PDA

View Full Version : Bidshare or any other reliable condo rental agencys?

Bella the Ball 360
02-10-2008, 06:34 PM
I had read that Bidshare was a good place to find condo rentals but now I am thinking that is not so. My husband won the bid on one week at Vistana. The owner turned it down. So he see's one week at Vistana Village Cascades on Bidshare again and he then bids the reserve. The owner turned out to be the same owner who turned down the bid he won(that I can understand) but it turns out that the owner owns in Visnta Village not Vistana Cascades as Bidshare had advertised AND the owner turned down the asking price (kind of like the buy it now on EBAY). Apparently according to the owner, Bidshare had all the info wrong and this was on two seperate postings!!

Anywhere else that rents condos that might be more reilable. I know when I asked the question before, there was another site that was supposed to be good but I do not know what it was. Could it be TUG??

sympatico
02-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Why don't you rent directly from an owner. You can find lots of listings on vrbo.com for Kissimmee (pool homes, townhouses or condos) or Orlando (condos). There's also homeaway.com, greatrentals.com. Some of the subdivisions have their own website where owners list:
Windsor Hills: windsorhillsrent.com
Windsor Palms http://www.windsor-palms-florida.net/
Emerald Island www.StayAtEmeraldIsland.com
There's literally hundreds to choose from.

Bella the Ball 360
02-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks we will try that. Usually we use Skyauction but they seem to have dried up when it comes to choices.

Brian Noble
02-10-2008, 08:42 PM
bidshare is just like VRBO---it's just a marketplace. Reliability is a function of the owner.

Freaky
02-11-2008, 02:19 AM
Other sites worth a try are homeaway.com or lastminutevillas.net - again renting direct from the owner. You will find some lovely condos & townhomes :goodvibes