PDA

View Full Version : Windsor Hills - "DSNY homes"

jeffhoppy
02-10-2008, 01:27 PM
We are busy planning a family trip and looking for reviews/experiences from anyone who has stayed at or had dealings with DSNY Homes. There are a lot of reviews and advice on these forums which are awesome. We have a good "gut" feeling from our dealings with the owner but can't help being a little bit cautious.

Please share any reviews or experiences you have with DSNY Homes.

Thanks a bunch! :)

WVMomof3
02-17-2008, 07:32 PM
I am going to bump this up because I am wondering the same thing. We are about to put our deposit down for one of them. They look nice and the twin bedrooms are super cute. Anybody stayed in any of them?

http://www.dsnyinwindsorhills.com/

WVMomof3
02-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Wow, I can't believe nobody has stayed at any of these. Just wondering what you decided Jeffhoppy. We put our deposit down for DSNY3 for our June trip. My dd and her cousin are so excited about the princess room. I thought the cowboy room is so cute, but of course my DS does not want anything to do with it. He did say he liked the fireman room. The other kids are older so I guess will put up with the decor! :) Hoping everything works out OK.

mrswh
02-20-2008, 04:06 PM
I considered them for a trip, but when I compared prices with other homes, they were much more expensive (in some cases double the cost!). They do look nice, but I noticed that they had a lot of open availability, and I assume it's because of the price.

jeffhoppy
02-22-2008, 05:21 PM
We booked DSNY3 too. The prices are a little higher but the owner worked with us a little. The one thing that was nice is that the price was the price. No added fees for cleaning, pool heat, taxes, etc. The others that we looked into, if we added the tax and incidentals, the price came close - still more at DSNY but only by a couple hundred bucks.

I am planning on puting a review on here when we get back since there aren't any - and hard to get info on these properties except for the host website.

After talking to them, I checked out the property tax website and the owner names/addresses/etc all checked out. We felt comfortable after talking with them and they seemed to check out.

Let us know how the place turns out. Have a great trip in June!

Jeff

deejay-55
02-23-2008, 05:37 AM
There are a large number of owners’ homes to choose from, and there is always an element of trust involved - you are trusting the owners to rent you their vacation home, and they are trusting you to treat it with respect. Mostly everything works out fine.

minnie10
02-23-2008, 06:51 AM
Some folks from my hometown own a home/villa 5 minutes from Disney. It looks awesome. Check it out at www.lazybonesvilla.com. I have heard great things about it. Looks great for children.

KarenG101
02-23-2008, 09:29 AM
You can try these homes too they are very close to Disney

http://www.disneyvillarentals.com/index.html