PDA

View Full Version : Food in Topsiders???

trekygirl26
02-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Some of my family members went on a 7 day cruise in November 07 and they said that the breakfast in Topsiders was always cold. Apparently they got rid of the steaming tables and put in warming trays. These trays just hold bowls of food and attempt to keep them hot. Do they still have these on board and has anyone else noticed the temperatue of the food isn't as hot as it used to be.

BoardwalkBabe
02-11-2008, 02:55 PM
I had breakfast there everyday during our December cruise and didn't notice anything being cold that wasn't supposed to be.

Andrew DEREK UK
02-11-2008, 03:01 PM
I always was happy with the food temp bar the toast!

It helps also with all buffets to go when the open as all buffets suffer from things going cold, the omelet bar is often a good alternative.-Made to order.

CraftyMouse
02-11-2008, 03:14 PM
We have never had a problem with Topsiders, particularly for breakfast. The food has always been hot, plentiful and tasty. We were on the Magic for 14 nights in December and ate at Topsiders many times (both for breakfast and lunch) and never had a problem.

Soichiro
02-11-2008, 03:17 PM
It's possible they were having issues with their heating? It'd be rare, but it's possible, I guess.

Never had problems at Topsiders.

Andrew DEREK UK
02-11-2008, 03:37 PM
I want ''hot'' toast.

dzorn
02-11-2008, 04:29 PM
The food was warm whenever we ate it.

I love my Mickey Waffles.

Denise in MI

SweetSpot
02-11-2008, 08:11 PM
We also cruised in November and noticed the warming trays. They still had steam trays for all the hot food except oatmeal and cream of wheat in the morning and soups at lunch. They were in big bowls on warming trays and were never hot, mostly luke warm. I like food really hot food and found it best to head to omelet station in the morning which turns into a stir fry/pasta station for lunch. They make food to order so not only is it hot it's made just the way you like it.

jlw0820
02-11-2008, 08:24 PM
dzorn I am with you it has been four years this month since we last cruised. I loved the mickey waffle I even bought a mickey waffle iron but they are never the same I can't wait until november when we will cruise again they better have lots of them because I can't wait.

kasidak
02-11-2008, 08:30 PM
We just got back yesterday from cruising on the Magic. The breakfast in Topsiders was hot and delicious when we ate there. In fact all the meals were great at Topsiders.

crw
02-11-2008, 09:04 PM
We encountered no temperature or quality issues at Topsiders. Quality was in line with many WDW buffets.

cmash95
02-12-2008, 08:14 AM
many of the wdw buffets are using the warming trays and the food is still hot. but it does take some time to warm the dishes up, so if they put a new dish on the tray, the food might not be as hot. I personally don't like food that is steaming hot, even cooked cerials. I like them warm enough so that they are still warm but I don't have to blow the steam off of them in order to eat it. I read an article awhile back that most " buffet" restaurants are going towards these trays instead of the steam tables for health and safety reasons. it's easier to control the temperature and you don't have the moisture and hot steam to burn the employees. I haven't been on dcl yet, but can say that my family tends to have most of their meals in the buffets. i like to sit down and eat but they like the variety they can get at the buffets.

granmaz
02-12-2008, 08:34 AM
We ate breakfast each day at Beach blanket on the wonder. I did find the oatmeal was always cool as was the toast!!

We did love eating there though, both for breakfast and lunch.