2959131910074672119S500x500Q85.jpg
We then head into Mexico to ride the ‘Donald’ ride (The Three Caballeros). This is quiet, dark, cool, a nice escape from the hot summer sun.

We walked around the World Showcase stopping to visit some of the countries (sorry no pics). It was then time to head back to Pop to relax by the pool before getting ready for our photos at the Poly!!! We had received a call the previous day, reminding me of our appointment (how could we forget, I’d been planning this for months) but I mentioned to the woman that it was our 25th anniversary and we’d just renewed our vows on the Wonder (via DFTW) and was hoping for a ‘good’ photographer.

We arrived at the Poly early as instructed to check in. We were earlier than we needed to be so we looked around the gift shop and strolled around the second floor waiting til ‘our turn’. We were blessed to have a great photographer and she spent way more than the 20 or 30 minutes that were allotted to us. We have way more ‘good’ photos than I can share, so here are just a few of my favorites…

http://inlinethumb09.webshots.com/15816/2570616360074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb50.webshots.com/44785/2867052480074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb34.webshots.com/33121/2121607200074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/43119/2623815430074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/43201/2760197050074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

After we were done, we got to ‘view’ all the pics on the monitor. Our photographer then loaded those onto our Photopass card (and created another card with all the Photopass pics we had yet, just in case!).

Up next, our last day! I hate our last day’s always sad leaving!

mymainmouse
05-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Yeah! Two updates! :yay: I was just wondering if you had left for you May trip yet. I can't wait to hear about your new trip! I hope you had a great time. Happy Birthday by the way!

pjstevens
05-15-2009, 05:58 AM
Yeah! Two updates! :yay: I was just wondering if you had left for you May trip yet. I can't wait to hear about your new trip! I hope you had a great time. Happy Birthday by the way!

Kelly, so glad you are still here. I figured I'm writing this just for myself at this point. I am going to scrapbook this trip at some point so this will help me to remember what we did, lol.

We got back late Sunday night from our long weekend at Disney, staying at the Kidani Villas. Had a wonderful time!!! Can't wait to tell you about it. One more day to finish here then I can start that.

I'm hoping to get this last installment in this weekend (it's a busy one as usual) but we'll see. I'll be sure to put a link once I start the new TR.

How are you doing? I hope you and your family are well.

figmentfan814
05-15-2009, 10:55 AM
After we watched the Manatees and looked at all the lovely fish in the giant aquarium, we headed over to Figment. I know many people do not like him, but he’s one of my favs.

http://inlinethumb23.webshots.com/44438/2624190440074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

:figment::figment: Yeah, Figment! I think its because many people don't remember the original attraction which was so much better!

We haven't been to the California Grill in years. We had a bad experience there and I haven't been back. It is such a nice setting though. Even though it is a little disappointing that you missed the fireworks, at least you still got to enjoy some time on the balcony.

You have some great character shots from your day in Epcot. I also love all the pictures from your photo session at the Polynesian, it really looks like you had a great photographer.

Don't worry about your TR taking a while. I finished my wedding portion, but am still working on my Hawaiian honeymoon from last May!

pjstevens
05-15-2009, 11:37 AM
:figment::figment: Yeah, Figment! I think its because many people don't remember the original attraction which was so much better!

Vanessa, I always think of you and Carol (another disbride, she had pics with Figment ~ the stuffed ones, lol) when I talk about Figment. I think he's just so 'cute'!

I'm proud to say, one more day and I'm done with this TR (sad in a way) but then I can start on our trip from last week!!! :goodvibes

mymainmouse
05-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Kelly, so glad you are still here. I figured I'm writing this just for myself at this point. I am going to scrapbook this trip at some point so this will help me to remember what we did, lol.

We got back late Sunday night from our long weekend at Disney, staying at the Kidani Villas. Had a wonderful time!!! Can't wait to tell you about it. One more day to finish here then I can start that.

I'm hoping to get this last installment in this weekend (it's a busy one as usual) but we'll see. I'll be sure to put a link once I start the new TR.

How are you doing? I hope you and your family are well.

I am so glad you had a good time. I bet the Kidani villas are so nice. Your pictures from your session at the Poly are so nice. We need to do something like that while we are there sometime. I am trying to come up with something special to do for my parents 40th anniversary while we are there. That might be an idea. Are there limits to the number of people allowed in a session?

We are all doing pretty well. Ready for school to be out but enjoying the warmer weather.

I noticed you have a new picture of baby Isabella in your siggie. She is a cutey!:lovestruc

Can't wait for your next update and your new trip report!

figmentfan814
05-17-2009, 11:41 PM
Vanessa, I always think of you and Carol (another disbride, she had pics with Figment ~ the stuffed ones, lol) when I talk about Figment. I think he's just so 'cute'!

Thanks! Its funny how little things like that can remind us of fellow Dis Brides :bride:

dstevens
08-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Knock knock. Hello! We are stilllllllll patiently waiting for you to finish this :happytv: You will have to update the pictures. You are slimmer and better looking :cool1::thumbsup2 while i :rolleyes1 oh well forget it. Just finish the report. :love: By the way we also took a trip in May and are going to DL in 9 days incase you want to start planning that trip report. :woohoo:

DisneyDmbNut
08-07-2009, 11:44 AM
you could give us "the grooms" report ya know!

dstevens
08-07-2009, 11:49 AM
you could give us "the grooms" report ya know!
Ah, but i did. It's under "Dale's not so scary trip report" I'm sure ther is a link somewhere in this outdated ancient archived report. By the way, how are you and your groom doing?

DisneyDmbNut
08-07-2009, 11:57 AM
We are great!

We had our anniversary on Monday..did you see the cake I had made to match the DCL one?
http://i29.tinypic.com/29qcft1.jpg

dstevens
08-07-2009, 12:13 PM
We are great!

We had our anniversary on Monday..did you see the cake I had made to match the DCL one?
http://i29.tinypic.com/29qcft1.jpg
I did not see the cake. The cake looks real nice. Congrats on the anniversary.:cool1: Patty doesn't let me in on her threads and postings. I stay away from all that bride stuff. I prefer guy threads. Like food and sports and other subjects :thumbsup2