PDA

View Full Version : packing tips and space saver bags help

disneyfan2
02-10-2008, 09:22 PM
i just purchased the space savers that require no vacuum, but for some reason i cannot figure out how to get the air out? It says to roll them out, but for some reason i can't seem to get the air out. Anyone know what i am doing wrong?

MontanaZoo
02-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Make sure your zip lock end is closed really tightly and then roll towards the opposite end. It has vents in that end that open up and release the air so make sure your clothes aren't crowded too tightly and block the vent.

pepe of ohio
02-12-2008, 04:22 PM
We use them all the time, we place our clothes in them, seal the top, roll it over a couple times and then I place the bag up against the side of the bed and force the air out with my thighs and legs. This keeps the bag flatter than rolling. Takes alot of pressure to get the bottom valve to pop, just push.

disneyfan2
02-12-2008, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE=pepe of ohio;23161191 then I place the bag up against the side of the bed and force the air out with my thighs and legs. .[/QUOTE]

Interesting technique :goodvibes I wonder what my DH would say if he saw me doing this :rotfl: I think my problem was not squeezing the air out hard enough, i was afraid i would pop a hole!

micki7337
02-12-2008, 08:46 PM
we use them or just a regular large zipper bag it works similar and is cheaper.

Jakesmom504
02-13-2008, 09:27 AM
DM and I were just talking about these and wondering if they really work. We both said it seems like they would ruin your clothes if they were packed away for quite some time, any experiences? What about for vacation? If you use them for your suitcase, do your clothes get all wrinkled???:confused3
Just wondering!

ZoZo
02-13-2008, 12:59 PM
DM and I were just talking about these and wondering if they really work. We both said it seems like they would ruin your clothes if they were packed away for quite some time, any experiences? What about for vacation? If you use them for your suitcase, do your clothes get all wrinkled???:confused3
Just wondering!

I did a "test pack" with them a couple of trips ago, and didn't end up using them. I think that if you're not packing a lot of bulky stuff (like fleece jackets), simply rolling your clothes tightly works just fine. I tried packing my stuff with the space bags, and without, and decided not to use them. I like to stuff little things, like rolled t-shirts, in the nooks and crannies of my other stuff, and couldnt' do that with space bags.

To the OP: I found that you really have to make sure that the slider/zipper is tightly closed before rolling your space bags - otherwise, the air leaks out. Run the slider/zipper across the top several times, pressing down tightly, to make sure there's a good seal.